Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,625 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211877 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Dremca:
How can someone identify organic ones?

It is usually written on the prize tag ( look closely at the tag on the apples earlier posted), on the section of the particular fruits and if in doubt ask the store staff to differentiate it for you. See pix of Organic banana.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by akashi01(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
Dremca:
How can someone identify organic ones?

They have tags on them

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:38am On Jun 14, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
isit as hot as Lagos
During mid summer...June, July and August it is usually hotter...but I'll say a different kind of heat. You can escape Lagos heat by remaining in the shade..or using a fan. No doubt. ...sunlight burn you like fire in Lagos..not so in NYC... the sun an be bright..brilliant..but not as sharp. The heat here is different...like being locked in an oven..open windows at nights no difference...fan..no difference...you be drenched in sweat 2 a.m while doing absolutely nothing...not even thinking hard. A/c is like a must.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:48am On Jun 14, 2018
Electroweb:
Hey Originalsly,

I am gonna be in the US for some days. Emmm... I want to post some stuffs in here, hope u no go vex?

No Sir!..... I can't fit you in on my vex schedule! Where were those pics taken? Florida?..I see either palm/coconut trees...that's not happening in NY! ...and wow!..those apples are mad expensive....it must be you live farrrrrrrrr from apple growing areas..... or in the middle of nowwhere! It may be less expensive to buy online!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:03am On Jun 14, 2018
NYC....In every community there are these little Parks.... shady public places for people to sit and relax outdoors....just benches.... and are run by the FG. View inside another park nearby...one of the best in the city...the entrance.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Braket: 2:48am On Jun 14, 2018
Originalsly:

During mid summer...June, July and August it is usually hotter...but I'll say a different kind of heat. You can escape Lagos heat by remaining in the shade..or using a fan. No doubt. ...sunlight burn you like fire in Lagos..not so in NYC... the sun an be bright..brilliant..but not as sharp. The heat here is different...like being locked in an oven..open windows at nights no difference...fan..no difference...you be drenched in sweat 2 a.m while doing absolutely nothing...not even thinking hard. A/c is like a must.
Here in Germany it's quite different. There's absolutely no need for fan because when the sun shines, the weather is still cold. Little wonder the whities sun bath

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by KendrickAyomide: 5:27am On Jun 14, 2018
Originalsly:

thanks for the clarification.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by KendrickAyomide: 5:30am On Jun 14, 2018
Braket:

Here in Germany it's quite different. There's absolutely no need for fan because when the sun shines, the weather is still cold. Little wonder the whities sun bath
i love your German thread bro. just they update us steady.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
Originalsly:

No Sir!..... I can't fit you in on my vex schedule! Where were those pics taken? Florida?..I see either palm/coconut trees...that's not happening in NY! ...and wow!..those apples are mad expensive....it must be you live farrrrrrrrr from apple growing areas..... or in the middle of nowwhere! It may be less expensive to buy online!

Emmm .....I dont want people back home to know who I am because of security issues therefore I can only say the pictures were taken somewhere in Texas. Its like staying at the Long Island this trip might not be possible. I would loved to see how Longgggg the Island is lol.

I bought 7 seven big apples for $9.24 @$1.32 per dollar which is N475 in Nigeria. Vey expensive sha. To put the size in perspective see pix.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Beautyaddy: 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Electroweb:

Emmm .....I dont want people back home to know who I am because of security issues therefore I can only say the pictures were taken somewhere in Texas.
I bought 7 seven big apples for $9.24 @$1.32 per dollar which is N475 in Nigeria. Vey expensive sha. To put the size in perspective see pix.

Are you for real

What is expensive with buying ordinary fruit at $1.32 per dollar?

You are comparing the dollar rate with a very low in value Naira currency rate...unbelievable!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Are you for real

You are comparing the dollar rate with a very low in value Naira currency rate...unbelievable!

Well...if I go to Mama-put, that amount can get me amala, pure water and two pices of meat lol. Or if i take public transport in Lagos, that amount can take me from Ikeja to Obalende.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Are you for real

Hi Beautyaddy,

It is expensive because the same bag of apples non organic can be had for $5

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
Electroweb:

Emmm .....I dont want people back home to know who I am because of security issues therefore I can only say the pictures were taken somewhere in Texas. Its like staying at the Long Island this trip might not be possible. I would loved to see how Longgggg the Island is lol.

It'd freakingly expensive. Is it organic?
Cos things like that are costly in the states.
This can buy full chicken and some cooking stuffs na.
Haba.
Go on apple strike abeg.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Hi Beautyaddy,

It is expensive because the same bag of apples non organic can be had for $5
No wonder. It's organic.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC....In every community there are these little Parks.... shady public places for people to sit and relax outdoors....just benches.... and are run by the FG. Bushy looking park as seen from a bit way off...closer looks. View inside another park nearby..this one more is one of the best!
Parks these days have some locally made sports equipments mostly used by elders. I prefer them to gym. And some cool off with dances.

