Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now (4037 Views)

3 Ultimate Bad Girl Rules To Keep Your Boyfriend In Love Until You Dump Him / I Never Wanted To Have Sex With Her On The First Visit / What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by PapiNick(m): 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
I have always been a fan of this forum and I enjoy always reading peoples stories and comments. I figured out it will be nice to share my story with all of you guys.

Since I was young I normally hear that money can buy you everything including love but somehow I usually did dispute that part because I started my relationship with my girl pretty young while we were in secondary school and we dated up till last year more than 16years we have been together.

We started while our both parents were sort of still hustling so we saw some really bad period of suffering but by God's grace things got better for my parents over time and even when my parents got super wealthy I didn't leave her for anything. I supported her all the way through her uni, I made sure I took really good care of her and her younger ones as well as her parents most times because they knew us together so well.

Like they say, life is not always a bed of roses and I believe I have gotten my own fair share of it but I also know that no condition is parmanent. Things got really messy when my dad got terribly ill and we had to spend so much on his health. We even had to fly him overseas for proper treatment and this affected our finances so well that we had to sell most of the properties we had and even the factory and hotel we were building had to be stopped and might be sold if need be as things stand now.

Seeing the circumstances am facing right now, I was shocked to see that this lady I have done so much for and it was already glaring that marriage was the next big thing we were thinking of suddenly is getting married to some guy that just came back from abroad. I have been really broken but I had to accept my faith and face the fact that I have suddenly lost everything apart from my life and the love for my family.

The years invested into this relationship and was so faithful in it because I truly loved her just crushed in the twinkle of an eye all because she now feels insecure that I might not rise again or that I won't be able to take care of her.

Now I know better that everything really does have a price and love is just God and nothing else.

8 Likes

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
lol
shit happens.
move on ooooh
there are many ladies in this world
Ask Trapqueen77 out,she would willingly accept yah.
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by NLorubebe(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
Booked angry
Your story is touching I must say, hoes are never loyal cos they are like monkeys.
I pray your dad gets better and your family rises again

8 Likes

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by rawpadgin(m): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
Wen God created the heaven and the earth, he rested
Wen God made the moon, the stars & other heavenly bodies, he rested
Wen God made man in his own image & all the vegetation of the earth, on the seventh day he rested

but....

since God created woman, neither man nor the angels of heaven or even God himself has tested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
lol
shit happens.
move on ooooh
there are many ladies in this world
Ask Trapqueen77 out,she would willingly accept yah.

grin

Yeah sure.. If he can travel 10000miles all the down here, I will date him..

Nytnyt Handsome Dulla boi.. Signing out for now..

1 Like

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by slimfairboy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
just find sum1 else...that's the best medicine for a heart break. cuz she wasn't for u.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by BlackDBagba: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ok
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
TrapQueen77:

grin

Yeah sure.. If he can travel 10000miles all the down here, I will date him..

site
sweetdreams Chinese doll grin
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by reubenobi(m): 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
its really hard though,i wish ur dad quick recovery.forget about her nd move on.one thing i know for sure is dat u will shine again.
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by yemmit90: 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
Women are naturally born ingrates but most men dont understand this. We all learn as we grow up.

May Almighty God grant your dad a quick recovery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
Take note : Money can't buy Love

What She's feeling for the other guy is not love ,What she felt for you wasn't love too

You and the other guy are just means to an end from Her own view.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by dingbang(m): 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
TrapQueen77:

grin

Yeah sure.. If he can travel 10000miles all the down here, I will date marry him

someborri travels all d way down to see u and na only date u wan date am?

U are a wicked somebody o

1 Like

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
No commentlipsrsealed
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by modelsms(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
Eiyaa, although there are few exceptions, most persons including guys are that way
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
DuchessDee:
No commentlipsrsealed

U look like diddydiva or wts her name again
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Olalan(m): 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
It's not easy though, but you have to brace yourself up to face reality that her love for you was only based on what you were giving her Good you discovered now before getting married and things went wrong.
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Diplomaticbeing(m): 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
@OP

My sympathy goes to your family, especially to your father and I wish him speedy and total recovery.

On the other hand, I disagree with your pronoucement about money buying love (a genuine one) - take note I read all you wrote. Money cannot buy love. It can only buy servility. A true love is one where you cherishes someone/someone cherishes you paramountly based on immaterial possessions (good attributes). . . Attraction and money are just the complements (not necessities) that spices it up.

I had expected you to learn from your bitter experience that money can never buy love instead it can buy servility of a petty person. Your ex was with you all those while (counting from the stage she emancipated from social bondage) not because she loved you/ was loyal to you, but because you were meeting up her superficial needs - you didn't notice it because you mistook attitude for attribute. She booted now because she has got someone who's better off than you financially (her thought and your confirmation not mine). So you can see that she's not with the new guy possibly because she genuinely love him, but just for the sake of satisfying her selfish and opportunistic longings.

