Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Spirit Lives - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Lives (19524 Views)

3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives / You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / God Has No Value For Human Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Lives by Anas09: 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2017
4kings:

grin grin
Why are people always on your sexuality?
From transgendered to this, you are indeed a funny case in Religious section.

Thanks for the compliment. Wen u r done, you can join dem. Like i said, i dont give two hoots.
Re: Spirit Lives by 4kings: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
Anas09:

Thanks for the compliment. Wen u r done, you can join dem. Like i said, i dont give two hoots.
Haba, I'm not like that now..
I actually like your stubbornness grin

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Anas09: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
Sarassin:

You completely missed the point so I will try again. My exact words were "I have never encountered a deity identified as Yahweh" and for that matter nor have I encountered thousands of other deities. Clearly they don't hang around awaiting insignificant human spirits, it could also be that Yahweh has fallen from the pantheon due to a lack of adoration of his core attributes.

The point of my providing a historical background of Yahweh is to acquaint readers with his historical attributes and given that Yahweh presents as a warlike, vengeful and wrathful deity I have not the slightest inclination of invoking or encountering such a deity. I hope this answers your question.

Finally, in my opinion the attributes of Christ are far closer to that of the Divine Supreme Being that seeks only our highest good, than that of the vengeful Yahweh.
lol. Very very lol. Anywhere, it's okay. I like saying this, "Very shall die and see.
Re: Spirit Lives by Anas09: 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching.
They will follow their own desires
and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

- 2 Timothy 4:3
My dear, the word of God is so true.
Re: Spirit Lives by Anas09: 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2017
LoJ:
This thread form Sarassin, may need some fresh air. Let me share some more experiences. Hopefully others will do too.

An Encounter

I would like to share this experience of mine. I once encountered a great being during meditation. On which plane it was, I can't tell, but the experience although short was most memorable.

It was most likely a projection from a very spiritually advanced human. Perhaps some form of yogi, or master. He was as old as I could guess, probably more than 100 or 200 years old. But he had the vitaly and awareness of a teen. His beard had grown so long that I have only heard of such in Novel books.

He stayed (stays?) permanently in the same posture and had his eyes always closed and never opened them. He seemingly could perceive everything around him without the slightest effort. He was "aware".

I was shocked. At some point, I realized, if I saw him, it is because he wanted me to see him. There is no way I could have perceived him otherwise. Again, I understood, the image was not "real" in a sense, but probably a projection.

I approached him and greeted him. No answer. I tried to engage a conversation, to no avail. I then simply said: "master, accept me as your student. I am looking for my way, and I don't know how to go about it". I told him, I was ready to give him everything I have, just to learn.

For the first time he spoke. Not that he uttered words or moved. He simply made his thoughts known to me. He said, the difference between both of us is so great that it makes understanding impossible. He said the encounter has been possible only because of love and compassion. At that point, I involuntary broke out of the trance...to my great dismay. undecided

Greetings to all.
How come all these has a way of connecting with Eastern Philosophy?
Re: Spirit Lives by Anas09: 10:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Were all the 'visions' you had as an atheist Satan-inspired?
Am.suprised that i can't see you asking these Eastern Philosophers to proof anything to you.
Where are your friends nah?

Or is it just Yahweh that you guys actually have issues with? I see you tilting towards agreeing with them, although still your very subtile self.

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by urheme: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Were all the 'visions' you had as an atheist Satan-inspired?

i did not believe in any deity....so i did not know

but in my astral travels i fought for Good....i never morally defiled my self.......i remembered sometime last year ...i found my self on an errand to a particular place where the people there are very diabolical. there was something the cartel hold on to in a net like cover that gives them the power to do evil....there is so much human sacrifice in this place.....

i flew into this place as an eagle and palmed their power and took of with it......i have also found my self in similar errands... even then i was not a believer grin grin

strange tho...but now i understand.

the one who God want to use.....no one can hurt even when he is still a drunk.
Re: Spirit Lives by urheme: 9:11am On Jan 12, 2017
Anas09:

Am.suprised that i can't see you asking these Eastern Philosophers to proof anything to you.
Where are your friends nah?

