Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" (51008 Views)

Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / Photos Of The Six Nigerian Red Cross Workers Killed In Rann Air Strike Borno / Boko Haram Fleeing 4rm Sambisa Forest Following Air Strike By Soldiers(pix,video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows

Why do you bother to educate such people. Let them remain ignorant. It's bliss.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by gprincead(m): 8:26am On Jan 18, 2017
So unfortunate and unprofessional. Guess those criticizing USA for refusing to sell arms to Nigeria will now see the level of inhumanity in Nigeria

Listen to him. " it is a little bit disturbing "

Killing over 100 innocent civilians is a little bit disturbing. No wonder they don't blink while shooting peaceful ipob demonstrators.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by RZArecta(m): 8:27am On Jan 18, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

What silly system malfunction? So next time, they will bomb a populated part of Lagos and claim system malfunction.

it has happened in PH some years ago but luckily the bomb didn't explode

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by adimsmt: 8:28am On Jan 18, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
the pilot deserved this

The pilot has nothing to do with this tragedy he simply doing his job as commanded by his superiors. The problems to me shows how flaws our intelligence gathering are.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by timmydahpeace(f): 8:30am On Jan 18, 2017
i guess Nigeria is gradually loosing her integrity as a country......They can't capture Boko Haram but they can shed innocent blood in their name cry
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Funjosh(m): 8:30am On Jan 18, 2017
You wish.
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.
After all they already gat innocent bloods on their hands.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2017
Unfortunately these things happen. Just like the way the US air force accidentally bombed an MSF Hospital in Afghanistan some months ago. The fault doesnt lie with the pilot if he received coordinates and followed it accurately, the actual problem lies with the intelligence gathering. I also doubt if most of our fighter jets five video feedback to a dispatcher before firing at ground targets. I do hope this incident is investigated so the army can learn from this gravely mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by crisycent: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2017
nnachukz:
Which terrorists? The defeated ones?
What is happening in this country self?

The clueless government said "technically defeated"....maybe na we no understand them.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by RZArecta(m): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2017
nams77:

So tell us about system malfunction. A missile will malfunction and release itself? If truly there is a malfunction, the launch system will refuse to deploy the missile, that's what happens. There are enough checks in the missile system that curtails accidental discharge so the pilot and lucky irabor should take the blame for not doing proper Intel and reconnaissance.what really happened was that a wrong info/coordinates where passed to the boss who feed same to pilot
you still came to my point, I don't know much about fighter jets but I do know that no pilot would deliberately set out to bomb innocent civilians. The problem could most logically be bad intel as you suggested. The hierarchy should have known about civilian population in that vicinity, I still won't blame the pilot though

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by HarveySpecter1: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
it has happened in PH some years ago but luckily the bomb didn't explode

Then they should stop using war planes that malfunctions.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2017
So na Igbo order am.

Always bent on making things harder for Baba. The thunder that will fire you will come from the North.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by libson001(m): 8:34am On Jan 18, 2017
wehdonesir
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Vic99(m): 8:34am On Jan 18, 2017
why didn't he mistakenly shoot Aso rock, we would accept any explanation he gives

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by decub: 8:34am On Jan 18, 2017
Csami:
Na lie.

Since the past weeks, we've been getting news of how the Nigerian army have been victorious against BH sect, killing them in their numbers while taking one or two casualties.
This means to an extent a large area of the state should be safe and with tight security right!? Which also should mean that the IDP camp that house BH victims should be a safe place and miles away from any gunfight or BH invasion!?
So this mudafvcker should tell us what a fighter jet was doing so close to a safe zone and at the same time releasing it's payload on refugees killing more than 50 persons?

Either the government have been lying to us (never trusted them anyway) or the government killed them on purpose.

Thumbs up.

Your last paragraph: I take the former; they are serial liers. But you know what, Nigerians are gradually getting the real deal.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by chris31(m): 8:34am On Jan 18, 2017
Simply come out with heart touching apology letter & resign u will be a hero by doing this.
As for d pilot suspend him.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:35am On Jan 18, 2017
Mekzyzeus:

Don't mind them bro!
Apparently they don't know that coordinates of the targets are supplied to the pilot, who then engages the guided weapons based on the target coordinates.
Most comments here are so unreasonable that it shrinks my brain grin

Someone goofed and it doesn't matter whether it was the pilot or another incompetent scoundrel...

Nothing justifies the killing of refugees "accidentally"

I'm sure if your parents or siblings were there you wouldn't be spilling this trash from your gutter...

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Zane2point4(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2017
Thats blc of our outdated and useless untrained amd not technologically up to date pilots,
This is a picture of a targeting pod atttached underneath current fighter jets, it can see more than average mobile phone camera, it has infared, night vision, sees even in most odious situations like sand storm and heavy fog.
So i just laugh when the usless govt said collecteral damage.

They money all these ministers use in buying 2016 landcruiser can buy 5 of these pods.

