Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Spirit Lives - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Lives (19547 Views)

3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives / You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / God Has No Value For Human Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Lives by swegiedon(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2017
Sarassin:

It is better not to know because incorruptible Divine impeccability is paramount. If you become cognizant of your destiny then it is inevitable you begin to make conscious decisions in a bid to fulfill that destiny and in doing so, valuable life-lessons you are meant to experience may become circumvented.

Our true destiny is our transformation from matter to spirit form, we wander the physical realms until we break loose of our shackles. Knowledge truly is power.
you are implying we should be uncertain to make this life journey more enjoyable?.if it is then.uncertainty with a lot of possibility.
Re: Spirit Lives by MuttleyLaff: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
ashjay001:
Tanx, again.

How do I access my higher self, Atman?

Tried joining an esoteric org, but seems d nigerian factor, behoves them!?

Paid all dues, yet, no paraphernalia.

swegiedon:
is meditation the only way?
Meditating is one of the ways
Meditation day and night makes you be like a tree planted by the rivers of water
a tree which yields its fruit at the proper time, and its leaves never fall off.
Doing the right thing brings good success and prosperity, especially prosperity in the soul

swegiedon:
you are implying we should be uncertain to make this life journey more enjoyable?.
if it is then.uncertainty with a lot of possibility.
Life is one of the greatest gift we have
Life offers us the privilege, opportunity and responsibility to serve and/or give something back to becoming more

When you set out to do good works,
certainly your steps in life will be ordered and your way be established

W - words
A - actions
T - thoughts
C - character
H - habits

Watch each and all of the above experiences because they altogether ultimately funnel through to determining your destiny (destination)

People no longer put up with sound and wholesome truth anymore.
Having itching ears and wanting to have their ears tickled, they follow their own desires
and look for someone who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.
All because they have an insatiable curiosity to hear ''new'' things.

Beware of those who feed your ego and those you allow to feed your soul

These same who are candy to your eyes,
can be poison to your heart
and handing out a poisoned chalice to your Atman
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
swegiedon:

you are implying we should be uncertain to make this life journey more enjoyable?.if it is then.uncertainty with a lot of possibility.

It isn’t really a question of enjoyment, it is more a question of learning our lessons. Your life experiences, your pain, your joy are all a part of your destiny. Therefore if you are precognizant of your destiny, I mean, of what to expect then you cannot truly have experiences that will shape you. The absoluteness of our experiences shapes our destiny.

swegiedon:

is meditation the only way?

No, it is not the only way. You can learn about spirituality through religion of course, but meditation is the gateway to inner awareness. We have a saying that "religionists believe in God, the mystic Knows God"
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
flamee:
Good Morning Mr Sarassin, I sent you a Pm.

Hi there, I sent you a reply.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
ashjay001:

Tanx, again.

How do I access my higher self, Atman?

Tried joining an esoteric org, but seems d nigerian factor, behoves them!?

Paid all dues, yet, no paraphernalia.

You should not let the “Nigeria factor” deter you. Find yourself a quiet space, sanctify it and learn to meditate on the issues you need clarification to and you will receive answers, Your Atman is essentially your higher self in a spiritual sense, ask questions too, there are many on here who will render assistance in the interim.
Re: Spirit Lives by AlvanT(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
Sarassin:

It isn’t really a question of enjoyment, it is more a question of learning our lessons. Your life experiences, your pain, your joy are all a part of your destiny. Therefore if you are precognizant of your destiny, I mean, of what to expect then you cannot truly have experiences that will shape you. The absoluteness of our experiences shapes our destiny.

