Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,895 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Almost Paradise - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (143214 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by ernesty20(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2017
queenitee:

Easier said than done. This is a child she trained from infant, ko easy. The only claim Ella has on the girl is that she gave birth to her.
shut the fvck
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 9:32pm On May 24, 2017
ernesty20:
shut the fvck
You again?
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:10am On May 25, 2017
ernesty20:
shut the fvck
shocked
Re: Almost Paradise by harjibolar10(m): 5:41pm On May 25, 2017
I coment my reserve

Keep em coming ma'am
Re: Almost Paradise by Nkysuccess(f): 10:25pm On May 26, 2017
Wonderful story, pls Candy keep it up. l will advice that Liz should focus on her son and leave Dara and Ella alone for now, Otunba will surely regret his actions
Re: Almost Paradise by Nkysuccess(f): 7:03pm On May 28, 2017
Candy, where u nah? Pls come and continue the story
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:38am On May 29, 2017
Nkysuccess:
Candy, where u nah? Pls come and continue the story
Will update in a bit. I'm trying to maintain two updates in a week. Happy democracy day.
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 3:21pm On May 29, 2017
candy:

Will update in a bit. I'm trying to maintain two updates in a week. Happy democracy day.
Same here ma'am....

U did well dropping two updates. Nice.
But pity us, most of us long to read your updates regularly. It's like watching a movie series and all of a sudden, the next series got hooked up somewhere... That will definitely 'kill' the 'sweetness' of it all.
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 3:37pm On May 29, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Same here ma'am....

U did well dropping two updates. Nice.
But pity us, most of us long to read your updates regularly. It's like watching a movie series and all of a sudden, the next series got hooked up somewhere... That will definitely 'kill' the 'sweetness' of it all.
Like seasonal movie. Waiting for the next season after watching one can be annoying and sad and after waiting for so long without getting it, you lose interest. But its not going to happen with this story, ain't losing interest
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 3:57pm On May 29, 2017
queenitee:

Like seasonal movie. Waiting for the next season after watching one can be annoying and sad and after waiting for so long without getting it, you lose interest. But its not going to happen with this story, ain't losing interest
I really do hope so Queen. Candy is such a sweet lady. We have never lost Interest in any of her earlier stories, it wnt happen now.

Candy, plz Dnt let us down
Re: Almost Paradise by Nkysuccess(f): 12:12am On May 31, 2017
candy:

OK, am waiting o. And same to you dear
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
This is to my biggest fans of the week...queenitee and Skimpledawg.

CHAPTER 27

The door to the 10-bedded ward was wide open and a neatly fitted mosquito net was firmly in place. Though a private hospital, it didn’t have the sophisticated look of the private hospitals located in the highbrow areas of the city, even the crowd of patients that thronged the hospital complex were more of middle-low class earners.

At the far end of the ward, Tobi sat on the spring bed, propped on a hard pillow, he had a hardcover open before him, placed rather too close to his eyes, looking all well. Liz looked at Deji. She smiled nervously and held his hand and increased her pace. He squeezed her hand in return.

“I told you he’s fine.” Inspector Kay said, looming over them like a giant balloon. A petite matron welcomed them to his bedside, giving the inspector a knowing smile. “This is Tobi’s mother.” Inspector Kay told her.

“Welcome madam.” She said.

“Mummy!” Tobi sprang off from the bed, hugging his mum tightly. “I was just thinking the woman coming looks like my mum!”
Liz wiped tears from her eyes unsuccessfully, then decided to let it all out. She broke down and cried, her body throbbing, all eyes on her.

“Take it easy ma, some of the children are sleeping.” The petite matron tried to calm her down while everyone looked on.
Dr Deji moved closer and placed a hand on one shoulder while Tobi held on to the other shoulder with his right hand-the other one was cast in a pop. “She’s letting out the pent up stress.” Dr Deji mumbled, more to himself or to an unseen person, than to the sick and recovering children and their parents who looked on in silence.

Liz turned to the inspector with misty eyes; “Can we go home with my baby today?”

“With all pleasure, madam! Once we clear with the doctor, I will report to my DPO and do some paper work and you can go home from there.”

A flicker of genuine amusement crossed Tobi’s face for the first time in over two months. He had been through a lot in the last few weeks because he didn’t know his mother or uncle’s number off hand. Thankfully, he was not molested or kidnapped. He blinked and cleared his throat, looking at the matron, he said; “Can I pack the beverage that man bought for me?”

“Which man?” Deji and Liz asked at the same time.

