Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Delayed Diagnosis - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Delayed Diagnosis (165154 Views)

Delayed Elation (what Will Be Will Be) / The Diagnosis (episode 1) / Destiny Delayed But Unchanged By Oduniyi Olajide David…… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Mickeysho(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2017
Have always been a ghost reader on nairaland but this story changed that. my anscestors ll be angry if i dont comment.

2 Likes

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Silensa(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2017
not going to happen
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Silensa(m): 10:20am On Jun 10, 2017
queenitee:

Take your Olivia and leave my Rex alone

I am sorry, but from what Oga Souloho said previously, both can't be separated unless in death and since Rex is forming strong-head, the best thing for him is to die believing that he is saving the world and also doing me a favour.
finally finally Olivia sweety become mine.

everyone will be happy. don't you think?
no one will miss him even if he dies.
Souloho over to you

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Silensa(m): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2017
Maryclaire1:
( no talk that thing again ooo tongue

sorry, (ndo, kpele, pole sana, spiacente: add more words for sorry cos it is now your name) for you, I have already made a pact with Oga Souloho and he is of the same view with Me that Rex must die. who am I to say no?
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by queenitee(f): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Silensa:

I am sorry, but from what Oga Souloho said previously, both can't be separated unless in death and since Rex is forming strong-head, the best thing for him is to die believing that he is saving the world and also doing me a favour.

Souloho over to you
Die kwa? Olivia should die jare, she should go and meet her husband in heaven.
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by rachealfst(f): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2017
Rex and brain are 5&6 he saved the day again. Me I still rep Olirex o @queenitee.
Thanks for the update soul, happy weekend everyone.

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Bleeze2: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
Silensa:

Souloho over to you
that can't be remember this is a narrative story which we assume rex has survived all d ordeals but is now telling his story

2 Likes

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Maryclaire1(f): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
Silensa:

sorry, (ndo, kpele, pole sana, spiacente: add more words for sorry cos it is now your name) for you, I have already made a pact with Oga Souloho and he is of the same view with Me that Rex must die. who am I to say no?
Yimu..Abi na your name be sorry sef.maybe you are on the same page with another Souloho tongue Cos the souloho i know the one writing delayed diagnosis wont let Rex die smiley.souloho19 I dey hail ooo...do happy weekend for us naaa. wink

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by queenitee(f): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
rachealfst:
Rex and brain are 5&6 he saved the day again. Me I still rep Olirex o @queenitee.
Thanks for the update soul, happy weekend everyone.
Silensa wants me to rep Rex alone but never mind, olirex go win
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Olamega78(m): 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
Soulhoho.... I only praise from the depth of my heart... Can't just place your rank in the world of literature but, I believe that you should be amongst the forerunners... You are a talent to reckon with... Please, keep up the talent and never look back... More ink to your magic pen.... God bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by BlissfulJeff(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
weldone bro.nice update

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Countrygirl(f): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
I trust Rex jare, he's very smart. Nice update as always .
Waiting for more updates souloho.

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Chinnybaby99: 12:23am On Jun 12, 2017
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by forzarush(f): 8:52am On Jun 12, 2017
No matter what happens,remember you have a huge Fan in me. You keep getting better Souloho. Mods, please don't ban our dear friend again o!

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Cindymorgan(f): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
Dedicated to CindyMorgan - happy birthday (don't ask me how I knew wink )
that's so sweet of you,but how do you know.
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Bleeze2: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2017
Well done, soulho
Pls we are 'salivating' for d next update o

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Ayomicome(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
Wow...this is the most amazing story on NL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by rchilee: 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
Please update

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:13am On Jun 14, 2017
souloho19:
I stared at the timer for what seemed like eternity, looking dumbstruck.
Where would I get the last digit from? What do I do? What.....
Was this the end? Was this how I was going to die? No...there had to be a way..I had to figure something out....
Beep beep!
Two short beeps brought my eyes to the timer. It read: 00:00:58
Christ! Less than a minute left...I didn't want to die! Not like this..there was my parents...I couldn't believe I wouldn't see them again, my sisters,my nephews and nieces..I was their favourite uncle and the thought of not seeing them again, fake boxing with the older ones and throwing the younger ones in the air was a painful thought...too painful...the worst was not seeing Olivia again..being robbed off the possible future we could have together....
Get a grip of yourself! A voice scolded me and I shook the thoughts out of my head and blinked rapidly.
00:00:33
I needed to think back....
The night I had seen Mr X, he had been swift in giving me the phony code...too swift and I had wondered if he had given me a fake one.
He had acted a bit creepy and I had been in a haste to leave his house but now I thought back to his attitude.....the line about his daughter being an interior designer had seemed to get under his skin and he told me the code after that...but something in the way he said it...
I looked at the timer....00:00:19
What if he had given me the code and the same time withheld it from me?
"My God what am saying?" I thought aloud..but the hasty countdown couldn't let me consider my mental state..
Instead I forced myself to think back...
What if he wanted to free his conscience considering his daughters memories but at the same time his bitterness wouldn't let him let go easily..
I thought hard, shutting my eyes..
He had said 386...what if he meant..3-8-6..
Three eight six...
Three eight....three eight....eight in three places...then six?
Beep beep!
I opened my eyes in horror: 00:00:08
The countdown was at its final stage..I raised my finger slowly..
There was no other choice...if I was wrong, I was dead anyway...if I didn't risk it I was also dead..
I keyed the first two letters:
8 8 _ _
00:00:05
8 8 8 _
00:00:03
8 8 8 6
I squeezed my eyes shut expecting to hear the beep or any sound..when there was silence, I opened one eye first then the other.
The timer read; 00:00:02
Two breathless seconds after it still read: 00:00:02
It had worked!
My knees were suddenly weak and I melted to the floor.
I breathed in and out deeply, trying to calm my racing pulse.
Then slowly I got to my feet..I had just saved everybody in the hall...including the chief...but it was time to take him down.
I brought out my phone and dialled the last called number.
He picked up on the first ring.
"Hello...Obasi!"
"Short Sam...do it now"
"Yes boss...your number one hacker is on the job!"

