Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. (4193 Views)

Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. / Matured Woman Are Better Then The Younger Girls In A Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by dreeldee: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2009
A black man having a relationship with a white girl isn't a sign of weakness because it's usually the first thing that comes to most black women's mind who sees a black man with a white girl. As a man first of all and secondly black, Black men don't want a "strong black woman" who will at the end of the day emasculate them . We don't want a woman who will be overly jealous and would bring the roof down before realizing it's just a friend. We don't want a woman who will respond to our sigh with ten sentences. We don't want a woman who will talk back at us even when it's unnecessary. She will nag us till she can't find her voice. We don't want a woman who will break our properties because we had a quarrel.  We don't want our women trying to exercise their strength in the house all in the name of "equal rights" unnecessarily. Not saying one sex is better than the other but to carry that "I don't wanna be viewed as being weak" mentality thereby always getting into the "man of the house" fight is just not needed. One thing for sure, we love the black confident woman but not when she moves around with the "strong black woman" bull shit. We want the kind of women who will massage our ego not destroy them. The most desirable trait any man especially we black men wants in a woman is the act of submission, not the slave-master kinda submission. This trait eludes a lot of black women. All we want is for you to take your femininity in high regards and make us feel like the MAN same way your confidence is felt and we'll be your king and "servant". My list goes on and on, do you still wonder why a lot of black women are still single? And the black men running off with the white women? Common ladies, what happened to those traits Momma passed on to us, the ones she applied to her relationship in its 30th year? We want our black women back.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by mamagee3(f): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
I'm still waiting for the bases of this post. angry
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by dreeldee: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2009
mama-gee:

I'm still waiting for the bases of this post. angry
Just a reflection and observation of the typical black woman. And to invite a decent conversation as to how the fight for equality is indirectly changing the black women psyche negatively.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by beingme(f): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2009
black women re not single but THEY RE JUST TAKING THEIR TIME. so get that right
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2009
black women worked just as hard as the men in the cotton fields of America and in the yam and cocoyam farms of Africa, so its kind of hard to suddenly get all wimpy dont you think.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by mamagee3(f): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2009
Black women rock the women's world!!!! tongue
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by iice(f): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2009
LOL if you think whites are submissive then. . . grin

Anyways. . .marry or date who you want to.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by dreeldee: 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2009
tpia.:

black women worked just as hard as the men in the cotton fields of America and in the yam and cocoyam farms of Africa, so its kind of hard to suddenly get all wimpy dont you think.
While I agree that black women had their own share of physical labor then, It was mainly taking care of their homes and children. Besides it happened long time  and we cannot keep using the events of over a century as a reason for that. A lot of black women don't wana hear the word "submissive",to them it's like the slave-master idea and this is perception is wrong.  
beingme:

black women re not single but THEY RE JUST TAKING THEIR TIME. so get that right
How long more before reality hit you hard in the face that you're missing out on time and not taking your time.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by platinumnk(f): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
dreeldee:

A black man having a relationship with a white girl isn't a sign of weakness because it's usually the first thing that comes to most black women's mind who sees a black man with a white girl. As a man first of all and secondly black, Black men don't want a "strong black woman" who will at the end of the day emasculate them . We don't want a woman who will be overly jealous and would bring the roof down before realizing it's just a friend. We don't want a woman who will respond to our sigh with ten sentences. We don't want a woman who will talk back at us even when it's unnecessary. She will nag us till she can't find her voice. We don't want a woman who will break our properties because we had a quarrel. We don't want our women trying to exercise their strength in the house all in the name of "equal rights" unnecessarily. Not saying one sex is better than the other but to carry that "I don't wanna be viewed as being weak" mentality thereby always getting into the "man of the house" fight is just not needed. One thing for sure, we love the black confident woman but not when she moves around with the "strong black woman" bull shit. We want the kind of women who will massage our ego not destroy them. The most desirable trait any man especially we black men wants in a woman is the act of submission, not the slave-master kinda submission. This trait eludes a lot of black women. All we want is for you to take your femininity in high regards and make us feel like the MAN same way your confidence is felt and we'll be your king and "servant". My list goes on and on, do you still wonder why a lot of black women are still single? And the black men running off with the white women? Common ladies, what happened to those traits Momma passed on to us, the ones she applied to her relationship in its 30th year? We want our black women back.