Or is it just Yahweh that you guys actually have issues with? I see you tilting towards agreeing with them, although still your very subtile self.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Girl, you are tough
Re: Spirit Lives by urheme: 9:12am On Jan 12, 2017
4kings:

Haba, I'm not like that now..
I actually like your stubbornness grin

hardness!!!!

me too
Re: Spirit Lives by LiberaDeus: 10:06am On Jan 12, 2017
Anas09:

Don't even take Frank Seriously. He hasn't disvirgined a girl before, since he heard am celibate he has been hung up on it. I know he has been mastubating thinking about how it feels to disvirgin a girl.
Just ignore him.

Una dey Bleep up big time.

You and this your frank boyfriend. Who knows maybe one day you guys might get married. The virgin daughter of zion weds the virgin freethinker.

3 Likes

Re: Spirit Lives by Ranchhoddas: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
Anas09:

Where are your friends nah

I have issues with no one. I treat everything with the same degree of skepticism. If anything, I am inclined towards the Christian idea of God.
Shey you no follow for my friends ni?
Re: Spirit Lives by Ranchhoddas: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
urheme:

i did not believe in any deity....so i did not know

but in my astral travels i fought for Good....i never morally defiled my self.......i remembered sometime last year ...i found my self on an errand to a particular place where the people there are very diabolical. there was something the cartel hold on to in a net like cover that gives them the power to do evil....there is so much human sacrifice in this place.....

i flew into this place as an eagle and palmed their power and took of with it......i have also found my self in similar errands... even then i was not a believer grin grin

Na wa o
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
urheme:

Whenever you perceive yourself as an "Eagle" in the astral, then your Guardian Angel is at work on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
LoJ:
This thread form Sarassin, may need some fresh air. Let me share some more experiences. Hopefully others will do too.

An Encounter

I would like to share this experience of mine. I once encountered a great being during meditation. On which plane it was, I can't tell, but the experience although short was most memorable.......

This is a wonderful post although the significance may be lost on those who concentrate on the descriptive quality only.

Spiritual teachers are eternal and they will appear to those with a genuine and sincere thirst for knowledge but the human spirit has to be prepared to receive this knowledge.

We each have a higher self that is connected to what I can only describe as the collective soul consciousness we also have a silver cord at birth that channels communication from our physical to our higher self which, as spirit continues to learn when we go into trance and even whilst we sleep. This higher self always presents as a young adult 26 to 37 years old it is never impaired, even if the physical self is disabled the higher self appears whole.

As we ascend spiritually, the higher self begins to fragment allowing for transference of consciousness and remote viewing. It allows the light of the universe to exist more fully within us to inspire us to evolve more spiritually. Our souls take the lessons learned by our spirit and moves on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spirit Lives by urheme: 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sarassin:

Whenever you perceive yourself as an "Eagle" in the astral, then your Guardian Angel is at work on your behalf.

really

i never practiced any spirituality but they just happen to me......even when i don't want it.....i cannot stop my self....and i don't understand why.......my spirit is just so light except when i drink alcohol.....but since i physically felt power hit me, i'm very careful with my life style.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
urheme:

really

i never practiced any spirituality but they just happen to me......even when i don't want it.....i cannot stop my self....and i don't understand why.......my spirit is just so light except when i drink alcohol.....but since i physically felt power hit me, i'm very careful with my life style.

Some people can be more susceptible than others. A proper "grounding" of your energy will help.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Anas09:
How come all these has a way of connecting with Eastern Philosophy?
Hello dear Analice, I have been quite busy. Sorry to answer quite late.

It is only in some people's perception that spiritual practices, meditation, mantras, and the right like are equated with eastern philosophy. This translates a lack of knowledge and understanding of religious history.

Both in the west and the east, there have been deep spiritual men and mystics and their stories and practices are known and recorded. This also applies to Africa. Since you are from a christian background, Study the life of the desert fathers, or people like francis of Assisis, ignatius of loyola etc. Even modern christian people like Stylianos Atteshis, whose life and abilities are well documented to name but a few.

You may argue that most of these people were not "charismatic" christian or born again. This argument I would find most laughable, as the same can be said about virtually all christians till Finney/Wesley, or even Charles Parham and Seymour.

Funny enough, I have learned the fundamentals of meditation through the book of a renowned charismatic preacher Andrew Murray.

The first time I read any book about eastern spirituality, was 2 months ago, and it was about Buddhist tantra. Before that, I had no idea what these religions stand for, aside what I read in Encyclopedias. I am still quite ignorant on the issue till date.

