Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? (5564 Views)

Breaking!! Check Out Buhari Latest Picture Fully Dress In Coat And Tie(pics) / Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex / Latest Picture Of Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by naijaking1: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2009
@ELRazur
What would you say if the president and commander-in-chief who gives orders for just about everything in this country is found to have an unsound mind or body? History is strewn with cases of mad kings and emperors and of course the outcome of their 'decisions':failure of the whole system. The difference between disease of the mind and body is very small, and that is the main reason why the commander-in-chief must be of unquestionably sound mind and body. Don't you have to be sure that the man ordering your children to war is not crazy--for example?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by nduchucks: 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2009
methinks pdp need to find another flagbearer for 2011. yar'adua no need dis kind stress when him get chronic illness like dis.

i wish say dem go tell us de real illness wey yar'adua get, de country deserves to know. may Allah grant him good health.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by ElRazur: 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes, it is true the media may have made it an obsession which we all know and understand, but we all know that is true. If he can't disclose his health predicaments, he should leave office but as long as he stays in office we are entitled to know his bill of health; if he knew so well he won't be able to expose his health issues, he shouldn't remain in public office.

This is the common misconception - the part in bold.

No you ain't entitle to know anything. It is not our right, even if he is in public office, his right to privacy over rules our obsession to know his state of health.

Let me give you an example or two. David Beckham suffers from Asthma, I never knew this until couple of days ago that he was pictured [again by the obsessive press] taking his Inhaler pump [medication and reliever for Asthma]. I am assuming you know about Asthma right? It can leave people almost useless, yet this have not in anyway affects david beckham's ability. If anything, he's proven longevity with his career.

Also he never disclosed this, you know why? It is his own private affairs and not for public consumption.  If am to use your logic, I guess he should have made it known to the fans, after all they pay his salary right?

The point I am trying to make here is this, Yar'dua performance as a president have not in anyway affected his ability to run his office and performs his duty. Before you go arguing that he do not turn up at certain events etc. It is normal and PART of his duties to nominate and delegate his duties to his assistant and co.  The key point here is that as long as the Job is done, we should not even raise this point at all.

Also remember that, there are measures in place to counteract and deal with him, if he is seen as becoming ineffective. So far, by the laws and rules laid in Nigeria's constitution, he is doing a fine job. smiley

naijaking1:

@ELRazur
What would you say if the president and commander-in-chief who gives orders for just about everything in this country is found to have an unsound mind or body? History is strewn with cases of mad kings and emperors and of course the outcome of their 'decisions':failure of the whole system. The difference between disease of the mind and body is very small, and that is the main reason why the commander-in-chief must be of unquestionably sound mind and body. Don't you have to be sure that the man ordering your children to war is not crazy--for example?

You are asking me question based on an IF SCENARIO. IF the time comes, I guess the measures set out to remove him will come into play.

For the record, one can have those reported ailments/illness and still leave a active and "normal" life. So far, there is nothing he's done to suggest he is a "mad ruler".
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by phuckNL: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2009
ElRazur:

This is the common misconception - the part in bold.

No you ain't entitle to know anything. It is not our right, even if he is in public office, his right to privacy over rules our obsession to know his state of health.

Let me give you an example or two. David Beckham suffers from Asthma, I never knew this until couple of days ago that he was pictured [again by the obsessive press] taking his Inhaler pump [medication and reliever for Asthma]. I am assuming you know about Asthma right? It can leave people almost useless, yet this have not in anyway affects david beckham's ability. If anything, he's proven longevity with his career.

Also he never disclosed this, you know why? It is his own private affairs and not for public consumption. If am to use your logic, I guess he should have made it known to the fans, after all they pay his salary right?

The point I am trying to make here is this, Yar'dua performance as a president have not in anyway affected his ability to run his office and performs his duty. Before you go arguing that he do not turn up at certain events etc. It is normal and PART of his duties to nominate and delegate his duties to his assistant and co. The key point here is that as long as the Job is done, we should not even raise this point at all.

Also remember that, there are measures in place to counteract and deal with him, if he is seen as becoming ineffective. So far, by the laws and rules laid in Nigeria's constitution, he is doing a fine job. smiley

You are asking me question based on an IF SCENARIO. IF the time comes, I guess the measures set out to remove him will come into play.

For the record, one can have those reported ailments/illness and still leave a active and "normal" life. So far, there is nothing he's done to suggest he is a "mad ruler".