How do u figure out that these are qualities/traits of a black woman? I dont do any of those things, does that make me asian?? tongue tongue tongue tongue angry

You have your own twisted view of women as a whole and the change has to start with you. cool cool cool
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by dreeldee: 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2009
platinumnk:

How do u figure out that these are qualities/traits of a black woman? I dont do any of those things, does that make me asian?? tongue tongue tongue tongue angry

You have your own twisted view of women as a whole and the change has to start with you. cool cool cool

I agree there are excemptions, you might not do it but not every black woman is exempted. Nah! It's not my just my view but from a lot of people and I have read blogs, talked to friends, seen it on TV, it's not just my idea. have you seen the moive "Diary of a tired black man"? You need to then you'll realize this isn't just my view but millions of black men. 
[size=4pt]what's up?[/size]
iice:

LOL if you think whites are submissive then. . . grin

Anyways. . .marry or date who you want to.

Yeah I think they're (not all same just as not all black women)
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by platinumnk(f): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2009
dreeldee:

I agree there are excemptions, you might not do it but not every black woman is exempted. Nah! It's not my just my view but from a lot of people and I have read blogs, talked to friends, seen it on TV, it's not just my idea. have you seen the moive "Diary of a tired black man"? You need to then you'll realize this isn't just my view but millions of black men.
[size=4pt]what's up?[/size]

Ok, but maybe those are highlighted to keep up with the sterotypes just like poverty constantly shown on TV, whereas the popular belief
that everyone one is Nigeria is living in Huts. cool grin
But seriously from reading a lot of posts from women here, they dont show traits of those qualitites that you are questioning.
Funny, they had a brief post on a website  yesterday of a white woman who had demolished her bf new Escalade. The woman wasnt even arrested.  tongue
The weird thing is that few ppl realize that white women do things too, so it doesnt matter the race. tongue

[size=4pt]I messaged you a while back over the Josh thread, but u never responded[/size]
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by iice(f): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2009
dreeldee:

Yeah I think they're (not all same just as not all black women)

Hah! cheesy
Anyway. . .i guess why some women find the word submissive hackles raising, is the context some men convey it to be, nevermind the emphasis placed on it cheesy
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by ruskiee(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2009
Black women,wake up and smell the coffee. tongue
But seriously its all about attitude problems.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by dreeldee: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2009
platinumnk:

Ok, but maybe those are highlighted to keep up with the sterotypes just like poverty constantly shown on TV, whereas the popular belief
that everyone one is Nigeria is living in Huts. cool grin
But seriously from reading a lot of posts from women here, they dont show traits of those qualitites that you are questioning.
Funny, they had a brief post on a website  yesterday of a white woman who had demolished her bf new Escalade. The woman wasnt even arrested.  tongue
The weird thing is that few ppl realize that white women do things too, so it doesnt matter the race. tongue

[size=4pt]I messaged you a while back over the Josh thread, but u never responded[/size]

True that. A lot of it has to do with stereotypes but when some stereotypes continue to reoccur and it gets to a certain stage, it' becomes more than just that. It might have started as a stereotype but it's gone past that now. Even though the women you know might not be like that but it does exist very much now everywhere.

[size=3pt]Really? I didn't see it im sorry. I only read of recent how the money raised is been mismanaged by his family[/size]
iice:

Hah! cheesy
Anyway. . .i guess why some women find the word submissive hackles raising, is the context some men convey it to be, nevermind the emphasis placed on it cheesy

Lol you're right but should we be bothered about the delivery or the message being delivered? Most long lasting marriage/relationships usually involve submissive women plus several other qualities the men must also exhibit.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by topup: 3:33am On Nov 29, 2009
'dreeldee' I am really disappointed, that here is a black man (I'm assuming) with stronger prejudices than I've heard some of my 'white' friends say about black women. I suppose you think we're all easy, we all wanna trap you down in a long term relationship, you probably assume we are snoopy, don't have any career goals or nothing better to do than to shout down black men.

