Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) (47071 Views)

The Statue Of The Three Lagos White Cap Chiefs / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by BornStunner1: 7:26am On Mar 01, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
shut your gutter. A yoruba man masquerading as a. Igbo man. I'll train my kids to see yorubas as what I deem necessary.

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 7:34am On Mar 01, 2017
OlaoChi:

do you have any evidence at all to rival the submissions of Historians and archaeologists on Yoruba origin/Ife history?
the submissions I mean to be, Ife being occupied as early as 350BC, 13 communities with each having its own Ruler, oduduwa's ties with Oke-ora?
I want to see what makes you hold on to an israel connection
Yes I do but you know I can't divulge deep info here because I am a writer and specifically to write about my ancestors. It's a divine call because my eyes were opened to it since the age of four(4).
And a full grown man by the Grace of the REAL ASHEDA, OLOFI, ELERUN AND ELEDUMARE THROUGH HIS DIVINE WORD CALLED EL-A (JESUS)
I can't go further than this but on commentary, I will always open the eyes of the people of this great ANCESTRY.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by OlaoChi: 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
shut your gutter. A yoruba man masquerading as a. Igbo man. I'll train my kids to see yorubas as what I deem necessary.

I am both Igbo and Yoruba, from towns with ties to Bini. If you cannot comprehend mixed heritage then you have a big problem

Then you will be training your kids to be fools

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by OlaoChi: 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
Olu317:
Yes I do but you know I can't divulge deep info here because I am a writer and specifically to write about my ancestors. It's a divine call because my eyes were opened to it since the age of four(4).
And a full grown man by the Grace of the REAL ASHEDA, OLOFI, ELERUN AND ELEDUMARE THROUGH HIS DIVINE WORD CALLED EL-A (JESUS)
I can't go further than this but on commentary, I will always open the eyes of the people of this great ANCESTRY.

That you are a writer doesn't mean a thing if you have the wrong sources or use false methods. Many writers have come and gone bringing Egypt, Sudan, Israel, Arab connection claims, all have so far been debunked. It would sure be a waste of your own time and resources to publish similar material only to be even harshly debunked. So I hope your evidence is solid not hypothetical( which I think it is), solid enough to rubbish some of the Ife claims that have been backed up by local rituals and ceremonies, oral traditions and archaeology

Like ooni (who has now deactivated his account) implied , your religion is holding you up to some emotional attachments to Israel. I hope your eyes truly get opened to it eventually

Ire o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=OlaoChi post=54168851]

That you are a writer doesn't mean a thing if you have the wrong sources or use false methods. Many writers have come and gone bringing Egypt, Sudan, Israel, Arab connection claims, all have so far been debunked. It would sure be a waste of your own time and resources to publish similar material only to be even harshly debunked. So I hope your evidence is solid not hypothetical( which I think it is), solid enough to rubbish some of the Ife claims that have been backed up by local rituals and ceremonies, oral traditions and archaeology

Like ooni (who has now deactivated his account) implied , your religion is holding you up to some emotional attachments to Israel. I hope your eyes truly get opened to it eventually

