Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo (1869 Views)

Can Someone Explain The Feeling Of Disgust, Remorse And Disdain After Sex.? / Do You Love Thick Women, Come & See This Full Package (photos Of Thick Sa Lady) / How Many Types Of Kpekus Do We Have? Pls Name And Explain Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
I need full analysis from our ladies;

What happened here?

Genesis 16

AMP:And Sarai said to Abram, See here, the Lord has restrained me from bearing [children]. I am asking you to have intercourse with my maid; it may be that I can obtain children by her. And Abram listened to and heeded what Sarai said.

AMP:So Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar her Egyptian maid, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his [secondary] wife.

AMP:And he had intercourse with Hagar, and she became pregnant; and when she saw that she was with child, she looked with contempt upon her mistress and despised her.

AMP:Then Sarai said to Abram, May [the responsibility for] my wrong and deprivation of rights be upon you! I gave my maid into your bosom, and when she saw that she was with child, I was contemptible and despised in her eyes. May the Lord be the judge between you and me.

I just want to understand what she really wanted.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by pweetixandy: 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
Divepen1:
I need full analysis from our ladies;

What happened here?

Genesis 16

AMP:And Sarai said to Abram, See here, the Lord has restrained me from bearing [children]. I am asking you to have intercourse with my maid; it may be that I can obtain children by her. And Abram listened to and heeded what Sarai said.

AMP:So Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar her Egyptian maid, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his [secondary] wife

AMP:And he had intercourse with Hagar, and she became pregnant; and when she saw that she was with child, she looked with contempt upon her mistress and despised her.

AMP:Then Sarai said to Abram, May [the responsibility for] my wrong and deprivation of rights be upon you! I gave my maid into your bosom, and when she saw that she was with child, I was contemptible and despised in her eyes. May the Lord be the judge between you and me.
the mistress being Sarah right?
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by dingbang(m): 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
That tells you women are complicated

2 Likes

Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2017
At least Faithful Abraham didn't go bashing Haggai behind Sarah's back....
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Softorgasm(m): 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
op that was in the days where men are allowed to get married to multiple women and as you can raed, sarai gave her maid to hagar for her husband to sleep with so that she can bore him a child because sarai was unable to conceive..
It's no big deal .
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
dingbang:
C'mon!, how long was she without a child?.

That was a good woman who wanted a child for her husband but could conceive at the time, so she sold the idea to her husband and he accepted.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
You do know how unrealistic that sh*t sounds, right
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nma27:
At least Faithful Abraham didn't go bashing Haggai behind Sarah's back....
Hmmm.. But why did she come accusing him again.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
dingbang:
That's it oo..
pweetixandy:
Noi.. Haggai
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by jonaifame22(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
I guess sarai must have been eavesdropping by the window side to hear her maid moan as she received abraham's kondo

1 Like

Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
Softorgasm:
op that was in the days where men are allowed to get married to multiple women and as you can raed, sarai gave her maid to hagar for her husband to sleep with so that she can bore him a child because sarai was unable to conceive..
It's no big deal .
I just want to understand the psychology behind her going back to accuse him.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
SirWere:
You do know how unrealistic that sh*t sounds, right
Na you come sabi ooo..
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by dingbang(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
C'mon!, how long was she without a child?.

That was a good woman who wanted a child for her husband but could conceive at the time, so she sold the idea to her husband and he accepted.
ehen and then wat happened... iffa konk u eh..
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by bibijay123(f): 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
Divepen1:
I just want to understand the psychology behind her going back to accuse him.

She accused him because she felt he had given her maid the right to disrespect her.( despise). Sometimes we think we can stand a certain situation until we find ourselves in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
bibijay123:

She accused him because she felt he had given her maid the right to disrespect her.( despise). Sometimes we think we can stand a certain situation until we find ourselves in it.
I'm not despising her. I just want to understand if she meant he should have disagreed with her?
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by firstking01(m): 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
Smh, and i thought there were bible scholars on nairaland who should 've by revelation understood why God allowed sarai to use abraham and produce the muslims today, rather dingbang and his crew are upthere arguing what i cannot even comprehend.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by bibijay123(f): 8:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
Divepen1:
I'm not despising her. I just want to understand if she meant he should have disagreed with her?

