Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) (40291 Views)

Adewole Atere, FUOYE Lecturer, Impregnates 16-Year-Old Student (Photos) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by fallout87: 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Milo96:
.....lol
Whc dirty serial number........ Hollywood don spoil u....serial number on bullet shells are neva attributed to d rifle....plz research more

Man you are ignorant.

The serial number tells you what model of gun used. If that gun is part of the weapons DSS uses, they can take it a step further and check the weapons storage for the serial numbers of the bullets DSS which have been ordered for the weapon.

This will of course go well over your head.

On everything Nigeria is a failed state because the people in the country are not smart. The smart ones who come to power then loot and steal as politicians and business men.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by searay(m): 11:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
In my school, the DSS hilux wouldn't have remain the same. I trust those boys.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 05, 2017
fallout87:

No evidence?

Why do you think he took pictures of the bullet casing and the serial numbers? Those serial numbers are attributed to weapons.

Weapons which the DSS own. Which shows they're implicated.

People like you who aren't even smart enouvh to see this shouldn't have internet access. Seriously. Go read a book friend.
Asking him to go reading a book, do you want him to die? A book is a poison to such creature.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 05, 2017
That is the reason all 36 states should rise in protests against these maltreatments

#Istandwith2Baba

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by shanicemel(f): 1:49am On Feb 05, 2017
omenkaLives:
With access to the internet, every idiot can now day whatever, whenever and however. No evidence whatsoever to show DSS was there, but just as every other hate induced comments from certain group of persons who litter cyberspace, evidence is "irrelevant" just as long as the subject makes their preferred bogeyman look bad!

Just yesterday, they rained insults on the same organisation and the President because of some misreported story, only to get the detailed report of what really transpired, a report which showed neither DSS nor the president was involved in the incident in any way!

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, you'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".

Pls nobody will wake up to falsify brutality in a unity school, so think before u reply a post.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by dannybee(m): 6:00am On Feb 05, 2017
saaedlee:
Stupid teachers, I laugh when I saw the report yesterday, unu get luck say no be my pikin
U go carry ur pikin go private school wey dem no dey flog nah
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Remedy111: 6:05am On Feb 05, 2017
This is bad ,DSS for what that student must rosticated in that school
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by morisnewrain(m): 6:06am On Feb 05, 2017
naijaking1:
Nepotism is how Buhari is fighting corruption!
Use your brain. Calabar DSS problem cum Buhari in UK, any correlation? They should treat the matter as assault and other related cases than to see it as nepotism.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 6:28am On Feb 05, 2017
saaedlee:

It's sad, totally sad that your term corporal punishment as a form of discipline. If you don't wish to experience such, then don't lay your hands on any kid you were paid to teach. Corporal Punishment is a no no, they are lucky my team or whatever would have flogged the hell outta the useless teachers.

What is corporal punishment in two strokes of cane? It wasn't excessive for their offence. I guess you are trying to be Western but truth is punishment such as time out used at home are used in schools. In our system, flogging is a punishment at home thus, applying same in school is okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 05, 2017
The teachers' side of the story. I am not judging until I hear the DSS side of the story.

He who lives by flogging, should expect to die by flogging. Flogging by teachers seems to be rising in this recession, our kids' backsides are now outlets for the release of teachers' pent up frustrations. In any case, those DSS operatives who puportedly flogged the teachers were themselves flogged unjustly by teachers in their youth, and there is a high chance that this Esther Asuquo is herself going to be a security operative. The cycle continues.

Teachers have only themselves to blame.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by hexy40: 9:16am On Feb 05, 2017
Dss operatives used to be so secretive that u might not even know that your brother is an operative. Rarely seen or heard of. But now everyday in the news paper they arrest someone either for condemning boko harm or naming a dog
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by davidif: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2017
eyinjuege:
I'm not just understanding again.
I'm not a fan of beating as punishment in schools, so it should be officially banned from schools.
Children that misbehave to warrant beating should be suspended, or made to clean school premises or something.

How about leave it to the teachers or the principal of the school to decide that. Trust me, teaching kids is hard and until you've ever had to do that it would be difficult to judge.

Also, suspensions barely work in a lot of cases. Come over here in the U.S and you would see what i am talking about. What should happen is that teachers should be properly screened and the "hotheads" eliminated while the good ones would be properly trained on how to control a classroom atmosphere so as to prevent disruptive elements (bad students) from taking over the class.

Removing the threat or the possibility of flogging will completely rend the teacher powerless. Its like taking away guns from law enforcement.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by davidif: 9:29am On Feb 05, 2017
saaedlee:

For your info, don't ever lay your hands on any child!

How about leave it to the teachers or the principal of the school to decide that. Trust me, teaching kids is hard and until you've ever had to do that it would be difficult to judge. I once had to tutor a small number of kids and it was then i truly realized how tough it was. Now imagine a whole classroom.

What should happen is that when teachers are being hired there should be a proper screening process so as to eliminate the "hotheads" and the sadists while allowing those with the right temperament, motivations and qualifications through. Then the teachers should be taught other techniques on how to engage heady students and how not to lose control in academic setting.

