Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia (59457 Views)

Blackface Angry As Faze Performs Plantashun Boiz Song Together With 2face / Charly Boy To Protest With NLC And TUC In Lagos Tomorrow / Gabriel Afolayan Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest With A Hilarious Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That is my problem with the current generation. They keep screaming, give the youths a chance to lead but so many of them lack the right mental reasoning capability to rule. That is why we keep recycling leaders. Is Tuface the kind of person to lead a revolution, when he stood side by side with those who squandered our resources.

We need innovative and sustainable ideas, not protest march. We need our young entrepreneurs to dialog with the government to come up with creative solutions to deal with our challenges.
i bet pictures of suicides , lynchings and rice thieves are more annoying
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
rose54321:

It depends entirely on his composure, if he dressed decently (as Tu Face did), spoke proper English (as Tu Face did) and made reasonable sense (as Tu face did). I would throw my sentiments away and listen to the message.

Lets be rational here, there is no SAINT in the world, there is absolutely no body that would organize a protest that cannot be condemned. We all fall short, some skeletons will be found.
Once you acknowledge this, you would understand how important it is to always listen to the message and pay very little attention to the messenger.

I just wanted to puncture your argument about 'ignoring the messenger', it is an often presented fallacy. Now you know.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by morningsta(m): 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/10-things-note-protest-2face-2baba-idibia/

@Op, I trust you are one of them APC paid apologists. Sorry to disappoint you, we we will stand with 2Face on this one. I may not agree with 2Face on everything but on this one, i am 100% with him. As a matter of fact, this protest is long overdue. some of us can no longer bear the pains of mis-governance. things have gone from bad to worst. I never imagined a day would come when Naira would be exchanging @ N500/$1, or cooking gas N6,800/12.5kg. a loaf of bread now sells between N300-N450 and kerosene is selling @ over N300/litre. when was the last time ou had power/light for 6 hours in a dya? i could go on and on. our politicians are as corrupt as they have always been.

Why is this govt. of opposition now afraid of opposition or dissenting voices?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by aviationguy: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mr.Writer,well you may have your basic understanding based on your write up is your personal opinion and submission you can live with it and should not be transfer to the real economic perspective.
2face and all Nigerians has the Right of Association,freedom of speech if you are not coming out to join is better you stay in your shell.
During the Fuel subsidy protest #OccupyNigeria the protest does help to put sanity in their brain of Federal Government then,so protest of this nature will further enlighten the present Government Enough is Enough.But Fayose,Fani Kayode,Akpabio should not join in the protest.......pls

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by samadet(m): 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
Oga,

No need to preach, nor educate us, for your information(if u no 4get) we can differentiate between left and right, we know what we stand for,

Sir, to be sincere with you, your write up is political and bias (that's a challenge we need to fight that is really affect us/our community), for that reason I advise you keep this to yourself only, Please can you answer this few questions;

1) Where were you in January 2012 ?

2) What did you write about the protest then ?

3) What is your definition of ''PROTEST'' ?

4) What will you gain if the protest hold or not ?

5) Why that protest then (2012 protest) ?

Answer this few questions, and I believe #commonsense will definitely come back to you,

Please be reminded that the major reason for the 2012 protest was Majorly because of HIKE IN FUEL PUMP PRICE, we can only be the change we want by telling/letting our government know that they have failed the common man on the street.

Bro, please can you state the difference between this Administration and the then Administration (Politics aside). If you care to know damages has really be done to this country especially by this government talk of Economy, FOREX, AVIATION, PUMP PRICE (PMS,AGO,DPK, Aviation fuel, GAS) even Food that a common man needs is unaffordable.

A piece of advise: Please mind what you will say, write or react on especially during this trying time in our country.

Abeggi make I just stop here, to just mention this few, coz I fit go on and on,

#istandwith2baba #commonsense #Feb6 #Greatnation

God help Nigerians!! God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ManTiger(m): 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
Tunesh:
Little sense in this....
FTC
I see no sense in it.

Getting a gift from the governor is very insignificant to the reason why he should lead a protest. Infact, 2baba is very balanced to lead a protest because this is not politically influenced
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
refreshrate:

If you can please show us one person this administration has ever listened to.

