Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 (64512 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th / Bishop Oyedepo: "You See Where Change Has Brought Us Since 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by prophetfire: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
Every decent person shares the humble Bishop's feelings about Boko Haram, but asking people to spill the blood of "anyone that looks like them" (i.e. a northerner or muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time) is very wrong. Didn't Jesus say, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"? How can you call yourself a Christian if you blatantly and proudly disobey the teachings of the very Christ you worship?
my friend shut your mouth there! you misunderstand Jesus teaching. was it not the same Jesus that told them to sell their staff and buy a sword? dnt provoke me now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by joeace2020(m): 8:55am On Jan 13, 2017
toneawe:

It's obvious you are not a Christian for you to use the statement " the teachings of the very Christ {you} worship. Christ also said we should be gentle as the dove and be wise as the serpent. What do u think the serpent will do with its wisdom if not to strike at the right time. U don't know the Bible as much as we christians do so stop misinterpreting the Bible to us. Have we not been patient enough for your kind slaying us? It's time to send your likes to extinction. God commanded a lot of wars in the Bible after all.

You are a bloody liar. On the day Jesus was to be taken away he yet performed another miracle to quench the violence his disciple was about starting. Same goes for the apostles who never incited their followers as they were being led to the slaughter. What was some their teachings about. Meekness. Jesus taught this in the beautitudes. He asked that his followers forgive 77x7 times.. . he asked them to turn the other cheek when slapped. He prayed for forgiveness to those who crucified him as a lesson to his followers to forgive even in death and all this after he was pierced on the side. What about the apostles who all died gruesomely? Did you read or hear of how their disciples went about killing. You people with your evil yahoo pastor twist the Bible to suit your evil intentions. You people claim to serve an all conquering powerful God but violates his sacred commandments of loving him, loving your neighbor and not killing...that God who said that could defend you but you really don't believe in him in your hearts. You people are the reason he wants his judgment first with the church. Notice he never said those who persecute the church but those who do what those that persecute them do. Y'all are evil and your sins will catch up with you people because he who lives by the gun will die by the gun. And to prove that you are a totally ignorant Christian you said God commanded wars. When were these wars? under the mosaic law or the new law? what did Jesus say he had come to do to the law? Like i say you evil people twist anything to commit your atrocities. Religion is sh1t... spits
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by uzoexcel(m): 8:55am On Jan 13, 2017
Interesting
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by hamingra: 8:57am On Jan 13, 2017
joeace2020:

No he doesn't! What is wrong with you people? Have you all gone crazy? When was taking another humans life ever a solution to a problem. When has it even been a way to retaliate in your supposed Christian faith. Are you people now so gullible anything they speak from their mouth is true? Jeez... Mehn brainwashing is freaking real. Oyedepo is capitalizing on people's anger and frustration to protect his interest. If it were so that violence is okay, why didn't Jesus and the apostles retaliate as they were being led to the slaughter? Why was a central theme of their message centered around meekness in the face of threat to life and the most aggressive form of terrorism. Anyway i was done with y'all long ago, cudnt stomach the two faced lives lived in the church. If you want to be killers, please be but don't come and tell me killing is a sin because it isn't for you.

I feel your pain my brother! I feel your pain!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by prophetfire: 8:59am On Jan 13, 2017
Maximus85:

Short minded man. It's hard but God didn't want the death of sinners but for them to repent and be saved.

Paul was an example. Who was he before? A TERRORIST TO THE FULLEST. He came in contact with the word of God and he was transformed. What if this man was in Saul's time? He would have commanded is gullible followers to kill Paul. The same Paul preached the gospel more than any other disciples of Christ.

I wonder the god telling this man to kill terrorists.
were ni.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by hamingra: 9:00am On Jan 13, 2017
prophetfire:
my friend shut your mouth there! you misunderstand Jesus teaching. was it not the same Jesus that told them to sell their staff and buy a sword? dnt provoke me now.

Another disciple of Christian violence again! Am loving this! Now we all agree that both religions preach violence! This is a new revelation! Boko Haram is winning souls for the devil! Hahahahahaha!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Minirakiza: 9:00am On Jan 13, 2017
Amen in the highest. ..

