Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,846 members, 7,851,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? (12283 Views)

Poll: Sometimes, a woman needs a slap from her husband.

Yes, maybe, sometimes.: 16% (26 votes)
No, it's never acceptable.: 83% (131 votes)
This poll has ended

Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Work In Distant Places Cope Sexually? / Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Honeypot1(m): 12:44am On Feb 14, 2007
LadyT, thanks for replying my senseless post.

You simply reiterated my earlier opinion, the suggestions u made fall within my 'fit-for-purpose' disciplinary measure. And as regards men getting a slap also, that is definitely offtopic because the thread clearly reads ''Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them?'' I will sure give my opinion on that when such thread comes up but until then let's keep to the topic
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by ericfrank: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2007
It's uncivilised to slap a woman. If you can't reason with your mind you have no right to be in a relationship.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2007
Radiant, beware

That's all Im gonna say.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by oluite(f): 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2007
It's too bad that people still hav this sick ideas."a slap or 2 to caution them" shocked  : sadwhat happens when a man needs"cautioning"?
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by uchetobi(f): 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2007
Totally unacceptable under any circumstance angry! A man should be man enough to walk away from any provacating situation. Speaking for myself that is more painful and more effective in passing whatever message ACCROSS
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by soulpatrol(f): 12:45am On Feb 17, 2007
peeps, i think we need to also come up with a new topic "Do Husbys Deserve a slap or Three to Caution Them"? how about that? cowards!
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by hotchic1(f): 6:46pm On May 17, 2007
ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its really bad to think of doing such a thing,can't you just ignor her when she's doing annoying stuff,ladies you better run away from guyz like this.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by hotchic1(f): 6:47pm On May 17, 2007
soulpatrol:

peeps, i think we need to also come up with a new topic "Do Husbys Deserve a slap or Three to Caution Them"? how about that? cowards!

I agree with that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by iyken(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2007
There are no reason(s) for wife battering.
But if the truth has to be said, Women are damn annoying.Gosh!
honey," i never meant to strike out,am sorry" says the Hus. grin
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by BIKINI(f): 1:34pm On May 20, 2007
the day he tries it (slap), if he can survive beatings 4rm my brothers grin grin grin(which is very unlikely) ,he definitly won't survive what i will do to him .
nonsense
angry angry angry angry
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by dinnerm(f): 8:25pm On May 20, 2007
thats foolishness,you are not allowed to raise your hand against your wife if you love her.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by donjohano(m): 11:04pm On May 20, 2007
except in self-defence!
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by somto13: 11:44pm On May 20, 2007
Slapping or beating your wife I believe are traditions of the old. IT is not learned today in many marriages. All I know is that If I am talking nonsense, my husband should not feel he can slap sense to me. Instead he should tell me to go and sit down and think of What I said. If I believe I am being nonsensical, then Iw ill apologize. The same goes for him. I will not live a domestic relationship, nor will I allow for my own children to live it
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by slimnike(m): 4:40am On Jun 02, 2007
Some women deserve it, but don't oh,
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by dakmanzero(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2007
Every human being on the face of this earth, man and woman, does something that deserves a beating several times a day.

However in civilised society, it is a crime to deliver physical beatings to ANYBODY even children,except discipliary measures for those aged 7-12. Cuffing, spanking, and caning should be dispensed with once the child turns 13, unless you are ready to suffer in an old peoples' home. (which we don't even have in Nigeria. Ungrateful/vengeful kids will leave you to rot in your own despair and die alone in sickness and pain)

man-man, woman-woman, man-woman, woman-man.

Only those charged with dispensing of physical discipline- the police, army, or whatever, are given license to do violence, and even then, they must be held accountable for any error of judgement.

So if your wife does something that deserves a slap, understand that you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to deliver said slap. Report her to the police and let them slap her. If you can't do that, then leave her be. If you slap her, you have immediately committed a crime greater than whatever she did, and SHE will find it EASIER to call the cops on you.

However.

This is Nigeria. The land of the uncivilised. I once saw a Bus conductor slap a well dressed lady at Oshodi bus stop. Why? He fondled her butt as she passed and she *stopped and turned*. Before she could say a word, she was BLAZED (as said by a previous poster). Obviously shocked, she stood there with a hand on her cheek and began to talk, GBUAAAAA silenced with another explosive SOMD (slap of mass destruction) thistime a backhand. She turned and ran.

Of course no one nearby even batted an eyelid. I should disclaim here that I observed this from a distance, across the road, but there's no need to do that because I know that, had I been nearby, I'd probably have acted like I didnt see what was happening just like everyone else. The conductor was obviously full of paraga, and besides, this is Oshodi.

