Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96654 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
OlaoChi:
that's like saying Oduduwa wasn't Yoruba

Abraham is the ancestor of Jews, his ways are the ways of the Jews not African people

That's assumption, kindly use illustrations that fit

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Peacefullove: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

1 Corinthians 9:13-14 (KJV)
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

and tithing is of the gospel ? grin grin

Did this verse said they collect tithe ? Point it out, where its written that they collect tithe !

the Lord in that passage when he actually said those who preach should live by the gospel, was he making a reference to tithe ?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
Peacefullove:

Did this verse said they collect tithe ? Point it out, where its written that they collect tithe !

the Lord in that passage when he actually said those who preach should live by the gospel, was he making a reference to tithe ?

It's as simple as it says .How does the temple workers and ministers get theirwelfare ? it's through TITHES AND OFFERINGS

Is just a. Simple parallel.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
openmine:

hmmm...nice so please help out bro which of those laws do u OBEY?
Its not enough to call it an inspiration from God.... just because of tithes....state explicitly if u burn incense on a daily basis....I guess u only observe tithe while leaving the rest..that my bro is called cherry-picking...
U don't keep the one that is convenient to you while ignoring the rest...

Ref:
James 2:10

If All Na All, how many of them are you doing?
Taking the one that appears comfortable 2 U aka tithe?...you are not being truthful 2 urself....

Its very clear from the bible in Hebrews 7 that ALL laws were abolished.... even that scripture called ALL THE LAWS "weak" and "useless"..If the same God who made the mosaic laws decide to do away with them because of their imperfections and weakness,why do u still insist on bring back just one...which is tithe...?

The point is that not all scriptures were inspired by God...U can go tru the 613 laws...they were based on a covenant that was given to moses....but wen a new covenant and a new priest was established, a new law was in place...

And that's simply because non of the laws were good enough to make man draw close to God...hence a new covenant,new priest and a new law was established...And its all dere in the bible...why twist the scriptures just because of one single law, tithe...wat about other laws? are they irrelevant to U?

If God Almighty did some thing,changed his mind, say its not good enough and brings up some thing beta than the former,why wud his children still insist that the former one was beta off....doesn't he know Wats best for us? Or are we to dictate or tell him which one best suits us?

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 New International Version (NIV)

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.

To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews.
To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak.

I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the SAKE OF THE GOSPEL, that I may share in its blessings.

Saying that there are some exceptions of things fulfilled by Christ while others remain is to say the least a plot by u to twist the scriptures to suit you....

Its very clear from the bible in Hebrews 7 that ALL laws were abolished.... even that scripture called ALL THE LAWS "weak" and "useless"..

But that's the issue..
u don't declare that tithe predated the law only to jump into Malachi 3:10 - 12 which was directed to those who were under d law...
The worse part is dat u and many tithers hold on to Malachi while U intentionally ignore Deuteronomy 14:22 -29
Isn't that deceitful?
Who are you deceiving?

and besides,who are you to dictate to God wat he can or can not do?
He said the laws are not only imperfect but useless and weak...of which tithe is inclusive...why do u still insist that God only made exceptions to some laws while throwing away others...are you say God lied?

Just seeing your post while searching . I may not going into detail . But. It seems yourself just so quick to try to nail . Try understand my point first. The lengthy post would not have been necessary.

There's is difference between inspiration of the scriptures and application. All scriptures are inspired . All may not apply . What christ has fulfilled is not applicable. For example .the laws of diversity . Don't mix on and ass , don't wear clothes of divers materials .men clothes vs women clothes . Don't eat unclean meat Etc. Represents the gentiles. They were the unclean. Don't mingle with them . But when christ had broken the middle wall . Now in christ no gentile nor Jew . He told Peter to eat the unclean animals that they've been made clean . The door is open . Because the unclean animal represents gentiles . Christ had fulfilled that. Also the blood of christ had replaced animal blood. Christ circumcisson had replace the cut of the foreskin. You see . But the worship through tithes and offerings can never be replaced . Prayer can never be replaced. Alms for the poor cannot be replanced, we have legal righteousness but practical righteousnes cannot be replaced . Moral laws are based on principles .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

And if you love God , why deny him his offering and tithe?

You worship your God with empty hands .

But you know that's a lie. Tithes started between God and our father Abraham . As much as non givers try to label it booty to desecrate the holy thing , you contradict yourselves by the new testament you claim to believe . Which made it clear that what Abraham gave was tithes .

