Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,395 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" (51009 Views)

Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / Photos Of The Six Nigerian Red Cross Workers Killed In Rann Air Strike Borno / Boko Haram Fleeing 4rm Sambisa Forest Following Air Strike By Soldiers(pix,video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Enemyofpeace: 9:24am On Jan 18, 2017
I have sin the name,na dem,I no dey surprise at all. Na funjosh brother
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Amhappy(f): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2017
So heartbreaking. This is a disaster that calls for national mourning. The intelligence was wrong and should be properly investigated. Now the terrorist have enough time to disappear. How much I hate WAR. A lot of innocent victims.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by victorazy(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.
After all they already gat innocent bloods on their hands.

What happened was miscalculation of assassination so don't expect anybody to be quetioned, sacked, resigned or court martialed. I wish you know what is happening in Nigeria today u won't be reading every move as they were.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Blonchilli(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2017
2017 just started and already a bomb and airline have dropped on innocent people. What next is going to drop, the sun?
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Themandator: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.

He said he got a report and dispatched air component to do the needful. Between the pilot and his ground commander and not this Oga patapata there is some explaining to do
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by ArabMopol(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2017
the civilian airstrikes is recommendable , infact the NAF officer that press the red button deserve a double promotion to air marshal , we must annihilate any form of terrorism In north, there won't be any moment in north East, we must uproot all form of life in that area, strike any form of life in that desert, terrorist or civilian wipe them so they can start afresh
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by vncntluv(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2017
Mr Irabor, incompetency is written all over you. Im Gutted you are finding excuses in place of your men mistakes. We need intelligent people to take over sensitive positions in this country. SMH
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by talk2alabama: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2017
When I mentioned that the theater commander of lafya dole operation should be careful, many nairalanders replied whether it was a threat . .....

I will still reiterate myself again the second time.... He should be careful
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by greatermax77(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2017
Quota system pilot

Quota system breeds inefficiency, period
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by adem30: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2017
Assuming Lucky Irabor happened tonne a Northerner and the incidence happen in South, this would have been another Religion wahala. But no one will say that now since its Southerner against Northerner.
RIP to the dead.
What a costly mistake
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by LockDown69(m): 10:07am On Jan 18, 2017
it was obvious that there was no substantial recon. before the strike was conducted, they probably flew over the place once and concluded they were B.H camps, God knows how many of such was covered up. It's your call, you should honourably resign.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by forap(m): 10:11am On Jan 18, 2017
They were compromised, that's the only explanation. Maybe their lives or family members' were threatened.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by MOFAZIT: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2017
Accident Happens. Even the US mistakenly targets Syrian army position instead of ISIL...

American favorite quote for their air defense system. ....' Best means of attack with minimal casualty'

If you will sack every military man for mistake, nobody will be left...

RIP TO THE DEAD....
SO PAINFUL...
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by anjowaka510(m): 10:19am On Jan 18, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
the pilot deserved this
seriously

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by yaki84: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2017
Mekzyzeus:

Don't mind them bro!
Apparently they don't know that coordinates of the targets are supplied to the pilot, who then engages the guided weapons based on the target coordinates.
Most comments here are so unreasonable that it shrinks my brain grin

If the comments shrinks ur brain, go use raw alcohol mixed with concH2SO4 wash am!
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by APCmyheart(m): 10:23am On Jan 18, 2017
seunmsg:

The pilot simply obeyed an order from his superior officer. What the military should do is to carry out a thorough investigation into how they got the location of the target. Whoever provided the intelligence of the exact location that was bombed really needs to answer lots of questions.

You are a genius, So many people commenting here are numbskull, They need to get information about the person who provide that information..

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by akinszz: 10:24am On Jan 18, 2017
Small pikin talk.
izzy4shizzy:
Warrisdis

That man is nothing less than 60 yrs, and still commanding missions

Nigeria needs fresh blood not these old men with very big egos.

He can barely even see well sef...we need young and capable men not old miss firing oldies

Dazzal
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Codes151(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2017
See the people we leaving our economy and future in their hands! Zombies
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by nickxtra(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Codes151(m): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2017
MOFAZIT:
Accident Happens. Even the US mistakenly targets Syrian army position instead of ISIL...

