Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,372 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Tincan Port Congestion - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tincan Port Congestion (18310 Views)

Unbelievable: Bluetooth Device Will Help Motorist To Avoid Traffic Congestion / A Man Miraculously Survived A Ghastly Trailer Crush At Tincan Apapa / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle At TINCAN PORT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2009
Emperoh:

Jerry

Congrats to you too. . . . .U helped ease the tension so it doesn't look like am the only one.
I just ran into another hitch. . . .i am having problems confirming my Telex at Alraine as am using a fotocopy for clearing
Can anyone here tell me how to get about this?

Why dont you just talk to adexfem, if it has to do with your clearing.
Or what exactly is the problem.

Why not just talk to Adexfem if it has to do with clearing.
Or what exactly is the problem ? so that we can all find a way to help a great brother.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by jerryland: 2:30am On Jan 01, 2010
@Emperoh,
Fhemmy is right, Please talk to Ade,
According-by fhemmy he has the magic hands when it comes to clearing,
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by jerryland: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2010
Updates? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2010
Jerry, Fhemmy

Thanks for your concern. . . i am still trying to see what i can do. . . .if i don't get the release telex
there is barely nothing i can do even when Ade comes on but should he have anything to offer,
pls let me know. . . .i hope we can confirm it by monday.

Hope u guys had a good holiday?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmmy: 4:26am On Jan 03, 2010
Emp baba . . . . i salute oh.
My holiday was sweet, it is new year and looking forward to better biz.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by jerryland: 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2010
My holiday has been great, Am praying you get your telex release on monday.
Faith it!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by mistakay: 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2010
Emperoh:

Jerry, Fhemmy

Thanks for your concern. . . i am still trying to see what i can do. . . .if i don't get the release telex
there is barely nothing i can do even when Ade comes on but should he have anything to offer,
pls let me know. . . .i hope we can confirm it by monday.

Hope u guys had a good holiday?

i suffered the same faith last month my car stayed over 40 days at 5 star terminal due to Alraine telex issues.It cost me 125,000 extra charges at the end of the day i had to get a copy of the telex myself from hoegh and i can see so many nigerian names have been copied the email that is the people at Alraine.Your telex is with them but there is nothing you can do this Alraine people.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by jerryland: 12:07am On Jan 04, 2010
i suffered the same faith last month my car stayed over 40 days at 5 star terminal due to Alraine telex issues.It cost me 125,000 extra charges at the end of the day i had to get a copy of the telex myself from hoegh and i can see so many nigerian names have been copied the email that is the people at Alraine.Your telex is with them but there is nothing you can do this Alraine people.

It better to get the telex release from Hoegh, am sure that solved the problem. This is exactly what I did.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by azubyky: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2010
can some1 pls tell me if i was cheated. i payed $5000 for shipping and clearing a 2006 infinity fx35 from houston to nigeria
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2010
@azubyky :

In my own opinion, which may not be the fact, i don't think you were cheated.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 8:06am On Jan 05, 2010
mistakay:

Hmm this is terrible. . . . .what sort of nonsense is this?
I guess i have to go back to Grimaldi, . , cos i was running away from PTML terminal charges
This is scaring me to my pants. . . . .N125k?

BTW, when does the demurrhage start to count?
Who knows?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by jerryland: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
Emperoh, , It will not lead to that you know!

When hope is lost, have faith. My Camry is coming out to day,
You can come celebrate with me first, Rem. Rejoice with them that rejoice!!!! wink wink wink

Dont mind me, do your part, and all will be well. All is well that ends well!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2010
Jerry

Thanks man. . . .at last we all are seeing the fruits of our wait
I have sighted the Murano but the Telex issue is still lingering. . .i have asked my shipper to send the Original BOL
So pending the arrival or confirmation of the Telex, who knows, that might come in first
If i had known, i woulda done this earlier than now. . . but then, they are all permutations!!

Who knows how much is paid for Telex release?