Hebrews 7:6 (KJV Strong's)
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises

Because they were fulfilled in christ . Each one of them had significance. They represent the gentiles . And we are in the times of the gentiles. If I have time I will expantiate on it.

I meant tithing was not only mentioned in the law .. fine
Did God demand something in worship ?? Yes
He demanded that those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
He didn't say we should worship Him with our tithes
So you mean tithing was not fulfilled in Christ right ??

Mind what you say okay
Christ fulfilled all the laws .. He didn't ask us to fulfill any of the laws again ...
Why do you pick one of the laws to fulfill it ??

Your answer will be .. its an eternal principle

The rest were also part of the so called eternal principles

So go and apply them in you life
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

Just seeing your post while searching . I may not going into detail . But. It seems yourself just so quick to try to nail . Try understand my point first. The lengthy post would not have been necessary.

There's is difference between inspiration of the scriptures and application. All scriptures are inspired . All may not apply . What christ has fulfilled is not applicable. For example .the laws of diversity . Don't mix on and ass , don't wear clothes of divers materials .men clothes vs women clothes . Don't eat unclean meat Etc. Represents the gentiles. They were the unclean. Don't mingle with them . But when christ had broken the middle wall . Now in christ no gentile nor Jew . He told Peter to eat the unclean animals that they've been made clean . The door is open . Because the unclean animal represents gentiles . Christ had fulfilled that. Also the blood of christ had replaced animal blood. Christ circumcisson had replace the cut of the foreskin. You see . But the worship through tithes and offerings can never be replaced . Prayer can never be replaced. Alms for the poor cannot be replanced, we have legal righteousness but practical righteousnes cannot be replaced . Moral laws are based on principles .

Funny
You have admitted that those so called eternal principles were fulfilled by Christ
Christ fulfilled all the laws
Tithing is a law
Christ called it a law
There is no other law we have to fulfill
He has fulfilled everything
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

It's as simple as it says .How does the temple workers and ministers get theirwelfare ? it's through TITHES AND OFFERINGS

In the Mosaic law, it is right
In the Law of Christ, it is wrong

Paul and the other Apostles were fed by the Church
They offered them gifts not tithes

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
Gombs:

Because it was paid by our Father of faith to an eternal priesthood which order Jesus is of today.

It is clear from this your answer that you are using "ANOTHER GOSPEL " to justify your tithing.

I'm sure you may not even be able to simply explain this sentence you created from

The plain truth is that there is no single demand placed on the Christian under the NEW COVENANT to tithe

Any purported demand comes from MANIPULATION of scriptures or concoctions of man and not from any clear scriptural injunction.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

Christ fulfilled the law of offering as well
For tithing, He didn't tithe because He had no agricultural products, just as the Apostles
For prayer it is not in the mosaic law
And Christ whom we are following asked us to pray
We give alms to the poor because of the love we have for them and not for any other reason

If circumcision is a law then tithing is a law as well
Because both occured b4 the law and were in the law
Christ called tithing a law
Paul called circumcision a law

So they are laws and we are not to apple them
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Peacefullove: 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

Are you temple workers and ministers ? ... tell me , Parallel in what sense, do you also offer burnt offerings!!! they eat the things brought to them and its not money

its clear most of you just perverse your bible to milk the people dry.

Note and my question still stands , Paul didnt categorise himself among temple workers , rather he says those who preach the gospel to which he belong, should live by the gospel ? Now whats the parallel please ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by ezenaija(m): 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
[Nothing in the quotations supports your assertion that Paul commanded the paying of tithe by Christians.

quote author=DeKen post=53034465]
1 Cor 9:9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain." Is it about the oxen that God is concerned?
1 Cor 9:10 Surely he says this for us, doesn't he? Yes, this was written for us, because when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they ought to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest.
1 Cor 9:11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?
1 Cor 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn't we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.[/quote]
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

The reason for my lenghty post is to make it explicit for u to comprehend cos it wud seem like u r doing otherwise...

petra1:

There's is difference between inspiration of the scriptures and application. All scriptures are inspired . All may not apply .

Well at least we agree on some thing..

petra1:

What christ has fulfilled is not applicable. For example .the laws of diversity . Don't mix on and ass , don't wear clothes of divers materials .men clothes vs women clothes . Don't eat unclean meat Etc. Represents the gentiles. They were the unclean. Don't mingle with them . But when christ had broken the middle wall . Now in christ no gentile nor Jew . He told Peter to eat the unclean animals that they've been made clean . The door is open . Because the unclean animal represents gentiles . Christ had fulfilled that. Also the blood of christ had replaced animal blood. Christ circumcisson had replace the cut of the foreskin. You see . But the worship through tithes and offerings can never be replaced .