The matron smiled and held Tobi’s good hand, “He meant the man that hit him. He’s a good man, and has settled Tobi’s bill. Tobi, you can take them all, they are all yours.” She said.

Liz helped him packed everything in a small gift bag and helped him get into a new shirt and knee length combat short. “Let’s go see the doctor.”

“Can I come with you?” Tobi asked, anxious to leave the hospital that has been his home for the past two weeks.

“Yes you can, just leave your bag behind so you can come and say goodbye to your friends in the ward.” The petite matron said with a smile, leading the way out of the ward, down the hall to the doctor’s office.

“There is a patient with oga.” Another nurse called out to the petite matron as she turned the knob of the doctor’s office down at the end of hallway, the end of the hall that overlooked the reception.

She pulled back and led them to the reception. “Please sit down and wait here. As soon as the patient comes out, you can go in.” She patted Tobi on the arm and left.

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
“Elizabeth!” An important looking woman called out to Liz. She squeezed her eyes as if trying to put a name to the face. The woman was gorgeously dressed, reeling of affluence. The staff rallied round her, two struggled to take her bag as she walked towards stupefied Liz.

“Wow! That’s the wife of the MD ma.” Inspector Kay whispered, seeing Liz in a new light. A few feet from her, it struck. “Yemi Williams!” Liz screamed in excitement, “Oju e ree!” The two women were locked in a warm embrace, not minding the crowd at the reception. The nurses murmured, the patients grumbled. The old friends chatted in excitement.

“I’ve not seen you in over six years, what are you doing here? This is my husband’s place.”

“It’s a long story. This is my son, Tobi,Dr Deji and inspector Kay. ”
Mrs Williams turned to Tobi and the rest, noticing them for the first time. “Tobi? He’s such a big boy now. He was like six or seven last time I saw him.”

Tobi greeted with a bow, Deji shook her hands and the inspector waved at her from a safe distance.

"That's the missing boy we told you about ma." One of the nurses offered.

"Really? Is that why the inspector is here?"

"Yes, I'm here so we can reunite the boy with his family ma." Inspector Kay told her.

A wave of relief swept over her and she smiled. "I was wondering..."

"You are safe ma." Inspector Kay caught on the joke and said with a respectful smile.

“Please, come with me.” Mrs Williams led them to her husband’s elegantly furnished office.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 01, 2017

“Hmmm...” Mrs Williams sighed after Tobi narrated his ordeal. She drew him to herself and patted his back, “So, you mean the driver accommodated you and didn’t report at the police station or tried to reach your uncle who was his friend?” She asked. They were sitting in one of the living rooms in the Williams’ Ajah mansion.

“He lost the phone he had my uncle’s number on, and he told me going back to my dad and Aunty Ella was too risky.”

“He should have brought you to Ibadan now” Liz observed. “He knows my house.”

“He drove her everyday and he promised to take me when he had his weekend off, said he had something to tell you. But I left to trace my uncle’s office on my own and got hit by a car...”

Liz was moved to tears again. She was hearing the story for the second time since today. First at the police station, then now.

“Where is your daughter now?” Mrs Williams asked, turning to Liz.

Liz wiped one hand wearily down her face. Her eyes were sad. She had deliberately left out Darasimi’s part of her story, no one except for close relatives knew she didn’t birth Darasimi. She had been friends with Mrs Williams since her days in the school of nursing but they lost contact when she dropped out of school to take care of Darasimi. Luckily, they re-united a few years later, only to lose contact again due to Mrs Williams’s busy schedule. All the years, her friends thought she left school because she got pregnant. Telling her Darasimi is not her daughter was a heavy one for her.
Liz cleared her throat and wringed her fingers in shame. “She’s ...em...she’s...”

“She’s in Ibadan, still in school. She’s doing fine.” Dr Deji answered from the adjoining sitting room, unable to hide his displeasure at Mrs William’s prying questions. She had insisted on going to the police station with them, had forced Tobi and Liz to ride with her while Deji rode alone in his car. The last straw was when she insisted they stay over in her house so they could catch up on old times.
Since they entered the Williams mansion, he had felt slightly uncomfortable. The level of opulence was in no correlation with the hospital. “How many branches of the hospital does your husband have?” He had asked and she had answered none, except the one they were just coming from. The house was so tastefully furnished it could only belong to a politician or a friend of politicians.

They turned to face him-Liz relieved by his timely intervention, Mrs Williams angered by his interruption. “She must be a big girl now,” Mrs Williams said with clenched teeth, “Do you have a picture of her on your phone? The last time we saw, she was preparing to write GCE.”