No, it is not the only way. You can learn about spirituality through religion of course, but meditation is the gateway to inner awareness. We have a saying that "religionists believe in God, the mystic Knows God"
Sir talking about destiny and purpose,what about down syndromes, imbeciles,simpletons,mentally impaired children,siamense twins from birth,didn't this ones have purpose or desting? or are they paying thier Karmic debts from thier previous lifetimes? I came across a post that say souls can reincarnate as objects,trees,animals,how true is that? do you believe in Ogbanje or Abiku children from the Marine world that reincarnate severally and die young to purnish thier parents and loved ones? Anticipating your reply.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
AlvanT:
Sir talking about destiny and purpose,what about down syndromes, imbeciles,simpletons,mentally impaired children,siamense twins from birth,didn't this ones have purpose or desting? or are they paying thier Karmic debts from thier previous lifetimes? I came across a post that say souls can reincarnate as objects,trees,animals,how true is that? do you believe in Ogbanje or Abiku children from the Marine world that reincarnate severally and die young to purnish thier parents and loved ones? Anticipating your reply.

Those with physical or mental impairments have no less a human soul and spirit than the rest of humanity,you have to look beyond the mundane. I have a close acquaintance who is an extraordinarily gifted savant. Each in their own way has a lesson to learn or an experience to garner or something to teach another soul, It is not so much as Karmic debt (which by the way can be obliterated) as much as learning, whatever you perceive as an impairment are the tools that are best suited to them to learn the lessons of their destiny, that is the nature of things.

Human souls do not reincarnate as animals or inanimate objects. Animals have their own soul collective as distinct from humans with individual souls and they have their divine tasks too. I don’t believe in the Ogbanje or Abiku syndrome of children who embark on a cycle of punishing their parents but yes, there are profoundly troubled souls.
Re: Spirit Lives by Cocaiine(m): 4:00am On Jul 21, 2017
Sarassin:

Those with physical or mental impairments have no less a human soul and spirit than the rest of humanity,you have to look beyond the mundane. I have a close acquaintance who is an extraordinarily gifted savant. Each in their own way has a lesson to learn or an experience to garner or something to teach another soul, It is not so much as Karmic debt (which by the way can be obliterated) as much as learning, whatever you perceive as an impairment are the tools that are best suited to them to learn the lessons of their destiny, that is the nature of things.

Human souls do not reincarnate as animals or inanimate objects.
How do you obliterate a karmic debt? I think sometimes that I am carrying such a debt thats why my life is the way it is.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Cocaiine:

How do you obliterate a karmic debt? I think sometimes that I am carrying such a debt thats why my life is the way it is.

I empathise with you. It isn’t always an issue of a Kharmic debt, very often we can find ourselves at odds with our lives and this is usually because we have stepped out of the flow of our Divine Plan and now exist at cross-purposes. We need to understand that everything we have in our lives, our fulfilments, our lack, our wants, our sorrows and joys are brought on by ourselves and ourselves only.

Within every single day the possibility exists to make incremental changes in our lives.

Be Realistic Plan For A Miracle.

You need an alternate perspective, start by changing everything familiar to you, your routine, re-position your furniture, wall pictures, everything by doing so you will open up your inner vista and see things anew. Take a singular issue that troubles you and meditate on it deeply once you have done the above, you will get clarity. Meditate on the above bolded phrase and recite it constantly it is a gift.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirit Lives by Cocaiine(m): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sarassin:

I empathise with you. It isn’t always an issue of a Kharmic debt, very often we can find ourselves at odds with our lives and this is usually because we have stepped out of the flow of our Divine Plan and now exist at cross-purposes. We need to Be Realistic Plan For A Miracle.

You need an alternate perspective, start by changing everything familiar to you, your routine, re-position your furniture, wall pictures, everything by doing so you will open up your inner vista and see things anew. Take a singular issue that troubles you and meditate on it deeply once you have done the above, you will get clarity. Meditate on the above bolded phrase and recite it constantly it is a gift.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate. How do I meditate? What are the steps. Thanks again.
Also how do i know if its an issue of karmic debt or its of my own doing?
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2017
Cocaiine:

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate. How do I meditate? What are the steps. Thanks again.
Also how do i know if its an issue of karmic debt or its of my own doing?