Well you know what, maybe you should take a walk for a bit. I think black women especially African women, being more traditional than western white women have always respected the authority of a man, where will you find a woman who is so afraid to leave a marriage because she feels that everything will fall on her shoulders, and people would call her a bad wife. Where else do you see women who tolerate a lot of crap, not just because they have been emotionally blackmailed into staying in a relationship, but because it just isn't done in their culture?? Where, tell me.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed that you think all the 'evidence' you've given have been true depictions of the issues that cause black women to stay in the zone of singledom, Really.

If we were to really analyse the reasons, I could go on and on, but I actually don't believe that black women are as 'single' as people make it out. I know several black women who are opting to open their minds, much like their male counterparts have done for decades, and marry non-black men, some have successful marriages and relationships and other don't, but we are becoming less and less loyal, if anything.

Black women - though I don't like to say this and reinstate it, are unfortunately seen to be at the bottom of the pyramid. Whilst the black man is congratulated on his sexy hot temper, his wild strength, his argumentative-ness, his passion and drive, their female counterparts are labelled ANGRY BLACK WOMEN.

Well, I have met many black men who have confirmed to me, that any man who says that they don't want a strong woman, is a man who is not sure of himself. No woman should make a man feel less like a man, fair enough, when love comes into the equation even a celebrity could be made to feel like dirt. But making someone feel like a piece of crap is not gender-determined, after all there are charities that deal with women involved in domestic violence. This is not confined to any sex or race, a woman who thrives on making her man feel below her, obviously isn't going to get too far in life, and if all black women are like this, then we should all be single, we would have all been single and you probably wouldn't have been born, a mixed-race equivalent of you (with probably a better understanding of black and white dynamics would have been born instead).
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by platinumnk(f): 3:37am On Nov 29, 2009
topup:

'dreeldee' I am really disappointed, that here is a black man (I'm assuming) with stronger prejudices than I've heard some of my 'white' friends say about black women. I suppose you think we're all easy, we all wanna trap you down in a long term relationship, you probably assume we are snoopy, don't have any career goals or nothing better to do than to shout down black men.

Well you know what, maybe you should take a walk for a bit. I think black women especially African women, being more traditional than western white women have always respected the authority of a man, where will you find a woman who is so afraid to leave a marriage because she feels that everything will fall on her shoulders, and people would call her a bad wife. Where else do you see women who tolerate a lot of crap, not just because they have been emotionally blackmailed into staying in a relationship, but because it just isn't done in their culture?? Where, tell me.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed that you think all the 'evidence' you've given have been true depictions of the issues that cause black women to stay in the zone of singledom, Really.

If we were to really analyse the reasons, I could go on and on, but I actually don't believe that black women are as 'single' as people make it out. I know several black women who are opting to open their minds, much like their male counterparts have done for decades, and marry non-black men, some have successful marriages and relationships and other don't, but we are becoming less and less loyal, if anything.

Black women - though I don't like to say this and reinstate it, are unfortunately seen to be at the bottom of the pyramid. Whilst the black man is congratulated on his sexy hot temper, his wild strength, his argumentative-ness, his passion and drive, their female counterparts are labelled ANGRY BLACK WOMEN.

Well, I have met many black men who have confirmed to me, that any man who says that they don't want a strong woman, is a man who is not sure of himself. No woman should make a man feel less like a man, fair enough, when love comes into the equation even a celebrity could be made to feel like dirt. But making someone feel like a piece of crap is not gender-determined, after all there are charities that deal with women involved in domestic violence. This is not confined to any sex or race, a woman who thrives on making her man feel below her, obviously isn't going to get too far in life, and if all black women are like this, then we should all be single, we would have all been single and you probably wouldn't have been born, a mixed-race equivalent of you (with probably a better understanding of black and white dynamics would have been born instead).