Who then would support a wife beaten by her very own husband? No-one. Also understand that most of these so-called wife beatings are not 'beatings', but rather 'fights', where the wife just can't compete, and so gets beaten down with alacrity. All these women talking about retaliation should think *carefully* before they talk about beating the man back. Many times the wife being beaten is in the process of trying to retaliate. She just gets more beatings.

Think your parents will help? Maybe,  but if they so much as uttered a *word* against the guy before marriage, forget it. All you will hear is 'I told you so'.  Or even worse they will assume its your fault and start with some rubbish counselling. Soon you'll have to stop reporting to them to avoid compounding the marriage. This is to all the girls out there who post naive romantic pro-love responses to the ten thousand 'love vs family' threads out there.

In Nigeria there is no protection. No civility. No nothing. We men have to learn to handle ourselves because you never know when some fool is going to talk nonsense on the street and if you don't jack the b*stard up and show him his place you'll be pissed upon. That isn't civilisation. So sorry to say, women, but getting married in Nigeria is not a bed of roses. It is exposing yourself to these possibilities:

domestic abuse
polygamy
rampant cheating
drunkenness
AIDS and stds from ashawo's
insults and stupid behaviour from his family (she should kneel down for me in my house, etc)
sexual harrasment from extended family
Blame for ALL the man's misfortunes

and so on, with NO protection by rule of law or the society.

Look, this is a serious issue and while its easy to sweep it under the rug by coming on and insulting people that disagree with you, or trying to rationalize your bestial urge to slap your wife's facr, or claiming the right to need to 'discipline' your wife as though she was your personal she-goat, we should all face facts:

NIGERIA SUCKS BALLS AND ONE RESULT OF THAT IS THAT B@STARD BEASTLY MUTHERF%%RS CAN BEAT THEIR WIVES AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

If I were a woman I swear my priority would be to get out of this country and marry a white man. Honestly.  angry

If I sound bitter its because I AM.  angry  Too many of the girls I grew up with, or knew in Uni, are married and are now suffering. Sometimes, if, like me, you were in many 'assistant boyfriend' or 'shoulder to cry on' roles during your formative years, you find your former 'clients' come running back even after marriage to give u all kinds of sordid details and come weeping for help. These days I just disconnect from any of my friends when she decides to get married. The last thing I need is to carry someone elses burdens day in day out. YOU married in Nigeria, its your problem.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2007
This is Nigeria. The land of the uncivilised. I once saw a Bus conductor slap a well dressed lady at Oshodi bus stop. Why? He fondled her butt as she passed and she *stopped and turned*. Before she could say a word, she was BLAZED (as said by a previous poster). Obviously shocked, she stood there with a hand on her cheek and began to talk, GBUAAAAA silenced with another explosive SOMD (slap of mass destruction) thistime a backhand. She turned and ran.

Of course no one nearby even batted an eyelid.

Disgusting  angry

The same country that some people like to claim is "full of morality and better than the West"

Bull.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by dakmanzero(m): 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2007
Yes indeed, TOH. disgusting indeed.

If your mouth in real life is as sharp as it is on Nairaland, I advise you to stay where it is civilised and never set foot back here, even if you'll be living a sheltered life in daddy's mansion. On day you will talk back to one of your 'uncles' and he will blast you one from the blindest spot of your vision. Prepare for the shock of your loving caring parents apparently not giving a hoot, or taking his side.You may enjoy your intellectual superiority over the likes of saddam over there, but in Nigeria, they WILL do you physical violence, and the stupider they are the HARDER they hit,  and the more you try to set the situation right the more frustrated you will be.

Just imagine the humiliation of being beaten mercilessly by the likes of Saddam. With NO help from friends and family and/or onlookers and bystanders. Don't insult or look down on women in this country that have become subservient and submissive, they don't have a choice. A husband can physically disfigure his wife to ensure her 'fidelity' and no-one will touch him.

Anyone who claims we have better morals than the westerners is living in a dream
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by doncartel: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2007
nobody can slap his wife in this millenium unless the wife doesnt know her rights

@first poster you may come from a rural background but please dont try that in the modern world[especially with our nairaland babes] your wife is very independent,has all the rights and is more likely to win in court

i believe that all women should have an education and a source of income as that is all that can save them from these
types of people still around
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by debosky(m): 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2007
if any woman slaps her husband she should expect equal treatment, since we are in a time of gender equality.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by omogenaija(f): 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2007
debosky:

if[b] any woman slaps her husband she should expect equal treatment, since we are in a time of gender equality[/b].

