Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 (64499 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th / Bishop Oyedepo: "You See Where Change Has Brought Us Since 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by glossy6(f): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2017
NaMeAboki:

The issue of Zangon Kataf had been fully investigated and well documented, resulting in a government white paper in which the major culprits were identified and indicted; but till date never brought to book, amongst them one General Lekwot comes to mind; pls pray tell, whether he is Muslim or Hausa Fulani.

White or brown paper, the Hausas started the killings. What the Kataf did was revenge
.qed

bignero:

mr man with no due respect youy seem tohave a fundamental issue...

you dont belive in christ or Christianity.....yet your quoting christ..... undecided

christians act...problem

they dont act problem...

omo the thing eating you is very strong

your not a believer you have no right to quote the bible...quote your nairaland, sango or what ever you belive

He is a Muslim, not atheist
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by BushWickBill: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2017
Edmanpumpin:

Hey Bloody Asswipe, go give you Taksir to your FishBrain Father.

I got time for your idiotic sermon.

Get off my mention you Terrorist pretending to be a Christian.
Your likes are in Sambisa and mountains of afghanistan.

Go wrap those rags on your head Kiddo.

Address the issues I raised and stop throwing needless tantrums. You are acting so immature that I am afraid of even responding you.

You are a full grown adult (I think). Behave your age and reason properly.

I am not a muslim, so if you base your argument on that, then you must be a fo0l.

I am only outlining the words you claim are from Christ to you and showing you how wrong Oyedepo is wrong in calling for the killing of Muslims from the point of view of the bible.

But eternal dullards like you who managed to watch Galaxy TV and learn swear words won't let us be.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Topestbilly(m): 11:08am On Jan 13, 2017
admax:
Trust Seun to comment on this type of story.

1. Good to see you quote the Bible, so what went wrong?

2. Christians don't worship Jesus for your information, we worship the Almighty God - Yahweh

Modified
: I see a lot of ignorant Christians quoting me to retract my 2nd points. So you people worship Jesus through God or what when it was clear we worship God through Jesus the Christ!
That's why it's important to attend Churches that teaches the word of God and not only those die by fire and miracles based ministry.

They leave the creator n worship the created, some even worship their pastors.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by psalmsjob: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2017
DangotePikin:
You should know that when I say Oyedepo has been a blessing to me spirituality, I mean the power of God through him. He has no power on his own. This is one of the reasons why I don't like engaging in religious discussions online. You pick on my words, then misinterpret it to suit your claims. That is not so nice. The fact that one has the holy spirit doesnt mean you cant be blessed by a prophet sent to you by God. I'm not worshipping any man, it is not everything any man tells me that I have to agree with, irrespective of how much I honour him.

Where we differ is that you believe God in addition to speaking to you directly spspiritually that He can also send someone who should be regarded as superior to you or that person. I believe however, that all Christians are equal before God and the indwelling Holy Spirit makes the things of Christ or God known to believers because like the Bible said He is the Spirit of God and thus has been with Him from the beginning of time.

But in the same vein Christians can limit or outrightly difuse the power of the Holy Spirit in their own lives by simply believing what you just profess to believe. All the devil seeks to do is to plant a doubt about the power and love of God into minds. All these "you need something more", "you can do it better", "everyone is doing it".

Take every opportunity you have to talk about what you've got on this earth to praise God only without mentioning any human being and the chances of being misunderstood will be eliminated.

Do you agree that what is said is literally unbecoming of a Christian? Yes or No!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by hamzeiy: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2017
lol...just imagine a muslim scholar making this statements publicly..the news would have been different. telling your congregation to kill people because they are suspects is truelly very stupid and would definately have repercussions

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by psalmsjob: 11:09am On Jan 13, 2017
DangotePikin:
You should know that when I say Oyedepo has been a blessing to me spirituality, I mean the power of God through him. He has no power on his own. This is one of the reasons why I don't like engaging in religious discussions online. You pick on my words, then misinterpret it to suit your claims. That is not so nice. The fact that one has the holy spirit doesnt mean you cant be blessed by a prophet sent to you by God. I'm not worshipping any man, it is not everything any man tells me that I have to agree with, irrespective of how much I honour him.