You can learn to meditate simply by portioning a regular time, at a regular spot in the quiet of your space, sitting comfortably. Allow all your thoughts to come into your mind, initially your mind will race but then don't fight your thoughts. Your mind will begin to quieten down. Take the bolded phrase I gave you and recite it as many times as you can and put your entire mind and thoughts into it for the 10 or 15 minutes or so that you do it completely. Think of nothing else. That phrase will change your life for the better.

Difficult circumstances are not necessarily an indication of a kharmic debt, and perhaps "debt" is actually a wrong word to use, it is more a universal lesson or experience left unlearned that we are obliged to keep returning to this sphere of existence to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Spirit Lives by Cocaiine(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sarassin:

You can learn to meditate simply by portioning a regular time, at a regular spot in the quiet of your space, sitting comfortably. Allow all your thoughts to come into your mind, initially your mind will race but then don't fight your thoughts. Your mind will begin to quieten down. Take the bolded phrase I gave you and recite it as many times as you can and put your entire mind and thoughts into it for the 10 or 15 minutes or so that you do it completely. Think of nothing else. That phrase will change your life for the better.

Difficult circumstances are not necessarily an indication of a kharmic debt, and perhaps "debt" is actually a wrong word to use, it is more a universal lesson or experience left unlearned that we are obliged to keep returning to this sphere of existence to learn.
Thanks. I will do the meditation.
How can I know my karmic lessons so I can learn them?
Re: Spirit Lives by Wilgrea7(m): 6:17am On Jul 23, 2017
hello mr sarassin .. happy Sunday .. I've noticed at times in our dreams we act differently than we would ever act in real life.. like.. i can see myself doing something maybe playing a sport or something i know deep down i genuinely dislike or have absolutely no interest in.. why is it that at times in dreams we act differently than we ever would in real life.. and how can we tune our spirit to act like our normal selves during dreams.. thanks
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
Wilgrea7:
hello mr sarassin .. happy Sunday .. I've noticed at times in our dreams we act differently than we would ever act in real life.. like.. i can see myself doing something maybe playing a sport or something i know deep down i genuinely dislike or have absolutely no interest in.. why is it that at times in dreams we act differently than we ever would in real life.. and how can we tune our spirit to act like our normal selves during dreams.. thanks

Hello Wilgrea7, top of the day to you too. Actually you’ve posed a very astute question. It is true that we can oftentimes find ourselves acting differently in our dreams to our "normal" actions. For most people dreams are little more than a jumbled memory of their sub-conscious processing events in the physical and the ephemeral. For the more knowledgeable it becomes clear that the Ego, or if you like, the Atman is unconstrained by the limitations of our earthly dimensions, i.e time and space, you exist in your purest form and state, for instance a physically challenged person on the physical plane will experience his/her Ego in the full form that we all do.

Your likes, dislikes, infirmities e.t.c., are earthly conditions and you are free of these in dream state. We say that as it is above, so it is below, whatever you wish to achieve on earth, you should first accomplish in spirit form (not the other way around). As a first step you should learn Lucid dreaming.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sarassin:

Hello Wilgrea7, top of the day to you too. Actually you’ve posed a very astute question. It is true that we can oftentimes find ourselves acting differently in our dreams to our "normal" actions. For most people dreams are little more than a jumbled memory of their sub-conscious processing events in the physical and the ephemeral. For the more knowledgeable it becomes clear that the Ego, or if you like, the Atman is unconstrained by the limitations of our earthly dimensions, i.e time and space, you exist in your purest form and state, for instance a physically challenged person on the physical plane will experience his/her Ego in the full form that we all do.

Your likes, dislikes, infirmities e.t.c., are earthly conditions and you are free of these in dream state. We say that as it is above, so it is below, whatever you wish to achieve on earth, you should first accomplish in spirit form (not the other way around). As a first step you should learn Lucid dreaming.

Sir, 90percent of my dreams are lucid, how can i bring them into reality?
Re: Spirit Lives by Cocaiine(m): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Cocaiine:

Sorry op, but you missed this question I asked before.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
LordOfSamosa:
Sir, 90percent of my dreams are lucid, how can i bring them into reality?