Where do u live?? I must buy you a drink for that exquisite post!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by topup: 3:39am On Nov 29, 2009
platinumnk:

Where do u live?? I must buy you a drink for that exquisite post!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOL!! *Looks at your location, *sigh* *
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by nene1: 3:42am On Nov 29, 2009
Is this a characteristic of AFRICAN black women now as well? I thought this was a stereotype about AMERICAN black women.

Well anyway, I don't know where many black men get the idea that white women are submissive. You mean to tell me that white women are more submissive than african women? White women are so spoiled and pampered it's ridiculous. I thought BLACK african women were the ones known for being submissive and taking care of their men. How many african men do you know who share the housework with their wives? This post is so ridiculous. Just because white women are easier to get into bed and are more open to doing nastier things in bed does not mean they are easier to get along with. I guess sucking a man's d*ck does stroke his ego lol, Well I guess sex is more sacred for african women. IN GENERAL we are not as quick to give up something so precious to just anyone.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 29, 2009
When did you Africans begin to engage in black men Vs black women Vs White women talk? Please keep it in America.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Gabry(f): 3:46am On Nov 29, 2009
dreeldee, Im dissapointed in you. Uve been abroad and out from your country, do you even think those white ladies are that great?

U are deceiving yourself. The whites might not nag as much but they throw stuff here and there, they waste all your money for their shimmy shimmy lip gloss and their hair and clothes and their pet dogs and cats dressing them like some paris Hilton's Chihuahua and above all that, most of them can't cook and clean these days. . .

I dont know what are you rying to say here really.  undecided

Than again, me and you are all generalizing. . . . . My housemate ( a Nigerian male has ben trying to date Whites and Asians for a very long time because he thinks the same way as you do but whenever he tried, he gts different types of qualities in a woman. The whites to him seems to be very dirty people. . . They dont clean and they dont care about how their hair turn out to be and in he end of the day, it ends up looking like a dry weedgrass. . . But they are very understanding set of folks and very open minded for that matter.The Asians are filled with jelousy and hatred and they are mostly very insecure of themselves but they are very clean and neat most of the time and can cook and they take care of their partner. ) Still, every individuals are made different on this planet. Its up to you to choose who you actually want to be with and no to choose their race.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by nene1: 3:47am On Nov 29, 2009
stillwater:

When did you Africans begin to engage in black men Vs black women Vs White women talk? Please keep it in America.

My point exactly. This is an AMERICAN issue. Most african women are NOT single. Most african men marry african women. It's akata men that are running off to oyinbo.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by nene1: 3:49am On Nov 29, 2009
Gabry:

dreeldee, Im dissapointed in you. Uve been abroad and out from your country, do you even think those white ladies are that great?

U are deceiving yourself. The whites might not nag as much but they throw stuff here and there, they waste all your money for their shimmy shimmy lip gloss and their hair and clothes and their pet dogs and cats dressing them like some paris Hilton's Chihuahua and above all that, most of them can't cook and clean these days. . .

I dont know what are you rying to say here really.  undecided

Exactly. You cannot say a white women knows how to take care of a home better than an african woman. Please. African women spoil their men. Where do you think so many african men got their huge egos and chauvinistic attitudes from? Our society teaches us that men are the head of the house so I don't know where these guys are getting this bs from that we are too confrontational and want to challenge them lol,
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by topup: 3:53am On Nov 29, 2009
stillwater:

I know, lol!!

