Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Embrace your Marital Script. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Embrace your Marital Script. (11856 Views)

Signs To Prove Your Marital Life Is Spiritually Affected / Let's Know Your Marital Status (pic) / #WorldSexualPurityDay: Nigerian Couple Who Avoided Pre-Marital Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by Alitair(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
cool
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by dhardline(m): 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
True talk nwanne
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 02, 2017
I think more people prepare for the "wedding" and not the "marriage".

1 Like

Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by opribo(m): 12:49am On Mar 02, 2017
Truly is it really worth the whole hype these days considering the high rate of divorce and infidelity amongst married couples. In some societies marriage is fast becoming extinct, people just have kids and move on with their lives nobody wants the others bullsh1t.

So in my mind, I think it would be a good idea if people will procreate rather than fool ourselves and deceive eachother people should just checkout whoever they like and produce children so the world may go on. This in my humble opinion will save us a lot from the marital troubles of this world.
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by tonyfran: 1:07am On Mar 02, 2017
Marriage is a whole lot.but with this generation it has lost its sacredness. I have learnt one thing in life we don't have to follow traditions. It isn't a MUST for all of us to marry. Love is a verb not a noun.
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by iswallker(m): 1:19am On Mar 02, 2017
God pls give me a script like that of dangote, adenuga, tinubu.. smiley

I will embrace it with all my heart.. smiley
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by AreaFada2: 3:24am On Mar 02, 2017
Mutuwa:
There is always wisdom when you love the girl that you marry than to marry the girl you love.
Well, it is either you love a person or you don't. What happens if you manage to love & the love runs out? It actually does sometimes you know. Do not buy into that Hollywood idea of love and happy ever after. It is hard work sustaining love, with kids, career, different kinds of pressures, etc.

These days that many people rely on their head than heart when seeking a spouse, knowing who loves you genuinely is becoming rocket science.

Our ancestors were much wiser. Love was a matchmaking process (and you have the choice of refusing some matches). It might not be very romantic but it worked. It was about duty, commitment and dedication. Something many couples cannot achieve these days. Many frown upon it but they stay single for ages, and most eventually do not even get to marry the man/woman they dreamed of and waited for, for so long.
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by Toks2008(m): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2017
opribo:
Truly is it really worth the whole hype these days considering the high rate of divorce and infidelity amongst married couples. In some societies marriage is fast becoming extinct, people just have kids and move on with their lives nobody wants the others bullsh1t.

So in my mind, I think it would be a good idea if people will procreate rather than fool ourselves and deceive eachother people should just checkout whoever they like and produce children so the world may go on. This in my humble opinion will save us a lot from the marital troubles of this world.

Hmmm!
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by SURElee(f): 7:32am On Mar 02, 2017
Wise words from you. Thanks man. Waoh! Blown away this morning.
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by Toks2008(m): 8:52am On Mar 02, 2017
SURElee:
Wise words from you. Thanks man. Waoh! Blown away this morning.

You are most welcome sis and a bigger thanks to lalasticlala for putting it on Frontpage.
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by Akinaukwa: 8:56am On Mar 02, 2017
That's a lovely write-up. The world of imitation has really dulled many brains. We can only be better off when we stand by our personality.
Re: Embrace your Marital Script. by GreatManBee: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2017
Toks2008:
Often times when it comes to getting married,many Guys and ladies have specific plans,dreams,fantasies and they try so hard to make it a reality.

We see different cases where some men propose in different locations and in different manners...some go on their knee while some interrupt public shows to propose and one football player got a card because he proposed to his lady during the game and not forgetting the pre-wedding pics,the choice location for the wedding,the glamor and so on and this has made many ladies and guys have a specific mindset of how theirs should be and if it does not turn out the way they want...they get so curled up in emotional sullenness.

This write up is to encourage ladies as well as guys never to look at the marital script of another as a yardstick for theirs because just as every actor on a stage have different scripts...we as actors in the world stage do have different scripts and we must learn to embrace it not only in our marital journey but in all aspects of life.

The fact that your friend had her man propose to her in a big way does not mean yours must do same and the fact that your friend had her wedding in Dubai does not make you a second class bride if you choose to have yours in the open field opposite your house in the village.

-If your man proposes in the closet without any ring and you want to be with him...EMBRACE IT

-If your man says he does not want an elaborate wedding and you want to be with him...EMBRACE IT

-If you had dreamt of having children after marriage but you find yourself becoming a single mum please don't despair...EMBRACE IT.

-Your friends are getting married every week and you are well advanced in age and you begin to ask yourself what is going on...please relax and stop being hard on yourself...EMBRACE your story and be positive.

-If you ever find yourself virtually proposing marriage to your man please...EMBRACE your script....not all married ladies were proposed to.

The epitome of this write up is that you must brace up to embrace your marital journey which ever way it presents itself but by trying to use the script of another, you may end up missing your path.

A good marriage is not defined by the one day glamour or by how young or old the couple is at the time of wedding so stop competing and stop comparing..

It's your life,your journey,your script...EMBRACE IT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLVED! / Ladies ₦500,000 Every Month Will You Marry This Guy With His Belly?(Photo) / What I Am Watching When She Is Praying (adult Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.