Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

D - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25686 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
Educate me then, son, what is the amount of stillbirths there was in Africa back in 1906?

Does giving birth in hospital reduce the chances of giving birth to a stillborn child?
You can deduce that it was high by examining the infant mortality rate in undeveloped parts of Africa today, if its that bad today, imagine how it would be without modern medicine.

2 Likes

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lennycool:

You can deduce that it was high by examining the infant mortality rate in undeveloped parts of Africa today, if its that bad today, imagine how it would be without modern medicine.
Does giving birth in a hospital mean one can't give birth to a stillborn child? Or have complications?

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
Does giving birth in a hospital mean one can't give birth to a stillborn child? Or have complications?
It reduces the rate significantly

2 Likes

Re: D by lele007: 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lennycool:
What is amiss in the prayer request above?
something you cannot see through the maze of your own bias.
Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lennycool:

It reduces the rate significantly
Really?

2.6 million stillbirths occurred worldwide in 2009.

2.6 million stillbirths occured worldwide again in 2015.

If giving birth in hospital does not guarantee that one will not give birth to a stillborn baby then let the poor women give birth in church!

1 Like

Re: D by Seun(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
If giving birth in hospital does not guarantee that one will not give birth to a stillborn baby then let the poor women give birth in church!
In life, nothing is guaranteed, but risks can be reduced. Seat belts do not guarantee your safety, but they reduce the risk of fatal injuries. It would not make any sense to say that, because seat belts don't guarantee your safety, you will not use them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seun:
In life, nothing is guaranteed, but risks can be reduced. Seat belts do not guarantee your safety, but they reduce the risk of fatal. It would not make any sense to say that, because seat belts don't guarantee your safety, you will not use them. The same can be said about condoms.
Good. Tell that to Lenny cool. It would not make any sense to say that, because giving birth in a church don't guarantee your safety, they should not give birth there.

"In life, nothing is guaranteed - Seun "

1 Like

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
How many stillborn babies were born in Church in 2016, Seun?

1 Like

Re: D by randomperson: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
How many stillborn babies were born in Church in 2016, Seun?
That's the problem, there are no reliable records because they are in church. But churches are not as safe as hospitals. Ergo, everyone should deliver their babies in hospitals
Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

That's the problem, there are no reliable records because they are in church. But churches are not as safe as hospitals. Ergo, everyone should deliver their babies in hospitals
In other words, you have never heard that women gave birth to stillborn babies in Church?

One stillborn baby born in a Church would be better than 2.5 million stillborn babies born in hospital!
Re: D by randomperson: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
In other words, you have never heard that women gave birth to stillborn babies in Church?

One stillborn baby born in a Church would be better than 2.5 million stillborn babies born in hospital!
This is common sense... What are the things that facilitate quick and safe delivery?? Expertise of the medical personnel, facilities for surgery in case of complications e.t.c. these things are better found in the hospital, therefore hospital deliveries are safer... Again it's common sense

1 Like

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

This is common sense... What are the things that facilitate quick and safe delivery?? Expertise of the medical personnel, facilities for surgery in case of complications e.t.c. these things are better found in the hospital, therefore hospital deliveries are safer... Again it's common sense
Lol. If hospital deliveries are safer, why are there 2.8 million stillbirths every year!

And no stillbirths in churches!

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lennycool:
The experiment goes like this, next time you have a physically visible injury (I insist on visible because most so called healings are just placebo effects that alter our mental state, if its visible no matter how well you feel the cut would still be there, your altered mind has little effect on the physical) , like a cut on your skin, a burn e.t.c you should pray to God to heal you. If prayer really worked you should be healed in a matter of minutes or atmost an hour.
But many reading this already know the prayer won't work and might already be coming up with these excuses

Faith: If it doesn't work most might come up with the excuse that they don't have enough faith, yet Jesus said that if only you possess faith as small as a mustard seed you should be able to move mountains, so that much faith shouldn't be required for a simple injury.

Testing God: Again most might come up with the excuse that they are testing God, but again this would be wrong, you have an injury and you're in pain, you ask your heavenly father to heal you. How is this testing God?

God has his own time:,Another excuse might be that God takes his time, but again this is just another attempt to deny the obvious, why should God wait that long to heal you of something that is presently causing you pain?

You can't deny the obvious, the prayer won't work because no one is answering them.

The Templeton foundation has even carried out research on prayers, and found them even detrimental to the health of sick patients.

A few weeks ago I had a cut on my big toe. it was extremely painful and so I had it wrapped in plaster to prevent bacteria getting in. Three days later I was in Church having a quiet time with God, I didn't pray about the injury, I just thought it would heal eventually although I was still experiencing pain after four days

After I finished praying I noticed I wasn't feeling any pain on my toe again. I was SHOCKED because I had been in pain but suddenly i felt nothing. Absolutely no pains, 100% free. The scar was still there though
Re: D by Seun(m): 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
God2man:
Alternate explanation?
A different explanation of why many things in the bible don't make sense when we reason about them. Some thing just don't make sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by randomperson: 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
Lol. If hospital deliveries are safer, why are there 2.8 million stillbirths every year!