She had a picture of Darasimi on her phone, in her heart. Saying she didn’t have it would be absurd. She brought out her phone and scrolled through the pictures painfully. The pictures were good memories of her old life. She scrolled to the one they took on her last birthday, the last one they took together. Darasimi was all smile and beautiful there. She handed the phone to her friend.

Mrs Williams stared at the picture, a distant gaze in her eyes, as if she was seeing something beyond the screen, beyond the phone itself. “This is your daughter?” She asked finally, sweat breaking out on her brows.

“She’s my daughter.” Liz answered, not lost to the sudden change in Mrs Williams expression. “Is everything ok?”

“Yes. Please excuse me. I’ll be right back.” She said.

4 Likes

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
@D9ty7,Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga, Hadampson, Akinwale14, Enigurl,
Re: Almost Paradise by PoliticalThuG(m): 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
All This Small Small Update Wey No Reach Anything. Wetin We Go Take Am Do?
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 02, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Thank you ja re, at least you left a comment!

@all, the next update comes after 20 comments. When you comment on a story/update, the writer may get an idea from your comments that'll make the plot thicker, because writing here is different from when you write outside...here, you are rushing to give tantalizing updates regularly, we need all the inspiration we can get!

Abeg, let's endeavor to not only read and praise the writer- let's type our thoughts on the story update! Thank you people!
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 8:50am On Jun 02, 2017
A whole update dedicated to me. Everybody, come and help me thank God o.

I think Mrs Williams knows about Darasimi. She might be friends with Ella, who knows? And I think she's the one who would help Liz.
Doctor Deji, berra go and sit down, I still don't like you.

Thanks for the update ma.
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
This one that you said something that doesn't have to do with criticism, thank God o.
Re: Almost Paradise by waluga(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2017
tooorh AAAHHHHHHH NKAN NBE....this IRIRI AYE candy.....thumbs up dearie
Re: Almost Paradise by PoliticalThuG(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2017
queenitee:

This one that you said something that doesn't have to do with criticism, thank God o.
Hahaha Iffa Woozz You Slap
Re: Almost Paradise by talk2saintify(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Anuda Chumzypinky in the Making

Like Candy Like Chumzypinky smiley smiley smiley

AWesome Write Up Candy

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Hahaha Iffa Woozz You Slap
No go there o undecided
Re: Almost Paradise by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
talk2saintify:
AWesome Write Up Candy
wetin Chumzypinky Sabi? Abegi
Re: Almost Paradise by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
talk2saintify:
AWesome Write Up Candy
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
awwww sweet mama candy... Thanks for the dedication.
Very lovely updates u dropped here mama.

Uhmmm.... Mrs. Williams! Nice suspense u hooked us with here.
You are beginning to pick up steam again... Please sustain it cheesy

Just an observation tho... How come Tobi escaped and up till now Otunba does not know?
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
Skimpledawg:
awwww sweet mama candy... Thanks for the dedication.
Very lovely updates u dropped here mama.

Uhmmm.... Mrs. Williams! Nice suspense u hooked us with here.
You are beginning to pick up steam again... Please sustain it cheesy

Just an observation tho... How come Tobi escaped and up till now Otunba does not know?
Thank you! Now, that's what i'm talking about, keep the comments coming.

Your observation: otunba didn't know because it was DR Deji that saw it online...he just stumbled on the news that a young boy was hit by a car, taken to the hospital, but couldn't tell them his parents' name and couldn't give their number. I guess TObi didn't want to give the police otunba's number so they won't take him back to him.

Let's see how the story unfolds...more to come! Enjoy the weekend bro.
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 9:00am On Jun 03, 2017
candy:

Thank you! Now, that's what i'm talking about, keep the comments coming.

Your observation: otunba didn't know because it was DR Deji that saw it online...he just stumbled on the news that a young boy was hit by a car, taken to the hospital, but couldn't tell them his parents' name and couldn't give their number. I guess TObi didn't want to give the police otunba's number so they won't take him back to him.

Let's see how the story unfolds...more to come! Enjoy the weekend bro.
Thanks alot ma'am... Your explanation did alot to clear my doubts.

Oma Shey oo... Abeg, what's with Mrs. Williams? Coman update o. I can't sustain this suspense mbok
Re: Almost Paradise by Chumzypinky(f): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
i didnt see this
Re: Almost Paradise by talk2saintify(m): 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:

Pack Well Biko...... Na yhur way ah no blame yhu..

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by talk2saintify(m): 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ah jux op Mrs. Williams is Nat into an illegal Business of Buying and Selling of Babies

Anticipating yhur Update Candy

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by BlissfulJeff(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
nice update

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.