Where we differ is that you believe God in addition to speaking to you directly spiritually that He can also send someone who should be regarded as superior to you or that person. I believe however, that all Christians are equal before God and the indwelling Holy Spirit makes the things of Christ or God known to believers because like the Bible said He is the Spirit of God and thus has been with Him from the beginning of time.

But in the same vein Christians can limit or outrightly difuse the power of the Holy Spirit in their own lives by simply believing what you just profess to believe. All the devil seeks to do is to plant a doubt about the power and love of God into minds. All these "you need something more", "you can do it better", "everyone is doing it".

Take every opportunity you have to talk about what you've got on this earth to praise God only without mentioning any human being and the chances of being misunderstood will be eliminated.

Do you agree that what he said that Christians should kill other people is literally unbecoming of a Christian? Yes or No!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by wilky9ice: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2017
Enough is enough what rubbish killing our brothers in the North and opening there smelling mouth saying we are One Nigeria. STOP

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by TheFreeOne: 11:21am On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
Every decent person shares the humble Bishop's feelings about Boko Haram, but asking people to spill the blood of "anyone that looks like them" (i.e. a northerner or muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time) is very wrong. Didn't Jesus say, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"? How can you call yourself a Christian if you blatantly and proudly disobey the teachings of the very Christ you worship?

Life is a gift that must be protected and it is stupidity of the highest order to allow oneself to be killed by anybody in the name of "love your enemies".

And i want to believe you have your reasons for either stylishly mocking Christians or misinterpreting the bible in the light of what's happening to Christians in the north.

The reality is that the situation in Nigeria is getting to a stage of "KILL OR BE KILLED" unless the government tackle this matter heads on but with jihadists in power? your guess is as good as mine.

I am not a conventional Christian nor a Muslim but I believe it's high time Christians and their leaders wakeup from their slumber.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Edmanpumpin(m): 11:21am On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

Hahaha... Idiot, so in your warped mind you felt you raised an issue? LOL!!!

Wasted semen, go play with sand.

You this THING aint worth my precious time. Bloody Daesh!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by NaMeAboki: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2017
glossy6:

White or brown paper, the Hausas started the killings. What the Kataf did was revenge
.qed
He is a Muslim, not atheist

Reprisals and counter reprisals, how do you think the circle of violence would be broken - especially with ppl like this pastor inciting and cheering them on?

Besides, the act of revenge is a culture that belongs to the Fulani; among the current warring parties hell bent on revenge, tell me who among them is suffering and calling out for outside help.

Pls be objective and use your brain; do not rely on the propaganda being spoon fed to you without questioning; there ppl out there profiting by inciting hate and disunity between Nigerians.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by beycity(m): 11:34am On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
Every decent person shares the humble Bishop's feelings about Boko Haram, but asking people to spill the blood of "anyone that looks like them" (i.e. a northerner or muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time) is very wrong. Didn't Jesus say, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"? How can you call yourself a Christian if you blatantly and proudly disobey the teachings of the very Christ you worship?
Really? but Christians can be killed anyhow abi?
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by donaldfafree(m): 11:36am On Jan 13, 2017
Bros na slap Jesus talk no be stab
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by afoobabs(m): 11:38am On Jan 13, 2017
what differs this man from the satanic element he is talking abt is that he is a recognised bishop with lots of followers take that away from him, he is also a terrorist. it surprise me no one is calling for his arrest as his utterance can wreck havoc in the country . Even if Nigerian were to break, will it be along the religious or ethnic line? Kaduna weather southern or northern,will remain part of north, how the hell is the bishop's call for disintegration the solution to the Kaduna's problem
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 13, 2017
StarBukola:
disappointed? when he is making money?
So if I'm making ad money from people who make me embarrassed to call myself Nigerian, I shouldn't be disappointed, right? Open your eyes and look further than your stomach.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Edmanpumpin(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

Sigh.