The hall had about two gigantic screens that displayed every event in the hall that was caught by the videographers and my hacker pal was about to scramble their signal and work some magic.
The interview from the morning was going to be displayed on the two 90 inch projector screens any minute from now

Now that the immediate danger was passed, I took a deep breathe and straightened my bow tie.
I tried desperately to calm down and slow my heart rate...the worst was over, I needed to get to the main hall...I couldn't miss the show.
I shut the cage and headed out. There was a resounding round of applause as the group of women who were no doubt aboutto perform a dance routine all filed and hurried out.
I followed them a little way behind and retrieved my cart from where I had abandoned it earlier.
None of the technical committee paid any attention to me, I guess the fact that the Governor was in attendance required all their attention. They couldn't afford the tiniest mistake.
One of them glanced up briefly and I wheeled my cart backwards like that had been my intention all along. I dropped two bottles of wine and a carton of juice on a nearby table.
They didn't acknowledge either but kept frowning into space, holding the headphones to their ears like the fate of the whole world depended on whatever it was they were listening to.
I didn't care. I was feeling elated!
I whistled and went about my modest job of supplying refreshments to the important guests in the hall.

The cultural drums were beaten with expertise, the flutes were blown swiftly and the women were putting up a show stopping performance.
I kept on glancing at the screen every now and then, waiting to see scenes from the interview and to see my old face as I spoke about the secrets of the initiative and the chief.

Nothing yet!
What the hell is wrong with short Sam? I thought to myself....what's taking him so long?
"Heeees....can you do your fucking job and give me a bottle?" A young girl(couldn't have been more than 20) asked me rudely.
I compiled, thinking to myself about all these spoilt rich kids who were mannerless.
As I placed the bottle on the table, I lookedher over. It was Ada
Somehow she ddidn't notice me this time, or to be more precise, her attention was on the young man by her side. She had stars in her eyes, and was clinging on to his arm and apparently onto every word he said.
I did my job and moved on, still glancing worriedly at the screen...the time was about ten minutes past noon.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
I have only seen the Governor on the TV, on the posters or on the TV. And to be frank, I have never thought twice about meeting him or held any special importance to seeing his face physically and in the flesh. However, I found myself almost nose to nose with the Governor himself as I served his table with the best champagne I had in my cart.
He didn't notice me, I was invincible. His wife the first lady of Lagos state was beside him, whispering something in his ear about the performance and he was smiling and looking eagerly, trying to see whatever it was she was showing him.
I hurried out of the way. Before I get locked up for blocking his Excellency's view.
I ran straight into the Chief's stare.
Once upon a time, his daughter had seen through my old man disguise and recognised me, and now few weeks later, it seemed the Chief had acquired the gift all of a sudden. He was looking at me in disbelief, with his mouth wide open. He looked liked he had seen a ghost.
His wife, the honourable Mrs Benita, noticed the way he was looking, glanced at me then at him.
"What's the matter?" I read her lips perfectly.
He didn't reply.
I didn't know what was wrong, I was just an overage waiter, in a crisp white shirt and a waste coat doing my humble job.
I dropped bottles on the table but I couldn't resist, I leaned into the Chief as I passed by,
"Enjoy the show....Amumike"
It was just like I planned it with short Sam. As I turned away, there was a short gasp from the crowd...the cultural drummers lost their rhythm and I heard the Chief's wide gasp "oh my God!"
I smiled and continued my job.

The mc took over...the dancers were still dancing away, but nobody was paying attention to them. They were all focused on the hundreds of women on the screen.
"please...we seem to be experiencing some kind of technical problem" the Mc spoke into the mike.
He must have switched it on and activated the loud speakers and that must have been what Short Sam just have been waiting for.
The audio was activated immediately...with a loud screech that everyone held his/her war instinctively.

