Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi (25137 Views)

Ben Bruce And El-Rufai Trade Words On Twitter Over Abuja-Kaduna Railway / Photos Of Air Force Helicopters Providing Cover Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway / Amaechi, Sirika Appear Before Senate Over Abuja Airport Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by adonbilivit: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
yinkslinks:
Hahaha Haba aboki na ankali fa.
ba matsala abokina.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by AntiWailer: 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
They will read headline and start writing rubbish.

Please read.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
Bari22:
we are behind u lion of ubima, if you neglect the airport wailers will wail, now that you are trying to fix it they are still wailing.
stop using the wailing word. It was coined after the inauguration of this government to represent those who weep and are meant to weep more when this useless government turns Nigeria to Dubai.. Now the government has made Nigeria become like Zimbabwe and southern sudan... Wailers have since been vindicated

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by toshmann(m): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:
No wonder Goodluck Jonathan could not govern this country effectively. sometimes you can't help but wonder what Nigerians really want.

They cry that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world and its tarnishing our image. If only we can have a president that can tackle corruption Nigeria will be the richest country on earth. Now we have a president tackling corruption and 80% of Nigerians are insulting him.

They cry that Nigeria has no maintenance culture yet an airport is being scheduled for maintenance and they are all crying,then when an air plane crashes as a result of lack of maintenance they will all call for Buhari's head.

We just want to eat our cake and have it.

Nigeria needs leaders like Buhari. A leader strong enough to make unpopular decisions.

You need to travel abroad to see how airports are maintained. You dont have to close down the ONLY airport in the capital just to do repairs.
Anyways, I reluctantly admit that even this situation, is better than an airport not being maintained at all.

And talking of airports, we need more than one airport in Abuja or Lagos. And no, I'm not saying we should build more airports, let us upgrade the nearest airports to those cities. I hear minna is not too far from abuja, their airport, if any could be upgraded. Or kaduna airport, whichever is close. Same thing in lagos.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by ephi123(f): 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
toshmann:

You need to travel abroad to see how airports are maintained. You dont have to close down the ONLY airport in the capital just to do repairs.
Anyways, I reluctantly admit that even this situation, is better than an airport not being maintained at all.

And talking of airports, we need more than one airport in Abuja or Lagos. And no, I'm not saying we should build more airports, let us upgrade the nearest airports to those cities. I hear minna is not too far from abuja, their airport, if any could be upgraded. Or kaduna airport, whichever is close. Same thing in lagos.

It's amazing the people defending this decision can not just see the common sense in this statement. How on earth do you SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY the only International airport in the CAPITAL CITY of the most populous black nation. What kind of madness is that?

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by kizyalex10(m): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Have not heard that an African leader,resigned.joke of the year.for what!!!!!have the looth finished?even when the job given to them is beyond their task,they will sit tight there nnd watch it spoil other than resign for capable hands to take over.africa is so backward?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by kizyalex10(m): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Have not heard that an African leader,resigned.joke of the year.for what!!!!!have the looth finished?even when the job given to them is beyond their task,they will sit tight there nnd watch it spoil other than resign for capable hands to take over.africa is so backward
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by EMEBROS(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
HAVE NOT BEING HERE FOR A WEEK, BUT ALMOST EVERYTHING HERE, IS MAKING ME ASK, IS THIS WHAT I WANT? FROM MISLEADING HEADING, TO INABILITY OF LOTS OF NAIRALANDER TO READ AND COMPREHEND BEFORE SPEWING T.RASH! NIGERIANS NEED A MASSIVE REORIENTATION ELSE WE GOING NOWHERE.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by ddippset(m): 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
dechriscool:
Lamed excuse from a misfit personality who studied English and linguistic but end up having a portfolio to double for minister of transport and Aviation.Where does he have the brain to think engineering.
What's the work of flood light at a construction site?All the construction work done by Julius Berger during the night. How many death has being recorded?
If your fear is to resign at any misfortune that occur during the night work at the airport tarmac.There you lied cos no politicians resign in this country for any death cause directly or indirectly by them.
Recent southern kaduna massacre comes to mind.No body made an attempt to arrest the perpetrator or prosecute the security agencies for lack of prompt respond to arrest the situation
imbeciile on the loose. someone get a chain.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by klbakare(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
dechriscool:
Lamed excuse from a misfit personality who studied English and linguistic but end up having a portfolio to double for minister of transport and Aviation.Where does he have the brain to think engineering.
What's the work of flood light at a construction site?All the construction work done by Julius Berger during the night. How many death has being recorded?
If your fear is to resign at any misfortune that occur during the night work at the airport tarmac.There you lied cos no politicians resign in this country for any death cause directly or indirectly by them.
Recent southern kaduna massacre comes to mind.No body made an attempt to arrest the perpetrator or prosecute the security agencies for lack of prompt respond to arrest the situation
foolish oversabi engineer. What Amaechi was trying to say is that, the kind of maintenance needed is not one that can be carried out overnight. Read well before spewing trash.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by ddippset(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
toshmann:

