Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,582 members, 7,850,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo (7772 Views)

Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) / Biafra Not For Ndigbo Alone –ipob / Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by WINNERMENTALITY: 9:51am On Feb 03, 2017
gbosaa:

Don't mind these phools. Security agents and govts of those states know the sources of these fire outbreaks.
A market would burn and for hours nothing is done...traders who saved, borrowed to start businesses will lose and there would be no help from any one, govt will then announce the relocation of the market without compensating those who built it or invested for years paying exorbitant rents and other levies.

Same govt would be advocating for glazing funds for Fulani herdsmen whose businesses are worth millions.

One day go be one day.
my brother only people like us will understand....some folks who never had relations doing business in North or who are living in North dont know about a danm thing that happens in their so-called One Nigeria....
Before Boko haram the North has been a terrorist to southerners doing business there.... Boko haram got messier when they included muslims to their target...minus that it will just look like another Southern Kaduna crises that would only be treated online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by EternalTruths: 9:54am On Feb 03, 2017
madridguy:
You just hurt the bros feelings grin with your statement.

Hurt my feelings

You are funny

Let a referendum be conducted and you will see the NigerDeltans abandon One Nigeria cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by limeta(f): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2017
Even the dumbest Nigerian knows that an average Northern Muslim will rather be ruled by Buhari, a fellow Muslim even if a bag of rice is sold at N1m than be ruled by God himself if He (God) is not a Northern Muslim.

lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Stone03: 10:02am On Feb 03, 2017
protest or no protest, leave Igbos out of this. don't tribalize it please.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 03, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

my brother only people like us will understand....some folks who never had relations doing business in North or who are living in North dont know about a danm thing that happens in their so-called One Nigeria....
Before Boko haram the North has been a terrorist to southerners doing business there.... Boko haram got messier when they included muslims to their target...minus that it will just look like another Southern Kaduna crises that would only be treated online.

Very funny country. The only time the culprits of religious or ethnic riot was prosecuted was 1992 by IBB. Guess who the culprits were... Zaman Lekwot and co. Who is fooling who?

I had family in Sabon gari Zaria years ago. They never rested. Igbos living in tudun wada had to relocate to hospital road Sabon gari. Their shops were burnt, lives lost during riots which normally start from their mosques. When folks tried to defend themselves, military from nearby army depot and police would come to the shops to search for weapon till those guys left Zaria n kaduna state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by limeta(f): 10:08am On Feb 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Cowards! KeyBoard Warriors! LMAO! grin grin grin

You be yoruba and you muslim.
Fake chick

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by cirmuell(m): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by tommysparks: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2017
Allow the northerners to protest in their North, let them probably move to nasarawa GRA with protest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Thewrath(m): 10:15am On Feb 03, 2017
BermudaTriangle:
Bloody cowards chickening out already.
So you are settled in an enslavement area ?
It was never our protest,if you know how you voted buhari in,same way you should do the needful..
You guys are a complete mistake of a life looking for who to clean your mess!
Go and do your protest!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Thewrath(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2017
cirmuell:
Cowards, another name for Igbos.
It was never our protest,if you know how you voted buhari in,same way you should do the needful..
Go and do your protest!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by onward4life(m): 10:21am On Feb 03, 2017
villagecraft:
THE PROPOSED KANO PROTEST; A TRAP FOR NDIGBO

That a popular music star planned on leading a nationwide protest against the state of government-lessness in the country is no longer news.

That I Charles Ogbu fully endorse any action against the political Ebola we currently have in Asorock is not debatable.

But,

I find it criminally offensive that the organizers of the protest fixed the venue for the kano protest at Rumfa Primary School, Enugu road, Sabon Geri --a town that is over 90% Igbos.

It is my belief that considering the history of the Igbos in this country, any man or woman who chosed Sabon Geri --a place where Igbos live and make ends-meet in kano-- as the venue for a supposed national protest against an unrepentant Northern irredentist such as Buhari, does not mean the Igbos well. Matter of fact, such a person is only looking to spill Igbo blood.

Why Sabon Geri? Why not other neutral places in kano?

It shall never be well with anyone who plans on setting the Igbos up for another pogrom.

Asking the Igbos to use their home and venue for their business(Sabon Geri) to stage a protest against Buhari in kano is plain evil.

Even the dumbest Nigerian knows that an average Northern Muslim will rather be ruled by Buhari, a fellow Muslim even if a bag of rice is sold at N1m than be ruled by God himself if He (God) is not a Northern Muslim.