That's one

Two, you yourself which channels have you used to profer solutions in any form ? Or the current situation of the country does not affect you?

Once you people finish reading motivational speaker book finish you come here and start thinking you're better than everyone else

Show me one practical solution you've given the govt.

Yeye dey smell

Go and browse. There are many projects the government partnered with enterprising youths that yielded dividends. There are large farms the government supported financially, through loans and subsidized fertilizers. There are young enterprising youths engaging different government offices. We need more of these. We need our youths working hard to educate themselves in different projects. Many reach schools and do not read. So they have nothing to offer.

Our Celebrities should stop showing us their cars and bring the government closer to the people.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by tk4rd: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Dissecting a man's actions and position is not attacking him. 2Face is presenting many faces that are not in congruence with his claimed agenda for protests.

People like me have more to protest about Nigeria then he does. However, heating-up the system with a false messianic sense of relevance is not the solution to our problems.

What next after the protests?
So,, do you have any strategic plans for Nigeria.??
Tuface made it clear that people like you can join the ONLINE PROTEST..
Just present your plans, make it as clear as possible,, and hashtag it #IstandWithNigeria..
Even if you can't stand with Tuface, you can stand with Nigeria..
Be the thinking that we Nigerians need..
Volunteer yourself online.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by GreatLibra: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
im just looking at you
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by deobaba(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mudley313:

^^^APC propagandist on the loose, ewu...thunder fire your whole generation

Lol ...not up to 5 minnutes i posted a comment and i get quoted with this.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
like i said @ Op...
@ whoever wrote that (i won't grace your response with a name).....APC propaandist you deduced my political ideas from my cpomment on tuface's planned march grin grin grin grin...wow genius you.\
pick a category of whoever you belong to and also an issue to tangle with them on line...i'm sure you'd be fufilled......
You ain't gonna get any response beyond that son
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by samadet(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Oga,

No need to preach, nor educate us, for your information(if u no 4get) we can differentiate between left and right, we know what we stand for,

Sir, to be sincere with you, your write up is political and bias (that's a challenge we need to fight that is really affect us/our community), for that reason I advise you keep this to yourself only, Please can you answer this few questions;

Answer this few questions, and I believe #commonsense will definitely come back to you,

Please be reminded that the major reason for the 2012 protest was Majorly because of HIKE IN FUEL PUMP PRICE, we can only be the change we want by telling/letting our government know that they have failed the common man on the street.

Bro, please can you state the difference between this Administration and the then Administration (Politics aside). If you care to know damages has really be done to this country especially by this government talk of Economy, FOREX, AVIATION, PUMP PRICE (PMS,AGO,DPK, Aviation fuel, GAS) even Food that a common man needs is unaffordable.

A piece of advise: Please mind what you will say, write or react on especially during this trying time in our country.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by refreshrate: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
deobaba:
angry angry cry cry...Are you telling me that not even one of you kids here see any sense in what the op is writingGosh....ohh now i remember why i stopped reading Nairaland forums and discussions.Too many shallow minded, tribal infested internet surfing jobless dudes who just like being anti-anything that criticizes what they like..To be clear...I am a strong Tuface fan that probably knows 85% of all his songs off hand, grew up listening to him and cant seem to find anything wrong in what he does (even with the baby mamas and all) but does that make me not admit to the truth when i hear or better yet read t?Please please all you quick to type/insult trolls kindly highlight the portion of the article above that is false (with facts) so i can see the extent of how deluded you people really are grin grin grin. And to think that this write up is original yet people will read and type rubbish...wow embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed sad sad generation.At least if you must criticize cant you even admit that he has a point outta many
Anyway @ OP...thanks for making my day, unfortunately this forum is too polluted to expect kudos from anyone besides afew...I will definitely use your points above as reference when im engaged with some friends later this evening to see their own views on it.
and op....please rethink and subsequently try not to post anything about cerlebrities, politicians, religion e.t.c cause half of the pple here are minors whose idea of hero worship disillusions them from being objective and realistic....a few don't....very few

Dude it's a protest against the govt not project fame wherever you are.

Tuface is a musician so because of that he has no other aspects to his life?

Coming here chest beating about some level of God knows what? Here's one for you, empty barrels make the most noise ...you just personified this congratulations.