Ire o[/quote} .........@Ooni did not answer the two questions I inquired of him. Did he? Have you surf the net to see some begging info? I chatted with Ooni and he tried to quashed one germane aspect of history which he could not because oral history is a pointer to who and what believe the speaker hold as his own account of existence and through which archaeological findings can back it up with excavation even if flaws exist in it . He is a believer of Yoruba tradition to a no fault but many myth of Yoruba aren't true.. Having a scientific proof of existence at ILE IFE shows it wasn't the beginning of the world and DOESN'T MEAN that the settlers were originally YORUBA people, does it? Eredo Kingdom, doesn't mean it was truly a Yoruba kingdom, does it? The excavation saw at ILE IFE WAS being calculated to be around 11th-13th century of Obalufon etc sculptures . Some had marks on their faces and some didn't had Mark, do you know?...There are more info. But if you know about Middle East war, Persian were babies compared to Assyrians and Babylonians. The Assyrians that they talked about are partly people in Europe. Now on the Yoruba to develop at same time, it was a big lie. The only time proper development was seen around 10th century. And these were period there were the last onslaught between Coptic Christians and Islam. Yoruba tradition is seen in Torah,do you know?,How did we have a religion closely related to Israel? Oyo Alaafin have an account of Yoruba migration from Medina and not mecca. Medina is a corrupt word of MODI'IN. EVEN around 350BC Israelites were already living in Africa e. g Egypt with other Tribes under the supervision of AMMON/Egypt. More migration took place from Judah to Qahatan(yemen) Aswan, elephanté, Ethiopia, Morroco etc, around 620BC all through to 17th century. And when Europeans got their butt together, they kicked Islam out massively in the 18th century and finally onslaught after they mended their differences. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE EYES MEANS SOMETHING IN YORUBA TRADITION,WHITE COLOUR, SHAWL USED ON SHOULDER BY YORUBA SPIRITUALISTS, THE PROSTRATION THAT CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN YORUBA CULTURE AND CANAAN ONLY . can you tell me Yoruba developed this on their own? The Bible is about 3400- 1900 years old and it is the only book which wrote about Israel and prostration. No part of Africa does such way to greet. Yoruba warriors wrapped leather amulet(after incantation on it) on their heads,on their body during war times. This is in Torah. Yoruba language isn't the oldest. Why then do we(Yoruba) claim the beginning of mankind? Do you know the oldest human bone found in Yoruba land is not even 10,000 years old but between 6500-9000 years old and not the oldest in Africa nor in the world. So do your findings and proof me wrong.. PROOF ME WRONG? who on Nairaland want to proof me wrong or books written for more than 200 years. The whites are so crazy about knowing the Yoruba identity that is too much of A PROTOTYPE OF ANCIENT ISRAELITES.
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by mulattoclaroo(m): 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
OlaoChi:

I am both Igbo and Yoruba, from towns with ties to Bini. If you cannot comprehend mixed heritage then you have a big problem

Then you will be training your kids to be fools
shut up. You have no tie with the Binis. I reject it in Jesus name. Stay in your ewedu republic. We dont want you guys close to us. God forbid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by BornStunner1: 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
shut up. You have no tie with the Binis. I reject it in Jesus name. Stay in your ewedu republic. We dont want you guys close to us. God forbid.

grin grin grin grin grin TAHHHH!! GODFORBID OO
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2017

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
math2001:
You people are olodo. Yoruba people go to school.

There is a need to have a good education policy.

Another one just come out talk nonsense.

If you were educated you should know the controversy was on the tussle before western education came to light!

Every tribe in Nigeria has major scholars.
Home work for you: who was the first king to learn a foreign/ European language?
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2018

1. You are fraudulent. You made it seem like every part of Lagos was not well populated before Bini's advent. In fact, your Bini history states that your Bini travellers were harrassed by Yoruba while passing through the Eko camp and Ashipa had to be sent to verify the claim but he was met with cordial and affable treatment. I am sure you're aware the pepper farm Ashipa landed on and started his rulership was peopled by Aromire's folks who was the first to get to that place?

Side note - Speaking of Bini's military, I find a lot of exaggeration when reading through it. Are there any records of Bini conquering neighbouring Edoid groups? Keep in mind Bini could not even conquer Owo or Ekiti groups that were within her reach but that is a debate for another day.

2. The relevance Iga Iduganran had was due to the esoteric knowledge of Ilesa man who is the patriach of all Oba of Lagos till today since Ologun Kutere, the Ilesa man who was a Babalawo advised the then Oba of Lagos to mount a white flag which got the attention of the sailing Europeans. At this point, the Europeans dealt with Oba of pepper farm as though he was the king of pepper farm not the entire mass of Eko. Notwithstanding, this set the tone for the political relevance Iga iduganran and Oba of Lagos enjoy since the colonial times till today.