It getsorn.

slowpoke, so you are still here.
Eyahhhh.... sorry ehn, please don't go and jump into a dry well o.
Try see a Psychiatric Doctor soon.
Your case is beyond redemption.

Or better still, receive Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Saviour today, and am sure all the Bitterness, Madness and Curses which turned you to a bully will be gone.

Sorry dear..... What a pity.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Caleycash(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
You are not serious, u mean I should be calm while am being killed?!, my friend even the Children of Israel fought many battles!!!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by easterwick(m): 11:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Brothers stop the fight embrace each other
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Caleycash(m): 11:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Maximus85:

Short minded man. It's hard but God didn't want the death of sinners but for them to repent and be saved.

Paul was an example. Who was he before? A TERRORIST TO THE FULLEST. He came in contact with the word of God and he was transformed. What if this man was in Saul's time? He would have commanded is gullible followers to kill Paul. The same Paul preached the gospel more than any other disciples of Christ.

I wonder the god telling this man to kill terrorists.
So you er now wiser or what, so you think all this zombie terrorists will repent?... they ve got what the Bible call reprobate mind, so forget about repentance, they only know killing, so we should know killing as well!!!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by BushWickBill: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
Edmanpumpin:

slowpoke, so you are still here.
Eyahhhh.... sorry ehn, please don't go and jump into a dry well o.
Try see a Psychiatric Doctor soon.
Your case is beyond redemption.

Or better still, receive Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Saviour today, and am sure all the Bitterness, Madness and Curses which turned you to a bully will be gone.

Sorry dear..... What a pity.
You have to be kidding me.

Really?

If you are asking me to receive your own version of Christ after all the gutter language you spewed here, then I'd rather remain where I am, rather than join you and be associated with whatever evil spirit is tormenting you.

I gladly pass.

I cannot be tied to you for any reason in this your demented state.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by TerrorSquad147: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
donaldfafree:
shut up
bros make Dem no ban you ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by yomi96(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
seun is a clown, well I am not surprise no b atheist him be
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Ake1: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Devid Oyedepo is seeing frustrated. This is how Losers cry!. He has no link to God whatsoever if not how the man of god preaching man inhumanity to man? This is an incitement from devid oyedepo. He promised to open gate of hell to former president Jonathan's opponents and here he come to execute his assignments; inciting war!
He should be charged for terrorism. When boko Haram was killing Christians and Muslims destroying religion houses during Jonathan regime oyedepo didn't see anything bad because he was feeding fat from poorman's tithe and govt purse and he want that to continue.
Oyedepo and his gullible followers will live by their curse and God will restore peace to Nigeria.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by degamemaster(m): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
There are so many NNAMDI KANUs everywhere even in the but fear of persecution and prison have not let them speak up. Kudos to the true NNAMDI KANU for his brave mind and enlightening ability.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
If Northerners and Muslims believe Sharia should encompass the length and breadth of Nigeria.. it is because non-muslims keep quiet and go about their daily business like it does not matter to them.

It is both Political and Religious.. both cannot go out without the other. Oyedepo is only speaking with the voices of many who are too afraid to die.

Nigeria is at the cusp of a new Northern/Muslim Renaissance and the evidence of this is the appointment of Northern Muslims Fulani-Hausa to critical agencies in the country. With the Hierarchy established at the top, the other lower cadre of workers will simply be filled-up with Fulani-Hasua loyalists from NPA, NDA, Police, Army, Justice, Navy etc while the Christian majority steep in their shallow mentality of Turning the other cheek and acting the matured ones.. listen.. you are fighting with an illiterate, crude and extremely violent people.. don't they care about your peaceful mature outlook.. they will gank you like a chicken.