he said so many things. he said the runway was meant to last for 20 years but has lasted 34 years. is there another runway? abroad people have been doing mainatainance regularly but iam very sure this would be the first msintainance since it was built. imagine comparing maintanace at Heathrow to maintainance at MMA. Over sabi too dey worry una.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by APCmyheart(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
alcmene:
Like Jammeh like Amaechi and his lanky employer currently bed-ridden in London hospital.

What a Stewpid comment, Not sure you even read before comment all you see is i cannot resign..
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by APCmyheart(m): 5:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
gurunlocker:
Lol... that's the norms in Naija or Africa, Public office holder no dey resign.

lol go read the write ups first..
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by APCmyheart(m): 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
dechriscool:

One of the daft comments i have read so far, So they should construct airport runway at night and let plane land the next morning? I swear Govt and leaders are not really our problem but we the masses..

That road should have been repair 14yrs ago but they fail to repair it, The same runway damage Lufthansa airline landing gear not long ago and you see nothing with that... Now we see Govt that ready to do what is right and we are still going against the government..

I SMH for Nigerians no wonder our leaders cannot do anything..

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by erico2k2(m): 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
MalcoImX:
Good man. The little inconvenience of traveling from Kaduna to Abuja is what they don't want. If anything happens they'll be the first to wail as usual.
You forgot we are traveling by rd
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by senatordave1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
Guys,amaechi is right on this.itz better to close down the airport and do total repairs than doing half repair and if lives ar list,amechi would be called to resign.total closure of the airport for repairs to save lives supercedes the other argumentz based on economic and prestige reasons.moreover,we never reach oyibo level to be doing peacemeal repairs.up buhari and apc
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by BigIyanga: 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ii
publicenemy:
No wonder Goodluck Jonathan could not govern this country effectively. sometimes you can't help but wonder what Nigerians really want.

They cry that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world and its tarnishing our image. If only we can have a president that can tackle corruption Nigeria will be the richest country on earth. Now we have a president tackling corruption and 80% of Nigerians are insulting him.

They cry that Nigeria has no maintenance culture yet an airport is being scheduled for maintenance and they are all crying,then when an air plane crashes as a result of lack of maintenance they will all call for Buhari's head.

Nigeria needs leaders like Buhari. A leader strong enough to make unpopular decisions.
What a wilful display of ignorance. A strong leader vacations in the UK when his soldiers are bombing IDP camp?
Did Mandela ever get treated in the UK?? Leadership is an action not body language
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Mufasa27(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jimyn:
Lion of ibiza abi where them call am
Ibiza ke
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by publicenemy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
BigIyanga:
Ii
What a wilful display of ignorance. A strong leader vacations in the UK when his soldiers are bombing IDP camp?
Did Mandela ever get treated in the UK?? Leadership is an action not body language

You are a very big fool. When did he travel to the U.K? And would you compare South African health system to Nigeria's. Your father GEJ was in power for 6years and made a mess of the health sector now you want Buhari to fix all that mess in 2years.... You are just a fool.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by obayaya(m): 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:

Nobody is saying they shouldn't rebuild the runway.. We are only saying that they don't have to close down the Airport to do it. That's the position of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Manufacturers association of Nigeria.