You were going so well but the urge to bring up tithe was too tempting for you.... grin grin
If i get you well,are you saying that tithes was not part of the law of moses?
Now since you came up with this bold writeup....how is it possible that ALL the laws were replaced except tithe...
Once again we are back on square one aka status quo.....
U have no scripture to back up ur highlighted statement....i need a scripture please...i cant do some thing based on assumption...cos thats wat you are trying to say....
If U think otherwise Please do me the honour of presenting scriptures please...it will be helpful for me and others here...Thank you. smiley

petra1:

Prayer can never be replaced.

Yes it was..bro
There are many differences between Old and New Covenant prayer, none of which can be understood unless we start by recognizing the difference in the covenants.

In Old Covenant prayer man was seeking to determine what God would do for them in the future.

In New Covenant prayer we trust what God has already done in Jesus. The word “ask” in the New Testament as it relates to prayer is “to ask with the knowledge and expectation of the response.” We know God’s will for us; it’s all the provisions of the covenant with Jesus. All the promises are “yes” for we who are in Christ; all the curses are “no” and we are qualified because we are in Jesus.

Ref:Ephesians 1:18
Ephesians 3:14 - 21

petra1:

Alms for the poor cannot be replanced,

Romans 13:8 -10
2 Corinthians 9:7
Acts 4:32 -35

petra1:

we have legal righteousness but practical righteousnes cannot be replaced . Moral laws are based on principles .

Holy Moses shocked shocked shocked
Bro these statements of urs,with all due respect,are shocking... shocked shocked
Which one come be legal righteousness?
Please establish your facts based on the word not assumptions....
Its not based on human assumption...
Quote scriptures to back ur assertions please!!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 11:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Gombs:

So, now that the priesthood is in Judah, can you tell me what order of priesthood is Jesus of, and why?

please tell us what you mean by 'order of priesthood' of jesus and support it with bible verses if you are very sure of yourself!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 8:45am On Jan 26, 2017
Gombs:
wink
You dont know which side, truly your bread is buttered, that's why you're holding briefcase for petra1 joagbaje
If you did, you wont be on petra1's side but will be on God's side and by the testimony of His undiluted word

Gombs:
You're lying or just being ignorant
This line isnt original as I first it used for petra1
I stated this on a preceded post on this thread, but petra1 deemed it being insultive,
but it's now confirmed there at least two on this thread who consistently are FAMOUSLY either playing being ignorant or behaving in untrustworthy or deceitful manners

Gombs:
[Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
SMH, ''the offering up of the Gentiles'' has nothing to do with them offering money
but is figuratively talking about the Gentiles'' being sacrifices themselves similarly to when animal sacrifies or offering were given,
this following our Lord Jesus Christ, and whose Ultimate sacrifice we are expected in spirit, mind and body we are all to emulate

Gombs:
The Greek word for offering there is Prosphora which means the act of offering, a bringing to that which is offered, a gift, a present.

The same word was used in Ephesians 5:2
And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour
If you were adhering to the train and flow of post between petra1 and mine, you would have noticed it was about petra1 claiming that collection is offering (i.e. And what is the collection called? No bi offering? - petra1)
and him embarrassingly using Acts 24:17 to back his claim that Paul offering in that verse was money. SMH
Read or familiarise yourself the subsequent posts on the Nazirite vow Paul did offering for

Gombs:
As you said offering has to do with animal sacrifices, it clearly shows you're in ignorance because the Bible said offering and a sacrifice... Two different things. Now, the word used there is prophora.

Heb 10:14
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.[/color]

Same word phosphora

That word was used in Hebrews 10:5, Hebrews 10:10 etc.

But in Hebrews 10:8 Paul used another word for "offering". In fact he used the two words together

Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Offering was clearly different from burnt offering (which Greek word is holokautōma). This shows you're very wrong to say
SMH, smh smh, continue, continue ooo, continue smearing egg on your face
''thusia'' - sacrifice and ''phosphora'' - offering, are closely associated in meaning

Above when he said,
Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

- Hebrews 10:8 KJV

So in Hebrews 10:5, Hebrews 10:10 and particularly Hebrews 10:8, please tell me, is ''Sacrifice and offering'' talking about money?
Tell me please wherein in that Hebrews 10:8 text or elsewhere, is ''money therein; are offered by the law''

