Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) (40292 Views)

Adewole Atere, FUOYE Lecturer, Impregnates 16-Year-Old Student (Photos) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by shammah1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
shocked
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Divay22(f): 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by PapaBrowne(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
omenkaLives:
With access to the internet, every idiot can now day whatever, whenever and however. No evidence whatsoever to show DSS was there, but just as every other hate induced comments from certain group of persons who litter cyberspace, evidence is "irrelevant" just as long as the subject makes their preferred bogeyman look bad!

Just yesterday, they rained insults on the same organisation and the President because of some misreported story, only to get the detailed report of what really transpired, a report which showed neither DSS nor the president was involved in the incident in any way!

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, you'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".

You are doing just that. You are reaping the reward of the hate you helped fester towards Jonathan. It's a circle man. Live with it. It's called Karma.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Ekpekus(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ayam not understanding... what is the job specifications of DSS?
I tot this is for the NPF to handle if it even gets to the stage

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by larrybee2017(f): 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
All these shit happens when Dullard Still Struggle to survive. For sure you expect nothing but this. If this I true I think that girl should be sent out of school with the instruction that no school should absorb her into their system. That her aunt should spend eternity behind bars. Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by tobiano22: 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
nawa ooo
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by claremont(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
fallout87:

No evidence?

Why do you think he took pictures of the bullet casing and the serial numbers? Those serial numbers are attributed to weapons.

Weapons which the DSS own. Which shows they're implicated.

Those are 5.56mm bullets, they are not exclusively used by the DSS. The person you quoted has a point, there is no hard evidence linking this incident to the DSS.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
It seems no one in govt is concerned about the excesses of the DSS

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by sekundosekundo: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
omenkaLives:
With access to the internet, every idiot can now day whatever, whenever and however. No evidence whatsoever to show DSS was there, but just as every other hate induced comments from certain group of persons who litter cyberspace, evidence is "irrelevant" just as long as the subject makes their preferred bogeyman look bad!

Just yesterday, they rained insults on the same organisation and the President because of some misreported story, only to get the detailed report of what really transpired, a report which showed neither DSS nor the president was involved in the incident in any way!

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, you'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by kuuljay(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
This should utterly be condemned how ever how are we sure those guys are from DSS ,some police men these days don't wear uniform and appear in very dirty black jeans and T-shirts ,its not fair to quickly tag such evil to DSS few days ago they were accused wrongly in abuja

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
dss Don turn rogue

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Kvistblog: 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahaha...la beat la bend leleyi o
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by food4otukotu(m): 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
[quote author=omenkaLives post=53412276]With access to the internet, every idiot can now day whatever, whenever and however. No evidence whatsoever to show DSS was there, but just as every other hate induced comments from certain group of persons who litter cyberspace, evidence is "irrelevant" just as long as the subject makes their preferred bogeyman look bad!

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, you'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".[/quote u dey sick

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by qleap2all(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
The ops or the law must have put jara as the pics does not correspond with the exaggerated narrative. The DSS action while condemnable is not new as civilian parents do act in such manner. I support all demands of the school in addition the student must be expel and the teacher investigated to determine why the female student should behave in such manner since she wasn't the only one being punished
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
claremont:

Those are 5.56mm bullets, they are not exclusively used by the DSS. The person you quoted has a point, there is no hard evidence linking this incident to the DSS.
is it now a coincidence that the dss tavor 21 guns uses the same nato bullet spec of 5.56mm?

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by ionsman: 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
naijaking1:
Nepotism is how Buhari is fighting corruption!

Just look at this dense thing. I was flogged in school by my teacher, I threatened him because I know my father is a DPO. I called my father who in turn sent policemen to the school to beat up teachers without knowing what went down. Only a foolish father will do that. Then after the whole wahala, you blame the president of the country. That's exactly what you just did.

Can you now see your stupidity is well saturated?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by OHCOMEON: 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
Thank you Op for this write-up, i have my little daughter in that school & the level of indiscipline in that school is terrible. Students behave uncontrollably. Maybe this will lead the school authorities sitting up.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by seun1960(m): 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
Smell nice with Blue de Chanel

PRODUCT
A woody, aromatic fragrance for the man who defies convention; a provocative blend of citrus and woods that liberates the senses. Fresh, clean and profoundly sensual.

COMPOSITION
BLEU DE CHANEL unites the invigorating zest of Grapefruit and the power of an aromatic accord with the woody whisper of Dry Cedar. New Caledonian Sandalwood lends it a warm and sensual trail. A meeting of strength and elegance.

ART OF PERFUMING
The lighter, relaxed Eau de Toilette comes in a spray for generous application. Place order on 08078011943 or 08179873256 within Lagos metropolitan

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by seun1960(m): 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
Smell nice with lacoste challenge perfume
Place order or watsapp on 08078011943 or 08179873256. Pay on delivery

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by me69: 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
rem44:
DSS INVASION OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GIRLS COLLEGE CALABAR AND WHY WE SHOULD ALL LIFT UP OUR VOICES AND WAIL

I got a call in the morning of Thursday, February 2 from Architect Njor Ntangha Tabi, a staff of Federal Government Girls College, Calabar. He sounded agitated, frightened and incoherent. He was trying to say something about DSS, students, teachers, beatings, bullets and gunshots.