American favorite quote for their air defense system. ....' Best means of attack with minimal casualty'

If you will sack every military man for mistake, nobody will be left...

RIP TO THE DEAD....
SO PAINFUL...
u r writing crap and have no iota of respect for life!
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Cannonleo(m): 10:36am On Jan 18, 2017
before we over flog this issue with sentiments lets look at a few C and C rules guiding operations from my own opinion.

the last blue and Blue incident we had was back in gwoza in 2013 , then the casualties were retreating troops .
this action led to the purchase and subsequent use of our surveillance platforms namely the ATRs nd the beechcraft ISR aircrafts. that has successfully directed our otherwise blind strike assets with next to non guided munitions to perform.

now 1 MJG irabor according to his statement directed the air component to intercept meaning that a very large amount of hostiles were heading their way and advancing troops were at a strategic disadvantage. key point he gave the order to scramble

2. it is obvious that non of the ISR aircrafts was in bound in this operation...a very big mistake else proper ID of targets would have taken place while co-ordinates related to strike assets.... a big fup on the part of the airforce

3 any communication to the pilot of the platform would be done solely by the air traffic control or directly form the situation room at 7 div and still will need to pass via air control.

4 whoever sent the co-ordinates was on the ground and control and the pilot reacted to these. irabor's mistake here is simply directing the assault to be initiated .

5 the pilots culpability is low if he followed relayed co-ordinates given to him else he is in soup, the air controller and the signals man are the main culprits.
irabor is the big fish to take the fall
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by SamiraF: 10:43am On Jan 18, 2017
A little bit disturbing? The man is mad. Aid workers vehicles are always identified by a large cross painted on the vehicle roofs which even a blind man can see. Incompetent Nigeria armed forces, they were so tired from making Buhari propaganda videos that they can't tell friends from foes. Anyway the Boko Haram foes are their friends. Why are Buhari and Osinbajo tweeting condolence instead of visiting? Or were they targeting BBOG? Change must go
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 18, 2017
seunmsg:

The pilot simply obeyed an order from his superior officer. What the military should do is to carry out a thorough investigation into how they got the location of the target. Whoever provided the intelligence of the exact location that was bombed really needs to answer lots of questions.

Are you sure that the naf acted based on intel or they acted based on just rumour. You how unfriendly and brutal our military dey.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2017
adem30:
Assuming Lucky Irabor happened tonne a Northerner and the incidence happen in South, this would have been another Religion wahala. But no one will say that now since its Southerner against Northerner.
RIP to the dead.
What a costly mistake

You are a clown. Most folks criticizing him are from south south and south east while ur people and the south west are making excuses for the naf and pmb.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by adamsmohammed: 10:58am On Jan 18, 2017
God is in control.
may he help our Country Nigeria amen.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by henrybomb(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2017
Mumu talk after killing innocent people#thehatredforbuharihasjustbegun
malagu:

http://thenewsroom.ng/article.php?id=211
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by isaackenshaw: 11:09am On Jan 18, 2017
U think say Ps3u dey play
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by airminem(f): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2017
No fighter jet will ever do such a thing. Its the fighter pilot that took the shot and misfired okay.Put the issues as it is.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Qelvin(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows
Go tell that to the families of the victims that perished...
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by chiraqDemon(m): 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
I dont think the pilot is at fault
He was following orders and refusal would have also got him court martialed
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by SycophanticGoat: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows

The useless pilot should have blown himself up rather than blowing up civilians after all, there duty is to die for our sake. But he chose to live over the hundreds of people affected by his incompetence.

Why I'm i even surprised? Like Buhari like his illiterate and blood thirsty military.
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by SycophanticGoat: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
seunmsg:

This simply means that the Nigerian military have actually been dropping bomb anyhow they like. They may just hear that there are terrorists in Ikeja and the next thing will be to drop bomb on Tïffubu's head..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Adebayo Shittu: Some Of Tinubu’s Female Ministers Dress Like Beauty Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.