Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) (47773 Views)

Fayemi Plotting To Implicate Me, PDP Leaders With Murder - Fayose (VIDEO) / List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by NotComplaining: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dont just retire them, tax them;
For all the noise pollution
For tithes they spend on novelties like planes
For every failed/fake prophesy
For go slows they cause
For human population they mislead
For backwardness they plunge the nation into

Egba owo lawa wan na

4 Likes

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
bid4rich:

do they complain? do they collect money from you? were you scammed?

some people cannot just reason straight undecided undecided undecided
That's why it is called scamming. Folks being scammed hardly realize that, so can't complain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Shafiiimran99: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
Yoruba talk say na pesin wey giv an Igbira man drink na him giv him (igbira man) room to speak inglish, wey he talk say giv me anoda tumbla. Wll all thos tins hapen if to say thos religious leader stay away from poltic so, pastos shd b blamed coz na dem gv dem chanz n hu knos may b govmnt get share in thos big churche. As pa mr fayose may na leave am alon mak him de play his game

1 Like

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by mhoyosi: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Exactly, cos' this law is meant to protect the worshipers? Why should a church leader stay for longer than 20years and why should they be allowed to appoint their family members to tae over
Baawaa:
Fayose is looking for supporters,but on this,you failed again.Because this law was enacted by JonaTAN administration.

2 Likes

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by olayinkajnr(m): 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Religion!!! The opium of the masses. This law was passed in 2011 under the so called Jonathan administration. I'm not siding any government but I hate it when most guys here acts like bigots that they are. Attached to my post here a pictorial copy of the FRC law. It doesn't apply to Pastors alone. It affects the Imam and the likes. I can see someone making reference to the Sultan. Apart from the Sultan been a religious leader, he is not a G.O of any Islamic organisation but a leader and a king.

You are free to criticise as much as you will. I've made my point unless you are too blind to see it coz of your bigotry.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by olayinkajnr(m): 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dongreat:
Now this is a sure bet about this man, "Inconsistency". I just supported him on the other thread and here disagreeing with him. Churches are religious bodies registered in any government as a NGO with no aim of profits. One will agree with me that nowadays it's not the case as the overseers of this churches are ranked among wealthiest men in the world with toys ranging from private jets to edifice mansions. If left unchecked these GOs (with massive wealth at their disposal and enormous supporters) will become very powerful that they can decide the affairs of a Nation resulting to chaos in that particular country. In other to checkmate their (GOs) affairs and bring about normality, their must be a rule deciding on the exit of GOs after a stipulated time and no transfer of office to family members. I support this move by the government as it's guaranteed to prevent ill actions from a potential mad and power drunk GO. Imagine a GO with fanatics members of about 80 million adults. That just one man with such power and guess what he can do with such power?? Yea you fears are as good as mine.

Ps: Before you quote me please think out of the box and don't behave like an average Nairalander than quote out of religion beliefs, tribal relationships and political parties. I welcome debates and no insults.

Trust me when I say you nailed it.

3 Likes

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by olayinkajnr(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
Koolking:
A governor who always speak like an illiterate. We deserve the kind of leaders we get. We are too emotional about leadership

Does Fayose actually understands what FRC (Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria) objectives are? Am kinda confuse, this is a governor who is supposed member of Executive Ruling Council. He's privy to some of the government decisions. Why does he always act ignoramus and sad?

What else do you expect from a *thugneor* governor? Always trying to lead by misleading the public. Hence, feeding on the gullibility of his people. Imaging the way most misinformed Nlanders are supporting him. To the extent of raining insult on others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Billygee2u: 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
solaugo1:

http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/fg-aims-attack-rccg-church-leaders-frc-law-fayose/

God is vindicating me about the dream I had late 2015.
In the dream I saw buhari leading prayers in the church.
I open a thread about buhari being a hypocrite,but the funny part of it is that some nairalanders were making fun of the dream.now its clear to every christian that buhari is a hypocrite.
check my signature you will see the post.
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Iseoluwani: 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
Greatfuture:
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) of Nigeria is a federal government agency established by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act, No. 6, 2011. It is a federal government Parastatal under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment. The FRC is responsible for, among other things, developing and publishing accounting and financial reporting standards to be observed in the preparation of financial statements of public entities in Nigeria; and for related matters.