I tried calming him down but it wasn't working. Incidentally I was in Calabar for another assignment. I told him I will head out to the school once I was done with my assignment. That didn't happened until hours later.

When I got to the school, it was late in the evening. I met a rattled bunch of teachers, all trying to tell me what happened at the same time. A trained lawyer should know he won't get the gist of what happened in such an excited babble. I just gleaned what I could and scheduled a visit to the scene the following day and a series of interview in a temporary office they agreed to arrange for me.

Friday. 3rd February. I went to the scene and held a series of interview and came face to face with the grandfather of all impunity and the most bizarre thing that ever happened in an academic institution since man started learning how to read and write.

Mr Owai Owai, a Civic Education teacher of over 17 years standing came to class that fateful Thursday morning and found a junior student sweeping the class of the SS3 students when classes was going on in the class of the junior, against the school rules that junior students should not be found sweeping the classes of seniors during school periods.

Mr Owai was able to fish out about 10 seniors who asked the juniors to sweep their class during school period contrary to school regulations. He punished the seniors by flogging them on their palms, 2 strokes of the cane each.

One of the the seniors, Grace Loveth Asuquo, grabbed the teacher by the collar of his shirt, protesting her flogging. The teacher was shocked and gave her more strokes for her action. She told the teacher in front of the students that her parents will burn down the school today and stormed out of the class.

Mr Owai continued teaching, unknown to him that Grace has called her mum, who called her sister that is a DSS operative. Half way through the class, the student's mum, her aunt who is a DSS operative and another man, stormed the class, gestapo-style, took the teacher's canes and flogged him mercilessly before his alarmed students.

When the canes broke from the trashing of hapless Mr Owai, they descended on his frail frame and rained torrents of blows and kicks on him. The screams of the students alerted the teachers who came to the rescue.

Grace's DSS operative aunt called for reinforcement and before you can say "poor education funding", 3 Hilux load of DSS operatives stormed the school.

The operatives went berserk and started shooting sporadically and hitting teachers with anything they could find: blows, kicks, stones, gun butts! Several teachers sustained injuries from the assault and battery.

Some ran into adjoining bushes and farms to save their lives. Some of the teachers started taking pictures and videoing. When the DSS operatives found out, they went after them, forcefully collecting their phones and further brutalising them. Phones, monies, glasses and other valuables were taken away by the operatives.

When they were driving out, they found the gate locked. They beat up the security men and shut the padlock open! They abducted the student, Grace Loveth Asuquo and left the school premises.

The entire staff and students of Federal Government Girls College community are traumatized and frightened. Classes didn't hold on Friday, February 3rd because of this.

When did we get here and how? The DSS, trained, armed and paid with tax payers money; using the arms we bought for them to harass our teachers before our children. What is this?

The management and staff of the school has instructed me to demand the following:

1. A written public apology from DSS published on NTA, Radio Nigeria and 4 national dailies.

2. An oral apology given at the Assembly Ground before staff and students

3. Outright dismissal and prosecution of the operatives involved in this barbaric act.

4. To foot the hospital bills of all staff who sustained injuries during the assault.

5. To return/pay for all lost or damaged items like phones, monies, glasses, etc

6. Replace the damaged school gate

7. Pay a 10 million naira compensation to the school.

I have the further instruction of the staff to file a suit in a court of competent jurisdiction to seek for redress and damages.

We must all wail against the excesses of our law enforcement agents. Their duty is to protect us and not to intimidate us. A formal petition has been lodged with the appropriate authorities. But there is something we can do here: let's stand up and shout against this barbaric intimidation by the DSS, if we don't stand up now, there might be no one left to stand tomorrow.

First Baba Isa, Esq.,
Legal Practitioner,

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/dss-storm-federal-govt-girls.html?m=1
Which one be that again, who came out with this DSS of a thing, where is the police. This DSS is the same DSS that came out with a fake report on Magu because Magu is going after influencial people.

Nothing can be done in this country now without DSS involvment, if you get serious appoitment na dem dey screen.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Milo96(m): 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
fallout87:

No evidence?

Why do you think he took pictures of the bullet casing and the serial numbers? Those serial numbers are attributed to weapons.

People like you who aren't even smart enouvh to see this shouldn't have internet access. Seriously. Go read a book friend.
.....lol
Whc dirty serial number........ Hollywood don spoil u....serial number on bullet shells are neva attributed to d rifle....plz research more
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Kdon2: 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
omenkaLives:

It seems you are pained because you are one of them

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by wristbangle: 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
UnitedSouthZone:
#Who_Cursed_Southerners?

In this Nigeria, an average Southerner is a weakling. A born coward with serious complex issues. A fool and an idiot. A slave. A typical example of a butterfly who thinks himself a bird. But this is not even the problem. The biggest problem is, he doesn't even realise he is any of those things.