There are specific steps required for dream path-working, most of which I cannot really put on an open forum. The key lies in understanding the inverse relation between the physical (earthly) plane and the spiritual (astral) plane, essentially much like batteries connecting in a negative-positive sequence. Whatever it is you seek to bring forth on the physical plane, the opposite of it must be bound in the spiritual plane.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sarassin:

There are specific steps required for dream path-working, most of which I cannot really put on an open forum. The key lies in understanding the inverse relation between the physical (earthly) plane and the spiritual (astral) plane, essentially much like batteries connecting in a negative-positive sequence. Whatever it is you seek to bring forth on the physical plane, the opposite of it must be bound in the spiritual plane.
Sir, i sent you an email, hope to read back from you.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sarassin:

Hello Sarassin,

I found this post of yours of some brilliance. You have already referred to this principle of reversed planes in the past in this forum. It is only recently that I came to observe this phenomenon.

Indeed, I observed that the course of events while I am in an altered state of consciousness or while (lucid)dreaming, happens to be the opposite of what happens (afterwards) in this reality. Both are like opposite and reversed. I came to the conclusion that If I wish one thing to take place on this side of reality, I should go and work out its contrary "on the other side" so to speak.

Of course this is very superficial and it was a simple observation. It is even easier said than done, but it gave me a glimpse of what you alluded to in that previous post. Now I wish I could master and perfect this technique, then I believe it could be a huge doorway to manifesting one's will, and the responsability attached to it.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Cocaiine:

Thanks. I will do the meditation.
The question was not addressed to me, but If you'd allow me, let me share my perception.

It is not wise to quickly conclude that any "setback" is necessarily a consequence of a karmic debt or lesson. From my perspective, even the concept of karma is largely misunderstood, as it is the case with most well recognized truth. The more a truth is proclaimed, the more it tends to loose its value and prime meaning.

Karma, as I understand it, is not "reaping" the consequences of your negative actions against others. Karma is actually first and foremost against yourself, or your true self. Karma actually deals with a deviation from the higher will of the Atman, and is not primarily dealing with morality and ethics, like most people assume.

There can be a whole range of reasons why someone experiences a particular event, and it is very dangerous to quickly see the hand of karma behind all difficulties.

Back to your question, Karma is like a mirror trying to depict who you truly are and whom you should be. as far as I am concerned, I usually understand the deep lessons of death (which is a wonderful teacher) and karma by observing my experiences in a detached manner, and meditating over it.

Greetings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
LoJ:

Hello Sarassin,

I found this post of yours of some brilliance. You have already referred to this principle of reversed planes in the past in this forum. It is only recently that I came to observe this phenomenon.

Indeed, I observed that the course of events while I am in an altered state of consciousness or while (lucid)dreaming, happens to be the opposite of what happens (afterwards) in this reality. Both are like opposite and reversed. I came to the conclusion that If I wish one thing to take place on this side of reality, I should go and work out its contrary "on the other side" so to speak.

Of course this is very superficial and it was a simple observation. It is even easier said than done, but it gave me a glimpse of what you alluded to in that previous post. Now I wish I could master and perfect this technique, then I believe it could be a huge doorway to manifesting one's will, and the responsability attached to it.

Hello LoJ, Thank you. You are quite right and for the few who will pick up on it they will quickly understand that I have given the keys to the kingdom here. The technique is not that difficult, the responsibility that it entails is far greater.

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Eazybay(m): 1:03am On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin:

Hello LoJ, Thank you. You are quite right and for the few who will pick up on it they will quickly understand that I have given the keys to the kingdom here. The technique is not that difficult, the responsibility that it entails is far greater.

Would love the keys. Thanks for helping out

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Wilgrea7(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin:

thaks a lot... i do practice lucid dreaming.. although I've reduced it greatly these past few months.. I'll kick it up .. thanks

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Cocaiine(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2017
LoJ:

The question was not addressed to me, but If you'd allow me, let me share my perception.

