Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" (51014 Views)

Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / Photos Of The Six Nigerian Red Cross Workers Killed In Rann Air Strike Borno / Boko Haram Fleeing 4rm Sambisa Forest Following Air Strike By Soldiers(pix,video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by stinechykee: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows
And I put it to you that the pilot is a BH in disguise just as GEJ cried then that BH has infiltrated in his govrrnment but nobody listened because APC was the party that created BH to destabilise GEJ government

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by stinechykee: 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
We all know that most of the Soldiers are BH infiltrators or sympathetic to BH and the high time for we Nigerians know this the better for us as for Zombies who always support every negative actions thier Islamic extremist call PMB take say weldone to them
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
... Which terrorists? The same man that declared that Nigeria has won the war. Now I remembered when former chief of army staff, Mr Ihejirika was recording a tremendous success against the insurgency but was labelled all sorts of names by the northern oligarchy due to tribalism and their tacit support for boko boys. Now that this tragedy is ordered by a South South man, what saith thou the northern oligarchy?

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by itznewmann(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
Sir commander should be more cautious.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by TheAdvocate(m): 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
So the Nigerian Army doesn't know an IDP camp?
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by chiefoluigwe(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

Nigerian military are one of the most unprofessional, incompetent and useless military in the world. The only time they flex their muscles is against hapless and unarmed civilians...

If not for foreign assistance, the Nigerian military can never win any battle, talk more of war...

You obviously know nothing about the Nigerian military and are only prejudiced by current happenings in the country. So there's really nothing to say to you about this
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by TheRealestGuy(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
chiefoluigwe:

You obviously know nothing about the Nigerian military and are only prejudiced by current happenings in the country. So there's really nothing to say to you about this

I see you who knows everything about the military...

Keep living in denial and delusion...
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by stevemarkdangot(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
idupaul:
He should resign and tell that to a panel of enquiry
for Naija? kole werk

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Csami:
Na lie.

Since the past weeks, we've been getting news of how the Nigerian army have been victorious against BH sect, killing them in their numbers while taking one or two casualties.
This means to an extent a large area of the state should be safe and with tight security right!? Which also should mean that the IDP camp that house BH victims should be a safe place and miles away from any gunfight or BH invasion!?
So this mudafvcker should tell us what a fighter jet was doing so close to a safe zone and at the same time releasing it's payload on refugees killing more than 50 persons?

Either the government have been lying to us (never trusted them anyway) or the government killed them on purpose.

How most of u think surprise me. First they got information that boko haram was going to that location. No matter how safe a place is terrorist can attack. Even in more developed countries like Germany terrorist attack them not to talk of borno that is very prone to attack, yes the army has made some significant victory, they have conquered camp zero which is boko haram strong hold, but that does not mean that boko haram has totally be defeated. Even America killing Osama bin ladin does mean America has defeated al qaeda.
Question people should be asking is how they got the Intel, and who gave them such Intel.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by lereinter(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.
After all they already gat innocent bloods on their hands.

you mean in war situations only the enemy will die.

its not really like that

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by lereinter(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... Which terrorists? The same man that declared that Nigeria has won the war. Now I remembered when former chief of army staff, Mr Ihejirika was recording a tremendous success against the insurgency but was labelled all sorts of names by the northern oligarchy due to tribalism and their tacit support for boko boys. Now that this tragedy is ordered by a South South man, what saith thou the northern oligarchy?
a biafrog sighted
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by chiefoluigwe(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

I see you who knows everything about the military...

Keep living in denial and delusion...

I don't know everything but i know i know a lot. It's what happens when you attend a military school and have a lot of friends in the military
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
NIGERIA IS A DEN OF DRAMA.....CHUKWU KEEP THOSE WHO ARE NEVER IN SUPPORT OF THIS GOBERNMENT AND NIGERIA
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by gemale(m): 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows
So are there not competent engineers and technicians in our armed forces? Part of preparation for flight would entail total check of the aircraft especially if it's carrying ordinance. Someone somewhere has to accept responsibility for negligence of duty. This is unacceptable.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by RZArecta(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
gemale:

So are there not competent engineers and technicians in our armed forces? Part of preparation for flight would entail total check of the aircraft especially if it's carrying ordinance. Someone somewhere has to accept responsibility for negligence of duty. This is unacceptable.
I read something this afternoon, explanations need to be made and heads must roll honestly. My mouth no dey there again
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by gemale(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
I read something this afternoon, explanations need to be made and heads must roll honestly. My mouth no dey there again
Abeg share wetin u read make we understand.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by sayfullah2020(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
After dem go say muslim people na boko haram, people stay dea own, u go trow bomb say na mistakeAfter dem go say muslim people na boko haram, people stay dea own, u go trow bomb say na mistakeAfter dem go say muslim people na boko haram, people stay dea own, u go trow bomb say na mistake
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Horus(m): 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNUclbHRyM8

Nigerian Air Force Kills Dozens In Air Strike On Refugee Camp MSF
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Mekzyzeus(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
chiefoluigwe:

Thank you.. A lot of people are acting like the airforce just woke up and decided to bomb the IDP. It is a very big and costly mistake, yes, investigate and hold the responsible people liable, yes, but stop overflogging this issue.

Why are people talking like our military incompetent. It is really annoying

Well said!
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Mekzyzeus(m): 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dexema:

Despite that being said, this is still a shitty situation that will forever taint the image of the men involved and the Nigerian army as a whole. Just imagine, a suicide attack killing 4 yesterday in University of Maiduguri and then the army kills over 50 the same day.
We just hope for the best, this should also be a practical lesson for the NA on how little errors can lead to colossal damage when using modern day guided weapons.

I totally agree with you. Tis a shitty situation and someone has to be held responsible, but definitely not the pilot (am presuming he fired based on the coordinates he got). A thorough internal investigation has to be done
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Mekzyzeus(m): 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
yaki84:

If the comments shrinks ur brain, go use raw alcohol mixed with concH2SO4 wash am!

If you intend trolling someone, at least say something intellectually interesting. Nonsense !!
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by schoolmaster: 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
only God knows how many innocent victims of casualties of war have died in the north east theatre of war in the name boko haram. what an expensive mistake. RIP to d dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Adebayo Shittu: Some Of Tinubu’s Female Ministers Dress Like Beauty Contestants / FULL LIST Of Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.