In fact, Engr Otis Anyaeji - the President of NSE explained the position of the Nigerian Society of Engineers succinctly on Channels on Saturday citing examples.

Now, If the government won't listen to the body of Engineers, the manufacturers and the organised private sector, I wonder who they will listen to.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Seankay323: 6:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
No need to resign Sir u are saving lives some have killed and still stayed in power. Please if dey do nothing to fix d runway and something bad happens ppl will say Bulgari has killed ppl. Blame past government if u want to blame anybody. Can ppl live in a house about to be demolished?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by publicenemy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
obayaya:

Nobody is saying they shouldn't rebuild the runway.. We are only saying that they don't have to close down the Airport to do it. That's the position of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Manufacturers association of Nigeria.

In fact, Engr Otis Anyaeji - the President of NSE explained the position of the Nigerian Society of Engineers succinctly on Channels on Saturday citing examples.

Now, If the government won't listen to the body of Engineers, the manufacturers and the organised private sector, I wonder who they will listen to.

I'm sure they would have listened to various expert advices before making their decision.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by obayaya(m): 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:

I'm sure they would have listened to various expert advices before making their decision.

Which expert did they listen to? When the body of engineers in the country are saying you don't have to close the airport to do this.

The expert is probably an engineer and he/she is a member of the NSE. So I really doubt that.

I can only think of one factor that could be influencing their decision. And that's money.

Doing it only at night will mean better equipment, fast setting concrete etc
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by maasoap(m): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
omsal84:
. Who are the 'they'?
Whoever is complaining, be it individuals or associations or group of people.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by BigIyanga: 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
publicenemy:

You are a very big fool. When did he travel to the U.K? And would you compare South African health system to Nigeria's. Your father GEJ was in power for 6years and made a mess of the health sector now you want Buhari to fix all that mess in 2years.... You are just a fool.
Since GMB is your father, go and hold him to campaign promises of no more medical treatments abroad
Since IDP bombing is a great achievement, may you be displaced by BH and bombed by NAF. How about ur compassionate and saintly president go and visit those victims?How about your holy Pope GMB stop food short/malnutrition and hold those accountable? How about father direct all health and good aid to IDP camp and personally have his doctors monitor and supervise health services? How about moving those victims to a govt hospital in Abj?Who are you going to blame for IDP bombing and food crisis??
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by ceo12: 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
just observed that alot of people doesn't read before commenting
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Horlufemi(m): 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
One of the reasons Western world is better than us is they do things safely. if you build the biggest building in the world but it's unsafe, they just believe you haven't built anything.

On our matter, it's untill a plane looses it landing gear before we think safe. I blame the FG though. they should have just built 2 runways at least one for emergency and the other as a daily driver.

Ameachi is right in closing the airport for 6 weeks instead of patching for 2 years

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Sammiejokes(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
omsal84:
.Is like your people don't travel by air?
so because your family fly every day they should stop the closure, when they die beyond recognition from plane crash we will be here to sympathize with your zombiism and blame buhari.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Prettyenit18(f): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
Why do they want to close abuja airport?
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Prettyenit18(f): 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Why do they want to close abuja airport? undecided
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by toshmann(m): 11:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
ddippset:
he said so many things. he said the runway was meant to last for 20 years but has lasted 34 years. is there another runway? abroad people have been doing mainatainance regularly but iam very sure this would be the first msintainance since it was built. imagine comparing maintanace at Heathrow to maintainance at MMA. Over sabi too dey worry una.

My problem is not "over sabi", YOUR problem is not knowing what you deserve. For your information, forget heathrow, many african airports don go far. Dem dey here de decieve una say Nigeria is the giant of Africa. Na only for population o.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by sapele914(m): 12:34am On Jan 24, 2017
alcmene:
Like Jammeh like Amaechi and his lanky employer currently bed-ridden in London hospital.
You probably don't have parents?why glorify such a thing of someone been bed-ridden?probably a young lad that is not yet aware of the reality of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Meets With Babatunde Fashola Over Otta-Abeokuta Road. / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Akande’s Book Put A Lie To Tinubu’s Denial - AriseTV / Chris Finebone Defects To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.