The point of all I wrote is, it is not because the west has lost many treasures, that they should be regarded as exclusively eastern practices. Till today, you can find many charismatic preachers and prophets even among prominent nigerian religious leaders, who secretly or openly use mantras and meditation. I am certain you know some of them, maybe you just don't know that what they do is "eastern philosophy".

Greetings.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Spirit Lives by Wilgrea7(m): 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
urheme:

really

wow... this means you were born with such spiritual insight... do you have any hint on what could make the spirit light?? what actions/things can make the spirit heavy? thanks
Re: Spirit Lives by Wilgrea7(m): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sarassin:

Spiritual teachers are eternal and they will appear to those with a genuine and sincere thirst for knowledge but the human spirit has to be prepared to receive this knowledge.

i agree... but what if someone is sincere but can't seem to get a hold of the spirit plane... like someone who can't do OBEs... how will the person meet the spiritual teacher? or do you meet these spiritual teachers in dreams? what of those who may have a few problems remembering.. how exactly can someone get an insight into the spirit plane.. cuz since i was young, the only visions or dreams i was taught to have were the ones predicting impending disasters.. I'm still trying to master lucid dreaming.. but still.. i haven't seen any spiritual deities that i can remember too well.. i can only recall seeing Yahweh and Jesus (although i believe them to be the same person).. i don't seem to remember much about what they told me but after the dreams i could tell i was at ease.... what can i do?? does selfless love really affect spiritual insight?

thanks Sir
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

i agree... but what if someone is sincere but can't seem to get a hold of the spirit plane... like someone who can't do OBEs... how will the person meet the spiritual teacher? or do you meet these spiritual teachers in dreams? what of those who may have a few problems remembering.. how exactly can someone get an insight into the spirit plane.. cuz since i was young, the only visions or dreams i was taught to have were the ones predicting impending disasters.. I'm still trying to master lucid dreaming.. but still.. i haven't seen any spiritual deities that i can remember too well.. i can only recall seeing Yahweh and Jesus (although i believe them to be the same person).. i don't seem to remember much about what they told me but after the dreams i could tell i was at ease.... what can i do?? does selfless love really affect spiritual insight?

thanks Sir

I would start by saying that selfless love truly is a path to the Divine.

Many people have latent ability but perhaps lack the structured means to develop their potential. Spiritual teachers and deities will sometimes appear spontaneously to lovingly teach any human who can see and hear, this is why you will sometimes have fleeting glimpses.

You will learn to receive spiritual teachings if you develop your energy body. The inability to have OBE is not a barrier to receiving spiritual teachings. These tend to occur in the following order; dream-state, then in trance meditation and then in any altered state of consciousness such as during a daydream.

You should be aware that there is also a divine continuity, so It is not unusual for a Christian mystic for example, to be visited by a Hindu God. We are encouraged to expand our limited perspective and to know that the Divine loves all people regardless of race or gender.

In fact deities do appear even without evocation when your energy vibration indicates a readiness and willingness to assimilate knowledge of ascension & enlightenment. In other words our souls instinctively bookmark our place in the Divine curriculum by the vibration we have attained. Once we attain a higher vibration a new level of lessons commences.

You will be taught healing, patience, love, forgiveness, tolerance, divine mercy, justice, karma, consequences, cosmology of the human soul, cosmology of the realms / planes, shamanism, exorcism and a host of other things.

In order to increase your energy levels and vibrations, you need only to establish a sacred space in your home/place. Learn to meditate properly then enter that space every day at the same time in dim light and sit with your arms and legs uncrossed and palms facing upwards. Focus on your breathing and cleanse yourself with your breathe from head to toes, place your awareness at the centre of your brow and go into trance.

Your teachers will appear. They will not ask for anything because they teach in loving service to humanity. I am glad you had a vision of Christ, he was a great teacher on earth and is a great teacher on the spiritual planes.

The process is not difficult. It requires time and dedication but nothing else.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Spirit Lives by AlvanT(m): 11:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sarassin:

I would start by saying that selfless love truly is a path to the Divine.

Many people have latent ability but perhaps lack the structured means to develop their potential. Spiritual teachers and deities will sometimes appear spontaneously to lovingly teach any human who can see and hear, this is why you will sometimes have fleeting glimpses.

