Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,519 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) (59287 Views)

3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / I Stand With Nigeria Protest: Anti Riot Police Vans Spotted In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by fabuloz1(m): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2017
I can count these guys naa grin Afonjas, come out and die for your country nigeria, the way Biafrans are dying for the restoration of Biafra Republic.

2 Likes

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by FANTASY176(m): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2017
hmmmmmm........
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
ephi123:

They have better infrastructure because they have low levels of corruption, with the exception of Brazil - there is nothing to aspire to in "being like Brazil". They've got equally as many problems as Nigeria has right now because of corruption. It has nothing to do with revenue. Countries without high revenues are making progress, because the little they have, they use it for what it is meant to be used for.
Please read about Brazil and Indonesia economic please... U can grow even in corruption... But no economy that depends on taxing can be excessively corrupt because the tax payers won't let that happen

U think if Saudi or uae get their money from tax they will allow their leaders to be worth billions... Hope u get my point now
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by vivypretty(f): 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:
Them no plenty... all of us coward Nigerians dey office, the remaining dey house dey pray make others come protest for them... we are cowards
lol u where u dey .thank God u said "us"
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ephi123(f): 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:

Please read about Brazil and Indonesia economic please... U can grow even in corruption... But no economy that depends on taxing can be excessively corrupt because the tax payers won't let that happen

U think if Saudi or uae get their money from tax they will allow their leaders to be worth billions... Hope u get my point now

So you think looting will be less if the income is from tax, rather than oil...hmmm, fair point, people will be more sensitive to how the money is spent.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
My little neighbor came over to me yesterday and asked that I helped with his home work. The homework was about "HERO".

So the question read.. " MENTION SOME PRESENT DAY NIGERIAN HEROS"

I cracked my head thinking...and it dawned on me that we don't even have Heros. All those who are in top positions do nothing worthy of emulation. All those who seemed to be different went into politics and became vagabonds in power.

The Heros of today just may be all those protesters who are risking their lives coming out to speak against this injustice, nepotism, corruption etc.

#GodBlessTheProtesters.
Dr Adadevoh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2017
ephi123:

So you think looting will be less if the income is from tax, rather than oil...hmmm, fair point, people will be more sensitive to how the money is spent.
Yes that's my point... How can u buy my vote for 5k when i give the government 50k per year... I can't give government 200k per year and yet u can't provide road and electricity after four years then u come again and ask me to vote for u gain?

I can pay 100k per year and my son cant access government loan to start his business... People will be more aware of who they elect to manage their money... Tribalism will die a natural death

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2017
HELL YEAH GREEN IS THE COLOR. smiley PROUDLY NAIJA
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
smartmey61:
HELL YEAH GREEN IS THE COLOR. smiley PROUDLY NAIJA
megrimor:
Hian!

These guys are serious ooooooo

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
catlova2:
Lagos always leading everything. This stupid protests wud ve made more sense in abuja or in d east.
pls leave the east alone outta ur#istandwithnigeria

#istandwithnigeria ko,#istoodwithzoogeria ni grin grin grin
the same ppl u tagged 5% and called names and made mockery of,now u are calling them again,for what?

Una think say God dey sleep?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
I wish it was on a Saturday.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mamajaz(f): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
My little neighbor came over to me yesterday and asked that I helped with his home work. The homework was about "HERO".

I cracked my head thinking...and it dawned on me that we don't even have Heros. All those who are in top positions do nothing worthy of emulation. All those who seemed to be different went into politics and became vagabonds in power.

The Heros of today just may be all those protesters who are risking their lives coming out to speak against this injustice, nepotism, corruption etc.

#GodBlessTheProtesters.
So true... but wait oh, you no come help him do him assignment on top that abi
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Splashme: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
akoko11:
Good, I am very close to PH now to join them, Nigeria must be better enough is enough.
#istandwithnigeria
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Eddiecute86(m): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
JayIlych:

Anger at the FG and our ineptitude as citizens
thought as much. The ineptness of our citizens beats my imagination.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:
Them no plenty... all of us coward Nigerians dey office, the remaining dey house dey pray make others come protest for them... we are cowards
You self no join them now, for you to have typed this.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by bollify(m): 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:

#GodBlessTheProtesters.

No you are wrong.

Dr Adadavo

Colonel Abu Alli

Amaseimogha Paul

Those boys who scarified their life to keep others save everyday to mention but a few

There are heroes. They live among us as humans and we see them everyday
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
EternalTruths:
It will be shameful if Nigerians can't die for a better Nigeria the way Biafrans are sacrificing their lives for Biafra and a prosperous Biafra. cheesy

Afonjas come out and die for a better Nigeria angry angry angry

For Whereeeee cheesy grin cheesy
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Abudu2000(m): 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
I applaud all the heroes that all came out to protest and those that didn't. Well ,all the same it's still the same thing that made you guys stay behind your pcs##hunger
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
Justiceleague1:

pls leave the east alone outta ur#istandwithnigeria

#istandwithnigeria ko,#istoodwithzoogeria ni grin grin grin
the same ppl u tagged 5% and called names and made mockery of,now u are calling them again,for what?