OMG !! shocked shocked for the first time i actucally agree with you cheesy
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by vronnie(f): 2:25am On Jun 14, 2007
a real man does not have to put his hands on a woman to control them. kiss
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Janeesa: 6:46am On Aug 10, 2007
i think you deserve a nice swift kick up ur ass and a fist upside ur head.let any man decide he wants to give me a "slap or two" , shitt that will be the day,
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by soulpatrol(f): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2007
i know ehn? hmmm, i know say i wasn't a tomboy for nothing. all those days of climbing trees and playing rough with the boys will come in handy. i go show am say some women no weak at all. u slap me i slap u back, yank ur nuggets off and beat the shit out of u. then u go know say u no suppose touch woman.  tongue

too many men are cowards. they can slap a woman but they cant even face their fellow male counterparts. rubbish!
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by chiogo(f): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2007
lol, @soulpatrol, i know,right?? I know am not takin' any beatin' from any man, that's a no-no. Even if i can't hit back, it's O-V-E-R!! anywayz, that won't be my portion. I'll study d person first. am a very observant person. If i see signs of forcefulness, I'd run as fast as my legs would carry me. Am not about to have my face disfigured. I pity all these women who take beatings.phewww, most of 'em (in naija) is because they're dependent on d husband, maybe a housewife so she'd be too scared to retaliate. no where to go. That's why education is important, u make your own money and be stable, no MAN would be able to control u. My sis and i always promise ourselves that we'd be rich, hard-workin' women so no idiot would use me as his punch-bag. shocked. lol, he wldn't even dare!! cheesy
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2007
Somethings can still be imagined in this 21st century In this day and age What a topic. Do wives Deserve A Slap or Two To Caution Them Just goes to show a very "primitive" mentality!!! What a LOKITO!!!!
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by soulpatrol(f): 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2007
men are just scared because women are not meek and docile anymore. so they want to resort back to their primitive ways of holding a woman down. una time don pass o my brothers. this is the new age. women shouldnt have been taking crap from day one, but then again, one day for the thief, one day for the master, right?
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by TCUBE(m): 7:38am On Aug 11, 2007
deserve slap? she aint ur slave, she is ur wife dam it!!!!1
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by soulpatrol(f): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2007
ah, good to know there are still some decent men out there that would treat their ladies like the queens they are. cheesy

how would u feel if u saw ur dad slapping on ur mum? if ever that happened, i know for sure the man is toast. father or not, imma gather up people to give him the beating of his life because at that point, i've lost all my repect for him and he's no longer a man in my eyes. but, phew, thank God my father has more common sense than that.

i know women have big mouths and can provoke a man sometimes, but wouldnt it be better if u just walked away from her or left the house so u can both cool down, as opposed to smacking her like a child?  lipsrsealed
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Ralvy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2007
Haba, that's wrong, Y slap a lady, ur wife to be precise

Any man that does that tu u as a lady dosn't deserve u, I mean it*
No amount of insanity or anger should bring that on
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by olanajim(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2007
It is a unfair to brand men the way you do. That some men choose to be wrong doesn't mean the whole generation of men are wrong.

If a woman marry a man that slap her regularly, it is her choice. There are men out there who would not lift a finger at you. Some of you women brand them as weak. Every woman want a strong man. So, if he turn you to his punching bag, you have the choice of leaving.

I think men who hit women delebrately are cowards. There are million ways you can correct wrong doing without beating her. However, if the woman started the fight by hitting the husband, I think she deserve whatever she get.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by initiate: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2007
there is too much argument about whether you shd beat a woman or not . and this argument is because you generalise and also depend so much on cultural and environmental factors.

but i would tell you the truth today. all women are not the same. i love women a lot, tall, short, dark, fair, slim, plump different versions and i would tell you they fall into different groups. you need to understand and put a value on a woman and that is what determines where u place her. some girls are so sweet and delicate that u cant even shout at them not to talk of slapping, while some are complete animals. we all have heard stories of girls that you give a ride and when you want to drop them they tie your clothes and demand payment for the "action" which you did not even do. those ones would enjoy a good slap

so in my opinion some useless girl out there deserve a slap once a while and they actually enjoy it. but others you just treat them like a queen and even give them chocolates , roses, nice dates and even a head once a while just to remind them that they are special

finally if you see a woman that you cant treat as special, you should not marry her, just let her go after a few times
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by soulpatrol(f): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
omigod is this the twilight zone!?  toto, we're not in kansas anymore! clicks heels together like in the wizard of oz tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? / Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children? / Why Do We Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.