Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) (40295 Views)

Adewole Atere, FUOYE Lecturer, Impregnates 16-Year-Old Student (Photos) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Kdon2: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
saaedlee:
Stupid teachers, I laugh when I saw the report yesterday, unu get luck say no be my pikin

Idiot

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by abraka00(f): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
rem44:
More
So they now beat teachers? What a pity.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Reference(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
Using firearms openly in a school full of students is a terribly dangerous thing to do. I think parents who have their wards in that institution should move for the temporary closure until this matter is sorted out. It may not be the end of the assault and could get worse if not checked.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by malware: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
We've heard one side of the story... so we cannot make an objective and unbaised assessment of the whole issue until we hear from the DSS.

Meanwhile, I strongly did not agree with the part which says that the alleged DSS operatives collected the victim's monies...

All prophets of doom trying to smear the image of DSS are on a futile journey and will never live to see that happen.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by slysteel: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
omenkaLives:
With access to the internet, every idiot can now day whatever, whenever and however. No evidence whatsoever to show DSS was there, but just as every other hate induced comments from certain group of persons who litter cyberspace, evidence is "irrelevant" just as long as the subject makes their preferred bogeyman look bad!

Just yesterday, they rained insults on the same organisation and the President because of some misreported story, only to get the detailed report of what really transpired, a report which showed neither DSS nor the president was involved in the incident in any way!

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, you'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".
Stop smoking skunk,its not good for you,see how you are sounding like a broken record..

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by DonBenny77(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
Are the teachers always right

I THINK THEY DESERVE IT

some teachers derive pleasure in inflicting pain on students.......

POWER PASS POWER
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by nonjebose(m): 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
KINGwax007:
Everything is DSS. Stupid lots.

Is it possible for that to happen and no single pics to stick to that claim?

You come use blade tickle your uncle come dey post one yeye pics for us. And what you called bullet holes, you shld be so dense not to understand that there will be signs of burns and black residues around the bullet holes and not some old holes that is even rusted out!!!

Didinrin Omo!
When an armed security official goes berserk, you go and start taking pics of his madness and see how pleasant it will be. I believe that more evidence would continue to surface with time

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Zamar: 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
naijaking1:
Nepotism is how Buhari is fighting corruption!
This is beyond nepotism. Goverment agencies must do their work professionally without resorting to brutality. The early we all understand this, the better for the society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Kdon2: 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
qleap2all:
The ops or the law must have put jara as the pics does not correspond with the exaggerated narrative. The DSS action while condemnable is not new as civilian parents do act in such manner. I support all demands of the school in addition the student must be expel and the teacher investigated to determine why the female student should behave in such manner since she wasn't the only one being punished

She get people wey get power na and believes say na banana republic we dey.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
vedaxcool:

This people are just sick and acting dumb... every fool now chants DSS like a canary. .

You can see ammo casings in a SCHOOL and this is all you have to say. Are you a parent or a child because if you are the former you will be very concerned about what happened there. And if everything that happens around you is political then I am afraid you are becoming inhuman, simple. Please be objective. We are talking about human lives here.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by nonjebose(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
claremont:

Those are 5.56mm bullets, they are not exclusively used by the DSS. The person you quoted has a point, there is no hard evidence linking this incident to the DSS.
What happens to the serial numbers on those bullets. The alleged girl would be invited for questioning and cross examination by lawyer when the case gets to court. Then, we will see how water tight their defense would be.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by hardbody: 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
claremont:

Those are 5.56mm bullets, they are not exclusively used by the DSS. The person you quoted has a point, there is no hard evidence linking this incident to the DSS.

You may be right. But less than 5 minutes interrogation of the student and background check of the sister that stormed the school will put all the speculations where they belong. These things are not rocket science

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by eyinjuege: 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
I'm not just understanding again.

I've been hearing DSS everywhere, have they replaced the police?

What exactly is their role?

Please, anyone that uses the military and paramilitary to settle scores or to go and arrest others just like that should be prosecuted and the force men involved dismissed.

That's just a complete abuse of office. Na wah o.
I'm not a fan of beating as punishment in schools, so it should be officially banned from schools.
Children that misbehave to warrant beating should be suspended, or made to clean school premises or something.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by tobiano22: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
infarct, the parent of that notorious girl are stupid, ao cn u take a legal action cus a teacher beat up ur child . infact common sense are not common. i dnt think that girl can succeed in life. cus she has already cut shut her glory. may God 4give her despite she know what she did. [/b]
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by babsodity(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
In Joel's voice "do guwd o! eh!"...
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
rem44:
DSS INVASION OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GIRLS COLLEGE CALABAR AND WHY WE SHOULD ALL LIFT UP OUR VOICES AND WAIL

1. They beat up the security men and shut the padlock open!

2. They abducted the student, Grace Loveth Asuquo and left the school premises.

First Baba Isa, Esq.,
Legal Practitioner,

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/dss-storm-federal-govt-girls.html?m=1

Well there are always at least two sides to most stories so whenever i am reading a one-sided account i always try to scan it carefully for any signs of dishonesty. In this particular essay, you will observe that the second bolded statement accuses the DSS of abducting the girl at the centre of this drama; the girl called the aunty and her alleged accomplices and therefore could not have been abducted. It is evident that the barrister has attempted to exaggerate and over-sensationalize the event which occurred therefore we must ask ourselves how far he may have gone in tampering with the truth? Did he merely exaggerate, or did he add in a few spicy details to whet the vengeful appetite of the reader, to back the accused into a corner?

The first bolded is highlighted on a much lighter note, as i could not help but observe the absurdity of the accidental pun by which it is alleged that someone "shut the gate open" smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by NotComplaining: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
claremont:

So armed robbers came to the school?? Guy gtfo!

