Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Tincan Port Congestion - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tincan Port Congestion (18326 Views)

Unbelievable: Bluetooth Device Will Help Motorist To Avoid Traffic Congestion / A Man Miraculously Survived A Ghastly Trailer Crush At Tincan Apapa / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle At TINCAN PORT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
adexfem:

The Dock workers(Labour) are on strike now, so things are at stand still are the various terminals now sad

What is the average delay at the moment?
All these strikes is useless oh.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
adexfem:

The Dock workers(Labour) are on strike now, so things are at stand still are the various terminals now sad

Hey!!! Which kain devil be all these?
I go defeat all of them!!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by KunleA2(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2009
Emperoh:

Kunle A aka Sultaan!! grin grin
Which state u dey jare. . . u know tis your name dey confuse me atimes!!

I am not Sultaan. Kunle is my name.I am in Southern California. I am not sure where sultaan chime in from. Good luck.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
Kunle-A:

I am not Sultaan. Kunle is my name.I am in Southern California. I am not sure where sultaan chime in from. Good luck.
#

Oops my bad. . . . . Never mind!!
Apologies man!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
Emperoh:

Hey!!! Which kain devil be all these?
I go defeat all of them!!!

I am not sure the FG thinks about the money they are losing by hour while such strike continues.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am not sure the FG thinks about the money they are losing by hour while such strike continues.

They are too occupied with Oil Money to care!!
I just hope this industrial action doesn't last. . . . cos this will really destabilize me!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
The strike is true and d dock workers have sworn a long battle.they are sendin cars to a new parkin lot.its so bad dat u cant move a released car out with a bribe.people of God on NL pls pray 4 us .
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
this is a bad news ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by KunleA2(m): 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
Rothstein:

The strike is true and d dock workers have sworn a long battle.they are sendin cars to a new parkin lot.its so bad dat u cant move a released car out with a bribe.people of God on NL pls pray 4 us .

Wao! ? The first time bribery doesnt work in Nigeria! grin God help us.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
Rothstein:

Hmm wonders shall never end. . . . .so what could be causing this industrial action?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by GeorgeD1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2009
the strike is coming at a very wrong time ooooo! shocked
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
I was at d 5star term 2day.Aquamarine discharge was halted around 2pm cos of parkn space.vandalization is very high at d terminal. highlander power window&AC knob stolen.Need 2 rest now.i ll kept u abreast on the container term soon.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by rozu4luv(m): 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
they should start up wit the one at the east to free lagos from all that many people don't want to go over the clearing troubles
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
The dock workers are back to work today smiley

@Rothstein, you are very correct,sorry for the bad experience its rampant at that terminal.
Next time tell your agent to secure your cars from the terminal.Its possible to lock your car as soon as it gets down from the vessel.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
Adexfem . . . see why i respect u
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by GeorgeD1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2009
what a big relief especially for people like fhemmmy! grin
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
George_D:

what a big relief especially for people like fhemmmy! grin

That is big relief number one oh, the next one is i pray that the yeye congestion get over soon oh, this is why i like taking December off the biz.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by profigwe: 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2009
wot do you expect, when bode george has crted away the port expansion project money , leaving costain the contractor with little or no money to do any thing. where is TONY ANENIH, d port he is the chairman is cngested.
remember nigeria port authority is the next highest income revenue generation source for nigeria. i stand to be corrected.
GOD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY, WHICH SECTOR IS NOT CONGESTED.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by GeorgeD1(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

That is big relief number one oh, the next one is i pray that the yeye congestion get over soon oh, this is why i like taking December off the biz.

that means no hope for my package this month, abi?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by skyone(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2009
@Adexfem, Fhemmy, George D and Emperor

Please how much is it to clear a 2002 Honda accord/ Toyota previa in Nigeria.

Overall Cost in Nigeria/cotonu:

And

Time Scale in Nigeria/cotonu:

I'm sending both at the end of February.

Please which port is safer. Many thanks
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by mamagee3(f): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2009
This is serious. . . grin
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2009
skyone:

@Adexfem, Fhemmy, George D and Emperor

Please how much is it to clear a 2002 Honda accord/ Toyota previa in Nigeria.

Overall Cost in Nigeria/cotonu:

And

Time Scale in Nigeria/cotonu:

I'm sending both at the end of February.

Please which port is safer. Many thanks

I will advice u send it to Lagos port, i am sure all the congestion is only for the xmas period and sanity will return to the port before February

For the clearing, talk to the man with magics, and that person is no other than Adexfem.

I have been using him for a while and have no regrets.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2009
All and all. . .i think we'll still have it this way
Its pretty much heavy though i don't know what it looks like today.
Monday will present a clearer picture. This country self!!!

Adex
I understand the strike was as a result of NPA going to employ contract workers
to do the job the Dockworkers were meant to be doing?
How true is this? Also, where you at the Terminal today? What is it like?

Jenju
I understand Pearl Ace 61 is discharging as at today?
Ade i guess i am correct?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2009
I was at d 5*terminal 2day.few cars were discharged but was stopd due 2 space.d security guyz r makin it big vandalizin but u could tip dem 2 secure it.pls dont rely on d clearin agent words 90% r crooks.they make alot of money and set u up on long cons such as demurrage.over charged terminal fee
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by jerryland: 1:55am On Dec 13, 2009
Nigeria we hail thee!!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Bassey131: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ Emperoh,
I am shipping a vehicle (2002 Ford Ranger Pick-Up) from the US to arrive Lagos in mid January. Can you please recommend a good clearing agent for me? The vehicle costs me just under $2,000 by private sale and $1,500 for freight. How much do you think the total clearing costs will be? And how long will it take to clear the vehicle?

Many thanks.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2009
Tincan is a real subset of nija.i was told my other suv would not be discharged until thurs next wk.i talk wt an ilutex driver and he dropped d suv 4 me 2 day in 10 mins.nija my country! For fellow NLs i got a deeper life clearin agent who charge less and delivers on time.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Bassey131: 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ Rothstein,
Can you recommend a clearing agent, please?
By the way, what is ilutex driver?
Many thanks.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2009
@Bassey 131 ilutex is the name of the driving agency dat drives autos from d vessel to d car park. Pls send a mail to derpson5@gmail.com so as to link up wt d clearn agent
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Bassey131: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
Many thanks.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2009
@emperoh, i was at the terminal yesterday and aquamarine was still discharging, we expect her to leave today sha.
@skyone accord 02- 230k, previa - 180k.
@Rothstei, there are a lot of good agents around. Which vessel brought your vehicle?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2009
@Adexfem Good agent indeed! U guyz operates like confra.u all know d dirty deals & swindlin done but u cover one another so dat d CHOPPING would continue.my containers r no go area cos of congestion.took delivery of 1 suv on aquamarine, expe d realeasĂȘ of another by tues.fellow NL open ur eyez when dealn wt clern agents. Wt d govt charge and custom bribe is half of what they charge us.TRUTH IS BITTER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? / Tricks Vulcanisers Use To Defraud Motorists / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.