Gombs:
Then for those who say it's called collection and not offerings, they err.
It's you erring big time, as it isnt called offering but apart from being collection, it also, is called contributions, which are voluntarily given, as decided in the heart, under no compulsion and for the support of the poor etcetera

Gombs:
Collections was used only once in the Bible (or at least new testament) and it's in 1 Corinthians 16:1 the Greek word is logia and it means money gathered for the relief of the poor...
Alms is also used for the relief of the poor, contributions is also used for the relief of the poor, but you wont find offering used for money gathered gathered for the relief of the poor

Gombs:
To say monies given in services is called collection is a huge lie and this is to make sure they don't call offerings as what they are prosphora, which is a gift or present (to God as an act of worship)
SMH, It is either carnal mind or a folly in thinking that would make anyone construe this otherwise
because monies given in services had always and originally been called collection and/or contributions

If believers are exhorted not to be worldly minded and not to be given to filthy lucre
then more the reason we should stop cheating our consciences by taking of this filthy lucre
and pack in this tithe scam charade instead of being fond of the filthy lucre

The trouble with most of these tithe marketeers can be found in Luke 5:39,
these kind of tithe marketeers are drunk on the old and thinking the old is better
Not realising that new wine must be put into fresh wineskins.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 8:45am On Jan 26, 2017
Peacefullove:
Nowhere did the Christian Bible said the Apostles collect tithe

if you think they do, show me where !

petra1:
1 Corinthians 9:13-14 (KJV)
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Peacefullove:

the Lord in that passage when he actually said those who preach should live by the gospel, was he making a reference to tithe

petra1:

SMH. It's not ''it's just a simple parallel''

What you read in that verse is a syncrisis, it is all about the law of sin and death (i.e. tithe etcetera)
and the law of Spirit (i.e. cheerful giving, just as has decided in the heart and under no compulsion etcetera)

Though 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is parallel to Romans 8:2, by itself alone 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is a syncrisis

Dont you recognise a syncrisis, when you see one petra1?
If you didn't know that 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is a syncrisis and not a parallel, then I dont know what else to type again.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 9:50am On Jan 26, 2017
There was a time when God chose to relate with man on a one-on-one basis as it were.

Then came the time when God decided to use a SINGLE NATION – Israel – to reach mankind.

A time came again when God chose to use another entity – the CHURCH – to be his instrument of reaching and relating with mankind.

In each of these cases God established his systems (his modus operandi) of administration.

Suppose someone under Israel decided that he was going to ignore God’s system for his time and choose to use what God instituted in the previous era to run his spiritual life. He might even argue that: “After all, God was the one that set up that same system”. What would any reasonable person think of that individual – smart, innovative, discerning? Or simply foolish and disobedient?

In the same way what should we think of one under the church age who decides to ignore God’s stipulation for the SPIRITUAL LIFE of this time – the church age – and go back to use any of the systems of the previous eras – smart, innovative, discerning? Or simply foolish and disobedient?
He may even choose to appear brilliant and use such terms as – ‘ETERNAL PRINCIPLES’.

That is what today’s TITHERS are. Instead of learning – because in many cases they don’t know – the system of the spiritual life under the church age, they simply choose to go back to WHAT THEY THINK operated in the previous DISPENSATIONS and decide to run their spiritual lives by it. They actually end up making a ship wreck of their spiritual lives.

Today’s TITHER is NOT THE FIRST GENERATION of the church. Does he therefore know more about the spiritual life of the church age than the PIONEERS?
Did the PIONEERS engage in the gimmicks he has chosen to get into today – TITHING, etc ?
Did the PIONEERS emphasize or put in all the hue and cry about tithing that today’s tither would want us believe?

Today’s tithers have simply refused to seek out what the PIONEERS OF OUR FAITH under the church age have so clearly spelt out and follow it. They have decided to devise their own systems and run by it. In the end they will have their reward IN FULL.