Now please swerve.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
refreshrate:

If you can please show us one person this administration has ever listened to.

That's one

Two, you yourself which channels have you used to profer solutions in any form ? Or the current situation of the country does not affect you?

Once you people finish reading motivational speaker book finish you come here and start thinking you're better than everyone else

Show me one practical solution you've given the govt.

Yeye dey smell

I am writing because I proffer solutions. I just came out of a meeting on how to engage youths productively. I practice what I preach.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Bluesearoll(m): 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
There is a MAN with 2 FACES

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Mavrick2012: 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

@op, i have taken some few minutes to go through your topics and comments, i observe 2 things,
1)you seem to be in tandem with this administration, are you being objective or just being sentimental?
2)i observe you are a Muslim, could this be weighing your sentiment.?
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
aviationguy:
Mr.Writer,well you may have your basic understanding based on your write up is your personal opinion and submission you can live with it and should not be transfer to the real economic perspective.
2face and all Nigerians has the Right of Association,freedom of speech if you are not coming out to join is better you stay in your shell.
During the Fuel subsidy protest #OccupyNigeria the protest does help to put sanity in their brain of Federal Government then,so protest of this nature will further enlighten the present Government Enough is Enough.But Fayose,Fani Kayode,Akpabio should not join in the protest.......pls

The Occupy Nigeria protest was a no to the removal of Petrol Subsidy. This is a protest that things are hard. It is not specific. There is no immediate solution for the cry, unlike Occupy Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Mudley313: 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Go and browse. There are many projects the government partnered with enterprising youths that yielded dividends. There are large farms the government supported financially, through loans and subsidized fertilizers. There are young enterprising youths engaging different government offices. We need more of these. We need our youths working hard to educate themselves in different projects. Many reach schools and do not read. So they have nothing to offer.

Our Celebrities should stop showing us their cars and bring the government closer to the people.

Can you pls just shut up

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mudley313:

Can you pls just shut up

So much knowledge and education in this post. So enlightening from a so called youth, ready to lead.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
richie9093:
Maclatunji, I want to ask you one question: Since you're discrediting this protest because of Tuface's past, who would you recommend to lead it? Pope Francis?

Everybody had a dirty/shameful past, including you. Hell! Even Lauretta Enochie was protesting in 2012 and now she doesn't want people voice heard. The same Lauretta who has been accused of trafficking women for prostitution to the middle East.

This protest wasn't started out by Tuface. Tuface is just lending his voice to it because of his popularity. Even if Tuface has an ulterior motive with this protest, so what? is there anything bad in that? Was it not the OccupyNaija protest in 2012 that paved way for this supposed "better" government to come in?

Do you know how much gas is?
Do you know how much kerosene is?
Do you know how much dollar is?
Do you know how much Coca-Cola 50cl bottle is?
Do you know how much Always Ultra is?
Do you know how much Coaster Biscuit is?
Do you know how many companies have packed up?
Do you know how many people have lost their jobs?
Do you know how much Red Oil is?
Do you know how much vegetable oil is?
Do you know how much a bag of rice is?
Do you know how students schooling abroad have dropped out because their parents can't afford to pay fees anymore?

Do you know how many students schooling abroad on scholarships have had to take menial jobs because their parents can't afford to send them allowances anymore?

Do you know how unsecured this country has become?

I could go on and on

In June last year, my friend was meant to go to Canada for his masters degree. He had already been admitted but he couldn't go because of high dollar fees (when $$ was still ₦400). He put it on hold till November this year because he still believed this Buhari's government would have corrected things by then. Now his hope is dashed.

This is a protest against bad governance; Not APC or PDP, let's call a spade what it really is.

I know you know how bad the country has been but you're just trying to save face.

I have become a laughing stock amongst my friends because I supported this Administration during the last election but I can't keep quiet while things are going awry

Some people in reaction to this are campaigning to form their own political parties, I have not written against them. Others just go and fix what they think is wrong, others seek to engage with the government directly, others may protest too.