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by nams77: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
you still came to my point, I don't know much about fighter jets but I do know that no pilot would deliberately set out to bomb innocent civilians. The problem could most logically be bad intel as you suggested. The hierarchy should have known about civilian population in that vicinity, I still won't blame the pilot though
Exactly. I thought you were hinging the blame on the launch system. The bottom line is that this is a costly mistake and lives have been lost. In fact the number of people dying needless death in this country is reaching alarming proportion

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by unapologetic: 8:43am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.

.if the pilot was your blood brother, what would your own judegement be?
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by pannyman(m): 8:43am On Jan 18, 2017
The accident is highly regrettable and really sad. It is sadder still when people come online and pen reactions as if such an incident is unheard of. Please google "collateral damage" and find out what it means. In many theatres of war such accidents happen where residential areas, hospitals and other civilian areas get hit by mistake. Even outside war zones it happens.

For example, in 1983 a Soviet fighter accidentally shot down a South Korean Airlines Boeing 747, killing 269 passengers and crew. The pilot thought it was an US Air Force jet. In 1988 a US Navy ship shot down an Iranian airliner killing 290 people, mistaking the plane for an Iranian F-14 Tomcat.

People should realise that a war is not a picnic, and that things can go wrong from time to time. Human beings make mistakes but life must go on.

Please let's use this medium responsibly to air our opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Hero144: 8:43am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:

Civilians are always casualties of war, and some time friendly fire ensues between even USA soldier, does it mean they are incompetent, Bush the president of America will always say "we are trying to reduce civilian casualties in this war" in the light of truth, which means in every war there are bound to be civilian casualties, our is no exception
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2017
chiefoluigwe:

Thank you.. A lot of people are acting like the airforce just woke up and decided to bomb the IDP. It is a very big and costly mistake, yes, investigate and hold the responsible people liable, yes, but stop overflogging this issue.

Why are people talking like our military incompetent. It is really annoying

Nigerian military are one of the most unprofessional, incompetent and useless military in the world. The only time they flex their muscles is against hapless and unarmed civilians...

If not for foreign assistance, the Nigerian military can never win any battle, talk more of war...

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by dvee2: 8:45am On Jan 18, 2017
nnachukz:
Which terrorists? The defeated ones?
What is happening in this country self?

Let me educate u since u are feigning ignorance. In warfare,one side can declare victory over the other for so many reasons. You can declare victory for taking over their operational base, you can declare victory for capturing a huge number of terrorist,you can declare victory or claim to defeat your enemies by majorly degrading their ability to regroup etc , but unless the enemy surrenders and accept a truce,they will still retain some measure of ability to strike,especially for a faceless group like Boko haram.
America has since declared victory in Libya,Iraq and Afghanistan even killed Osama bin Laden,does that stop attack on America by these groups.
By declaring victory,Nigerian army have taken back 14 local government that were previously under the control of Boko haram,forcing boko haram to retreat further deep into the Sambisa forest and form an operational base at camp zero.
The army chase them, killed and captured thousands of terrorist and destroyed their operational base of camp zero. In the process thousands of Nigerians were also freed. If this is not victory please tell what it is.
It is OK because of your political affiliation to hate Buhari, but to allow your hatred lead u in celebration of terrorist and terrorist bombing beats my imagination.
I stand with Nigerian Army.

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by jakesbaba: 8:48am On Jan 18, 2017
Mekzyzeus:

Don't mind them bro!
Apparently they don't know that coordinates of the targets are supplied to the pilot, who then engages the guided weapons based on the target coordinates.
Most comments here are so unreasonable that it shrinks my brain grin

Can you pls enlighten me on this 'coordinates' in the military as it relates to this incidence. U seems to knw abt it. Thk you.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by ayd91(m): 8:52am On Jan 18, 2017
folks keep blabbing... "terrorists that have been defeated?'' like they're supposed to stay defeated... its a war...

RIP to the dead... this is an added reason for equipment upgrade in the NAF.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Jucci09: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows

Tell that to the people that lost their lives in this your system malfunction. What you on about?
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by chiefojiji(m): 9:06am On Jan 18, 2017
I jos remember dis chuks norris film.....missing in action
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by mystry(m): 9:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:

court martialed for what. following orders?
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Orikinla1: 9:09am On Jan 18, 2017
Ten12:
Is it not this same man that captured bh flag and Koran in place of shekarau? Incompetence is writing all over him anyway
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Pavarottii(m): 9:10am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
So what should be done to him?
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Lasskeey: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2017
cool

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by bezimo(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2017
Csami:
Na lie.

Since the past weeks, we've been getting news of how the Nigerian army have been victorious against BH sect, killing them in their numbers while taking one or two casualties.
This means to an extent a large area of the state should be safe and with tight security right!? Which also should mean that the IDP camp that house BH victims should be a safe place and miles away from any gunfight or BH invasion!?
So this mudafvcker should tell us what a fighter jet was doing so close to a safe zone and at the same time releasing it's payload on refugees killing more than 50 persons?

Either the government have been lying to us (never trusted them anyway) or the government killed them on purpose.

I share same thoughts.Their Satanic blood bank isn't full yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Daughters Join Tinubu-Shettima Women Campaign In Katsina (Photo) / Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.