And no stillbirths in churches!
Please what statistics are u relying on to show there are no still births in churches?

2 Likes

Re: D by Seun(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pidgin2:
A few weeks ago I had a cut on my big toe. it was extremely painful and so I had it wrapped in plaster to prevent bacteria getting in. Three days later I was in Church having a quiet time with God, I didn't pray about the injury, I just thought it would heal eventually although I was still experiencing pain after four days

After I finished praying I noticed I wasn't feeling any pain on my toe again. I was SHOCKED because I had been in pain but suddenly i felt nothing. Absolutely no pains, 100% free. The scar was still there though
Was that the first time you had quiet time after cutting your toe? If not, can you really be sure that your quiet time was what healed you?

Suppose you noticed that the pain was gone after spending time on Nairaland. Would you have thought that you were healed by Nairaland?

What happens with testimonies is that you notice the few coincidences that align with your religious views, but ignore the many that don't.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by Seun(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

Please what statistics are u relying on to show there are no still births in churches?
Yea, thats just a lie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

Can you provide evidence to refute my claim that no stillbirths has occured in church before?

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seun:

Suppose you noticed that the pain was gone after spending time on Nairaland. Would you have thought that you were healed by Nairaland?

How does viewing a website grant you healing ?

Anyway , I shared this testimony here not too long ago and no one was able to disprove it . I observed that you are skilled at questioning miracles but not the non existent evidence of Mark Zuckerberg's atheism or of an eternal universe so this is your shtick -impugning testimonies- I guess . Here is the testimony :

KingEbukasBlog:

Hey bro

I don't argue for other gods but I have seen compelling miracles in Christianity

Like the dead being raised , the sick being healed and so many incredible testimonies .

In fact , last Sunday a young man testified of being healed of diabetes and hepatitis

With results of this healing from the lab

The concomitant frequent urinating and high levels of blood sugar ceased after receiving his miracle .

According to him , the lab scientist was shocked and kept questioning him , till he reluctantly accepted that the miracle happened . It was beyond his comprehension .

If the same thing happens in other religions which I strongly doubt , then from a Christian perspective their powers are from the wicked one - Satan whose purpose is to deceive people into thinking that have found truth in false religions

2 Corinthians 11:14–15
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

1 Like

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seun:
Yea, thats just a lie.
Go ahead and provide evidence to refute my claim. In which church did stillbirths occur?

1 Like

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seun:

Was that the first time you had quiet time after stubbing your toe? If not, can you really be sure that your quiet time was what healed you?

What happens with testimonies is that you notice the few coincidencesgringrincheesycheesythat align with your religious views, but ignore the many that don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H3x3YDojdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4Kkmpu00g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhQnckYovmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zxsNHCvSKI

1 Like

Re: D by WRAKE(m): 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seun:

Was that the first time you had quiet time after cutting your toe? If not, can you really be sure that your quiet time was what healed you?

What happens with testimonies is that you notice the few coincidences that align with your religious views, but ignore the many that don't.
Sensitivity

1 Like

Re: D by WRAKE(m): 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seun:
But do you agree that prayer does not work? Would you accept the observation that the "thing greater than us", even if it exists, evidently doesn't answer prayers?
Who are you?

1 Like

Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 12:43am On Jan 11, 2017
WRAKE:
Who are you?
someone a lot more real than your imaginary friend you call god

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 11, 2017
Seun:

Was that the first time you had quiet time after stubbing your toe? If not, can you really be sure that your quiet time was what healed you?

Lol honestly, I was a bit worried that the wound might be infected because of the pain but it went away suddenly I knew it was a miracle.

Yes that was the first time I had a quiet time after the injury. I went to church in pain and I left completely pain free. Of course if this happened after a visit to nairaland I would have viewed this place differently but it didn't and no one else has claimed to receive healing from here so I will know it's a coincidence cheesy

But in Church t's not a coincidence because many people have received healing through prayers
Re: D by randomperson: 5:53am On Jan 11, 2017
Ferruccio:
Can you provide evidence to refute my claim that no stillbirths has occured in church before?
U are the one claiming, u are the one who should prove. Do churches keep record of their unsuccessful deliveries??...
Re: D by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Wow three days later shocked
Nothing strange about that.

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 11, 2017
Ferruccio:
Really?

2.6 million stillbirths occurred worldwide in 2009.

2.6 million stillbirths occured worldwide again in 2015.

You're just saying rubbish now.
Compare infant mortality rate of 1906 with 2015.
That is a better comparison

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 11, 2017
lele007:

something you cannot see through the maze of your own bias.
Then guide me na.
What is amiss
Re: D by WRAKE(m): 8:01am On Jan 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

someone a lot more real than your imaginary friend you call god
I have no imaginary friend

What are you talking about?
Re: D by randomperson: 8:06am On Jan 11, 2017
WRAKE:

I have no imaginary friend

What are you talking about?
Is god not your friend?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. / Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo / Daddy Freeze: When Corruption Favours Christians They Call It Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.