Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49878 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by hamedollar(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
But they do say we are all equal before God. Churches of God nowadays are not the one I used to know. Injustice, Intimidation, superiority, Barbaric behaviour name them you will find it there
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
@op, you are wrong and the ushers are wrong as well. The users should have waited till after church service, if it is me, I dont know what I will do sha - but I too can be very stubborn and have been known to storm out of churches for lesser reasons.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by brightalo17: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
I am waiting for protocol seats in heaven.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by a1lomo4life: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
It is a pity that church is a place where everybody should be equal before the Lord. Giving prefential treatment to some people means you are itimidating the less privilege ones. If the seat is being dedicated to some group of people and they have come, does that mean that nobody should seat on it? what if they fail to come to church that day, what will happen to those chairs? To the writter, please find a believing bible church that there is no seperation between the rich and the poor. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ModestGal(f): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
Today I got to know that majority of church goers brain has been tampered with, imagine having different places for different people,what nonsense, and you call it house of God,but if its a new comer,there will be a special sit just because the church don't wanna loose another ATM machine, Op its better you stay at home and study your bible on Sunday's than going to church to waste your precious time listening to one broke person that turn into pastor because of unemployment rate in Nigeria, I really don't understand why you will go and be listening to someone whose IQ is low,just because he choose to be a pastor,money making pastors.To all those talking to op anyhow,tell me how their church going has contributed to Nigerians economy and how the life's of people has become better listening to pastors,rules and regulation followers.A church where special seats for special people ain't house of God,better stay home.
Op know that Bill gate said ""'Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning,
and some people will be in church praying for money, haba!! Is Aliko Dangote money success attributed to church going?just tell me someone who got rich by going to church?yet a lot will be in church praying for unimaginable money,praying to God to bring someone that will come bring them millions in their house. All church does is noise pollution, I still cannot understand why they disturb us with noises everyday, because there's always a noise to make in churches everyday, God please when will Nigeria be like America where noise pollution is against the law?Am looking forward to that day, you wanto sing,why can't you just sing for yourself without disturbing bus sleeping in our houses. Trump said "" Give them guns, and they will use it to kill themselves, they brought all those loud speakers from developed country,and they are using it to kill themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Henon: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
You need sense, humility and more importantly serious deliverance from your self acclaimed "obsessive compulsive personality disorder", na another form of madness be that.

Wait O, others worshipers follow you 'storm out'?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?

So you where that guy i saw storming out of church today. hmmm.... Even if you are not going to respect the ushers, then at least

respect GOD? or isn't that who you went to experience in the first place. If you where really there for God i don't think where to sit

would be a problem (i don't even know why this is a problem for some people) i would sit on the roof as long as i can feel the

presence of God

i want to believe that you where not really in church to worship God, you just wanted to do an ego-struggle because you seemed to

already know what the front seats where reserved for, and now you want people to tell you what you did was right. I've got bad news for you, my child.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by southpole: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

It's a province. It's not anybody's personal establishment. It's a church bro... Obviously, you're not intelligent. I'll let that slide and I won't reply you again.
Is like you have a problem with respect, please work on it.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by KingMicky3286: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bros , you for go sit for pulpit make we know say the church no belong to anybody. you are quit sure that is for protocol . Reserved . if na old testament , God go just bring out from heaven and give you a dirty slap...... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Vicyace: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
It's good to obey the laws and authorities of any establishment cos even the Bible preaches against not respecting the law. Now, I want to believe that front row was vacant... Just vacant! Why would a church leave seats vacant throughout a Sunday service in the name of protocol. C'mon, it makes little or nothing sense.. Best you remove those seats..... Or they don't want people to stay at the front? Mind you, some set of people prefer to stay at the front cz they believe they will have access to first hand blessings, will protocol now deny those people their right to first hand blessings in the church of God.? Just having some random thoughts..... A lot of politics go on in the church of God these days that ordinary members don't know about.. Some leaders in the church so much cling to power that they find it difficult to be humble...

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by nikkyshyne(f): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bros, be like say you get small temper. Take things easy abeg.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ped007(m): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
Part of the reasons why I kidda avoid churches...
Some people just claim it to be theirs.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by southpole: 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Noo. That know protocol na. It's always just one lady who sits there. She's to direct new comers and all that... Moreover, she only sits when new comers are being announced. No one was sitting there when I did. An elderly woman sat with me, they didn't say nothing to her oo. What if the church was filled up? Won't they create that space for people?
No excuses just ask God to forgive you
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by kasson(m): 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
dingbang:
Yes you are too much of a right claimer.... And a stubborn one for that matter...