The church age is different from others. THERE IS NO MANDATORY OR FORCED GIVING – SUCH AS TITHING – UNDER THE CHURCH AGE.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You dont know which side, truly your bread is buttered, that's why you're holding briefcase for petra1 joagbaje
If you did, you wont be on petra1's side but will be on God's side and by the testimony of His undiluted word

This line isnt original as I first it used for petra1
I stated this on a preceded post on this thread, but petra1 deemed it being insultive,
but it's now confirmed there at least two on this thread who consistently are FAMOUSLY either playing being ignorant or behaving in untrustworthy or deceitful manners

SMH, ''the offering up of the Gentiles'' has nothing to do with them offering money
but is figuratively talking about the Gentiles'' being sacrifices themselves similarly to when animal sacrifies or offering were given,
this following our Lord Jesus Christ, and whose Ultimate sacrifice we are expected in spirit, mind and body we are all to emulate

If you were adhering to the train and flow of post between petra1 and mine, you would have noticed it was about petra1 claiming that collection is offering (i.e. And what is the collection called? No bi offering? - petra1)
and him embarrassingly using Acts 24:17 to back his claim that Paul offering in that verse was money. SMH
Read or familiarise yourself the subsequent posts on the Nazirite vow Paul did offering for

SMH, smh smh, continue, continue ooo, continue smearing egg on your face
''thusia'' - sacrifice and ''phosphora'' - offering, are closely associated in meaning

Above when he said,
Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

- Hebrews 10:8 KJV

So in Hebrews 10:5, Hebrews 10:10 and particularly Hebrews 10:8, please tell me, is ''Sacrifice and offering'' talking about money?
Tell me please wherein in that Hebrews 10:8 text or elsewhere, is ''money therein; are offered by the law''

It's you erring big time, as it isnt called offering but apart from being collection, it also, is called contributions, which are voluntarily given, as decided in the heart, under no compulsion and for the support of the poor etcetera

Alms is also used for the relief of the poor, contributions is also used for the relief of the poor, but you wont find offering used for money gathered gathered for the relief of the poor

SMH, It is either carnal mind or a folly in thinking that would make anyone construe this otherwise
because monies given in services had always and originally been called collection and/or contributions

If believers are exhorted not to be worldly minded and not to be given to filthy lucre
then more the reason we should stop cheating our consciences by taking of this filthy lucre
and pack in this tithe scam charade instead of being fond of the filthy lucre

The trouble with most of these tithe marketeers can be found in Luke 5:39,
these kind of tithe marketeers are drunk on the old and thinking the old is better
Not realising that new wine must be put into fresh wineskins.

I don laugh at tire.. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
please tell us what you mean by 'order of priesthood' of jesus and support it with bible verses if you are very sure of yourself!

See why I don't want to discuss with you? You DO NOT have the faintest idea of this topic, why should I indulge you any further?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
Gombs:

See why I don't want to discuss with you? You DO NOT have the faintest idea of this topic, why should I indulge you any further?
don't run away oga! You earlier claimed in your post that "Jesus belong to an order of priesthood" but failed to tell us "the order of priesthood" it is very important to this discussion because of the The strange claim that Abraham paid tithe"through that strange priesthood order" so tell us the"priesthood order" that Jesus belong or we assume that your heresies about pre law tithes superseding the law are mere ruse which you are not very sure of.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
don't run away oga! You earlier claimed in your post that "Jesus belong to an order of priesthood" but failed to tell us "the order of priesthood" it is very important to this discussion because of the The strange claim that Abraham paid tithe"through that strange priesthood order" so tell us the"priesthood order" that Jesus belong or we assume that your heresies about pre law tithes superseding the law are mere ruse which you are not very sure of.

Figure it out
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
Junia:

Funny
You have admitted that those so called eternal principles were fulfilled by Christ
Christ fulfilled all the laws

Not at all. As long as theirs a high priest and there is a God we must worship him with substance
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

Melchizedek
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Kindly Focus on topic . And your bible .

Petra1 is on Gods side .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

SMH. It's not ''it's just a simple parallel''

Precise parallel.

What you read in that verse is a syncrisis, it is all about the law of sin and death (i.e. tithe etcetera)
and the law of Spirit (i.e. cheerful giving, just as has decided in the heart and under no compulsion etcetera)

Cheerful giving is not a new testament revelation. Don't make big deal out of it. It's based on OT principle. The challenge is just that some folks have not really studied the Old Testament. It's the foundation for the new .

Though 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is parallel to Romans 8:2, by itself alone 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is a syncrisis

Dont you recognise a syncrisis, when you see one petra1?
If you didn't know that 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is a syncrisis and not a parallel, then I dont know what else to type again.

It's not syncrisis . It's perfect illustration.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
openmine:

Holy Moses shocked shocked shocked
Bro these statements of urs,with all due respect,are shocking... shocked shocked
Which one come be legal righteousness?
Please establish your facts based on the word not assumptions....
Its not based on human assumption...
Quote scriptures to back ur assertions please!!

There is a legal aspect of our salvation and a vital aspect. By "legal" I'm talking about what christ has given , by "vital " I'm talking about experience,manifestation,working it out etc.