It is not wise to quickly conclude that any "setback" is necessarily a consequence of a karmic debt or lesson. From my perspective, even the concept of karma is largely misunderstood, as it is the case with most well recognized truth. The more a truth is proclaimed, the more it tends to loose its value and prime meaning.

Karma, as I understand it, is not "reaping" the consequences of your negative actions against others. Karma is actually first and foremost against yourself, or your true self. Karma actually deals with a deviation from the higher will of the Atman, and is not primarily dealing with morality and ethics, like most people assume.
Wow, I was doing some internet research on the topic and everything you said falls into place. Thanks.
I am still doing more research to learn more. Fascinating stuff so far.
Re: Spirit Lives by PastorAIO: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin, from the sound of things in your OP you are a Psychopomp. It is something that I wished I could do when loved ones died.

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
PastorAIO:
Sarassin, from the sound of things in your OP you are a Psychopomp. It is something that I wished I could do when loved ones died.
Definitely, though I doubt he still actively serves in that regard.

I dunno, perhaps he can enlighten me more on that, but There seem (at least to me) to be a positive relationship between the magic of the thrice greatest and service as a Psychopomp. It is believed that Hermes (the god) was one, and a few students of the thrice greatest I know of, also served as such at some point. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
PastorAIO:

I understand exactly what you're saying. As a child, yes. Mercifully I have been relieved of such obligations.

2 Likes

Re: Spirit Lives by PastorAIO: 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin:

I understand exactly what you're saying. As a child, yes. Mercifully I have been relieved of such obligations.

You make it sound like a nightmare. I've just been concerned for loved ones and wished I could have taken a more active part in their passing on. I remember having this wish from way back when I read the Bardo Thodol of Tibet.

I guess that is also what a lot of Shaman do with their work.
Re: Spirit Lives by PastorAIO: 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
I agree with this a lot. Only want to say something about the Morality and Ethics part. As you probably know from reading my posts on NL I believe that morality evolves and is unique not only to an individual but also to a moment in an individuals life. For me morality is the guideline that guides you back to Atman. Anything that deviates from Atman is morally inferior and Atman is the highest ideal of morality.

LoJ:

There can be a whole range of reasons why someone experiences a particular event, and it is very dangerous to quickly see the hand of karma behind all difficulties.

Back to your question, Karma is like a mirror trying to depict who you truly are and whom you should be. as far as I am concerned, I usually understand the deep lessons of death (which is a wonderful teacher) and karma by observing my experiences in a detached manner, and meditating over it.

Greetings.

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
PastorAIO:

You make it sound like a nightmare. I've just been concerned for loved ones and wished I could have taken a more active part in their passing on. I remember having this wish from way back when I read the Bardo Thodol of Tibet.

I guess that is also what a lot of Shaman do with their work.

I would not say nightmarish at all. Being able to comfort and guide loved-ones was probably the best part of the experience for me. But as I got older the experiences became more traumatic and the circumstances of people’s passing began to weigh heavily. I have to look up that book.
Re: Spirit Lives by Ranchhoddas: 9:48am On Jul 25, 2017
Sarassin:

I think I understand the battery analogy. I remember you saying it on a previous thread about prayer. What I don't get is the ''bind the prayer'' prayer part.

What does it mean to ''bind the prayer'' and how does a person do it?
Re: Spirit Lives by Ranchhoddas: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2017
Sarassin:

I empathise with you. It isn’t always an issue of a Kharmic debt, very often we can find ourselves at odds with our lives and this is usually because we have stepped out of the flow of our Divine Plan and now exist at cross-purposes. We need to understand that everything we have in our lives, our fulfilments, our lack, our wants, our sorrows and joys are brought on by ourselves and ourselves only.

Within every single day the possibility exists to make incremental changes in our lives.

Be Realistic Plan For A Miracle.

Is this also a mantra?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Maiduguri Sunday Explosions, Routine Equipment Testing – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.