The Council’s main objects, as defined in the FRC Act, are to:

protect investors and other stakeholders interest
give guidance on issues relating to financial reporting and corporate governance to professional, institutional and regulatory bodies in Nigeria
ensure good corporate governance practices in the public and private sectors of the Nigerian economy
ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports and corporate disclosures, pursuant to the various laws and regulations currently in existence in Nigeria
harmonise activities of relevant professional and regulatory bodies as relating to corporate governance and financial reporting.
promote the highest standards among auditors and other professionals engaged in the financial reporting process.
enhance the credibility of financial reporting; and
improve the quality of accountancy and audit services, actuarial, valuation and corporate governance standards.

The benefits of high quality Financial Reporting are numerous; amongst which are:

promoting private sector growth and reducing volatility in the economy by strengthening the country’s financial reporting architecture and reducing the risk of financial market crises together with the associated negative economic impact
enhancement of local and foreign Direct and portfolio Investment as investors are better able to evaluate corporate prospects and make informed decisions resulting in access to capital at lower costs.
facilitating the growth of small scale enterprises as their compliance with transparent reporting will provide easier access to credit
facilitating integration into global financial and capital markets
improvement of public sector fiscal discipline and enhancement of value for money; and
generation of employment opportunities.

Operations

High quality financial reporting is a building block of a market-based monitoring of companies, external auditors and other professionals whose work bear upon financial reporting integrity and corporate governance of entities; no matter how remote. This will allow shareholders and the public at large to confidently and objectively assess management performance, thus influencing their behaviour and decisions. High quality financial reporting will also contribute to national public finance by improving the assessment and collection of taxes on corporate profits.

The operating arms of the FRC are:

Directorate of Accounting Standards – Private Sector
Directorate of Accounting Standards – Public Sector
Directorate of Auditing Practice Standards
Directorate of Actuarial Standards
Directorate of Valuation Standards
Directorate of Inspection and Monitoring
Directorate of Corporate Governance

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by bidex(m): 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
solaugo1:

http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/fg-aims-attack-rccg-church-leaders-frc-law-fayose/

but this law was made by a regime of christian, why are we one sided like this? this law was made during jonathan era

1 Like

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Adminisher: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Fayose, the hero of brain dead, low IQ , unexposed Nigerian youths.

4 Likes

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by NotComplaining: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
We know that christianity with all its fake pastors put Europe in the dark ages for centuries.

Why did they abandon it and sell it to the W.Africans?

What could the W.Africans gain that they could not gain for 2000 years?
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by bid4rich(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Zamfaran:

That's why it is called scamming. Folks who are been scammed hardly realize that, so can't complain.

You are yet to answer my question because no one ever cry to you that he has been scammed - Sincerely speaking I am yet to understand your argument
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Our gomina has gone mad again...
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by dawahlarry: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
sportskid:
Jonathan's Govt. Would never have allowed this satanic law, leave Jonathan out of this please
Read about who implemented the law before misleading yourself out of hatred.
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by BushWickBill: 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
rusher14:

This year's Halloween fell on a weekend.
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by nlanded: 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jayceo:

Lets not distort fact.The Financial Reporting council in charge of overseeing non for profit organizations was created and signed into law in 2011 with Mr Obazee as the head ,On May 18, 2011 to be precise. This particular tenure ship law which passed through the council was proposed in 2011 but met major resistance from the Federal government under GEJ and some other parties in Government then ,it was taken to court and it was swept under the carpet immediately then in 2011 and never saw the light of the day, that's why most people are just hearing about it now, ,now come 2016 ,the law is revisited, implemented and became effective, October 2016. Lets stop telling lies to justify this.

Mr Man, this was SIGNED INTO LAW in 2011 and the president then was a Christian, if the law was so bad why did Goodluck allow it? Why must we always reason with tribal and religion bigotry?