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by nonjebose(m): 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
malware:
We've heard one side of the story... so we cannot make an objective and unbaised assessment of the whole issue until we hear from the DSS.

Meanwhile, I strongly did not agree with the part which says that the alleged DSS operatives collected the victim's monies...

All prophets of doom trying to smear the image of DSS are on a futile journey and will never live to see that happen.
Your closing statement betrays the opening. You have refused to wait for the said DSS defense before attacking. How can you strongly agree with something that you never witnessed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by nonjebose(m): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
malware:

Your closing statement betrays the opening. You have refused to wait for the said DSS defense before attacking. How can you strongly agree with something that you never witnessed. The case must get to court for adjudication

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Jackeeh(m): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
fallout87:

No evidence?

Why do you think he took pictures of the bullet casing and the serial numbers? Those serial numbers are attributed to weapons.

Weapons which the DSS own. Which shows they're implicated.

People like you who aren't even smart enouvh to see this shouldn't have internet access. Seriously. Go read a book friend.

Don't mindthe HEDIOT!

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by zionmade(m): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
, #iweepforthesouth#
Northerners have the highest illiteracy level and yet they rule the educated south. How is Nigeria going to progress when the only region who has the power to effect change are divided.
Everyday we go backwards and its so obvious why things are the way they are. Northerners have nothing to be shamed of because the backwardness of this country suits their way of life. The southerners should be ashamed to be called nigerians. Its pitiable.
The south west would rather dine with the devils rather than align with the south east and South south just because of hatred when they know perfectly that if ever such alignment happens this country will find herself competing with the best
The south east would rather pursue their biafra dreams dan embrace the west while the south south seem to be d worst southern region in dis country (I hail from there) they are too dependent on free oil money that they can look for a way to progrss.

If u re Yoruba answer this question Do u like the state of this country?
For Ibo Do u think if u dnt succeed politically as a nigerian that u will succeed if u get biafra
For Ijaw ibibio etc, do u like the condition of ur region and the fight all because of oil money.
Wen are we going to stand up and say no to being led by illiterates.
Jonathan failed in discharging his duties but he and Buhari weren't d only choices there were qualified learned candidates of other parties.

I dnt stand with 2face because the protest wont change anything. He would have positively channeled his energy in rallying the support of youths to go for d right decisions in 2019

Come 2019 presidential aspirants would stl be buhari, atiku, kwankwoso and d south will still rallying round recycled products.

Its time the south drop their differences
The north will have a heartbreak if we unite
Let Nigeria reflect southerners and not Northerners.

Whether christian or muslim
Afonja or flattie
Ipob or oduduwa
Zombies or wailers
This is d best time to unite
#iweeepforthesouth#

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Kdon2: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
saaedlee:

When you think others aren't sane, then you've got a problem.

For your info, don't ever lay your hands on any child!

You are a complete mofo best for the scum if you are encouraging children this way.how i wish its you and i,you would be roting your ass in prison before you close that your gutter mouth!

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Kdon2: 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
malware:

You go kill them ba?

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Orikinla1: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
omenkaLives:
With access to the internet, every idiot can now day whatever, whenever and however. No evidence whatsoever to show DSS was there, but just as every other hate induced comments from certain group of persons who litter cyberspace, evidence is "irrelevant" just as long as the subject makes their preferred bogeyman look bad!

Just yesterday, they rained insults on the same organisation and the President because of some misreported story, only to get the detailed report of what really transpired, a report which showed neither DSS nor the president was involved in the incident in any way!

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, you'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by lacastre: 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
ministeriallist:
Naija I hail o!
Abeg make we love one another. No need for all these fighting.
u didn't read the post I guess
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by SalomonKane: 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
Let's wait for the DSS to come out with their own cock_ and bull story. They always seem never to run out of them.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by ReubenE(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
Thank you sir...
Exactly the hard truth we live with everyday which so many feign ignorance of.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Osyxcel(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
SmartyPants:

Well there are always at least two sides to most stories so whenever i am reading a one-sided account i always try to scan it carefully for any signs of dishonesty. In this particular essay, you will observe that the second bolded statement accuses the DSS of abducting the girl at the centre of this drama; the girl called the aunty and her alleged accomplices and therefore could not have been abducted. It is evident that the barrister has attempted to exaggerate and over-sensationalize the event which occurred therefore we must ask ourselves how far he may have gone in tampering with the truth? Did he merely exaggerate, or did he add in a few spicy details to whet the vengeful appetite of the reader, to back the accused into a corner?

The first bolded is highlighted on a much lighter note, as i could not help but observe the absurdity of the accidental pun by which it is alleged that someone "shut the gate open" smiley

We've not heard the 2nd side of the story, but I'll like to point out the fact that the student was abducted means she was taken by force and without the permission of the school and doesn't matter if it's by someone she knows or otherwise.

As for the other one, I think what the writer meant is 'shot' and you know that.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
fallout87:

No evidence?

Why do you think he took pictures of the bullet casing and the serial numbers? Those serial numbers are attributed to weapons.

Weapons which the DSS own. Which shows they're implicated.

People like you who aren't even smart enouvh to see this shouldn't have internet access. Seriously. Go read a book friend.

Don't mind the Mumu , as if he should have taken a selfie with dss

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Firstcitizen: 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
Well done DSS. Any teacher that thinks brutalizing a student is a way or correction deserves to be corrected in the same manner.

I will draw blood if any teacher dares to lay hands on any of my children.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
chai, see how they humiliated my social studies teacher. that girl has to be expelled. #istandwithmrowai#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MOUA, Umudike Is The Best School In the East, My Opinion. See Why / 2013/2014 Total National Merit Scholarship Award:payment Information Thread / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.