You will learn to receive spiritual teachings if you develop your energy body. The inability to have OBE is not a barrier to receiving spiritual teachings. These tend to occur in the following order; dream-state, then in trance meditation and then in any altered state of consciousness such as during a daydream.

You should be aware that there is also a divine continuity, so It is not unusual for a Christian mystic for example, to be visited by a Hindu God. We are encouraged to expand our limited perspective and to know that the Divine loves all people regardless of race or gender.

In fact deities do appear even without evocation when your energy vibration indicates a readiness and willingness to assimilate knowledge of ascension & enlightenment. In other words our souls instinctively bookmark our place in the Divine curriculum by the vibration we have attained. Once we attain a higher vibration a new level of lessons commences.

You will be taught healing, patience, love, forgiveness, tolerance, divine mercy, justice, karma, consequences, cosmology of the human soul, cosmology of the realms / planes, shamanism, exorcism and a host of other things.

In order to increase your energy levels and vibrations, you need only to establish a sacred space in your home/place. Learn to meditate properly then enter that space every day at the same time in dim light and sit with your arms and legs uncrossed and palms facing upwards. Focus on your breathing and cleanse yourself with your breathe from head to toes, place your awareness at the centre of your brow and go into trance.

Your teachers will appear. They will not ask for anything because they teach in loving service to humanity. I am glad you had a vision of Christ, he was a great teacher on earth and is a great teacher on the spiritual planes.

The process is not difficult. It requires time and dedication but nothing else.

Another Billy grin may the gods bless today. Hello can I be a student?

can my soul get awaken by just reading and practicing on the net? I'm told if I do it without a physical guide I'll go psycho. Please help me
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
AlvanT:
Another Billy grin may the gods bless today. Hello can I be a student?

can my soul get awaken by just reading and practicing on the net? I'm told if I do it without a physical guide I'll go psycho. Please help me

Hello AlvanT, we are all learning. It really is your intent and sincerity of purpose that matters. A physical guide is preferable but not essential, basic knowledge is vital....and no, you won't go loco.
Re: Spirit Lives by AlvanT(m): 12:19am On Jan 13, 2017
Sarassin:

Hello AlvanT, we are all learning. It really is your intent and sincerity of purpose that matters. A physical guide is preferable but not essential, basic knowledge is vital....and no, you won't go loco.
All I want to know is how we came to be,who I am,can I communicate with my deceased loved ones and ancestors. My maternal grandpa had this gift.I've decided to keep my "beliefs" secret or I'm screwwed,they'll say you've been possessed by by an occultic demon

I have conquered the fear of death but fear in general, sometimes from things I don't know and dark feelings I've come to recognize as fear how to I overcome it completely? cos I know it'll block my root chakras,slowing my awakening process.

1 Like

Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
AlvanT:
All I want to know is how we came to be,who I am,can I communicate with my deceased loved ones and ancestors. My maternal grandpa had this gift.I've decided to keep my "beliefs" secret or I'm screwwed,they'll say you've been possessed by by an occultic demon

I have conquered the fear of death but fear in general, sometimes from things I don't know and dark feelings I've come to recognize as fear how to I overcome it completely? cos I know it'll block my root chakras,slowing my awakening process.

You will find the answers to your questions if you deepen your spirituality. Yes you can contact your deceased loved ones, they are always willing to help but you must approach them without fear, anxiety, anger or any other emotional issues that do indeed block communication channels. Call out to them in meditation.

You have to confront your fears.

2 Likes

Re: Spirit Lives by AlvanT(m): 2:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Sarassin:

You will find the answers to your questions if you deepen your spirituality. Yes you can contact your deceased loved ones, they are always willing to help but you must approach them without fear, anxiety, anger or any other emotional issues that do indeed block communication channels. Call out to them in meditation.

You have to confront your fears.
Thank you...when I want to meditate,what mantra do I chant to cleans myself of negative impulses that'll block my communication channels?

I know that I'll have to empty my mind and be neutral to meditate but when I do,I always picture this whitish smoky atmosphere sometimes might be colourful with ROYGBIV;rainbow colors, is it just a figment of my imagination? or is something trying to reach me?
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
AlvanT:
Thank you...when I want to meditate,what mantra do I chant to cleans myself of negative impulses that'll block my communication channels?