We don't need a Crystal ball to know that if this protest is eventually held in Sabon Geri, the Sharia govt of kano state will tag it an Igbo protest and certainly, there will be consequences ranging from "accidental" fire in the market to outright demolition under the guise of relocating the market. That is assuming the protesters who will be 90% 'Nyamiri' (Hausa's derogatory word for Igbos) are not shot dead or bombed right there at the venue.

The worst part of this whole thing is that if soldiers use live bullets on the Igbo protesters on the day of the protest, the same Nigerians who have been typing "We will protest", "IStandWith2Face", etc while holed up in peaceful places like Lagos and Port Harcourt will be all over Facebook gloating and blaming the same Igbos for protesting against a Northern Muslim president in kano of all places.

Recall how both pro and anti-Trump rallies were held all over the world including Lagos state on the day of Donald Trump inauguration. But when IPOB held their own rally in Port Harcourt, Nigerian security forces killed dozens of them and charged over 60 arrested others with TREASON. Simply for holding a rally.

And how did Nigerians react?

They blamed the dead IPOB members for holding a pro-Trump rally in Port Harcourt but said nothing to the security forces who murdered unarmed civilians simply for holding a peaceful rally which they had right to. The arrested IPOB members are still in jail, answering TREASON charges. And those morally bankrupt Nigerians who mocked the dead IPOB members and blamed them for holding a rally in rivers state are still the same people encouraging Igbos in Sabon Geri to use their home and business venue in kano to protest against a Northern Muslim president.

How many non Igbo Facebook user condemned that killing of the unarmed IPOB activists in Port Harcourt? How many? Most of them justified it. Go check their timeline. Even those ones who blamed the army for killing the road blocking Shiites (and rightly so) did a 360 degree U-turn and blamed the dead IPOB members for holding a peaceful rally.

Believe it or not, some Nigerians derive orgasm from any misfortune that befall an Igbo man.

Ndigbo, muru anya ka Azu! Use your #number6. We have sacrificed too much of our blood for this country already!

If you have loved ones in Kano, please, I beg you in the name of whatever you hold dear, pick up your phone now and tell them to stay away from any protest in the North. This is a trap to set the Igbos up for another pogrom.

Recall that the 1966 coup was organised by officers from almost every tribe in the country including Yoruba, Esa, Tiv and even Hausa fulani. Yes! Hausa fulani officers like Lt. Tijani Katsina and 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo were part of the coup plotters but even as I type this, an average Nigerian has continued to classify that coup as an Igbo coup and use same to justify the ethnic cleansing against Igbos living in the North then even when northerners started killing Igbos in large numbers as far back as 1945 in the Jos pogrom Iong before independence.

I understand that some of us who like paying heed to political correctness even at the cost of human lives will come here with all manner of lopsided logic but before you do, you will do well to remember how many times Lagos state govt has demolished markets occupied by mainly Igbo businesses under the guise of relocating them. I can tell you for free that some of those demolitions are punishments for your perceived support for Jimmy Agbaje during the last election.

Argue this from now till next year but please, if you value your life and those of your loved ones plus your businesses, you will stay away from any protest in kano. Those who put that venue at Sabon Geri are targeting you. This is a trap. And when this trap catches you, the same people typing "I Stand With 2Face" will turn around and ask you why you were protesting in another man's land. This is how consistently inconsistent an average Nigerian is.

Yesterday, I wrote that I would not hesitate to join forces with even Lucifer to protest against this death merchant from Daura. I still stand by it. But, if this my Lucifer partner asks me to lead the Kano branch of the protest while he leads the one in places like Port Harcourt or Lagos, I will look him straight in the face and tell him, "my dear Lucifer, go to hell!".

Charles Ogbu

Let abokis North protest them selves

It will be a giant foolishness to protest in the north by southerners.. especially the IBOs

And Ibos always like to use Hausas to control their population and then

seek sympathy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by EternalTruths: 10:23am On Feb 03, 2017
cirmuell:
Cowards, another name for Igbos.

Did we send you to vote for Buhari

Go and clean your mess and leave we Igbos out of it grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by obaaderemi: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Cowards indeed!they protested last month and were shot.What else do you want from them?wicked thing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by medpren: 10:37am On Feb 03, 2017
I've sent this message to some friends in Kano.
Any Igbo man who protests there should be seen as idiot. Let the yoruba muslims and hausas lead the protests AWAY FROM IGBO-DOMINATED AREAS.