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by manikspears: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2017
dacovajnr:
You better be worried about yourself as your land can't won't be able to contain you guys grin
Na true be that o cheesy .
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Meritocracy: 9:04am On Jan 13, 2017
If you kill and the authority catches you, you will lonely face the law because this man will deny you
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 13, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

but a Christian once told me Jesus and God are the same. I need more explanation please.
Jesus is God.. Don't mind that mumu
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by gemale(m): 9:10am On Jan 13, 2017
Edmanpumpin:
AMIN oooo!!!!! Loruko nla ti JESU!!!

Meaning AMEN IN JESUS Mighty Name.

God bless you Papa.

We can no more take the persecutions and wanton killings and genocide of our brethren.

Omo mehn, won o gberin sapa now.
To your tent o Israel.

Prophet Elisha in the bible called out fire which consumed those prophet of baal.

About time our christian leaders voice out jare.
FYI, it was Elijah nt Elisha dt called down fire 4rm heaven & d fire didn't consume d prophets of baal, it consumed d altar, sacrifice, wood & even d water dt had bn poured on d sacrifice. D prophets of baal were slain by d sword (@ d kishon brook). Pls go back & study d bible beta instead of deifying a man. Start 4rm d book of 1st kings chapter 18.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by joeace2020(m): 9:11am On Jan 13, 2017
prophetfire:

let me educate you ignorant Christian. Jesus asked that they sell their cloak and buy a sword. then they presented him two swords that they were enough. Now Jesus' enemies numbered in the thousands if not millions. Will these two swords be enough to fight all of them... no! But this was done to fulfill the prophecy that he will be accused as a leader of a band of sword weilding bringands and this became reality when Peter struck off the ear of one of his captors Malchus, one of the prints servants with this sword but to prove you further wrong and lost in your evil ways he restored the man's ear and ask that they shield their swords. It became know from that moment in the eyes of his captors what Jesus was.. A leader of sword welding bringands. More reason to have him executed quickly.

Luke 22:36-38
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘ And he was numbered with the transgressors ’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.

— Gospel of Luke 22:36-38, NIV
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 13, 2017
cashreport:

just look at all those that quote and argue with u on the thread have all been banned.. Too bad ...one air your view and others can't ..so only u can type while others are to look ..?? Unbanned all those there were banned by you or your overzealous admins n mod
I like when they am banned it shows I say hard truth
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 13, 2017
cool

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by gemale(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2017
prophetfire:
Jesus was speaking in parables. Even his disciples took his words literally. Rmbr wt he told Simon Peter afterwards when he cut malchus' ear?
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Seun(m): 9:19am On Jan 13, 2017
naptu2:
I think this is what they are referring to (note the date on the thread).

https://www.nairaland.com/2075868/god-anointed-me-lead-revolution
I must have missed it;. People don't realize that I don't personally read every post on the home page. Still, I think it's important to emphasize the line about killing anyone who looks like them as it wasn't emphasized in the previous thread. We will update the title to reflect the date.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by NaMeAboki: 9:22am On Jan 13, 2017
glossy6:

Maybe you are talking to a 10 year old.

What and how was the woman preacher killed in Abuja?

While serving in Kano state my late uncle advised me never to stay away from the house on Fridays while the Jumat prayer is on because that is where the hate speech is delivered and clones of Muslims will come out chanting allah arched bar and killing non Muslims.

You can come up with another argument joor.

Then you really must be 10yrs old.

Abuja killing was an isolated incidence, that happened as a result of noise pollution by an over zealous preacher using a megaphone in a Muslim dominated area near a mosque - it was truly unfortunate and regrettable; however, at no time did the imam incited or ordered her killing.

Your uncle told you lies and it is even more ridiculous for you to rely on such hearsay alone to base your judgement while in fact never having heard or witnessed such preaching yourself.

What you are doing is purely rumour mongering based stereotyping, just like many others without any factual basis for it.

Look, the killings in southern Kaduna is nothing more than a dispute over land for grazing and cultivation between herdsmen and farmers - which happens all the time in most parts of this country and being settled amicably.