This is the most ridiculous analogy i have ever seen in my entire life. Shame on you.
David Beckham is a football player and he has a right to his private life.
Yaradua on the other hand, has the fate and hopes of a population of 150 million people in his hands. His condition of heatlth is certainly our business.
An unfit man should not run the affairs of 150 million people. I hope you know there is a law that states that if the president is unfit to rule the nation, the vice president, along with the AG and some other top govt officials can remove him and make the VP the president.
YAradua''s health is a PUBLIC AFFAIR. If he wants it private, he shouldn't be president
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by ElRazur: 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
phuck_NL:

This is the most ridiculous analogy i have ever seen in my entire life. Shame on you.
David Beckham is a football player and he has a right to his private life.
Yaradua on the other hand, has the fate and hopes of a population of 150 million  people in his hands. His condition of heatlth is certainly our business.
An unfit man should not run the affairs of 150 million people. I hope you know there is a law that states that if the president is unfit to rule the nation, the vice president, along with the AG and some other top govt officials can remove him and make the VP the president.
YAradua''s health is a PUBLIC AFFAIR. If he wants it private, he shouldn't be president

smiley

There is nothing ridiculous about it. Your lack of acknowledgement is your prerogative am afraid.

You can deny it all you want, but the truth is there. Both are in the Public eyes and considered as important people in what they do, that is the crucial point. But I guess you missed that on purpose.

Again, there is no proof that he is unfit. I am tired of going round in circles. If you must know, people with Kidney problems [if what the press is reporting is to be believed about Yar'dua] can live a "normal" life with the adequate care. Seeing that he is an important public figure person, I am willing to bet that he is having the best care he can get.

Again, the question I posed to others I am posing to you. Please explain to me as to how an obsession with his health over-rules his right to privacy? I mean using your logic and those of others, you will want to know where he does his "number two" the number of women he sleeps with and what he wear on a daily basis. . . . After all, he is a leader of 150million?

Ironically, most of you that are quick to point out that he is a Public figure, tend to forget that there are procedures in place if and when he comes unfit to govern the nation any more.

Finally, using one of your logic again. . . . If you knew Beckham had Asthma from the age of six, you will probably have stopped him from playing football. . . .After all, in your eyes he is unfit? I mean what is there to stop people who have disability one way or the other? I mean, next time we will just elect a "God" as a president. That way, he will never fall sick or suffer from any ailments. . . .ever?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by phuckNL: 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2009
^^^^^

Don't be foolish. The role of a president can not be compared to a football player in any way whatsover.
Football fans are fans of footballers out of pleasure and thats why they monitor them.

YOU MONITOR YOUR bleeping PRESIDENT because any move he makes can/will affect the livelihood of millions.
This is Nigeria we are talking about. Yaradua did not fall ill while in office. He had been diagnosed before assuming office. Greed and mere foolishness made him "accept" the job.
You state it as if kidney problem is not an issue. For a President, it is. Get dat in your BIG HEAD. The stress involved with the presidency is enough to "crash a healthy kidney not to talk of a half-baked one"
He has travelled for treatment about 4 times in the last 3months or so, spending at least 4 days away from home.
There are hot issues at home right now that we need him to address.
A President should be able to wake about at 3am and address national issues. Yaradua on the other hand is always undergoing some dialysis or whatever.
Stop it already. It is not by force. there are people that are hale and hearthy that can do the job.
He should resign and take care of his family with whats left of his life. i mean, from his skin, you can tell that his kidneys and possibly liver are undergoing issues.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by naijaking1: 5:02pm On Nov 26, 2009
@ELRazur
Sometimes we reason with our hearts instead of our brains, right now these arguments you're pushing about the secrecy of our presidnt's health shows you're reasoning with your anus.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by janboy(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
Luks lik one wit d VIH(RHS).what a country.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by eko4show(m): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2009
javascript:void(0);regrettably and unfortunately, the picture strikes me as a true representation of the Nigeria state
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by selencious(f): 1:37am On Feb 02, 2010
Is this 4real? May God have mercy upon him. I hope he becomes a better president and makes the best of the rest of his days on earth; cos it looks like he's dying.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by mamagee3(f): 2:12am On Feb 02, 2010
Yaradua looks more like an AIDS patient than a real president.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by Samfar: 4:10am On Feb 02, 2010
It's just a pity, this president of ours never value his life the way we do.How on earth will a man values power than his life?He personally subjected himself to public ridicules.I pity him less,'cos his acting like a fool.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by jumobi1(m): 4:28am On Feb 02, 2010
The reason people say crazy things about the president is because they love Nigeria more than they love him. If Yar'Adua agreed to leave, people would actually wish him well. I understand peoples frustration. I wish him well but i wish Nigeria better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Power Plants, Wasteful - Ngige / Nigerians ,Represent Your State Of Origin / Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.