Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

"People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu (29601 Views)

PDP Convention 2017: Delegates Chase Out Senator Buruji Kashamu / They Would Die Before They Would Arrest Me - Nnamdi Kanu Says (Video) / 'You Will Die Before Mr President' Written On A Car In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by dyangprof(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2017
yeye man.
na em make u dey spend money yanfuyanfu fa wedding last week at abeokuta abi?
ya cup don full.
even d OPC wey u won hire don wise, so dont wast ya money.
i advice u to jejely enta aeroplane go ansa ya case.
idiot. see as he fat like........
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by kheengdiamond(m): 8:39am On Jan 30, 2017
our schools may be quack.....but we have common sense there is no adewale jare
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by TWoods(m): 8:43am On Jan 30, 2017
seunmsg:

Before you can extradite a Nigerian citizen, it must be sanctioned by a court of competent jurisdiction. You don't just pick people up on the street and ship them to God knows where.

And yes, he was tried by the US authorities for the same offence in the UK some years ago and he won the case. They want to try him all over again in the US for the same case simply because they couldn't manipulate the British court. The principle of double jeopardy will apply and that is why NDLEA cannot approach a Nigerian court for an extradition hearing. They have no case.

The US has made an extradition request, they have not asked to pick him off the street so i don't see where their request is illegal. Second, the principle of double jeopardy does not apply because he was tried in a british court... the current indictment is in a US court... a completely different legal jurisdiction... so how is that double jeopardy?

Frankly, only in Nigeria do we vote ex-convicts who are under indictment in other countries for fraud and drug laundering into our senate... and we're surprised the rest of the world considers us a joke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by TWoods(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2017
seunmsg:

It's really sad reading so many uninformed post on NL. Dick Chiney was indicted in the Haliburton bribery scandal, the US did not ship him to Nigeria to answer to all his crimes. Why we are so eager to throw Kashamu under the bus is what I don't understand. Even the British refused to extradite the same Kashamu to the US when he was in their custody. Why should he go to the US when we all know he won't get a fair hearing in that country?

Dick Cheney was indicted but there was no case to be made against him... that is clear. In the US, even presidents are made to pay for crimes. In Nigeria we make our own criminals senators... that is what is uninformed.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by dederocs(m): 8:47am On Jan 30, 2017
Cocked up stories...blame it in the dead brother, lol.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by jomoh: 8:48am On Jan 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Kashamu cannot be extradited until a competent court in Nigeria says so. American court does not have jurisdiction over Nigeria. If the US justice department and the NDLEA are so convinced of Kashamu's guilt, they should institute an extradition case against him and let the court decide.

And for those commenting without understanding the history of the case, I urge you all to Google and read the two separate judgements delivered by British courts as regard this same case. Extraditing Kashamu illegally to go and answer another case in the US will be a violation of the principle of "double jeopardy". In law, there must be an end to prosecution.

Brother thank you for this. I really don't know the details of the case beyond the story made into film Orange is the new black but your explanation makes for a sensible reflection.

I always knew it was wrong for a souverign state to just bundle her own citizen to another country without benefit of doubt.

Guilty or not, China will not even entertain such. Even if you present them with the most glaring evidence.

If the British didn't extradite him then why should we? Because someone powerful hates him so much? unfortunately I really like the person that hates him so much but not more than my country.

I may not like Kashamu as a person but he is a Nigerian no matter what. The only thing I can sign off a Nigerian for extradiction is corruption. Its only because it affects my country and her people negatively.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by otus4me(m): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2017
do u want it cold.
Smhart1:
Can I get a cup of water please ?
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by indoorscholar(m): 8:51am On Jan 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Kashamu cannot be extradited until a competent court in Nigeria says so. American court does not have jurisdiction over Nigeria. If the US justice department and the NDLEA are so convinced of Kashamu's guilt, they should institute an extradition case against him and let the court decide.

And for those commenting without understanding the history of the case, I urge you all to Google and read the two separate judgements delivered by British courts as regard this same case. Extraditing Kashamu illegally to go and answer another case in the US will be a violation of the principle of "double jeopardy". In law, there must be an end to prosecution.

Do u feel better after vomiting that nonsense?
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by TWoods(m): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2017
jomoh:

Brother thank you for this. I really don't know the details of the case beyond the story made into film Orange is the new black but your explanation makes for a sensible reflection.

I always knew it was wrong for a souverign state to just bundle her own citizen to another country without benefit of doubt.

Guilty or not, China will not even entertain such. Even if you present them with the most glaring evidence.

I may not like Kashamu as a person but he is a Nigerian no matter what. The only thing I can sign off a Nigerian for extradiction is corruption. Its only because it affects my country and her people negatively.

Can you imagine someone like Kashamu becoming a top government official in China? He would long have been executed.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by UAE123(m): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

What do you people really mean by clear your name? If he is wise he can't go there because it is clear he has been judge even before the case is heard.
For how long do you expect him to be explaining himself & planning to put the lives of able body youths at risk or running/hiding from NDLEA officials who are seriously after him.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by martineverest(m): 8:55am On Jan 30, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

What do you people really mean by clear your name? If he is wise he can't go there because it is clear he has been judge even before the case is heard.
and so?....is he special dat he cant go to jail?is he better than those that are in jail?..do u know what he did when he was a drug pusher?...isnt he an american?.....y claim nigerian when u dont wan to go to jail?
Isnt it shameful and stupid that we are known to vote ex-convicts and 'confirmed' criminals in power? A la fayose,obanikoro,saraki,stella oduah etc
Its a pity we celebrate rich thieves,even when he threatened to take lives....smh for u
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by jomoh: 8:55am On Jan 30, 2017
TWoods:

Can you imagine someone like Kashamu becoming a top government official in China? He would long have been executed.