Do we have park's in Nigeria cos Abuja which I know very well converted their parks to drinking, eating and smoking joints.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by signature2012(m): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
sassysure:

Parks these days have some locally made sports equipments mostly used by elders. I prefer them to gym. And some cool off with dances.

Do we have park's in Nigeria cos Abuja which I know very well converted their parks to drinking, eating and smoking joints.

So painful...I dont think I ever visited any park all my life in naija.

Here you see different parks,meet people from diverse countries, culture and background.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by lekanlaniyan(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2018
Electroweb:

By GM you mean Genetically Modified... that is no longer natural na.

Yes..... Genetically Modified.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 15, 2018
signature2012:

So painful...I dont think I ever visited any park all my life in naija.

Here you see different parks,meet people from diverse countries, culture and background.
Nigerians don't know how to relax outdoors and that is the best. It bonds families. It saddens me too.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by tafat: 10:35am On Jun 15, 2018
signature2012:

Drove through time square last night,it was lit!
with how lit everywhere is I can only imagine how much you'll spend buying things, If you need to spend more than $5,000 monthly, you can make a request for a foreign currency (USD or GPB) card from FCMB and enjoy L-I-M-I-T-L-E-S-S international spending.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:36am On Jun 17, 2018
NYC....Sat..hot..finally a real summer day! .. 2 babes on the move!..one realncute with her flowing braids!....a group of ehmmm...people...always have to take a closer look..or else?! ...somehow different from normal car. ..even the colour...Toyota HR!...Ford F150... unusual graphics!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
They call it Red box. I think it is America’s equivalent of what we call video club in Lagos (i dont know if it still exists). This one you pay, rent and return the video or game all by yourself without any human interaction. Talk about DIY. I could be wrong. Experts in the house should clarify..

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
NYC...NYC is not all high rises. Residential...Queens.. small private houses. A large Housing Project..Brooklyn...the kind we think of building without having the infrastructure ...sewerage. .water..and 24/7 electricity....a must for sooo many people in soo small an area. Low Income apartment building...going up fast. ..on side walk...sackssss of cement....not sure if they have security...and this is a ehmmm...baddd area...people just know to leave certain stuff alone!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2018
NYC...this guy on his cruiser bike....sooo comfortable...stereo and all...I can see myself riding...and dropping to death asleep. Acura...by Honda...maintaining a reputation!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
Electroweb:
They call it Red box. I think it is America’s equivalent of what we call video club in Lagos (i dont know if it still exists). This one you pay, rent and return the video or game all by yourself without any human interaction. Talk about DIY. I could be wrong. Experts in the house should clarify..

Clarify what?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by ciwi: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...this guy on his cruiser bike....sooo comfortable...stereo and all...I can see myself riding...and dropping to death asleep. Acura...by Honda...maintaining a reputation!

Hi Sly good job u are doing here.

I'm plan on visiting New York for about 5 days. Can u suggest affordable accommodation close to the tourist attractions?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:01am On Jun 20, 2018
ciwi:

Hi Sly good job u are doing here.

I'm plan on visiting New York for about 5 days. Can u suggest affordable accommodation close to the tourist attractions?
Don't know about that! I know of a good spot...verrrry reasonable price...but you have to give dates to know it's available.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by lekanlaniyan(m): 11:39am On Jun 20, 2018
Originalsly:

I prefer to own this type of motobike than the sporty one, which are prom of throwing someone away.

Honda my Honda.....It will always show its self. Maintenance is key for Honda
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2018
NYC...Summer...officall begin June 21...the longest day of the year...sun is up the longest. 5:30 a.m....already fairly bright. 7:15 pm...looking over to Queens. 7:45 pm...view from Brooklyn Bridge 8:45 p.m...Canarsie..Brooklyn...sun finally about to set.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2018
NYC...Summer Sights...people. Hmmm...Jim Iyke?..noooo way..this guy be Grade A....24/7.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Eife(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
Please keep going you are making me feel already there
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...Summer Sights...people. Hmmm...Jim Iyke?..noooo way..this guy be Grade A....24/7.

The 2nd picture thou grin...
Be like one Nigerian street

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2018
NYC...safety conscious beggar..with reflector safety vest..can't say you didn't see him! OLD NAVY had this one day real good sale on flip flops...went right after they opened at this not so easy to reach location expecting to be one of few people there...saw this line outside and kept it moving!..I'm allergic to such lines! Breakfast/lunch on spot...NYC?...no hustle no living. Water supply for construction..source? ...fire hydrants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (53) (Reply)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.