I know that I'll have to empty my mind and be neutral to meditate but when I do,I always picture this whitish smoky atmosphere sometimes might be colourful with ROYGBIV;rainbow colors, is it just a figment of my imagination? or is something trying to reach me?

You can chant a Mantra that fits in with your religious background. So if you are Christian for instance you chant a Mantra reflecting the properties of God or Christ, equally you may choose a suitable phrase from the Bible that reflects your spiritual outlook with about 4 or 5 syllables and use it as a mantra (psalms are good in this regards).

If you are not of a specific religious persuasion you can choose a universal avatar like lord Shiva Mantra (OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA). This mantra will obliterate any negative influences that may be harboured. You have to break through the colours you see in your mind and concentrate on your inner eye (Between the eyebrow) when you try to meditate. Most important, don't try too hard remain relaxed and regulate your breathing.

3 Likes

Re: Spirit Lives by urheme: 9:42am On Jan 16, 2017
Wilgrea7:

wow... this means you were born with such spiritual insight... do you have any hint on what could make the spirit light?? what actions/things can make the spirit heavy? thanks

For me, alcohol and sex are the major cause of my heaviness......also, over burden.....sorrow....
As to what makes my spirit light... i don't really know.
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Sarassin:

Hello there, I can see why your Christian and medical background would cause you to require me to query my sanity. But first let me state that I am not a believer, worshipper or apologist for Satan or Lucifer, I don’t practise any religion I simply state the facts as I see them devoid of religious bias, I don't have the hang-ups that adherence to any particular creed or doctrine breeds, I am equally happy for people to take me to task and call me out over facts, and wherever i am wrong I learn from it.

As a mystic I probably have a spiritual perspective that is at odds or variance to the mainstream, I can make no apologies for that and yes I do admit I have had to query my sanity on numerous occasions not least when I witness the depths of human depravity. But I am a "seeker of space" because it is within that space that self-realisation exists, and ultimately I believe that good always triumphs evil.

Thank you Sarassin, I have been too busy to reply, I saw your mention though
For some reason, I wanted my reply to be deep, I dunno why! Lol
However, Ms Lazy Fickle wins, so she will respond (however she is honest, just not analytical and calculated enough right now, hasnt been since she saw your post too)

Here goes- I am happy you replied, and will take your last statement as a summary
...good triumphs over evil, always....
That statement is good enough for me
Thanks

(I also honestly meant no harm or disrespect with the Satan question, I just needed to clarify something to self, based on some comments I saw that were directed at you. I apologise if that offended you...for what it is worth, your answer to that made me very happy)
Cheers
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
LoJ:

Hello dear Merahki, It is not disrespectful at all. And indeed, it is obvious your heart is simply looking for the truth.

I have a scientific background.
Btw, I also have a christian background. I have 2 Certificates in systematic Theology and I was a former pentecostal pastor.
Cheerful Greetings.

Thank you for seeing my heart dear Loj...

I should have said that about me instead @ science....it is a background I have, poorly formed from/ in my Nigerian setting I have to admit, and I must also admit that my mind is more artsy than science-ey...however I was "brilliant" and science it had to be
Anyway....I need way more reading and research and conclusions to reach before claiming to be a scientist, what I know is handmedowns after all...however I need none of that to write, to draw...I am totally more idealistic than realistic so, maybe never a scientist...has to be "with a science background". Thanks for waking me up

Your Christian background cracked me up, I dunno why! I died @ former pentecostal pastor. Maybe it was your delivery of it, I dunno

Warm greetings to you also
Cheers
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
fellis:
Sarassin,

what is your opinion on manifesting through visualisation?
I started doing it some years ago strictly on people I was atrracted to and I found that it actually works.

The last one I did was with one of my exes, I did a visualization exercise to get him to contact him and he did call that very evening.

Lately I am trying to get into other areas like money and jobs. I did a visualization for a job I wanted but I got another job offer instead in the same state even in the same part of the state. I truly believe it works for good.

I want to know what you think about this aspect of spirituality.

Hi
Do you know Rhonda?
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
merahki:

Hi Do you know Rhonda?

which rhonda
Re: Spirit Lives by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
fellis:

which rhonda

I am sorry (face palm)
Rhonda Bryne @ your visualisation question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours / Cancer: How God Healed My Wife / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.