Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" (51013 Views)

Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / Photos Of The Six Nigerian Red Cross Workers Killed In Rann Air Strike Borno / Boko Haram Fleeing 4rm Sambisa Forest Following Air Strike By Soldiers(pix,video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by nabegibeg: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
All the innocent lives that were lost in previous misfires how many was sacked?

Make una kip qwayet
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by wayray: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
Its very simple, he should mistakenly RESIGN or HANG himself.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by information1: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by uche77zero(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
As much as, we want to condemn the pilot for the grave error that he had done in the wrong dropping of the bomb on the IDP camp. I would also want to remember the pilot and his family at a time like this. His wife would always be remembered as the wife of the pilot that killed many at the IDP camps.
His many successful campaigns in this fight against the insurgents has just been erased off with this error that might not even be his. I pray that God grants him the strength to go through this moment.
Guess what He is a brother to someone, a father to a child, a husband to a woman, a son to a mother and a friend to many.
Most importantly, May God give the family of the dead fortitude to bear the loss and the dead, REST.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by mosho2good: 8:08am On Jan 18, 2017
The bomb should have been test first on his body before they fly the jet
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by bettercreature(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.
After all they already gat innocent bloods on their hands.
That is the right thing to do but people don't resign in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by alaskido(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Bunch of useless and careless soldiers. Nigeria we dey hail o.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Bahddo(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2017
I don't know why but I don't believe it was a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by ayindejimmy(m): 8:09am On Jan 18, 2017
Let's not get it twisted.

The commander directed the pilot to fire at BH and the pilot mistakenly fired at the innocent people at the IDP camp

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by haryothosyn93(m): 8:09am On Jan 18, 2017
No safety again. oh my country, what a pity to those we think we are there when we are far far away from there.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2017
angry
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by idupaul: 8:11am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows

No Nigerian jet is currently armed with any smart or guided munition , they currently depend on inertia to hit targets

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by pacino26(m): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2017
I am not getting this at all. A defeated terrorist group that still requires the air support to suppress?

What is happening eh. We are already conversant with ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE from the ground forces. The Air Force just joined the reggae. I bet the navy one time wiped out a riverside community in Delta and blamed it on stored petroleum products.

Someone needs to be held for this innocent blood letting.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2017
ofonja
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by ayindejimmy(m): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2017
nabegibeg:
All the innocent lives that were lost in previous misfires how many was sacked?

Make una kip qwayet

You speak as if this sort of error occurs weekly
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by onelife97: 8:12am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.
Nigerian official?resign? no way!

Dalung and other officials with their insensitive comments towards the angry populaCe still holding their offices as CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by laffwitmi: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2017
Yes, you are right...After their 8 years in office grin grin
mykeljosef:
when will we accidentally remove the likes of buhari and kemi and emiefele dem
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Aburi001: 8:15am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
Last week it was "accidental discharge" inside Aso Rock.

Yesterday, another "Accidental discharge" at IDP camp.

I pray by next week we won't hear about another "Accidental discharge" at Social gathering, ATM/Banking halls, Market Square etc?
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by repogirl(f): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2017
Lies! Lies! Lies!

He said the fighter jet misfired and he said they fired on the terrorists but they didn't know civilians were in the area....Which one is it biko?

If it misfired? Did it also misfire in the terrorists?

The truth is that they didn't bother to know if the area was secure before going to drop the bomb. This is probably how they have been killing others but because International red cross is involved,they are now forming stories that don't add up.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by sherozy(m): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2017
this guy f up wetin u for direct go Aso rock.... sho I nor say u get this kind talent oh... after some shekpe and gbana u come dey mix every. weldone sir
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by nabegibeg: 8:16am On Jan 18, 2017
ayindejimmy:

You speak as if this sort of error occurs weekly

The accidental discharge that killed people and the innocent lives taking in borno and yobe by military how many did u hear in the news ?

You talk as if this is the only time it happened

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by chiefoluigwe(m): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2017
Mekzyzeus:

Don't mind them bro!
Apparently they don't know that coordinates of the targets are supplied to the pilot, who then engages the guided weapons based on the target coordinates.
Most comments here are so unreasonable that it shrinks my brain grin

Thank you.. A lot of people are acting like the airforce just woke up and decided to bomb the IDP. It is a very big and costly mistake, yes, investigate and hold the responsible people liable, yes, but stop overflogging this issue.

Why are people talking like our military incompetent. It is really annoying

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Ichel: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
Resign? Come on dude, are you not a nigerian? Hardly do nigerians resign willingly.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Icon4s(m): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2017
Ten12:
Is it not this same man that captured bh flag and Koran in place of shekarau? Incompetence is writing all over him anyway

undecided

Incompetency is written all over this your comment.

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by nams77: 8:18am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows
So tell us about system malfunction. A missile will malfunction and release itself? If truly there is a malfunction, the launch system will refuse to deploy the missile, that's what happens. There are enough checks in the missile system that curtails accidental discharge so the pilot and lucky irabor should take the blame for not doing proper Intel and reconnaissance.what really happened was that a wrong info/coordinates where passed to the boss who feed same to pilot

6 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by jidxin(m): 8:18am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
nope he cant be court martiald cos he acted under instructions
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by dejavubobo1(m): 8:18am On Jan 18, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
the pilot deserved this
Don't blame the pilot.. this what u get wen u get fighter jet from Pakistan. Hope u saw d useless jets some months ago

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by jimbson: 8:19am On Jan 18, 2017
Ten12:
Is it not this same man that captured bh flag and Koran in place of shekarau? Incompetence is writing all over him anyway
At a I almost tut that bh stands for Buhari... ... Bh = boko haram bh = Buhari ... Or are u thinking that am thinking wat u are thinking? grin

4 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Tic4tac(m): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2017
hmmm...
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by HarveySpecter1: 8:22am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:

What silly system malfunction? So next time, they will bomb a populated part of Lagos and claim system malfunction.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Dexema(m): 8:23am On Jan 18, 2017
Mekzyzeus:

Don't mind them bro!
Apparently they don't know that coordinates of the targets are supplied to the pilot, who then engages the guided weapons based on the target coordinates.
Most comments here are so unreasonable that it shrinks my brain grin

Despite that being said, this is still a shitty situation that will forever taint the image of the men involved and the Nigerian army as a whole. Just imagine, a suicide attack killing 4 yesterday in University of Maiduguri and then the army kills over 50 the same day.
We just hope for the best, this should also be a practical lesson for the NA on how little errors can lead to colossal damage when using modern day guided weapons.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by CanadianNurse: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2017
Please be reasonable for once! Boko haram is not written on their face.... Since most of them are Hausa and even most of the terrorists are from that village or neighboring places they can conveniently mix up with civilian. Oya tell me if u go to that camp now and see 100 dead bodies how do you want to differentiate boko haram and ordinary civilian.?

I am very sorry for the innocent lives lost, may their soul rest in peace

But we should understand that In a war like this, things like this are bound to happen late last year in the battle for mosul a misfired airstrike from the "Almighty USA ARMY" killed their ally Iraqi soldiers

PPlease all the government needs is constructive criticism and subjective minds

Nigeria can be like Canada, USA and other world countries..... Nigeria is what Nigerians make it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Adebayo Shittu: Some Of Tinubu’s Female Ministers Dress Like Beauty Contestants / FULL LIST Of Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.