However, you put yourself under scrutiny when you present yourself as certain things and unless 2Face just recently got struck by lightning or had a major electric shock scrambling his thinking pattern, he is part of the problem he says he is trying to solve.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Mudley313: 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mavrick2012:
@op, i have taken some few minutes to go through your topics and comments, i observe 2 things,
1)you seem to be in tandem with this administration, are you being objective or just being sentimental?
2)i observe you are a Muslim, could this be weighing your sentiment.?

The bolded above is the answer to your question why this he-goat took his time to write all this rubbish

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Upright750: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
Imagine this government represent .. Came here to give us message his Oga at the top gave him. Black goat trying to wear white .. 6th of February here I come .. Forward match

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by oteneaaron(m): 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
Day169:
GBAM!
..you have hit the nail on the head and driven the point home @maclatunji!
What scares me most is another propensity to loose human lives during the protest and the blame game which would follow.

Rule number 1.

Don't sound politically correct.

......but we can't hide from the truth....this is Nigeria, and no matter how peaceful a protest is, the trigger happy Police will be there to show their strength......

But will we sit back and complain and watch these "men" sell our future via Trade by Barter??

Or do we stand tall...and fight for our future kids??

Bro, we are all part of a new generation.....'5 - 10 years from now, we'll become the Fathers and Mothers.......and what will we tell our children......??

That we were too scared to fight for them?...

Tuface has a Past.....we all do.....no one is a freaking saint.

But Buhari and Every Nigerian leader of today has failed us. .....it's either we start calling a spade a spade.....or there will be no country for our kids yet unborn.

But, you can stay home and watch the protest from your TV.......history never remembers cowards...

#My2kobo
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The Occupy Nigeria protest was a no to the removal of Petrol Subsidy. This is a protest that things are hard. It is not specific. There is no immediate solution for the cry, unlike Occupy Nigeria.

Your head is there.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by kenex4ever(m): 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Dissecting a man's actions and position is not attacking him. 2Face is presenting many faces that are not in congruence with his claimed agenda for protests.

People like me have more to protest about Nigeria then he does. However, heating-up the system with a false messianic sense of relevance is not the solution to our problems.

What next after the protests?
you should have written this during occupy lagos protest.

Everybody thinks their opinion matters
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by refreshrate: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
samadet:

Oga,

Pikin wey get sense...but I'm vexing for you small o. Why are you saying please when talking to that boy?

I'm certain he stays with his mummy and daddy and is oblivious of the realities on ground

Allow him buy fuel @,145 l for gen while nepa is still bringing bill or let him buy one bag of rice @ 21k then come and be typing nonsense here.
Such people do not I repeat do not fall under those you should be polite to as he is absolutely beside himself

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by no1madman(m): 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=hotswagg12 post=53375922]op is a zombie[/quote

Check d name. .. .coward!
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Ikem11(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
This the most foolish, idiotic and in fact may God fire and design the writer of this article beyond recognition. I lack words to insult anyway.. Just go and die fool

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by afolarby(m): 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
[b]
Heavance:
In every nation of the world that you see any protest, you will hardly see any citizen putting such write up somewhere before the protest....
That number 6 sounds so funny, so is the OP telling everyone to remain quiet and not protest?
If we continue this way, we will suffer in quiet ways that will make the next generation curse us with sadness in grave. Leave 2face out of it, it is a protest against the inhumane state Nigerians are experiencing.

It might interest you to know that in an organised protest, there are lawyers in the group and their contact numbers are usually made available to participants should the situation get out of hand e.g. arrest etc.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Mudley313: 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

So much knowledge and education in this post. So enlightening from a so called youth, ready to lead.

If you revere educational qualification that much you won't be here trying to defend an uneducated aboki who's administration has caused real suffering to the everyday nigerian...but me I no say you sef be aboki naim make you carry your tribalistic sentiments to come and defend this failed government...infact, I don't really have any word for you; you're most probably paid to come yarn all this your rubbish online

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by lozairio(m): 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
op is a fool and a brainwashed bastard
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by kefidoh(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
The worst write up I've ever read in my many years of being a Nairaland. I hardly comment but this thrash got me thinking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by no1madman(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
Anybody weh no support dis protest no dey fit to live . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ras Kimono Is Dead! / Mercy Aigbe is back in my house - Lanre Gentry / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu And Wife Cynthia's First Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.