The only thing an average Southerner is good at is blowing high sounding grammar and acquiring degrees upon degrees but when it comes to things that matter most, he goes to slumber.

An average Southerner has this twisted mindset that the best way to be seen as a patriotic and detribalised Nigerian is by degrading, shaming and disparaging his own tribe for no just cause.

Abacha stole this country blind, such that 20 years after, his loot is still being returned to the country. But in spite of this, people like Buhari publicly swore that he (Abacha) stole nothing. But to an average Southern idiot, Jonathan's 5 year rule is the reason we have no fuel, no light, no good educational system, no nothing! Jonathan is the worst thief in Nigeria's history. IBB, Abdulsalam and even Buhari who was accused of stealing billions of dollars as PTF boss were all saints. Why? Because they are Northerners.

Was it not a southern he-goat named Obasanjo who publicly accused Jonathan of training snipers in Pyongyang (North Korea) ahead of last year's election?? He made the unfounded allegation just to please his masters upnorth. Now that we have the highest figure of senseless deaths of civilians in the hands of both state and non state actors under a Northern president Buhari, have you read any letter from OBJ??

When Shiites were massacred in Zaria, it took less than 48 hours for Chidi Odinkalu of the National Human Right Commission to establish a commission of inquiry and summon the army chief but when unarmed IPOB members praying in a school field in Aba were murdered by the security agents, did you hear even a loosely worded condemnation from Chidi Odinkalu??

Check out the list of those asking that Fayose to be tried for treason for writing to the Chinese govt over Buhari's $2 loan, they are 80% southerners. And most of them have not even read the said Fayose letter at least to know the reasons Fayose adduced in the said letter. These are the same fools who kept mum when Sango Abdullahi, Sani Kaita and some so called Northern elders publicly threatened to make the country ungovernable if power wasn't returned to the North. When Buhari made his 'dogs and baboon' speech and directly caused the death of southern youth corpers, these morons kept mum.

With all the numberless killing of civilians under this regime and its open support for the genocide the world fourth deadliest terror group (the Fulani militant) has continue to visit on Nigerians, have these highly educated southerners bothered to write a strongly worded petition to the ICC just like Nyako, El-rufai and other northerners did to Jonathan??

These southern fools will gleefully yell 'Kanu should rot in jail, he was preaching hate on radio Biafra!' But these clowns maintained sealed lips over the hateful and inciting broadcast by 'Radio Chanji' and Arewa Radio upNorth. Such is the degree of the soulless hypocrisy of these southern senseless hypocrites.

These nitwits were on rooftops telling us how incompetent and corrupt Jonathan was and how his removal was a patriotic duty. Today, things have all gone worse under Buhari and you would think that these southern imbeciles would be at the forefront calling for Buhari's resignation but no! They are the ones defending the Daura born ex-soldier even against the worse things for which they crucified Jonathan then.

Now I know why Jonathan appeared weak as president and spent his 5 year term trying to please the North.

He knew he had nobody behind him. He knew that we Southerners are weaklings only good at blowing high sounding but empty grammar.

These 'efulefu' southerners will never question why Buhari has never condemned the murderous activities of his fulani kinsmen but these same 'anumpamas' will read this post and quickly tag me a bigot.

Slaves who think themselves masters!!

#Copied

I was dazed about the treachery act of DSS, reading people's comment about their barbaric act till I got to your comment which spoons the bitter truth about us (most especially southerners) in Nigeria.

My brother, as laudable as this opinion is from a copied source, it's going to be difficult to have a united south Nigeria.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
saaedlee:
Stupid teachers, I laugh when I saw the report yesterday, unu get luck say no be my pikin
A sane being wouldn't make such comment!

For your info,I'm a TEACHER!

5 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Kdon2: 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
vedaxcool:

This people are just sick and acting dumb... every fool now chants DSS like a canary. .

Another one spotted

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by saaedlee: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
hilaomo:
A sane being wouldn't make such comment!

For your info,I'm a TEACHER!

When you think others aren't sane, then you've got a problem.

For your info, don't ever lay your hands on any child!
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by nonjebose(m): 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
omenkaLives:

You are a big disappointment. Whose report are you referring to? The incoherent and illogical one made by the state official of DSS? Never mind, I hope this lawyer goes the whole hog to prosecuting this case in court, then we will see who wins. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
They did not include Loveth's expulsion. She has no business being in that school.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
saaedlee:

When you think others aren't sane, then you've got a problem.

For your info, don't ever lay your hands on any child!

If you don't think there is a need for discipline in schools, then don't send your kids to school.

5 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by nonjebose(m): 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
fallout87:

No evidence?

People like you who aren't even smart enouvh to see this shouldn't have internet access. Seriously. Go read a book friend.
That guy is pathetic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MOUA, Umudike Is The Best School In the East, My Opinion. See Why / 2013/2014 Total National Merit Scholarship Award:payment Information Thread / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.