Una think say God dey sleep?

Oh Please, if u didnt understand let me explain to u.

I mean you this igbos shud pls go and protest in your state and stop causing traffic here in lagos. Thanks undecided
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
bilulu:

why should d protest start from the east? didn't dey warn u guys not to vote yet u called dem names now u want dem to front d protest.....

I am not in suppport of the protest. I only know that majority of the protesters are among the 5% and thats y im encouraging you to stage ur protest in the east or better still abuja and stop making a nuisance of yourselves on lagos streets.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Akaujaa(m): 3:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
DarkRebel101:

Until their blood irrigates the fields, I'm afraid the ruling class would continue ad infinitum to gull the people with their self-serving devices as is the common practice, without effecting any positive change.

And the people being more concerned about self-preservation than winning back their destiny would, sadly, be hectored into a cave of cowardice by threats of sanction. Case in point: Innocent Ujah Idibia.

The people need to strike fear and terror into the hearts of the [corupt] politicians. Crucify, maim, burn, and KILL them, rather than imprison or let them off the hook whenever any of them is caught putting his/her fingers in the till, or found wanting.

Unfortunately, our religions – especially the 21st century brand of Christianity – have made us soft, weak, ignorant, and STUPID.

Joseph Stalin's chicken analogy in the meeting at Pulitburo seems most apt to decribe how the masses are like putty in the Government's hands.

P.S.: What we need is a Napoleon Bonaparte, not some lily-livered crooner with a million baby mamas.

What a way to aptly summarise the problem with our country! I like your spirit and analytical instinct bro. We can be friends.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by degamemaster(m): 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
Fear fear Nigerians! Useless youths especially those afonjas and their fruitless muslims counterparts from the north. You people can't organize a simple protest and stand by your words but you will rain down abuses upon abuses on NNAMDI KANU who did not pay one kobo to any body and had millions troopped out on his instructions, or what about Igbos who stood their ground for what they believed in and are ready to die for it; BIAFRA, THE ONLY TRUE NATION AND LIGHT OF THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
Justiceleague1:

in the 1st place,i aint igbo and be it known unto u tha the blessed igbos and ss doing ok unlike u afonjas....whats suddenly happened to ur lov for ur chanji master? grin

Again, do us and ur cat a favor,quit thinking with ur balls and stop quenching ur hunger with ur cat's hunting. Go out and protest grin grin grin

FOOL, i will feed ur whole family one good year and i wont b moved.

Ur hungry brodas are on the street protesting and all i care about is for me to get home safe and without traffic caused by baboons like u
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Omudia11: 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
my dear...na only Gani Faweni i tell to write oh.. The teacher supppse understand say heros no dey.
mamajaz:

So true... but wait oh, you no come help him do him assignment on top that abi
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Tynover(m): 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
catlova2:

Ur hungry brodas are on the street protesting and all i care about is for me to get home safe and without traffic caused by baboons like u
When Nigeria get spoilt won't it affect u FOOL
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
Tynover:

When Nigeria get spoilt won't it affect u FOOL

Its spoilt already. Its affecting the 5%
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mamajaz(f): 11:48am On Feb 07, 2017
Omudia11:
my dear...na only Gani Faweni i tell to write oh.. The teacher supppse understand say heros no dey.
Honestly, heroes no dey true true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
catlova2:

Haba,see painment o grin grin grin
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by 9jakool: 4:37am On Feb 08, 2017
Nigeria is just too corrupt! If we take the money incentive from the politicians, then we might have selfless politicians who serve the people because they want to help, represent, and serve the people. There is no reason for a senator to be paid more salary than a whole American president (not including the separate allowances for cars and their wardrobe). These people live off taxpayer's money and still have the guts to steal the little money set for development of Nigeria, as if they are not paid enough while a common Nigerian strive to feed his family. They buy luxurious cars, but can't even fix the roads they drive them on. They buy luxurious homes, but still rely on generators. They want to diversify the economy from oil after decades There are other areas for economic growth like manufacturing and tourism, but no investors want to set up factories because of poor infrastructure and lack of electricity. No tourist want to come because of lack of security and the poor conditions of our national parks. These are all areas for employment which can create jobs for many of our youths. Unless we elect selfless leaders and remove the greedy and recycled politicians, change will never happen in Nigeria. True change starts from the people at the top, because true leaders set an example for others to follow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Under GEJ Vs Under PMB (Pictures) / Sirika To Tinubu: President-elect Bola Tinubu, Write Your Acceptance Speech Now / PDP 2018 Governorship Campaign In Ilesha, Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.