I don't think so. But in my opinion I think she probably felt lonely afterwards especially when the pregnant maid started acting up. You too imagine it nau, the hubby wld surely give the pregnant lady more attention which will breed jealousy in the madame of the house.

1 Like

Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
dingbang:
ehen and then wat happened... iffa konk u eh..
Lol.
Whatever happened was on mutual agreement.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
bibijay123:

I don't think so. But in my opinion I think she probably felt lonely afterwards especially when the pregnant maid started acting up. You too imagine it nau, the hubby wld surely give the pregnant lady more attention which will breed jealousy in the madame of the house.
Hmmm.. You have a good argument there. And I'm getting the fact the women love their men to give them total attention.

Thanks..
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
First tym am seeing an almost reasonable thread on nl, bt still, it seems dat d op is high wit (dnt knw) 2 dig bck 2 genesis for a question dat wil nt contribute anything to ur spiritual, physical, financial, moral, nd even ur academic life. TOO BAD
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
First tym am seeing an almost reasonable thread on nl, bt still, it seems dat d op is high wit (dnt knw) 2 dig bck 2 genesis for a question dat wil nt contribute anything to ur spiritual, physical, financial, moral, nd even ur academic life. Too bad
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by dingbang(m): 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
firstking01:
Smh, and i thought there were bible scholars on nairaland who should 've by revelation understood why God allowed sarai to use abraham and produce the muslims today, rather dingbang and his crew are upthere arguing what i cannot even comprehend.
am only trying to point out the complicated nature of women... am not talking about the divine significance ....
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
MrAkias:
First tym am seeing an almost reasonable thread on nl, bt still, it seems dat d op is high wit (dnt knw) 2 dig bck 2 genesis for a question dat wil nt contribute anything to ur spiritual, physical, financial, moral, nd even ur academic life. Too bad
It did add. Bro. A lot.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Magnoliaa(f): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
that "manipulation" is actually a "gift of influence". Evry woman's got it and it can be a virtue if use wisely like esther and abigail, it can also be a vice if used wrongly e.g eve, the wife of herod, jezebel and so on....

How u ever wondered how come adam was able to heed to the "urging" of his wife while forgetting a COMMAND given to him DIRECTLY from GOD (his creator, as in the creator of the universe!)?

That just shows how powerful that "gift" is!

And abraham too...some one dt God visited (isnt that such an honour?) and told him he'd have a child. Wait, God PROMISED him! And in d blink of an eye, he forgot that huge promise and was giving in to his wife's idea....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by femi4: 4:51am On Jan 26, 2017
pweetixandy:
Don't you have Bible? Abi you no dey attend Sunday school
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by Divepen1(m): 4:58am On Jan 26, 2017
Magnoliaa:
that "manipulation" is actually a "gift of influence". Evry woman's got it and it can be a virtue if use wisely like esther and abigail, it can also be a vice if used wrongly e.g eve, the wife of herod, jezebel and so on....

How u ever wondered how come adam was able to heed to the "urging" of his wife while forgetting a COMMAND given to him DIRECTLY from GOD (his creator, as in the creator of the universe!)?

That just shows how powerful that "gift" is!

And abraham too...some one dt God visited (isnt that such an honour?) and told him he'd have a child. Wait, God PROMISED him! And in d blink of an eye, he forgot that huge promise and was giving in to his wife's idea....
Hmm.. Deep
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by ayobase(m): 5:31am On Jan 26, 2017
Women are known to be impatient and complicated.

The fact that Abraham didn't interfere while Sarah maltreats Hagar is commendable, cos same Sarah would have accused him of favouritism.

Women sha...Drama Queens and Princesses.
Re: See How Sarah(of The Bible) Manipulated Abraham. Women Come And Explain Oo by anukulapo: 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Softorgasm:
op that was in the days where men are allowed to get married to multiple women
And from what point were they forbidden?

(1) (Reply)

I'm Finally Here!!!!!!!!! / Why Agberos Will Never Find Decent Women To Marry / Check Out Me And My Doll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.