Sidenote - I did a list of places owned by whom, I never listed Oshodi as part of Yoruba owner territoy. I clearly stated it is owned by Oshodi Tapa.

Another nonsense,go do a study the speech made by in a Oba Rilwan Akiolu,the oba of Lagos. In short here's the first paragraph

“Modern day Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko until the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Segueira changed the Maritime town to Lagos, which at that time from 1942 was Portuguese expedition center down the African Coast."

Apart from that one self,from time in memorial till date the Ooni of ice, who is seen as the pioneer king of the Yorubas,has in his palace a sit reserved exclusively for the oba of Benin, omono ba Nedo!

Please take time and meet an actual culture custodian or a priest.
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2018

Uncle, some of us are actual Historians who have read quite extensively and are involved in traditional cultural and religious circles to get information. Bini was struggling in the Eastern flank of Yoruba land. Did Bini conquer any of her felow edoid group in any known battle is the question?

In your heart of hearts, you think Bini would have bested the occupants of Eko at that point? You seriously think Bini that is far away and requires sailing through the seas can best the people who are familiar with the lands and its interiors and can draw support from Ijebu, Egba and Ibadan? Uncle, there were skirmishes but only on the pepper farm, did it spread beyond, not said in any record of the history. This connotes that, Bini itself was wise enough not to stretch its own with encoraching beyond where it got on a platter.

Oyo empire was over run, Ibadan stopped and crushed the Jihadists up to Offa for life - read, please.

The 'un-homogeneity' of Yoruba being bandied around makes no sense. It is common knowledge that Yoruba were one with Ife as a rallying point. The intra-tribal fights did not start until Owu wanted to disrupt the system then the system collapsed when Oyo collapsed - the fight was not for lack of homogeneity but rather, for balance of power. Oyo's yolk was thrown off, everyone inhaled fresh air of independence and wanted to give their lives to prevent any other power rising to take away their freedom - Ibadan in this case.

The theory of lack of homogeneity is a very ignorant one bandied around mostly by Northerners to tear into the Yoruba fabric.

Loool. Anyone who reads this would think Bini was a serious army cheesy. A ragtag group that could not even expand its hegemony by conquering other edoid groups.

Make things up to be outraged about? No fam, we are having a harmless banter that I am open minded to as I want to learn something fresh & new, something to collapse all the theories Yoruba history has been built on over the years. Something beyond the conjectures and coinages from Bini camp.

Brother,can you conquer what already is under your influence, the Brits have records of the other EDOIDS you're mentioning paying homage. Take the timeline of oba ovoramwmen n'ogbaisi.
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2018

Thank you.

We can do away with them.

The Yoruba Bini destiny bullshet is far fetched and makes no sense.

Outside Oranmiyan, borrowing our art and deities (all our orisa). We have no ties whatsoever.

Abeg people who get ogun dey kill you?
Who be the first ooking priest?
If na Sango I go De hear so please bro chill that one
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by geosegun(m): 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
mulattoclaroo:
the painful part of these who propaganda by the Yorubas is that they know the truth but tribalism, inferiority complex and low self esteem will never allow them say the truth. Amongst the 7 greatest African empires of medieval times, the Oyo empire was not included but the Benin, Axum, Mali, Songhai, Mossi, Ethiopian empires and the kingdom of Ghana were all included. I honestly don't know where these yorubas get their useless facts but I'm very happy that you always show the stupidity of these people here on nairaland. Binis are not in the same class as the yorubas. We are above them. The only thing they have is numbers and if they try any nonsense with us, we would annex the whole of Yoruba land in a jiffy.