Keep looking at this phenomenon like a nollywood movie. one day the knife will be at your throat and you will realise to do what you failed to do all this while.. STAND UP AND SPEAK OUT
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by gnykelly(m): 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
Realdeals:

His he inciting his members to kill innocent people? NO! He's simply telling them to defend themselves against these known killers and criminals. If they come for YOU just lay down for them to slaughter YOU like Christmas chicken.

he said they should kill anything that looks like Muslim near his church
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by snailspeed: 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:

This is so wrong! Were was your anger at the genocide in Kaduna? Why is your anger only invoked when someone calls for people to defend themselves? This is just strange by some of you. You are encouraging the killers and trying to dampen the resolve of the victim? Why?

Secondly, what is happening in Nigeria is not persecution? Christians are not a minority group. This is an invasion. Its a war situation. And that it is totally different from the context of the verse you have quoted! You dont turn the other cheek in a war. You fight! So dont mislead the young ones to submit themselves to the tyrany of asmall murderous group!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by williaam(m): 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
so ask ursef y did God allowed the Israelite to kill other inhabitants on Canaan. Why did God tell Samuel to instruct Saul to destroy the Salutes. Think abt it
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by glossy6(f): 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Reprisals and counter reprisals, how do you think the circle of violence would be broken - especially with ppl like this pastor inciting and cheering them on?

Besides, the act of revenge is a culture that belongs to the Fulani; among the current warring parties hell bent on revenge, tell me who among them is suffering and calling out for outside help.

Pls be objective and use your brain; do not rely on the propaganda being spoon fed to you without questioning; there ppl out there profiting by inciting hate and disunity between Nigerians.

Then, this should be preached to both Muslims and Christians. No one like losing a relative. I did my primary school in Zonkwa, close to Zango Kataf and I know the " arne" treatment as young as i was. The religious hatred is deep rooted and so painful that even as an adult, I still remember vividly. So it is all about propaganda. We should all have freedom to worship what we want to worship, even if they are stones. Religion should not be a basis for judging any human. Let only God remain the ultimate judge
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by toonzay(m): 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
till Christians cease to exist Abi? even the Bible says God gave David, Joshua....and so many of these great Kings victory over their enemies. This battle is physical....these enemies won't repent.... enough already! what nonsense?!
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
admax:
Trust Seun to comment on this type of story.

1. Good to see you quote the Bible, so what went wrong?

2. Christians don't worship Jesus for your information, we worship the Almighty God - Yahweh

Modified
: I see a lot of ignorant Christians quoting me to retract my 2nd point. So you people worship Jesus through God or what?!! when it was clear we worship God through Jesus the Christ!

This is why it's very important to attend Churches that teaches the word of God and not only those die by fire or miracles based ministries.
. Weda die by fire, water or what miracle church as long as its a living church n d word is preached, there's nothing wrong wif it. Na ur type dey make dis pple kill us like chicken.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by DangotePikin: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
psalmsjob:

Where we differ is that you believe God in addition to speaking to you directly spiritually that He can also send someone who should be regarded as superior to you or that person. I believe however, that all Christians are equal before God and the indwelling Holy Spirit makes the things of Christ or God known to believers because like the Bible said He is the Spirit of God and thus has been with Him from the beginning of time.

Do you agree that what he said that Christians should kill other people is literally unbecoming of a Christian? Yes or No!
I was not there so I don't know the context in which he made that statement. When it comes to men of God I usaully assume the best and give them a benefit of a doubt because there are instances when Bishop has been misquoted in the media that I experienced in real life. I saw a little clip on YouTube and from what I saw he was praying. If I pray that holy fire should kill any terrorist that wants to bring down the church of God, I don't think that is unchristianlike as long as I am using spiritual means to settle an earthly challenge. That being said anybody that take laws into his hands by physically killing or supporting the killing of people based on religion is not a Christian in my opinion. The law should take its course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.