Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) (59288 Views)

3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / I Stand With Nigeria Protest: Anti Riot Police Vans Spotted In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by progress69: 9:41am On Feb 06, 2017
Cyriloha:

It takes people nothing to insult people mostly on this nl

Only that I asked a question

Where are you ?

But I don't blame you thou because assuming your with me you can't insult me and go free..

Who is this one? Lol.

See civilian .. Smh
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by manikspears: 9:41am On Feb 06, 2017
Opeedo:
2face must be filled with regrets right now... He bow out at the edge of glory angry angryangry angry
nope,he used wisdom.the truth still remains the rally is 2faces's initiative,he started it.it is a lot more dangerous for him to participate being a public figure.i feel he has done his part by raising and organizing the rally.the rest is left to you and i.

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by cleanshaven(m): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:
Stop protesting for symptoms... Protest for the real real reason the symptoms show...

.. We need to understand what recession is and how we got here and and how we can get out....

My idea is simple until government revenue is above 30 trillion per day (and mostly through tax) we won't be able to develop....

I hear governors collecting billions as security votes u don't care because the money is not from ur pocket....

We need to tax more.. Its not fair 10% of people own 90% of our wealth... And the only way to redistribute this is through taxing
Tax more to loot more, we are in deep S H I T, obasanjo spent 16 billion us dollars on power, we did not see any meaningful changes in power, what we need is restructuring IMO
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ephi123(f): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:
Stop protesting for symptoms... Protest for the real real reason the symptoms show...

.. We need to understand what recession is and how we got here and and how we can get out....

My idea is simple until government revenue is above 30 trillion per day (and mostly through tax) we won't be able to develop....

I hear governors collecting billions as security votes u don't care because the money is not from ur pocket....

We need to tax more.. Its not fair 10% of people own 90% of our wealth... And the only way to redistribute this is through taxing

Not true. Even if they collect 100 trillion per day. If there are no sound structures and systems in place, that money will be looted and go into private pockets as is currently the case. Money is not Nigeria's problem, its distribution is.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by iamdannyfc(m): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2017
GOOD
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by tydi(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
My little neighbor came over to me yesterday and asked that I helped with his home work. The homework was about "HERO".

So the question read.. " MENTION SOME PRESENT DAY NIGERIAN HEROS"

I cracked my head thinking...and it dawned on me that we don't even have Heros. All those who are in top positions do nothing worthy of emulation. All those who seemed to be different went into politics and became vagabonds in power.

The Heros of today just may be all those protesters who are risking their lives coming out to speak against this injustice, nepotism, corruption etc.

#GodBlessTheProtesters.

And God bless you too bros!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mccoy47(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
Yes but he's dead and they needed present day heroes and the list was long.
Ok.
But a hero mustn't necessarily be living.
Same way Martin Luther king, Abraham Lincoln & Nelson Mandela are heros till tomorrow
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by VitaminB12(m): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
My little neighbor came over to me yesterday and asked that I helped with his home work. The homework was about "HERO".

So the question read.. " MENTION SOME PRESENT DAY NIGERIAN HEROS"

I cracked my head thinking...and it dawned on me that we don't even have Heros. All those who are in top positions do nothing worthy of emulation. All those who seemed to be different went into politics and became vagabonds in power.

The Heros of today just may be all those protesters who are risking their lives coming out to speak against this injustice, nepotism, corruption etc.

#GodBlessTheProtesters.
Honestly if I were you, I would have mentioned Dr. Mrs. Adedovoh to him/her. The woman who died while preventing Sawyer from escaping her hospital to spread the Ebola virus. Let see how the teacher go fail am. Stupid nationalist and leaders.... Not even one to be called a hero

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by fufuNegusi(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2017
Opeedo:
2face must be filled with regrets right now... He bow out at the edge of glory angry angryangry angry

It wasnt about 2face, its about our country

besides, 2face was seriously threatened, if you watched the video...you could see that guy was practically shaking, you could feel the horror and unrest through his eyes...his eyelids were wet, lets not talk about the look on his face

even the video proved it was edited with cut and join scenes....apparently the poor guy broke out in tears at some point

pray for him and bless him for starting this in the first place,

we only started from where he stopped...lets give it to him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Airforce1(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2017
olasaad:

and whr are u in the pix? young revolutionary

Look well
I'm the guy on the right waving you "Hello".

Have a nice day
Bye!