Are you guys more educated than Pastor Adeboye(who bagged a PHD when most of you were still kids) and his legal team who thought it wise honour the law and resign? What's the big deal in appointing a new administrative head after 20 years? Has this law tampered on the spiritual health of the church? So what's all the fuss about? Its only a church with skeletons in the closet and which lacks transparency that should be afraid of this law, shouldn't the church be the most credible entity in the law?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by bidex(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
dawahlarry:

Read about who implemented the law before misleading yourself out of hatred.

dont mind him

1 Like

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by DMilanista: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
I want to know if it's the same FRC Code that was suspended some months ago that is being referenced by everyone.
http://www.businessdayonline.com/fg-suspends-obazees-code-of-corporate-governance/
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by skedman(m): 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
Corrinthians:
I can bet my last fvck that INTEGRITY guy is an ipob zombie. cheesy

They always reason like donkeys. cheesy
you are 100 percent right . They lack wisdom . It is even of recent i discovered that the picture of jesus was an actor. That means all our pastors are ignorant of these. However, I don't even know if it is real. I was not really happy with this development because I feel I had not seek enough knowledge. I needed an enlightment on this .

1 Like

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by OBAGADAFFI: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dongreat:
Now this is a sure bet about this man, "Inconsistency". I just supported him on the other thread and here disagreeing with him. Churches are religious bodies registered in any government as a NGO with no aim of profits. One will agree with me that nowadays it's not the case as the overseers of this churches are ranked among wealthiest men in the world with toys ranging from private jets to edifice mansions. If left unchecked these GOs (with massive wealth at their disposal and enormous supporters) will become very powerful that they can decide the affairs of a Nation resulting to chaos in that particular country. In other to checkmate their (GOs) affairs and bring about normality, their must be a rule deciding on the exit of GOs after a stipulated time and no transfer of office to family members. I support this move by the government as it's guaranteed to prevent ill actions from a potential mad and power drunk GO. Imagine a GO with fanatics members of about 80 million adults. That just one man with such power and guess what he can do with such power?? Yea you fears are as good as mine.

Ps: Before you quote me please think out of the box and don't behave like an average Nairalander than quote out of religion beliefs, tribal relationships and political parties. I welcome debates and no insults.

So it is all about their Powers and money.

If the law is all about checkmating the powers of the Pastor, then their are more battles ahead.

The last time i checked those member are a threat to National Security.
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Bobnotrouble: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
But who's the no.1 enemy of this Government?
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by nlanded: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
9jakohai:
So, if Adeboye goes, the Church of Nigeria would collapse.? Really?

I am not defending Buhari here. I just find it funny that we Christians talk all day long about Jesus being the head of the church...and start crying when the human leader has to step down.

RCCG was there before Daddy GO...and if it is of God....it will be there long after Daddy GO is gone.

Same thing for Living Faith, Deeper Life, Mountain of Fire and so on. The Church is more than denominations and leaders....it is the living Body of Christ. Time we remembered that.

May God keep a mansion for you in heaven to crown your eternal rest.

Please pardon me to copy your write up and post to people who need to be cured of their ignorance. You nailed it big time! Kudos!
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Dongreat(m): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

So it is all about their Powers and money.

If the law is all about checkmating the powers of the Pastor, then their are more battles ahead.

The last time i checked those member are a threat to National Security.

Yea it's all about power and money. A man who is wealthy might not be powerful but one that wield both wealth and power is a god. Religion leaders such as bishops, imams, chief hoodoo doctors etc are Demi gods and "god" to many people because they don't have only wealth but their followers are ready to do anything for them in return for divine rewards. In case you don't know the pope is as powerful as the "Queen of England", if not even more powerful than her. The pope has more than 1 billion followers ( who believes in better lives in heaven) and millions are fanatics. He may decide to bring about another crusade if he's drunk with power and yes getting a gun and weapon of mass destruction nowadays is as easy as purchasing a toilet paper. The power of the pope is controlled and checked by the Vatican Law hence his tenure is limited.

Now imagine "Rev King" ( the convicted man on death role for touching his member) has followers as that of the pope, many of which are of course fanatics. Yes, within you is a sense of fear from the chaos that may arise if he's criticized and he (rev king) decided to show you how drunk a mad man can be.

