Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51841 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by lukency(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2017
Do you have muslim associations in madona university,redeemers university,land mark university,convenant university and host of other christian owned universities.Some will not even give admision to muslims
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by sunmbo123(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2017
Y'all just making unnecessary noise

When oau placed a ban on the Muslim association in their school
No noise
Are Muslims allowed freedom to worship at covenant or at Babcock

Lol
Let's call a spade a spade
They banned the Christian stuff cause if some reasons
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
you're equally wrong my brother. The Uni is State owned sir.
....yes if its state, its still gov owned and i know there are katsina christains....so what are u saying
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2017
DonCortino:

State ya, its a government uni period. Not private. Nigeria is not an islamic country!!!!
baba, I'm not trying to justifu their action o. But i think they have the jurisdiction to inculcate Sharia law into the governance of the school if they deem it fit. I think Kwara State University allow their Indigenes to pay lesser school fees compared to non-indigenes, this in my opinion falls under the same category with banning of any Christian Activities around the school. My submission
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
They never banned christain gathering or churches...from the memo they said only the muslim association is allowed but the topic does not reflect that....Am not supporting what it says but try not to misinform people...i see no ban of worship from the memo only ban of religious association...

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by xmich(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2017
cool
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
that's not true. That University is a State Uni not Federal. It was just named after the Ex Governor of the State.

Even if it's a state uni are Nigerian states not funded by the FG? Is Nigeria no longer a secular country?

5 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by greatjoey: 9:48am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs

It baffles me why a good number of youth respond illogically when sensitive issues are brought to the fore for public discuss. The covenant university you quoted is a religious institution which is tailored to imbibe that precept strictly. But Umar Musa university is a state government established institution meant to accommodate all the religions in the state. If any Islamic body establishes a university and makes this Prohibitions, no one cares whose ox is gored. Let's exhibit wisdom as youths to foster unity and oneness our forefather handed over to us.

5 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Agimor(m): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2017
Is very obvious that this Bubu government are on a secret agenda to islamize Nigeria the Christian leaders need to rise and speak against these anomalies.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
They never banned christain gathering or churches...from the memo they said only the muslim association is allowed but the topic does not reflect that....Am not supporting what it says but try not to misinform people...i see no ban of worship from the memo only ban of religious association...

What happened to freedom of association as guaranteed by the constitution?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by lovat(m): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

Why una dey like Formenting trouble like this? As if when d Gbege start now una go dey there? Anyways here is my take again from my previous Post.

"Exactly My Questions, If it is a FEDERAL Government University that is being funded by our Collective Tax Payers Money, So That we can take it to the NUC, NA if it is Constitutional? Then we know what to do in our Southern Universities. But if, it is a Privately owned Muslim or Islamic University you do not have a say as it is the same thing with Covenant University and other Privately owned Christian Universities"
The only region down south that we have to face their hideous agenda is SW. The Islamisation is on our doorstep and because of identity crisis and political correctness we are being betrayed daily

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by lukency(m): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2017
betterABIAstate:
are covenant, redeemers federal universities? Umar musa university is a federal university and should not create a religious dichotomy.
Gather your fact b4 comenting pls.Umar musa university is not a federal institution.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Shafiiimran99: 9:50am On Jan 22, 2017
johnreh:
they can ban any other religious group but they can't ban Christ! He remains their saviour if/when they choose to repent!!
Keep decieving ursef, did he tell that he is saviour
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
....yes if its state, its still gov owned and i know there are katsina christains....so what are u saying
now you're shifting from "it's a Fed Uni to a Gov Uni now ba", since it's a state owned Uni i don't think there should be any problems with whatever they want.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by warriking(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2017
Are u stupid? Do u realize convenant university is own by a church and not government? We re talking about a government school built with our money and u re talking of school built by the church. Dullad like u. Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

I passs[/quote]
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by lovat(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2017
lukency:
Do you have muslim associations in madona university,redeemers university,land mark university,convenant university and host of other christian owned universities.Some will not even give admision to muslims
Get a brain. Those are private Universities

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 22, 2017
This d.amn country keeps heading south on daily basis!...
Meanwhile, the commander-in-thief is holidaying or has he actually kicked the buck?....