Ohaneze Ndigbo, Kano should stop giving ultimatum and looking for bribes and start working to sensitize Igbos in kano against the protest. They should kick out any yoruba idiot that carries a placard around there and more importantly stay alert.

Ndi ara!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by YourMrBoo: 10:47am On Feb 03, 2017
Any Igbo man protesting is doing so at his own risk...
We warned them in 2015 they took us as fools.. .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by cirmuell(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2017
Thewrath:

Go and do your protest!
It was never your protest, but you guys are the ones screaming all over internet about the protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Lloydfather(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2017
any Igbo man that protest again buhari is just a fool. when we were campaigning against this man in 2015 this same people collect money from APC and composed music in solidarity with them now they want u to protest. no Igbo person should join this there useless protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by madridguy(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2017
Definition of Yoruba Muslim?

Anago5000:
yoruba muslim.typical of them .when is the final whistle?

1 Like

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Thewrath(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2017
cirmuell:
It was never your protest, but you guys are the ones screaming all over internet about the protest.

P.S #iStandWithBuhari You can crawl your head in a noose now.
You are just looking for a way to twist it and save face,we warned you guys about voting an illiterate,now it backfires and you want Igbos to come clean your mess,tell me where the Igbos were "screaming protest all over the Internet"
Our stand remains #itsNotOurBusiness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Deelaw(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2017
It's common sense for indigbos in kano to allow the indigenes to use their head to carry whatever they brought upon themselves through vote....It is dat simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Brightology2(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
SalamRushdie:
That Kano protest will be dead on arrival
says who mr? Am in kano and the protest is going to be live
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
The Afonjas should lead the fight.... we Igbos should just watch on the sideline..... Afonjas vs Aboki season 1... cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by abnsugbe: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Blessed16:
he said the right thing bro, we in kano here know how we live our lives wit ndi awusa

hahhaahhahahahaha..ndi hausa...make dem no locate u bro!!!
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by abnsugbe: 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
madridguy:
Even as a die hard Buharist, I still don't know why the Nigeria Police cannot protect citizens to stage a peaceful protest. Let people who think there is a reason to exercise their civil right pour out their mind. This is democracy. We all see how protest was staged across the world, against Trump.

The Nigeria Government should not denied anyone from freedom of expression.

I will stand with Sai Baba till final whistle.

olodo..u stand with Buhari inside room..come and protest and gets killed with the person u stand with.
U stand with him cos u na Muslim

1 Like

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by madridguy(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mtchew

abnsugbe:

olodo..u stand with Buhari inside room..come and protest and gets killed with the person u stand with.
U stand with him cos u na Muslim

1 Like

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Gboliwe: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
I agree with this. Those who have ears should hear.

I support tuface' protest though.
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by BermudaTriangle(m): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
Thewrath:

Go and do your protest!

And what makes it a Yoruba protest ? Such i sinuation could only have come from a sick and demented brain.

The use of "guy", an American slang, has become the standard english for Igbos since pidgin english is their region's lingua franca.
A people without ethics nor decorum.

2 Likes

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by PDJT: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
I doubt if any real Igbo man or woman will join that silly protest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiWw-yYzarM
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by DonCortino: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Igbos never voted the vulture in. So they ain't protesting shít! The protest is for those people who voted and felt betrayed by this government.

It has nothing to do with cowardice! We warned them! B4 2015 so let them face the music.

2 Likes

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Prinzyy: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
betterABIAstate:
And you think Igbo are interested in this protest?
Very true
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Prinzyy: 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[b]Cowards! KeyBoard Warriors! LMAO! [/]grin grin grin
Yorubas are the one hungry not igbos.
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

And what makes it a Yoruba protest ? Such i sinuation could only have come from a sick and demented brain.

The use of "guy", an American slang, has become the standard english for Igbos since pidgin english is their region's lingua franca.
A people without ethics nor decorum.
Why are you pained Mr. man undecided Abi na by force to protest again. Why the abuse....? Lead the protest oh Arokankanfo the great Afonja and leave the Igbos alone.... you voted PMB so face your palaver and quit drooling spittle every fucking where. cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BRACED: South South Leaders Launch New Security Outfit / Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas / Full List Of Newly Elected 109 Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.