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ephi123(f): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2017
VitaminB12:
Honestly if I were you, I would have mentioned Dr. Mrs. Adedovoh to him/her. The woman who died while preventing Sawyer from escaping her hospital to spread the Ebola virus. Let see how the teacher go fail am. Stupid nationalist and leaders.... Not even one to be called a hero

@ Omudia11, I agree with him.
That's true! She sacrificed her life and took practical steps to protect so many others from dying.
Our politicians do not qualify in any way to be called heroes.

2 Likes

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by olasaad(f): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2017
Airforce1:

Look well
I'm the guy on the right waving you "Hello".

Have a nice day
Bye!

Lol nairaland protesters
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ojnnaco(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:
Them no plenty... all of us coward Nigerians dey office, the remaining dey house dey pray make others come protest for them... we are cowards
That's exactly the problem of Nigerians .
Thinking that only prayers can solve all things
D bible even said" the violent taketh it by force

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by 1111uzoamaka(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2017
Nice move ,wish government will do some thing. #I stand wt 9ija.

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by stansaintly(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2017
Pray he doesn't come out again to contest cos you will still vote him in directly or indirectly.

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2017
Anticorruption:

which Lagos

The same Lagos that voted Fashola as governor and GEj as President?

or is it because tinubu helped foist the current dollard so that he wud die and his boy osinbajo wud take over

#thundarfirezombies

Laff wan kill me!

Believe what u will! Just so u know too, same Tinubu foisted d buffoon and wasnt scared to admit his failure and withdraw his support when he realised d depth of his buffoonry! Something, wailers are yet to come to terms with!

#nobrainwailers
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by abdulkabirO(m): 9:51am On Feb 06, 2017
AdedejiSadeeq:
We d Yoruba Muslims must protest against dis buharis government
During his 2014 campaign he came to IDP camp here in ogbomosho and promised us garri
We voted for him in 2015 and till today we are still waiting for our 3½ bags of garri ...and we should not protest?? ..thqy are mad!!
#WeMustProtest
#WeWantOur3½BagsOfGarri...allahu akbaar!!
you are free
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2017
They should have done this thing during the weekend.

People will not leave office for a protest that might not improve anything in Nigeria and will most definitely get them fired and deprive them of their source of livelihood.

It should have been done on a sunday and turnout would have been far more than this, whether police presence is there or not.

This was a very bad way to start a protest in Nigeria, assuming they did the protest on sunday and there was improvement in the lives of Nigerians afterwards, they can easily organise more protests during working days and many people will actually forget work to partake because they know the protest would yield results.

2 Likes

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ForValour: 9:52am On Feb 06, 2017
akoko11:
Good, I am very close to PH now to join them, Nigeria must be better enough is enough.
#istandwithnigeria
oh... it is not MMM
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by elantraceey(f): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2017
Nice one.

#istandwithnigeria
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Airforce1(m): 9:53am On Feb 06, 2017
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2017
Look at them! They don't even look convincing grin some of them are standing with one leg, once they hear gun shots kpo! Kpo! They will start running, it favours me the way the country is so i am not gonna protest tongue ever since the recession business is booming, long live recession! Some nigerians are praying for the recession and hardship to continue and these zombies are protesting.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by zubydave(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:

I dey where I dey hustle... I am a coward praying for the protest to be successful like most Nigerians are. I am sorry I failed
Bros u just melted my heart with this comment.
One love
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Osama10(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2017
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Eddiecute86(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2017
JayIlych:
This brings tears to my eyes.
Is it tears from excitment or from disappointment
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ghost08(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:

I dey where I dey hustle... I am a coward praying for the protest to be successful like most Nigerians are. I am sorry I failed

I respect your cowardice, bro.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Babaevans1(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:

Oga stop protesting on nairaland
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by amokeme(f): 10:03am On Feb 06, 2017
#iSITwith2face cry
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Heltinking(m): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2017
Shane on 2face
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by michoim(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2017
Nonsense remnants. Is it today or in this one and half years administration that people started dying from lack of affordable healthcare? Ignorant people. Go ask Jonathan where he kept Nigeria money.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by timilehin95(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2017
buh most of those things written on card boards didn't start in baba's era na. some people are there jst to have fun. well jst saying sha. undecidedbuh most of those things written on card boards didn't start in baba's era na. some people are there jst to have fun. well jst saying sha.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by hebex12(m): 10:11am On Feb 06, 2017
already plan to protest today but the presence of police under Ikeja bridge reach yaba is enough to bring fear into you

but as a true Nigerian.....still in the bus sha never reach surulere yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Under GEJ Vs Under PMB (Pictures) / Sirika To Tinubu: President-elect Bola Tinubu, Write Your Acceptance Speech Now / PDP 2018 Governorship Campaign In Ilesha, Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.