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

What happened to freedom of association as guaranteed by the constitution?
...am not supporting anything am just saying that the topic is not reflecting fact
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by ayindejimmy(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

That doesn't work. Are they not designated a federal uni? Is it a Saudi school? Do they not receive subventions and funding from the FG? Ate there no christian on Katsina that have a right to attend that uni? Are the salaries and emoluments of lecturers n staff including the acting Dean that signed this rubbish not from the government?

I made a mistake. It's actually a state University
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2017
yankeypha:
Nigerian Government are cheating us, they knew what they are doing, that is why kalu is fighting for our right.

You see as he succeeded in misleading u?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by ZeroShenanigan(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2017
WHERE ON THE MEMO IS IT WRITTEN: CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION BANNED? Bad media/reporter causing problem.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by warriking(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Are u stupid? Do u realize convenant university is own by a church and not government? We re talking about a government school built with our money and u re talking of school built by the church. Dullad like u.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by TheAdvocate(m): 9:53am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

All the Universities you mentioned are owned by churches. Musa Yaradua University is a state university established under the Katsina State Law No.7 promulgated in September, 2006. There is EVERYTHING wrong with it.

Abia and Imo states have Muslim Pilgrims Boards.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 9:53am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

Even if it's a state uni are Nigerian states not funded by the FG? Is Nigeria no longer a secular country?
what do you have to say about state universities that allow their indigenes to pay less compared to what non indigenes pay. Are we not all Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by 0gbeni(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2017
bakry86:
Christians have been denying muslims their rights since God knows time. I schooled in SW. I know a number of public Sec Schools dat do nt allow muslims' gathering, while dey hold christian programmes every now n then. in fact, they used to hold general programmes in d sch chapel, which muslims must also attend. singing n dancing n preaching n cursing dia enimies....

someone will quote me now to say bro dat's sec sch not uni. I want to ask in advance, which category of students need religious guidiance more? and why should only muslims be denied d freedom....

Do u have proof of what you just posted ? if not ,shut up and focus on the topic

there's so much madness in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2017
lovat:
The only region down south that we have to face their hideous agenda is SW. The Islamisation is on our doorstep and because of identity crisis and political correctness we are being betrayed daily

It is a Katsina State Problem. If it is not a problem to them and they accept it, Why take Panadol for another person Headache?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Shafiiimran99: 9:54am On Jan 22, 2017
Imyourex:

God bless you my brother, I wonder why Nairaland should allow that to be.
Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun, Controlled by Muslim board,
In a country of no direction. SMH
because we are the rejected stone...Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
now you're shifting from "it's a Fed Uni to a Gov Uni now ba", since it's a state owned Uni i don't think there should be any problems with whatever they want.
....Is a lie and a very big one...state and federal constitution are not different...Nigeria been secular is reflected in all states wether sokoto, gombe or Abia.....this is no church or muslim institution.It is a gov institution....This is no saudi or sudan

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Osu175(m): 9:55am On Jan 22, 2017
No southern will ever understand whats happening in far north, only if you have lived in the north for years
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:55am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
what do you have to say about state universities that allow their indigenes to pay less compared to what non indigenes pay. Are we not all Nigerians?

Are the non-indigenes not NIGERIANS?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by greatjoey: 9:56am On Jan 22, 2017
lukency:
Gather your fact b4 comenting pls.Umar musa university is not a federal institution.

Umar Musa is a Katsina state government owned public university. In Katsina state where I came from, we have both Christians and Muslims as indigenes. It is not a religious school like covenant or redeemer university which are religious schools.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Osu175:
No southern will ever understand whats happening in far north, only if you have lived in the north for years

I Understand what you are saying, But remember you have a choice? If they try to impose their way of Life on US in our PLACE. Then we have a problem. I can't Come to your House and wear my Shoes into your Sitting Room, when your Rule is no shoes in the sitting Room.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.