So removing the threat or the possibility of flogging will completely rend the teacher powerless and completely unproductive. Its almost like taking away guns from law enforcement.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Matthew4sure(m): 9:32am On Feb 05, 2017
God take control

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by davidif: 9:49am On Feb 05, 2017
Matthew4sure:
God take control

Yes o.

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Mobsync(m): 9:56am On Feb 05, 2017
fallout87:

No evidence?

Why do you think he took pictures of the bullet casing and the serial numbers? Those serial numbers are attributed to weapons.

Weapons which the DSS own. Which shows they're implicated.

People like you who aren't even smart enouvh to see this shouldn't have internet access. Seriously. Go read a book friend.

Don't mind the blockhead. The DSS use Tavor 21 and FN 2000 bullup assault rifles. Both use the 5.56x45mm round as shown on that bullet casing. That round is rarely used by other security and military agencies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by rhames(m): 10:37am On Feb 05, 2017
omenkaLives:
With access to the internet, every idiot can now day whatever, whenever and however. No evidence whatsoever to show DSS was there, but just as every other hate induced comments from certain group of persons who litter cyberspace, evidence is "irrelevant" just as long as the subject makes their preferred bogeyman look bad!

Just yesterday, they rained insults on the same organisation and the President because of some misreported story, only to get the detailed report of what really transpired, a report which showed neither DSS nor the president was involved in the incident in any way!

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, you'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".

You ae using this forum as the official spokesperson of this useless law enforcement agency known for its barbaric approach to anything good or bad.It is you who after reading this that is the greatest idiot on this forum. The cations of personnel of our law enforcement agencies are worst than barbarians of old. The only person who will support this action is either the relation of the girl or one of the DSS operatives who carried out this heinous act. I believe you are one of them. When a teacher disciplines and you call te police, are helping the child or destroying her? Your type should be thrown in a zoo because there is no milk of humanity flowing in your veins. Good luck heartless soul.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by back2sender: 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
omenkaLives:

Keep the hate burning fellas, hopefully, someday, your ou'd reap the reward of all your "hard work".
Oga you are getting this wrong. I am a strong supporter of buhari but this action is just too over the board. DSS needs to investigate this acts in calabar and punish thier colleagues if found guilty. This is a school for Christ sake and not a battle ground.
I am really sad about this story because its not the kind of story we should be hearing because the wailers will be having a party of this news.
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by XDaBOSS(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
chiraqDemon:

U nor try for this talk o
Rules dey wey junior nor suppose dey sweep senior classroom during lecture hours, e must punish d senior wey disobey d rules
U feel say without teachers say juniors for de survive school sometimes?
Or say who go school go make e go become cleaner?
If the junior misvehaved then the senior should have metted out punishment at a later time
What d teacher did was right and he has no blame

Note: he did not brutalise the senior in anyway, meted out appropriate punishment n an appropriate part of the body

This is not what we pay tax for
Weapons bought with our own tax being unjustly used againt us

Btw how did punishment become part of school sef cos i cannot imagine paying money only for someone else's child to come and be boss over mine
I faced it and i wouldnt want my kids to face same(oluwa bless my hustle)
I come from school wey we obey seniors pass even school owner sef
That was how back in my sec school a senior went and cut off another student's finger for not wantin to fan him

I wasnt in support of wat d dss did also.....mine b say wah d op gave us was d teachers' syd of d story, we no hear d studnt own.... Mk we hear bth sydz b4 we cnclude....after all sm teachers 2 de 4m ITk 4 wetin no cncrn em....
Bsydz truth scarce 4 wah d teacher talk....hw's it possible 4 a junior 2 sweep a snr class during lecture tym, were d snrs go cm de do der classes?
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2017
XDaBOSS:

I wasnt in support of wat d dss did also.....mine b say wah d op gave us was d teachers' syd of d story, we no hear d studnt own.... Mk we hear bth sydz b4 we cnclude....after all sm teachers 2 de 4m ITk 4 wetin no cncrn em....
Bsydz truth scarce 4 wah d teacher talk....hw's it possible 4 a junior 2 sweep a snr class during lecture tym, were d snrs go cm de do der classes?
Aight
Its possible that the seniors had a free period or it was during the first period when most seniors would still be in hostel (if it was the case of my school we would still be sleeping during the first period and a few ppl will go and hunt juniors to tidy up the class)
The story is not complete but im just talking from what the op posted
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by XDaBOSS(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Aight
Its possible that the seniors had a free period or it was during the first period when most seniors would still be in hostel (if it was the case of my school we would still be sleeping during the first period and a few ppl will go and hunt juniors to tidy up the class)
The story is not complete but im just talking from what the op posted

yap....ur kinda ryt dou.....
Re: DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) by Ndipe(m): 3:08am On May 02, 2018
I remember once a female student reported to her mum that a teacher whupped her. The mother came to school and fought the teacher who was very scared and another teacher intervened by fighting her. It was just drama. Personally, I wouldnt tolerate a teacher or principal brutalizing my children, never! Some teachers treat their students like animals. Are you crazy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MOUA, Umudike Is The Best School In the East, My Opinion. See Why / 2013/2014 Total National Merit Scholarship Award:payment Information Thread / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.