However, the more recent ones have been hijacked by some politicians and divisive leaders that see themselves as local champions and have unfortunately been inciting the violence through unwarranted hate speeches - just like this supposed man of god; the basic problem was never religion but see how the likes of him are turning it into one - Nigeria has never been so divided SMH.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by StarBukola(f): 9:24am On Jan 13, 2017
kalindaminda:

Aren't you disappointed in the kind of people who visit your site?
disappointed? when he is making money?
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by superstarDikk(m): 9:24am On Jan 13, 2017
Realdeals:
Living Faith Church is spread across the north, its one of the most dominant church in Southern Kaduna, so the Bishop understand what he's talking about....
he doesn't know shi_t. You think only christians are victims of terrorism?..... And why speaking out now? He was very close to GEJ n co, why didn't he speak when this whole mess started, when whole villages where destroyed in Plateau?... You are a man of God and you stand before people to say this kinda shi_t? Telling people the 'north' most not continue to rule? Your duty as a man of God is to foster love and unity and you are asking people to spill blood?........ The bishop should start with himself, he should remove the scales off of his eyes first. Rightnow he is worse than a terrorist. And most of you supporting him are just dumb ba_stards who are blinded by religion n ethnicity........ I'm a christian but with these crop of christian leaders, I will soon be a jew. He should condemn evil no matter who is involved, don't come here and divide further a nation that is already split
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2017
@Seun

Plsssssssss, it should be In 2015, Oyedepo ordered........cause many will not read it to the end before they display their stupidity

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by nery4u(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
Every decent person shares the humble Bishop's feelings about Boko Haram, but asking people to spill the blood of "anyone that looks like them" (i.e. a northerner or muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time) is very wrong. Didn't Jesus say, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"? How can you call yourself a Christian if you blatantly and proudly disobey the teachings of the very Christ you worship?

Wisdom is the principal thing becos I wonder while David prayed this prayer

Psalm 35 King James Version (KJV)

Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute....
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by psalmsjob: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2017
Xaddy:
Some so called CHRISTians tho. That is why I will continue to say that Christianity is not a religion and if you have a religion that you call Christianity then I don't know what you are doing.

Jesus came on earth to preach Love. He told us to Love our neighbours, love our enemies and love out persecutors(terrorists). He said the way to CONQUER them is through love. In his exact words

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Remember how he told us to turn the other cheek when one cheek has just been slapped? It was an euphesim for the GREATEST type of tolerance that man can attain. Also remember when Peter and John told him to command fire on a city that REJECTED him. You know what he said...

You can rant from now till tomorrow, say that Papa is right in his statement but there is something I am 100% sure of, what is said is not biblical...

We are in a period of grace but we don't know the GREAT standard that is expected of us...

He is saying that people of God should KILL?

When the scriptures equate hating on your brother with actual murder? Wow!

It is when I see things like this that I realise why Jesus preached so fiercely against religion, he hated religion with passion and that is the only thing that made Jesus go violent when he was in this earth. Let that sink in, religion, not SIN oh. Religion...

May the LORD have mercy on us all...

#LoveTrumpsHate

After Reading this I had to check your name again to be sure I didn't write this without realizing I did. This your line of thought or believe makes two of us plus many others I'm sure.

I find it hard to fill forms where I'm asked what religion I practice because the concept of religion is mixed up in society today.

#LoveIsEverything

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by dragonking3: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Then you really must be 10yrs old.

Abuja killing was an isolated incidence, that happened as a result of noise pollution by an over zealous preacher using a megaphone in a Muslim dominated area near a mosque - it was truly unfortunate and regrettable; however, at no time did the imam incited or ordered her killing.

Your uncle told you lies and it is even more ridiculous for you to rely on such hearsay alone to base your judgement while in fact never having heard or witnessed such preaching yourself.

What you are doing is purely rumour mongering based stereotyping, just like many others without any factual basis for it.

Look, the killings in southern Kaduna is nothing more than a dispute over land for grazing and cultivation between herdsmen and farmers - which happens all the time in most parts of this country and being settled amicably.