You were healed is "legal. But you could be under the oppression of sickness by ignorance. Living in health by the word and having dominion over sickness is vital experience
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Junia:

Christ fulfilled the law of offering as well
For tithing, He didn't tithe because He had no agricultural products, just as the Apostles

Tithes is not only based on agric product . It's given on POSSESSIONS or GAINS or INCOME

Luke 18:12 (KJV)
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
Peacefullove:

He said the same way the ministers of the temple got their welfare . Same goes for the ministers of the gospel . It's tithes and offerings God had ordained . And recorded from Melchizedek to date
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
Peacefullove:

Are you temple workers and ministers ? ... tell me , Parallel in what sense, do you also offer burnt offerings!!! they eat the things brought to them and its not money

I don't need tithe , I work . I am a tither.

its clear most of you just perverse your bible to milk the people dry

Don't be naughty.

Note and my question still stands , Paul didnt categorise himself among temple workers , rather he says those who preach the gospel to which he belong, should live by the gospel ? Now whats the parallel please ?

It's his personal choice . But he's entitled to it. But for the carnality of the Corinthians Paul would rather work with his hand . 90% of pastors work and do business. And they don't need church support except some or general overseers.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
Junia:

He didn't say we should worship Him with our tithes

Giving will always be part of worship . Sacrifices will always be part of Gods kingdom . Except those who do want to give God his due. You see you can say. Because Jesus. Had become sacrifice we don't make sacrifice to God . Neither can you say because Jesus prayed ,he had fulfilled prayers for us or because Jesus fasted we don't need to fast. That's the mistake few of you are making .

So you mean tithing was not fulfilled in Christ right ??

Maybe I didn't see it you may quote the passage . As far as my knowledge of the Bible is concerned nothing in the messiah work replace these principles .

Mind what you say okay
Christ fulfilled all the laws .. He didn't ask us to fulfill any of the laws again ...

I'm not fulling any law. I'm living by kingdom principles

Why do you pick one of the laws to fulfill it ??

Answer given above . I should rather ask you . Why do you condemn some principles mentioned in the law and do others . Why don't you commit homosexuality or bestiality or incest ? Pls answer
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

There is a legal aspect of our salvation and a vital aspect. By "legal" I'm talking about what christ has given , by "vital " I'm talking about experience,manifestation,working it out etc.

You were healed is "legal. But you could be under the oppression of sickness by ignorance. Living in health by the word and having dominion over sickness is vital experience

My bro am not willing to go down that path with you...
We are not discussing science or "word usage"...
Please direct ur assumptions using the bible...
Like i said,it will be beneficial...
This should be the 10th time i asked for a scripture quotation from every "assumption" U have made...
You cannot prove anything without the word...shey u know that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Giving will always be part of worship . Sacrifices will always be part of Gods kingdom . Except those who do want to give God his due. You see you can say. Because Jesus. Had become sacrifice we don't make sacrifice to God . Neither can you say because Jesus prayed ,he had fulfilled prayers for us or because Jesus fasted we don't need to fast. That's the mistake few of you are making .

Maybe I didn't see it you may quote the passage . As far as my knowledge of the Bible is concerned nothing in the messiah work replace these principles .

I'm not fulling any law. I'm living by kingdom principles

Answer given above . I should rather ask you . Why do you condemn some principles mentioned in the law and do others . Why don't you commit homosexuality or bestiality or incest ? Pls answer

I don't commit them because of my love for God
Im under the law of Christ
Kingdom principles .. Gimme a scripture that talks about that
Tithing is a law
So is burnt offering
Animal sacrifices
Circumcision
They are all laws
What kingdom principles ??
Gimme a scripture that talks about it
The Bible is our standard
Not your wisdom
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 12:20am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

He said the same way the ministers of the temple got their welfare . Same goes for the ministers of the gospel . It's tithes and offerings God had ordained . And recorded from Melchizedek to date

You guys are very SLIMY.
He asked you to specifically point out where TITHE is in your referenced passage in 1 Cor. 9:13 - 14 and after rambling what you come up with is the above.
Where can you show us that the New Covenant believer is MANDATED to pay tithe by the foundation builders of the CHURCH - the Apostles?

I'm sure you'll find None. So, why not just LEARN instead of conjuring up FABLES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply)

Picture Of Turkey-Based Nigerian Man In A Bottle, Buried In Front Of His House / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Stephanie Otobo And Apostle Suleman's Snapchat Video Screenshots Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.