I think dreeldee needs to buy a copy of Cosmo mag, and read all the comments and stories western white women openly discuss about problems with their boyfriends and also how they solve them, which most of the answers result to 'leave him - he's not worth it.' But in a way, if Black men are complaining that we should be more 'white' then I feel to shout out to all those black women suffering out there, and tell them, 'it's not worth it, leave him'. 'we're not expected to stick things through, we don't have to force ourselves to do anything we don't want to do, if it doesn't feel right, leave him, find someone else.'
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:54am On Nov 29, 2009
nene1:

Exactly. You cannot say a white women knows how to take care of a home better than an african woman. Please. African women spoil their men. Where do you think so many african men got their huge egos and chauvinistic attitudes from? Our society teaches us that men are the head of the house so I don't know where these guys are getting this bs from that we are too confrontational and want to challenge them lol,
add the big stomachs in there too.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by sweetpie23: 3:59am On Nov 29, 2009
the real reason  black men date white women is because they are easy, cheap and goes with anything as compared to black women. no matter how ugly black woman is, she value herself. she doesn't just throw her self cheaply at guys, we know what we want, that is why a lot of people called black women loud and strong. we are not loud, we just know what we want and men do not take us for a bow ride, as a result, black men have look for at alternative, white women give them sex easily, and as we all know our black men like to act like GOD tongue they like to be in control, and white women are easily control. poster I think you may like to take some note down tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by brooklyn99: 4:06am On Nov 29, 2009
while i think this post is partly correct, some parts of it are kinda silly. first off, black women are the ish (i'm colombian), especially nigerian women.nothing like a black woman. the characteristics u described of the black women are synonymous with BENIN WOMEN (watch all the benin women take umbrage) grin.
as for the silly belief that white women are submissive wait till the day she calls u nigga outta anger cus that what u gone always remain to her. if u get married she's scheming to take half. someone said theyre not nearly as clean/hygenic as blacks.NOT!!! every race has its share of dirty stinky-butts. but, wait till the day u catch ur white gal effing the mail man and u raise a ruckus, ure going to jail buddy. trust me it aint worth it. i aint racist but bro ure better off sticking with ur own kind if u got this kinda shallow mentality. and whats with ibo guys and white gals and why does the average black guy end up with the ugliest, fattest, white chic in town. the trailer park reject? why is it that the only time u see a BEAUTIFUL white woman on the arm of a brother is when he's Tiger Woods, Seal, or some other star athlete or rapper? undecided
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by OAM4J: 4:29am On Nov 29, 2009
I think the OP is somehow confused, but thanks topup, you have clearified & said everything that has to be said.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by mamagee9(m): 4:53am On Nov 29, 2009
this is something no one here will wanna acept but the truth is that compared to all other races, black women are seen as the least attractive race

oh well that sucks being that i am black too, but we just have to take care of ourselves and be ourselves

in oprah show i heard that 70% of black american women are single
i was really hurt but what da hell
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:00am On Nov 29, 2009
mama_gee:

this is something no one here will wanna acept but the truth is that compared to all other races, black women are seen as the least attractive race

oh well that sucks being that i am black too, but we just have to take care of ourselves and be ourselves

in oprah show i heard that 70% of black american women are single
i was really hurt but what da hell
i believe it was 70% of black women arent married, that doesnt mean they are single.
anyway mama-gee something about you tells me you dont like being black.
AHHHHH i dont want no problems but ive been reading some of your post and they strike me as odd.
you say some things that make me believe you think being black is at the bottom of the food chain or that black people arent good enough, even though you are black.
and YES this topic is about BLACK AMERICAN women not AFRICAN WOMEN so thats an issue they need to debate out on their own forums.
"sucks being that im black too" i mean WHO SAYS THAT!?
kinda starting to remind me of Nairaland's infamous oneluvb55 undecided
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by mamagee9(m): 5:15am On Nov 29, 2009
^^^^

are you fuckin kiddin
what i meant is that the notion about black being the least attractive race sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the way you put it
undecided undecided
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:22am On Nov 29, 2009
they don ban you again? lol
this one na your 10th account.
kai! mama-gee oooo. but you sure do live up to your name, just like patience ozokwor's character.
anyway. . .
its not just this post.
but nevermind, ill drop it.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by brooklyn99: 6:56am On Nov 29, 2009
alotta black women aint single ;THE AMAKA is definitely single tho!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps - To Get Your Ex-girlfriend Back / Is MouthAction Godly for Married Couples? help! / My Funny Experience With Padded Bum Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.