Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. (40065 Views)

America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
Village first.
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by 400billionman: 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
areaboi:
Wat the Bleep is wrong with it,won't i retire someday,wat if i were to contest for a public office someday,etc.

What IF is a very unlikely scenario..
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Neplusultra(f): 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
Am suspecting dis thread seriously... I smell something fishy angry Whoeva u r on dis thread, Please go back to your hometown and build ur Mansions or edifices, whicheva u so wish angry don't be Decieved!!!

4 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Neplusultra(f): 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
wordcat:
You will know the reason when you see those "I get am before grin " that fleed from North because of Boko Haram.

Umu Igbo please don't be discouraged, Think Home first o.

Aku Rue Ulo, Okwuo Onye Kpara Ya.
Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by jadajada: 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
If u're a southerner staying in the Northern party of the country, then i think it will be a wise decision to erect that mansion in ur village so as to aviod stories that touches the heart when Aboki's start thier madness.

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Adegbodolu1: 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Next time there is a war or upheaval, there would be no £20 and all abandoned properties in SW will be auctioned off to the local Obas and chiefs of the local area. Shebi some people are fond of poking their dirty Akpu fingers in the eyes of their benefactors, customers and host. Well the tide has changed slowly maybe but surely.

We in the SW have seen the law of diminishing returns (in fact collapsing returns) in terms of Easterner immigration to our land. They are no longer adding value through nuisance, overpopulation, ghetto-fication of previously prosperous abode, criminality, political antagonism, bad belle etc etc.

Build in your own villages and towns. Born your pickin in your own villages and towns. build your businesses in your own villages and towns.

The tide has changed.!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
If its an eastern city, I can build there first.

3 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Digriz(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
It depends on the city u mean,,, any Igbo man that built his mansion in Enugu ,Awka, Onitsha, Owerri, Aba where he resides with a portable house in the village did well.
Lagos and etc, pls build ur mansion in the village.

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by ogawisdom(m): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
6yrs old thread is d op still in NL undecided jst passing

2 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by anonimi: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
deluxecad:
I think it's penny wise pound foolish to build a country home in your village you visit once a year or hardly even do and living in a rented house in town where you spend almost all your life. Would you rather create impression at home while you remain a tenant in town?

Very foolish display of primitiveness by the African who remains emotional rather than be RATIONAL!

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by justmenoni: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nice post op...I watched a short video by pastor schola(Tni radio) talking about Nigerians living as paupers abroad just because they want to save alot so as to build a huge mansion back in Nigeria(where they sometimes or mosttimes wouldn't visit for years)....I was so touched with the message cos I was of the opinion that you need to live comfortable wherever you are.then couple of my friends argued with me dat my perception was very wrong..afterwards I changed my decision and blv it's important to hv a comfortable life back home(even if u won't visit for year's)... But after I saw pastor shoe's message I couldn't agree less with him so my opinion is that you should live comfortably wherever you are.make ur fam(wife plus kids) more comfortable before thinking about home(naija,villa)

quote author=deluxecad post=4984999]I think it's penny wise pound foolish to build a country home in your village you visit once a year or hardly even do and living in a rented house in town where you spend almost all your life. Would you rather create impression at home while you remain a tenant in town? [/quote]
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by cyprus000: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
[size=13pt][b]
FOOLISHNESS: this is when you build mansion in a city lyk abuja or lagos and one day,you get kicked out bcs of religious war.
Lyk sharia war in the north.
just lyk my dad lost all his life worth in the north and has no meaniful property in the village(dad am sorry for this analysis,I know you acted out of ignorance)

Or you get kicked out of your property bcs of ethnic and tribal hate.
Just lyk the igbos are being threatend with lagoon in the south west.
Or you get treated lyk a stranger who is being telorated with your own hard earned property.
That is the highest level of foolishness.

IDIOTISM: is when you have mansion in a city you are seen as stranger and don't have any meaniful property at home.
There by,indirectly creating under developement in your community and giving tribal bigots the effront to remind you how they are accomodating your sorry ass and how your region is under developed.