You would have move quietly without taking offence. Afterall, it is a church not your personal house.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
Since there was still spaces at the back you should have obeyed the ushers. They were acting on instructions and didn't mean to hurt your emotions. Never let anger drive you out of Church again.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sodeide2013: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
You are in church to worship God. Never allow anyone or anything distract you like that. It maybe there is a particular blessing or word for you in that service today. You go to where they say, don't worry it is God's house and God's gathering. If they are disrespectful God himself judges these things but don't let such things get to you. Pray and ask God for forgiveness and grace

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by tk4rd: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.
Are there demarcations in heaven??
If you think the answer is NO,, why are there Nine distinct groups of choirs of angels.??
Why that demarcation among angels.??
Again, If a long seat was set aside for Rev. Sisters only, can you join in to complete them on a day that there are no other seats available.??
The guy did wrong. Don't blame his church.
He knew the rules of his church, he knew why the seats were left like that, and decided to break it..
If he had begged the usher, then, it would have been that he just bent the rules a little. But he broke it entirely and started claiming right and looking for excuses.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by lakesidepapa(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Storming out of church is like storming out of God. Not fair at all!!!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by southpole: 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

I just really want to believe you don't understand the settings I projected. I was not being disobedient or stubborn. I just felt it was wrong for the Usher to do that, in the middle of worship? Abs I don't see church as an 'organization' bro. It's a house of God. Plus, I'm a bona-fide member so I know the rules and what is applicable.
On d judgement day you will know this God you are talking about is a no none sense God
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Bahddo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
I hope you get the point now. You don't matter to the church, whether you sit at the back or walk away. Jesus said "all you are brothers." Brothers don't have seats reserved for 'protocol'.

The modern day church is not about helping people gain salvation. It's about dropping your last coin of little value while worshipping "the church authority" bestowed upon it by itself.

That said, work on your temper.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by datizy(f): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. Simply put, the spirit of pride was at work here. What if God was using the ushers to reposition you for a special miracle. You can never tell but you STORMED OUT of the church maybe out of Gods blessing sef . Next time, think before acting especially in the house of God. God will forever be God regardless of who we think we are..
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ritababe(f): 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.

my dear you are wrong, I do attend Catholic too and yes they always keep bench for first timer, that is very important because as a first timer they are very vital to God because it's their first time they need to feel special and welcome.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by edebemba(m): 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

I just really want to believe you don't understand the settings I projected. I was not being disobedient or stubborn. I just felt it was wrong for the Usher to do that, in the middle of worship? Abs I don't see church as an 'organization' bro. It's a house of God. Plus, I'm a bona-fide member so I know the rules and what is applicable.
You have no excuse, oh man! You disobeyed constituted authority which the Bible speaks against. Do not be like King Saul who disobeyed God's order and tried to justify his actions. The house of God is not a lawless place.
Whatever kind of personality you may have- complex or inferior or both, always drop it at home when going to church. If you desire to sit at a particular seat in the church , wake up early enough and go to the church before every other person. It is not proper to come in late and still want to be treated as a VIP.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ichel: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Protocol my foot, in the house of the lord everybody are equal. @sipsip you did the right thing by walking out to avoid creating a scene, if it was me, am going nowhere, i will be like *usher come carry me out naa*

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ogawisdom(m): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

U r still a kid, in 5 years time u will learn to follow established protocols every where u go
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by CashVessel(m): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

You overreacted, but you didn't do wrong. They shouldn't have insisted when you resisted..they should have let you be as long as you were properly dressed. It is right to be true to ones self; if your mood is spoils in a service and you cannot focus, it's better you leave. In the RCCG I know, those ushers will be rebuked.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by magnetik(m): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Luke 14:10

But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, 'Friend, move up to a better place.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ogawisdom(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

U r still a kid with an oversized ego, in 5 years time u will learn to follow established protocols every where u go
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by parisbookaddict(f): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Did they put a sign saying reserved ? If they didnt then how can u be wrong. When u left the church did u go to another.. ?

By the way, churches that reserve seats for vips are a sham. Its unchristian. We are all equal in Gods eyes. U may need reconsider a better church that treats everyone with respect no matter their background or perceived social class

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
ladyF:
You no try o.

Let me tell you what to do. Next week, carry rope to church and tie your leg to the front seat. Dem no fit do you anything!!! Them no write anybody name for there abeg. angry

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

Pheww! A breath of fresh air... At least someone understand's my plight. Thanks ojare
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by jake2much(m): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
as u go out rapture took place..u will go to hell
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by southpole: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
Don't come here to tell lies even the catholic church there is sitting arrangement not that you can sit anywhere you want according to you. Next time you enter a catholic service go and sit where is reserved for the choir or mass servants if you are not one of them and let me see how they will allow you. Reserving sit for protocol or choir is the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

'Delete Netflix' - Apostle Johnson Suleman Tells Christians Over Gay Jesus / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / "I Repeat It, Christians Defend Yourself" - Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.