Let us be the one to execute him and not throw him to the lions den in the name of looking good.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by uruuru: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2017
Another enemy of Fayose. All the enemies of Fayose and d ones looking for his downfall will suffer shame n embarrassment this years. Useless Kashamu.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by magoo10(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2017
kashamu you must go and answer for your crimes as a drug lord and when did you start trusting the fg? i guess that was when you starting doing their bid to cause confusion in your party by sponsoring factions to the admiration of the ruling party.
but guess what ? your ass is about to be fried if you like bring 1million people to die for you.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by kolado(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2017
TWoods:

The US has made an extradition request, they have not asked to pick him off the street so i don't see where their request is illegal. Second, the principle of double jeopardy does not apply because he was tried in a british court... the current indictment is in a US court... a completely different legal jurisdiction... so how is that double jeopardy?

Frankly, only in Nigeria do we vote ex-convicts who are under indictment in other countries for fraud and drug laundering into our senate... and we're surprised the rest of the world considers us a joke.
Basically, the proper thing to do is to file an extradition request to the the office of the Attorney General of the federation. Which they have done and not illegal according to the Extradition Act. Secondly, he was tried in the British court by the same US justice department and he won. What does that mean? It would amount to double jeopardy, if he's tried for same offence by same prosecutor whether before a US court or British court. There must be an end to litigation. If they've new evidence on new set of facts they can order a retrial anyway.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by TWoods(m): 9:00am On Jan 30, 2017
jomoh:

Let us be the one to execute him and not throw him to the lions den in the name of looking good.

But we aren't executing him. We made him a senator! We've already put ourselves to shame.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by ccasilas(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2017
The El chapo of Nigeria.
Go and face your Mario game (boya lo ma wale)
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by keniolawumi56(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2017
Awon eyan 90 heroin cartel. Hon. Sen. Thank you for letting US know your plan, but mind you if you turn all Ogun state Pple to OPC it's won't safe you from been extracdict.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 30, 2017
Go and clear your name now while you have time, tomorrow may see an old man in jail
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by helinues: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2017
dfrost:

Don't be ashamed of your place brother. He doesn't represent all Ijebu people.

Yeah I know, but we are more advanced to be playing politics of food.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by alfsalami: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2017
The man is not saying he will die , he said people will die ! I hope these marked for death are listening o .
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by helinues: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2017
Goke7:

Honestly me sef de shame and to think he's the one representing my senatorial district. I ask my relations in Ijebu, how come this man emerged as senator, they told me the kind of megabucks he doled out and that if not that amosun was a bit tactical, he would have lost his second term bid to the pdp in ogun state who was heavily funded by kashamu.

Anyway as for his threat of people dying, I think we now have another Apostle Sulaiman part 2, DSS need to invite him too for his reckless statement.

2019 is around the corner. We have to make sure such thing do not occur and mreover the power should go to Yewa/Awori.. "He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by sexysailor(m): 9:40am On Jan 30, 2017
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by Lloydfather(m): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2017
Kondomatic:
He pushed drug and he's not even from South East?

You don't mean it.

what u people don't know is that Igbo are not highest drug pusher in this country just that they found it difficult to obtained American and European visas were its safe to do drug business because of tribal politics in Nigeria. they settled for Asian visas which is very easy for them. Yoruba are the highest drug dealer followed by edo, Igbo, and Hausa. but Yoruba, and edo only base in America and Europe couple with fetish sacrifice they do to succeed, Hausa based theirs in Saudi and other gulf countries couple with high rank political connection they seems to also succeeding but igbos does their in amateur way by going to the countries that are hostile to drug pushers without political connection thats why they are been caught every now and then.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by jomoh: 9:41am On Jan 30, 2017
TWoods:

But we aren't executing him. We made him a senator! We've already put ourselves to shame.

Google the word "triad" in China and tell me how many of their high profile members has been tried and execute for crimes commited in other countries.
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by sexysailor(m): 9:42am On Jan 30, 2017
ar u sure
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by poyet(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2017
All this ranting is a vivid indication this guy is very guilty!
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by hush15: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2017
UAE123:
Senator sir, while not simply go to the U S A and clear your name with all this story & explanations of your late brother being the person that committed the offense & not you legally instead of your stories & also risking the lives of those you intend to employ to protect you with their own lives.

My brother or sister, which ever one you fall into: let's not because of pepper is sweet, we should now use it to rub eye.

What US is trying to do, they will never accept it from any other country. Rather, they will ask that the person be prosecuted in the US. While I dunno if Kashamu is innocent or guilty, but I know it's wrong for US to want to extradite any Nigerian to go face prosecution in the states while they won't make themselves available to such.

They should be patient and watch him enter the States and then they can go ahead and do what they like but as it is now, they should forget any extradition as it is an insult to our sovereignty.

If they can report and escalate then deal with the case in nigeria, then go chill. It's like going to a fathers house to pick up his son and take him to ur place then punish him there....

Are they God?
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by EbolaParasite: 10:09am On Jan 30, 2017
seunmsg:

Double Jeopardy bawo? Only applies to US citizens na. Is he a US citizen?
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by billyG(m): 10:12am On Jan 30, 2017
this man shld b charged for attempted murder angry angry angry angry
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2017
Escobar Kashamu
Re: "People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2017
So he's guilty of the crime. who voted a drug pusher to become a senator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff Congratulates Makarfi Over Supreme Court Victory / INEC Includes Zamfara APC Candidates On The Ballot / Governor Zulum Visits Idriss Debby, Chadian President (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.