HYPOCRITSM: is when you build mansion in a city you don't come from and your host bully you.
Then you complain that your region is under developed to live in.

Who the fvck do you expect to develope your region?.

My brother's and sister's.
Better don't listen to this OP.
I can refer you to my dad and he will tell you how he learned in the hard way.

Nigeria is not matured for this type of ish.

Have you taken time to ask yourself,why those rich people in maitama,wuse,garki etc.
Left their mansions and ran home during the election?
Cos they are stranger's and it doesn't take an extremist,ethnic and tribal bigot a thing,to expel you from your hard earned mansion.

BE WISE
[/b][/size]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by anonimi: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
jadajada:
If u're a southerner staying in the Northern party of the country, then i think it will be a wise decision to erect that mansion in ur village so as to aviod stories that touches the heart when Aboki's start thier madness.

Even for those living in the north or outside their region they are better off ECONOMICALLY to build a rental INCOME place in a city within their region, which they can build MORE of such and then SELL later to build in their village when sure of living there 75% of the time e.g. after retirement.
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Otunbatrafford: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
It all depends on one's circumstances and level of disposable income. For me, I considered it unwise to build a house in the city while my parents live in a dilapidated house. If you make your parents happy, their prayers is key to unleashing divine blessings upon you that can make become owner of properties in the city. This was the understanding that guided my action few years back and today I'm happy I did.

3 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by millionboi(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
Datz ur own opininon anyway,bt mind u dat all towns was once a village.........and 1day u wil retire,old. Nd in need of a seren environment free from noise,Village is a place of rest.
deluxecad:
I think it's penny wise pound foolish to build a country home in your village you visit once a year or hardly even do and living in a rented house in town where you spend almost all your life. Would you rather create impression at home while you remain a tenant in town?

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by tonychristopher: 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
deluxecad:

To be honest you must be a Yoruba man to ever think of this

You called it country home and so it is...what is wrong with it. I think you have a poverty mentality ..in USA people build vacation homes and visit those places only once a year

What is wrong in building great house in your fatherland

Or u want to huod tiny houses in ur father land and build big house in city

My dear igbo believe in aku ruo uno....so u won't get this principle

That's is why Yoruba villages looks typical of African villages

Thank lord we igbos we keep building this

6 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by tonychristopher: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
millionboi:
Datz ur own opininon anyway,bt mind u dat all towns was once a village.........and 1day u wil retire,old. Nd in need of a seren environment free from noise,Village is a place of rest.

You don't need to explain this to him ..he is daft

So forget it

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by millionboi(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
Somthin wil always kill a man........why r u so much afraid of death
mascot87:
The witches & wizards that will kill u in ur village are filing the spiritual cutlass they will use on u. God build house for their u hear angry angry
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
People who build houses in the village do that for at least 2 reasons:
1. They were born and bred in the village. And they hope to retire there during old age.

2. Its a lot cheaper building houses in the village, at least labour-wise.

Those who have lived their lives in cities do not see it from the point of view!
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by funkiebully: 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
I will rather live in one room in d city and build a mansion in my village. Abandoned property has taught us a big lesson.

If u must build mansion build it in igbo city. Aku ruo ulo
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Mgbadike80: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
my dear igbo brothers, stop responding to this thread, it was deliberately started and moved to the front-page to elucidate anti igbo comments. i live in the north and nothing would make me build a mansion here. even to build a shop/warehouse with a small bungalow (built with cheap zinc and glass Louvre) would wait till i have a large family and my business can't no longer be comfortable with rented shops and rooms that i use as stores. it's my decision and i owe no apologies or explanation to anyone. pls stop responding.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by funkiebully: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
[s]
Adegbodolu1:
Next time there is a war or upheaval, there would be no £20 and all abandoned properties in SW will be auctioned off to the local Obas and chiefs of the local area. Shebi some people are fond of poking their dirty Akpu fingers in the eyes of their benefactors, customers and host. Well the tide has changed slowly maybe but surely.