Stop all these lies and propaganda. It doesn't pay your future generations. There is the OYO Empire and the Benin Kingdom, of which the 'royals' is an offshoot of IFE - the source. There is no crime in a people becoming more civilised due to interaction with neighbouring nations. It hàppens all over the world.
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2018
Whoever takes these illiterate Bini king & his twatttt subjects serious is wasting away his energy.

Below are pages from a book published in 1957 by an independent researcher, an European who sourced his data in Bini from Bini people.

In the red marked paragraph, an European visited Bini in 1458 way before your last iliterate revisionist king & a whole lot of you poorly read online scholars & twatts were born.

Now read & thank me later.

I included the coverpage for you folks to get copies & enlighten your poop stained minds.

Your kings' heads were taken back to Ife, Ooni approved your kings, you kissed Ife's asssss and recognized Ife's supreriority. Your recent revisionism is just being butt hurt from the western region politics and been struggling to carve a separate identity away from Yoruba for yourself.

Olodo Kingdom that Ibadan would have ravaged cheesy

Make I read book wey spell oronmiyan as aramiya hahaha abet go dash akara woman the book or take am clean yansh in a first dirty.

Oba gha to kpere!!!
Ise!

Die if you wan die
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 8:23am On Nov 30, 2018
EdoNation:
[s][/s]

YOU WULD AV BEEN DECIMATED IN SECONDS BY THE BENIN EMPIRE!!

EVEN UP TILL TODAY U LOTS ARE STILL KNOWN FOR COWARDICE HAHAHA cheesy

VERY SHAMEFULL

grin grin ;DAvwe broad shaggy!
Come talk to my face if I nor use one blow knock out their strongest warrior!
Yoruba sabi fight?
One gunshot for owanbe check out the reaction lol

Dirty people

If nor be say in a women yansh big anyhow nothing concern me concern una

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 8:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Olu317:
Please tell those ranting toothless scallywags with no brains! Their babes are the worst whores I have seen in my LIFE, always in the business of executive “RUNS" JAM hustling. You will find them in ITALY, SPAIN, KUWAIT, OMAR, LIBYA EGYPT,even within West African francophone countries etc.. A disgrace to any TRIBE.

Na hunger cause am give them money if dey nor go stop

Boys for still dey blast my landlord wife na confirm ife woman
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 9:05am On Nov 30, 2018
Kagawa10:

Worship Olokun, the sea. god? Do Bini have Sea to begin with? Yeye!

Bros na fly Portuguese fly reach Benin be?
Just allow folks wey get sense talk
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EugeneHills: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2018
cry

Oceans and creeks - then why does Benin need to use Yoruba term of 'Olokun'? Why does Bini not come up with her own Bini term for Olokun? Why does Bini have to worship Olokun using Ife method, why does Bini not have a different style of worshipping Olokun since it is about oceans and creeks.

The more you people talk the more you expose your king & yourselves as unintelligent.

Bros olokun get meaning for Benin as well as some other words like Okoro which you might argue is ibo
Why OBO name 'ee pikin Imade

Like I said before if you nor get sense just sit down watch people argue I'm not talking about the ones that come here to insult only o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by geosegun(m): 6:37am On Dec 15, 2018
EugeneHills:

Bros olokun get meaning for Benin as well as some other words like Okoro which you might argue is ibo
Why OBO name 'ee pikin Imade

Like I said before if you nor get sense just sit down watch people argue I'm not talking about the ones that come here to insult only o

Your response does not make sense.

Those were direct questions that required direct answers rather than 'beating about the bust?. Even a fool, when he keep silence, is counted to him as being wise, says the bible. Your inability to provide direct and tenable answers exposes the recent lies concocted by ungrateful generations from Benin sides. Even your ancestors would be ashamed of your actions. Benin as been proud of its association with the Yoruba since time immemorial but current children of hate and full of pride would not allow their ancestors to continue to rest in peace. Such an ungrateful generations, they would think...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / INNOSON Donates Vehicles To Ooni Of Ife / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.