However, the more recent ones have been hijacked by some politicians and divisive leaders that see themselves as local champions and have unfortunately been inciting the violence through unwarranted hate speeches - just like this supposed man of god; the basic problem was never religion but see how the likes of him are turning it into one - Nigeria has never been so divided SMH.
All these one you dey talk na bullshit. .it is time for the southerners and Christians to fight.. .since the blood sucking demons know only violence, we shall give them violence
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2017
Spartacuss:
@Seun

Plsssssssss, it should be In 2015, Oyedepo ordered........cause many will not read it to the end before they display their stupidity

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by danidee10(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2017
osita456:
the letter kills, it's not by only knowing what is written in the Bible. but by knowing what the Spirit is saying presently. in the days of Nehemiah the Jews rebuilt Jerusalem with building tools in one hand and weapons in the other hand. because of people who were against the project.

This is one mistake a lot of people make....The JEWS WERE NOT CHRISTIANS...at that time there was nothing like Christianity cuz christ wasn't born yet.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by psalmsjob: 9:38am On Jan 13, 2017
DangotePikin:
Vanguard and their outdated news. The video when Bishop said this was during the peak of Boko Haram. I'm surprised they are just reporting it after several years. Vanguard are fond of sharing negative news about Bishop.

When he said it is not as important as if he said it?

When he said it can only help us to evaluate the effects of what he said thus far and how it has impacted on the killings of Christians now in southern Kaduna and elsewhere.

But the fact remains that a true follower of Jesus which is what a Christian ought to be would not kill anyone or encourage others to do.

If to you guys Jesus is too supernatural to understand things like this then I remember Stephen who was stoned to death but still prayed for his killers while dieing so much so that his killing brought about the spread of the "good news" around the world at that time.

Oyedepo is a businessman not a Christian and if his bodyguard wouldn't kill me I would tell him to his face.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Kay17: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2017
Why do people think breaking up the country would automatically usher in peace and stop all killings.

The first issue when a country with its institutions breaks apart is for security lapse. Roving genocidal gangs would be on loose.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by NaMeAboki: 9:41am On Jan 13, 2017
dragonking3:
All these one you dey talk na bullshit. .it is time for the southerners and Christians to fight.. .since the blood sucking demons know only violence, we shall give them violence

Laptop warrior, its your kind that would take your heels when the push comes to the shove; be mindful of what you are wishing for.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Chikelue2000(m): 9:43am On Jan 13, 2017
Realdeals:
Living Faith Church is spread across the north, its one of the most dominant church in Southern Kaduna, so the Bishop understand what he's talking about....
Bro enough is enough, dis islam guys r taking too much abeg, if we dnt show them hw powerful we r too, they will think we r too soft
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by 2baga(m): 9:43am On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:

apparently, neither you nor any member of your family had ever witnessed or personally experienced the scourge called bokoharam.
Even neutral muslims from the north are terrified of their actions!!!!

Seun:
Didn't Jesus say, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"? How can you call yourself a Christian if you blatantly and proudly disobey the teachings of the very Christ you worship?

Seun, evidently your knowledge of the biblical injunctions are sorely limited
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Thescienceprof(m): 9:45am On Jan 13, 2017
Maximus85:

Short minded man. It's hard but God didn't want the death of sinners but for them to repent and be saved.

Paul was an example. Who was he before? A TERRORIST TO THE FULLEST. He came in contact with the word of God and he was transformed. What if this man was in Saul's time? He would have commanded is gullible followers to kill Paul. The same Paul preached the gospel more than any other disciples of Christ.

I wonder the god telling this man to kill terrorists.

What about all the Egyptians that were perished in the red sea? I suppose God didn't want their death!
What about all the enemies of Israel that God slain on their journey to promise land? I suppose God also didn't want their death! #yimu. you better go sit down.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by dragonking3: 9:46am On Jan 13, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Laptop warrior, its your kind that would take your heels when the push comes to the shove; be mindful of what you are wishing for.
I am from delta state, we don't run... We have been fighting to push all your brothers out and we will still fight for it.. If you think am a laptop warrior, show your face in delta or even on a neutral ground and let's see who will run.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.