We in the SW have seen the law of diminishing returns (in fact collapsing returns) in terms of Easterner immigration to our land. They are no longer adding value through nuisance, overpopulation, ghetto-fication of previously prosperous abode, criminality, political antagonism, bad belle etc etc.

Build in your own villages and towns. Born your pickin in your own villages and towns. build your businesses in your own villages and towns.

The tide has changed.!!!!!
[/s]

Who is this lazy, ugly, tiger scratch face hateful cretin? Who gives a hoot about jealous stricken yellowbar cowards?

Common disappear before amadioha dissect ur ewedu stained kpomo mouth

5 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Mgbadike80: 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
this thread was started in 2009 and made front page today(6yrs). nairaland is actively promoting tribalism
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
Op AKU RUO ULO...

Village first,
by the way every city is someone's village.

It is fallacious to say that people build in village because of its less cost.
Infact in my village and its neighbouring communities, a plot of land goes from 2million upward.

Amucha to be precised.
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
Building in the village will soon become more fashionable now owing to xenophobic attitude of "town owners", else why build in a place you were not wanted in the first place anyway? For me I careless now, I have in the city but am thinking seriously the next in the village. It is better than losing all to haters in the end. Alternatively buy houses abroad, say in Canada. If you are interested, just let me know. Nigerian cities are not too safe for non indigenes any longer.
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by JUBILEE2000: 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
edwife:
For me i think you need to build in your village because you will definetely return when you are old.City life is not ideal in old age,the noise,crowd,mosquitos and many more...

When you have a mansion in the village,you will enjoy it when you retire and your kids come home every Christmas with their kids-very fun and peaceful.

Check yourself why you don't go back to your village,nothing great like NATURE.

hmmmn....it depends on the village u come from. Some villages na no go area..oo
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by chaberry(m): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Imagine building a house in the city and having nothing at home, what will then happen if any of your daughter is to get married(traditional marriage)?
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by moshould(m): 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
For me its okay to have ur mansion in ur hometown, especially nw when somebody juz said he'll thrw pple into d lagoon..be wise, and thank God say u get village, some pple no knw their own..

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by ruffDiamond: 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
slimmy05:
we don't retire in Lagos, we retire to the village and visit Lagos. It's called wisdom. We learnt hard after the civil war. My grandpa lost all his houses in lagos and port harcourt. He wouldn't have if it was in Owerri.

We are not stupid anymore. So just incase we decide to bring up Biafra again, we won't have much to lose.
una go lose like hell mehn! U think this is 1967??haha keep on wishing and praying for war cos of DAT worthless cause called Biafra! I pity una sha dead body no know wetin dey happen o where is OJUIKU today? He was lucky he escaped with his tail between his hairy a.ss grin and died in peace time after state pardon of course that mofos for rot like rotten meat inside Kiri kiri if he is nt executed stick to the topic no dey talk abt war here u small time una go dey spew trash say Lagos na no man's land yet still dey retire for village for South East u flatees are so dumb honestly
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
deluxecad:

In Enugu state where I live n come from, Empty land = 12 million naira average in town.

Village land = free of charge.

We use the 12 million to build a solid duplex in d village...

And den live in town and pay rent @ average of 17k per month for 3 bedroom flat.

We go home on Easter, Xmas, Igba nkwu, Thanksgiving, and for relaxation too...

2 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Certifiedboss: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
deluxecad:

My first house will be in the town where I'm working to save me from paying about 600k yearly for rent and I will start channeling that yearly rent I was supoose to be paying as a tenant in town and start building in my village ... my first house will be in the he town where I'm living and working

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalander Please Beware Of NON Lagos State Lands In Ikorodu And Aquisation / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / Fire @ Mikano Office, VI: Two Persons Confirmed Dead - Eyewitness (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.