Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi (25142 Views)

Ben Bruce And El-Rufai Trade Words On Twitter Over Abuja-Kaduna Railway / Photos Of Air Force Helicopters Providing Cover Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway / Amaechi, Sirika Appear Before Senate Over Abuja Airport Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Kingbuhari(m): 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
apart from federal appointment , amaechi can't any political office again in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by HHH7king: 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by MayhorE(m): 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
that's y u are going for health care?

thief
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Wallade(m): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
I stand with Amaechi on this issue. Safety measures require the government and contractor to shut down the airport for the period of repairs. We apologize for the inconveniences caused the public and stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by mr1759: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
bros even if u nor wan resign, we nor even know weather u dey exist before. if na because of this your irrelevant office u come dey fight goodluck . u error
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by idupaul: 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:
No wonder Goodluck Jonathan could not govern this country effectively. sometimes you can't help but wonder what Nigerians really want.

They cry that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world and its tarnishing our image. If only we can have a president that can tackle corruption Nigeria will be the richest country on earth. Now we have a president tackling corruption and 80% of Nigerians are insulting him.

They cry that Nigeria has no maintenance culture yet an airport is being scheduled for maintenance and they are all crying.

We just want to eat our cake and have it.

Nigeria needs leaders like Buhari. A leader strong enough to make unpopular decisions.

Show me a single corrupt person that has been prosecuted and how exactly corruption has gone..We want Buhari out period!!!

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by MalcoImX: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
maasoap:

They don't want to lose their lives, yet they don't want inconvenience for just few weeks.
You see am bro!

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by legibow: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Make una die there , don't leave.... Na small thing una dey use spoil una good work....
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by UncleJudax(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
blaise00700:
Here is one of the "Change" agent that subjected us to so much hardship.

Anyone wanna join me for lunch?
So you been de chop 3 full chicken before?
Tap from your storage or use chicken-flavoured ingredients. grin
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by hopkinsnoni(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Politicians always developing new strategies to steal. Smh....

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Lastborn12(m): 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
adonbilivit:
wallahi mutane basuda kiriki. alhaji Amaechi, ka ci gaba kawai. bura ubansu haters!!!

Wallahi ubanka, daniska yaro kai, allah yaisa, wawane kai
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by adonbilivit: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lastborn12:

Wallahi ubanka, daniska yaro kai, allah yaisa, wawane kai
gafara Dan Allah. INA ruwanka awanan magana? hater kawai
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by crestedguy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
blaise00700:

kolomentality
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by psalmsjob: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:
No wonder Goodluck Jonathan could not govern this country effectively. sometimes you can't help but wonder what Nigerians really want.

They cry that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world and its tarnishing our image. If only we can have a president that can tackle corruption Nigeria will be the richest country on earth. Now we have a president tackling corruption and 80% of Nigerians are insulting him.

They cry that Nigeria has no maintenance culture yet an airport is being scheduled for maintenance and they are all crying.

We just want to eat our cake and have it.

Nigeria needs leaders like Buhari. A leader strong enough to make unpopular decisions.

Wow so on point! With people like you there is hope for Nigeria.

The confused elements can not silence us if we don't let them.

Haters can but hate but Nigeria must survive them. You got to be strong will to lead a people like Nigerians particularly when some profess to be Jews by nature even Moses had a hard time leading them despite the fact he was a Jew too.

Until a plane crashes there before they will blame the government and score cheap political points they won't let work be done but that's if you're clueless like you pointed out.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Akainzo(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
dechriscool:
Lamed excuse from a misfit personality who studied English and linguistic but end up having a portfolio to double for minister of transport and Aviation.Where does he have the brain to think engineering.
What's the work of flood light at a construction site?All the construction work done by Julius Berger during the night. How many death has being recorded?
If your fear is to resign at any misfortune that occur during the night work at the airport tarmac.There you lied cos no politicians resign in this country for any death cause directly or indirectly by them.
Recent southern kaduna massacre comes to mind.No body made an attempt to arrest the perpetrator or prosecute the security agencies for lack of prompt respond to arrest the situation

It would be quite erroneous to think the Aviation minister would not have qualified engineers working for him or that he won't have taken inputs from them.

Let us do an hypothetical repairs as proposed by some smart Alec to work at night. Let us say the Abuja runway is 2Km, and we carry out repairs on a section, 100m at point 880m on the runway. Below are the issues that come up:

1. Would that section completely cure before the next morning?
2. If it is not cured enough, can it then support the load of a laden aircraft?
3. Would it be safe for an aircraft to be landing on a runway where you are not sure can support your weight?
4. Should the section give way and an accident occurs, would you not have to then close the same runway/airport?

Some things aren't rocket science, but it is the politics in Nigeria that is definitely the problem.

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Lerumo: 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
I think the real question should be, why an international airport of Abuja's caliber have only one runway?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by yinkslinks(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
Bura uban wei?
adonbilivit:
wallahi mutane basuda kiriki. alhaji Amaechi, ka ci gaba kawai. bura ubansu haters!!!
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by jrusky(m): 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
See ineffective buffoon talking if you don't resign you will resign later or being fired one day soon keep hanging on your day is about to come like a thief in the night. Amaechi you will still ends up go back to your village sooner or later Mr failure.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by publicenemy(m): 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:

Show me a single corrupt person that has been prosecuted and how exactly corruption has gone..We want Buhari out period!!!

Go and kick him out.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by omsal84(m): 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
maasoap:

They don't want to lose their lives, yet they don't want inconvenience for just few weeks.
. Who are the 'they'?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by idupaul: 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:

Go and kick him out.

Don't worry Nigerians will definitely send him out the same way they sent him in prick

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by adonbilivit: 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
yinkslinks:
Bura uban wei?
kai hater ne?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by omsal84(m): 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sammiejokes:
amechi ride on even if the closure is for one year ride on, a runway built to last 20years now used for 34 years if major accident occurs all this mofos will shout buhariiiii ooooo. just do your job the way it should be done
.Is like your people don't travel by air?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by eakenbor: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Misleading headline. Nairaland needs to start employing trained journalists as mods or train them as journalists. Nobody said those words you put in inverted commas. He simply said when things get wrong they would be asked to resign but he doesn't want that. Not that there are calls for him to resign and that he is refusing to.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by yinkslinks(m): 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ha Ha tembeya na yi.
adonbilivit:
kai hater ne?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by publicenemy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:

Don't worry Nigerians will definitely send him out the same way the sent him prick

Dream on.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by bizza45: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
blaise00700:

i swear you own is finished if dem catch u...
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by adonbilivit: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
yinkslinks:
Ha Ha tembeya na yi.
na ce bura uban haters!!! wallahi, ba ruwan mu da su. ubansu ya ci uwarsu
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by idupaul: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:

Dream on.

Keep deceiving yourself ..whether you like it or not Buhari will never ever be reelected

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by yinkslinks(m): 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hahaha Haba aboki na ankali fa.
adonbilivit:
na ce bura uban haters!!! wallahi, ba ruwan mu da su. ubansu ya ci uwarsu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm / Makinde To Tinubu: APC Will Not Rule Nigeria Beyond 2023 / Dapo Abiodun Meets With Babatunde Fashola Over Otta-Abeokuta Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.