You have to share in the blame, because it's obvious that while you were sure of your love for her (or your domination nay oppression - with your money - over her) while it lasted, you made the mistake of validating her love/loyalty for you without allowing her to pronounce it through actions based on her independent. You didn't take time to observe her well at the stage she emancipated from social bondage, instead you continued your rating on her based on whom she was to you in her days of social bondage - the period when both of you first met.

You can only be sure of someone's loyalty towards you if s/he is fully economically and socially independent, but still accord you your earned respect.

Attitudes aren't always manifestation of attributes. Good attribute is everything. Next time refrain from relating with petty people (if you aren't one yourself), because they live life on expediency instead of principle. Petty people and superficiality are like bread and butter.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
Bumbae1:

U look like diddydiva or wts her name again
She's my twinnie cheesy grin

It's me Lala smiley
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
DuchessDee:
She's my twinnie cheesy grin

It's me Lala smiley
Lol the resemblance is just too much smiley
Like your new dress wink
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by jnrbayano(m): 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
Your ailing father is just my concern.

If your story is true, I wouldn't advice you mourn for her, rather leap for joy for the choice she has made.

At least her true colour is in the open early enough and no commitments yet.
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by muyibaba222(m): 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
OP be a man...... that is what ladies are known for. Dont be surprised she would say negative things about you to the new man. Just forget about her and move on. wish your dad quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
PapiNick:
I have always been a fan of this forum and I enjoy always reading peoples stories and comments. I figured out it will be nice to share my story with all of you guys.

Since I was young I normally hear that money can buy you everything including love but somehow I usually did dispute that part because I started my relationship with my girl pretty young while we were in secondary school and we dated up till last year more than 16years we have been together.

We started while our both parents were sort of still hustling so we saw some really bad period of suffering but by God's grace things got better for my parents over time and even when my parents got super wealthy I didn't leave her for anything. I supported her all the way through her uni, I made sure I took really good care of her and her younger ones as well as her parents most times because they knew us together so well.

Like they say, life is not always a bed of roses and I believe I have gotten my own fair share of it but I also know that no condition is parmanent. Things got really messy when my dad got terribly ill and we had to spend so much on his health. We even had to fly him overseas for proper treatment and this affected our finances so well that we had to sell most of the properties we had and even the factory and hotel we were building had to be stopped and might be sold if need be as things stand now.

Seeing the circumstances am facing right now, I was shocked to see that this lady I have done so much for and it was already glaring that marriage was the next big thing we were thinking of suddenly is getting married to some guy that just came back from abroad. I have been really broken but I had to accept my faith and face the fact that I have suddenly lost everything apart from my life and the love for my family.

The years invested into this relationship and was so faithful in it because I truly loved her just crushed in the twinkle of an eye all because she now feels insecure that I might not rise again or that I won't be able to take care of her.

Now I know better that everything really does have a price and love is just God and nothing else.

We are born innocent and naive, and through pain and disappointments we are shown the true color of life. Take it as one of those lesson necessary for maturing. It has happened to both guys and girls so we can't say it's female thing.

1 Like

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by yemmit90: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Friendzone:
Money can't buy Love

What She's feeling for the other guy is not love

Reason some of you guys will still fall mugu with your low income thinking one stupid girl love you for who you are.

I swear any Nigeria babe can dump you for a rich dude and love him till the end of her life.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol the resemblance is just too much smiley
Like your new dress wink
You are welcome Lala. Twaci will be happy to see yousmiley
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
DuchessDee:
You are welcome Lala. Twaci will be happy to see yousmiley

Oh let me send her a message before i dissappear again
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by dingbang(m): 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
Bumbae1:

Oh let me send her a message before i dissappear again
send me a message tooo grin

Hector
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
yemmit90:

Reason some of you guys will still fall mugu with your low income thinking one stupid girl love you for who you are.

I swear any Nigeria babe can dump you for a rich dude and love him till the end of her life.

LOL OP has spent X amount of Time dating the girl, while the new rich dude has X amount of money, so according to the girl she prob figured since Time is money, and money is time, she must have come to the conclusion that the rich guy has spent more time dating her than OP.

#EconomicJokes never fails to cheer people up grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
dingbang:

Hector
So u still dey hete grin
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
dingbang:

Hector
shocked
Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nomfanelo99(f): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
This is a really sad . Just be glad she showed her true colours before u guys were even married. All the best for the future

1 Like

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by dingbang(m): 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
Bumbae1:

So u still dey hete grin
lol I still day ooo..miss u sha... Am pming u now

1 Like

Re: I Never Believed Money Could Really Buy Love Until Now by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
slimfairboy:
just find sum1 else...that's the best medicine for a heart break. cuz she wasn't for u.
Its not that easy... He needs to heal first

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must A Guy Spend For A Girl To Show That He Loves Her??? / PLS Help.virgin Girlfriend Had Sex With Someone Else Few Weeks After We Broke Up / She Said We Should Do Without Protection,dat It Is Sweet Like That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.