I hope you understand now.

2 Likes

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Georgville(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
bidex:

but this law was made by a regime of christian, why are we one sided like this? this law was made during jonathan era

If it were a project Buhari completed, they'll all remember it was a project initiated by Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
bid4rich:

You are yet to answer my question because no one ever cry to you that he has been scammed - Sincerely speaking I am yet to understand your argument
Take care
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Orikinla1: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
Many people, including Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, Senate President, Bukola Saraki and others are reacting like intellectually retarded people. The FRCN is not applicable to only churches, but to all registered NGOs and private sector business organizations.

1 Like

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by psalmsjob: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
Fayose Wike's boy has shot himself in the foot again. Condemning what GEJ signed into law as if it's Buhari. Well I say amen to all his prayers.

If RCCG, Winners or any church for that matter will fall because of this law then so be it because it shows clearly that it is not of God in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=9jakohai post

Same thing for Living Faith, Deeper Life, Mountain of Fire and so on. The Church is more than denominations and leaders....it is the living Body of Christ. Time we remembered that.[/quote]

majority of our leaders stil deciding nigeria fate av been doing so for more than 20yrs,,buhari rule 1985 stil came back after 30yrs.,,hw on earth can our soul stinkin politicians ever think dey wuld b regulating church activities .. why cannt they enact laws that we stop life time politics,,some names av bin on reign b4 i was born n today they stil decide our country fate .. aso rock chapel as bin closed under this very buhari administration.
the clueless fool is tryin to keep all treat to is reign on leash,,jonathan was no opinion i fr regret votin buhari,,,cum 019 we kick him out dats a must
Re: FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) by adimsmt: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
Greatfuture:
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) of Nigeria is a federal government agency established by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act, No. 6, 2011. It is a federal government Parastatal under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment. The FRC is responsible for, among other things, developing and publishing accounting and financial reporting standards to be observed in the preparation of financial statements of public entities in Nigeria; and for related matters.

The Council’s main objects, as defined in the FRC Act, are to:

protect investors and other stakeholders interest
give guidance on issues relating to financial reporting and corporate governance to professional, institutional and regulatory bodies in Nigeria
ensure good corporate governance practices in the public and private sectors of the Nigerian economy
ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports and corporate disclosures, pursuant to the various laws and regulations currently in existence in Nigeria
harmonise activities of relevant professional and regulatory bodies as relating to corporate governance and financial reporting.
promote the highest standards among auditors and other professionals engaged in the financial reporting process.
enhance the credibility of financial reporting; and
improve the quality of accountancy and audit services, actuarial, valuation and corporate governance standards.

The benefits of high quality Financial Reporting are numerous; amongst which are:

promoting private sector growth and reducing volatility in the economy by strengthening the country’s financial reporting architecture and reducing the risk of financial market crises together with the associated negative economic impact
enhancement of local and foreign Direct and portfolio Investment as investors are better able to evaluate corporate prospects and make informed decisions resulting in access to capital at lower costs.
facilitating the growth of small scale enterprises as their compliance with transparent reporting will provide easier access to credit
facilitating integration into global financial and capital markets
improvement of public sector fiscal discipline and enhancement of value for money; and
generation of employment opportunities.

Operations

High quality financial reporting is a building block of a market-based monitoring of companies, external auditors and other professionals whose work bear upon financial reporting integrity and corporate governance of entities; no matter how remote. This will allow shareholders and the public at large to confidently and objectively assess management performance, thus influencing their behaviour and decisions. High quality financial reporting will also contribute to national public finance by improving the assessment and collection of taxes on corporate profits.

The operating arms of the FRC are:

Directorate of Accounting Standards – Private Sector
Directorate of Accounting Standards – Public Sector
Directorate of Auditing Practice Standards
Directorate of Actuarial Standards
Directorate of Valuation Standards
Directorate of Inspection and Monitoring
Directorate of Corporate Governance

If this is what the bill is all about what are the buzz all about. This is what Nigeria need Mr Fayose, unless is just for churches only is it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. / Buhari's Daughter, Zahra Meets With Bill Gates At UN General Assembly / Hottest African First Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.