"....were kidnapped and held in a container like sardines...the Chief...Chief Amunike...he has been trafficking widows like us for over ten years through the widows initiative sham owned and run by his wife..."
I looked around the hall, trying to gauge the reaction from the crowd...at first it seemed they were annoyed at the invasion, the dance routine was quite interesting after all, but with time, as the words began to sink in....there was a captivated air around the hall and every where was dead silent. Even the ushers and waiters all seemed to stop all movement.

When the narrator took over...speaking as the video captured all the women in their little groups and large numbers, there was another gasp from the crowd as they all began to grasp exactly what was happening.
I had my gazed fixed on the 'high' table all along and I saw the Governor and another person I tool to be the commissioner of education glance at the chief for one worrying second before glueing their eyes back to the gigantic screen.
For the first time I released a deep breath I hadn't even been holding...or maybe I had been holding it for so long...probably from the moment I had snatched the papers from the Chief's house of operations...the breath seemed to say...it is over...or at least almost over.
I stood fixated like everyone else, watching and listening while the chief and his wife squirmed in their seat.

When the widows all broke into a round of applause and the camera zoomed into my haggard and old face, with the narrator announcing me as the hero who had hunted and taken down the initiative and saved the women from the uncertain but gruesome fate ahead, I turned slowly and headed for the entrance.
My job here was done..I wasn't interested in any recognition...so long as the Chief was exposed, I was fine with that.
Right now, I had two of my friends in the hospital, a shadow and and executive strapped up in a particular flat somewhere in the mainland, and most important of all...I had Olivia waiting for me.
I was going home.

13 Likes

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by queenitee(f): 12:31am On Jun 14, 2017
Rex rex my love

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:39am On Jun 14, 2017
queenitee:
Rex rex my love

Lol..sorry for the delay..pls check back in the morning..still modifying...infact #nosleepingtonyt
BTW..u no dey sleep sha.. cheesy
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:40am On Jun 14, 2017
Mickeysho:
Have always been a ghost reader on nairaland but this story changed that. my anscestors ll be angry if i dont comment.

Lol...God bless you for commenting bro..thanks a million
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by queenitee(f): 12:43am On Jun 14, 2017
souloho19:

Lol..sorry for the delay..pls check back in the morning..still modifying...infact #nosleepingtonyt
BTW..u no dey sleep sha.. cheesy
Ahn ahn, oya lemme go and sleep. Can't wait for tomoor tomorrow morning o, can't wait. * dancing*

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:46am On Jun 14, 2017
Maryclaire1:
Yimu..Abi na your name be sorry sef.maybe you are on the same page with another Souloho tongue Cos the souloho i know the one writing delayed diagnosis wont let Rex die smiley.souloho19 I dey hail ooo...do happy weekend for us naaa. wink

No vex Claire..this is more like happy mid week...its been too too long..would make up for it tho. I'm now living in the sun cheesy
Lol...silensa just let Olivia go biko..besides the stress is too much..do you have strength to be pushing wheelchair up and down grin

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:49am On Jun 14, 2017
Olamega78:
Soulhoho.... I only praise from the depth of my heart... Can't just place your rank in the world of literature but, I believe that you should be amongst the forerunners... You are a talent to reckon with... Please, keep up the talent and never look back... More ink to your magic pen.... God bless

Boss..I can only thank you from the depth of my heart also..believe me there's always something special about ur comments. Jah bless you a million times a billion times
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:51am On Jun 14, 2017
forzarush:
No matter what happens,remember you have a huge Fan in me. You keep getting better Souloho. Mods, please don't ban our dear friend again o!

Madam Sforza longest time, rili glad to see ur comment thanks a bunch..how's the baby(ies)
Take care and God bless
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:54am On Jun 14, 2017
Cindymorgan:
Dedicated to CindyMorgan - happy birthday (don't ask me how I knew wink )

that's so sweet of you,but how do you know.

Saw you viewing in ghost mode ( angry )and checked ur profile.Tnx for following smiley
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by souloho19(m): 12:57am On Jun 14, 2017
rchilee:
Please update

Yes boss sorry for the delay..
Its 'delayed' diagnosis after all cheesy

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Toyin223(f): 2:18am On Jun 14, 2017
Tank U
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by Auric(m): 2:20am On Jun 14, 2017
hands akimbo till in the morning...
Re: Delayed Diagnosis by tenderblaze(f): 6:50am On Jun 14, 2017
I just can't hold it anymore so I av to say this Mr Soul cos u av really forced me to comment. believe it or not delayed diagnosis is an amazing piece. been following it back to back. Thumbs up bro. more ink to ur pen..... Updates plzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Delayed Diagnosis by KELVONISTIC: 7:16am On Jun 14, 2017
Fucking long

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes / THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / unHOLY MATRIMONY

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.