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 5:03am On Jan 07, 2010
Emperor and Jerry . . . . glad to know that things are working well for you guys.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by jerryland: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2010
Emperoh, Thank you. My Car came out yesterday after much 'hold-ups' at Five star terminal. On the Telex release, you will have to get one from Hoegh its self. Contact your shipper. I got my easily and that was what I used. Am not sure the cost will be aboe $60 ( this is subject to confirmation).

@fhemmy, Thanks alot. Car has been handed over by Adexfem. I think the guy knows his onions. Expecting more deliveries by March.

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
Jerryland, Fhemmy!
The Murano just came out today cos of the Telex issue!!
Shipping agent released the car but for some reasons, Hoegh declined to release to us!!
But i thank God i sorted it out but not after paying 9k in demurhage charges!!

Thanks for all and the person who set up this thread!!

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
Emperoh:

Jerryland, Fhemmy!
The Murano just came out today cos of the Telex issue!!
Shipping agent released the car but for some reasons, Hoegh declined to release to us!!
But i thank God i sorted it out but not after paying 9k in demurhage charges!!

Thanks for all and the person who set up this thread!!

Congratulationssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss . . . . . . we need to pop the champagne
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2010
Fellow NL, happy new year to you all! i glad this thread is appreciated by all. i set it up to learn from the autos Guru and share my experience in clearing and co. my people, car biz is not for the faint hearted . i commend all who make a living from it.When you price a clean ride on western avenue pls dont bargain too much cos the seller went thro shit to get it there and he has to recoup his investment. my last experience @ the port is dat 95% of clearing agents are cheats and i stand to be proved wrong by any NLer.im out

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by temodent(m): 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2010
Pls needs an advice, got a car shipped from UK to Cotonou, car arrived in Cotonou since December 21st thereabout (Grimaldi), however the shipper has not released the bol because he claimed it is being withheld by the shipping line due to an outstanding indebtedness to the shipping line. What can I do in this case pls advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by sultaan(m): 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2010
Well the ship set sale before you pay for shipping, so you/your people have to know what you owe.Do you have a bill of laden

Do they still use Telex?

My dad had one in the 80's.

What happened to fax and emails?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 8:52am On Jan 18, 2010
Rothstein!!
U are somewhat right!!!
Its almost in every Nigerian system!!!

Fhemmy
thanks a bunch; a bottle of Don Perrignon for you!!!

Temodent
Had a similar issue with Hoegh but in Nigeria!!
U need to get in touch with the Shipping line thru the Shipper but that is IF YOU ARE SURE YOU HAVE PAID the freight charges
DO them e-mails and follow up with calls they will release once u can prove as such; but i pity you and that your car
Cos i can bet my car its has been stripped; Cotonou ports are one of the most porous in West coast of Africa!!
So hurry asap to avert more demurhage charges and further stripping!!!

Matter of fact, i lost some door knobs at Five Star Terminal, the pics below will prove as such!!

First Two Pictures were before Shipping
Last Two was in Nigeria after clearing. . . pics were taken yesterday!!

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by temodent(m): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2010
Thanx, the real issue is, the shipper one mercyland agency in Kent, seems not to have paid the shipping line, hence the reason for the shipping line witholding the bol. Leaving me dry. Anyone shipping from the Uk should be very careful never to deal with mercyland agency they are without doubt mercyless. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Rothstein:

You are very correct. Infact, I'll say more than 98% of them are cheat.

Please, all be careful of all this nonsense about one person been a good guy; there's a collaboration somewhere to deceive people

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
Emperor, sorry for the wahala . . . hope there is someone you could complain to and get some claims back?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 11:06pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ib612, thanks for ur sincerity. the car importers on NL dont wanna talk about the clearing agents and i wonder why. i cleared two 2007 jeeps in dec highlander and ford ,i paid 450k for the ford but paid 320k for the highlander. i used two agents the second agent told me i was duped and that he and his partner still made 130k from the 320k i paid. the custom duty on both jeeps are 170k respectively. 18k for the shipping company and 17k for the shipping agent. the balance goes to their pockets. i implore importers to speak up on clearing so we know how to reduce our cost of clearing cars its so bad dat corruption has taken over some part of our system.the clearing agents would tell you they had to bribe the custom guys but i found out the tip is as small as 10k if need be.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 2:19am On Jan 23, 2010
Rothstein:

@ib612, thanks for your sincerity. the car importers on NL dont wanna talk about the clearing agents and i wonder why. i cleared two 2007 jeeps in dec highlander and ford ,i paid 450k for the ford but paid 320k for the highlander. i used two agents the second agent told me i was duped and that he and his partner still made 130k from the 320k i paid. the custom duty on both jeeps are 170k respectively. 18k for the shipping company and 17k for the shipping agent. the balance goes to their pockets. i implore importers to speak up on clearing so we know how to reduce our cost of clearing cars its so bad dat corruption has taken over some part of our system.the clearing agents would tell you they had to bribe the custom guys but i found out the tip is as small as 10k if need be.

Although, i dont know too much about how much it actually cost to do the clearing and the cost to the govt and all that, but i dont think that the import duty on a 2007 SUV could be as low as 170K, i think u need to be careful and be sure that the agents are actually paying all that needed to be paid, cos i have heard of cases where clearing agents will arrange for the ride to be stolen out of the port, thus evade to pay for the clearing cost and remember, it doesnt take anything at Oluwole to get a fake documents . . . . i will advice that you be sure they are doing the right thing.
Like l said, i dont know too much, but i am not sure it will be that cheap on a 2007 SUV . . . . .
If anyone knows the procedures and how much it actually cost . . . .please speak up.
I have been using Adexfem and so far, i have no regrets . . . . .simple, humble and efficient dude. . . . . never knew him from Adams till we started working together and since then, he is now my brother from the other mother
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2010
[b][/b][i][/i]I've been shipping things to 9ja for a long time now and knows some of the procedures that should be taken when duties and all other associated costs are paid.

The guy that charged you 450k for that SUV probably played on Ur been a novice.
The other guy that u paid 320k surely collected the amount that's usually paid for SUV. Remittances of duties or forged documentation is another case and may not be ruled out. If the guy that cleared the other one for 320k told u he paid 170k as duties may be saying so to win more business from u.

Nevertheless, i still stand on the fact that most of these guys are cheat and not honest no matter how one knows them. I do a lot of shipping, knows most of these guys right up to their elected officers and most of them i've met several times.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by rasmur5: 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2010
wrong thread
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2010
So how much do you think people should pay for New model SUV and newer model Sedan
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 1:57am On Jan 24, 2010
@ib612 its so nice of you opening up the can of worms. pls elaborate on clearn process and amount im expectn a 2009 suv and wd not want to fall 4 another con. im so surprised Fheemmy is asking abt cost of clearing now - he has been the champion of AGENTS MUST CHOP syndrome and he praises Adexfem like he takes a cut from the con money too.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 6:09am On Jan 24, 2010
Rothstein:

@ib612 its so nice of you opening up the can of worms. pls elaborate on clearn process and amount im expectn a 2009 suv and wd not want to fall 4 another con. im so surprised Fheemmy is asking abt cost of clearing now - he has been the champion of AGENTS MUST CHOP syndrome and he praises Adexfem like he takes a cut from the con money too.

[b]Hello Mr. Rothstein,
I am a man that appreciate good service, it is not just about the money, i celebrate reliable and dependable service when i see one and that is what i have enjoyed with Mr. Adexfem . . . . yes, i have sang his praised and i have approved of his services.
I will not take offence to your statement --im so surprised Fheemmy is asking abt cost of clearing now - he has been the champion of AGENTS MUST CHOP syndrome and he praises Adexfem like he takes a cut from the con money too. --- i will instead just say thanks, BTW, i hope you know that just cos someone is asking questions of how and the cost of something doesnt mean i am not satisfied with the service i am getting from Mr. Adexfem . . . I refuse to get upset with your statement, but instead, i say you are blessed . . . . .if that was a fair statement, you be the judge.
Please note that i dont get involved in kick backs and never will, i am glad with what i have and my business is blessed, not by my power, but by His grace.
[/b]
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2010
ib612 and rothstein, kindly divulge some of these agents' tactics, we are waiting to hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

His Honda Cross Tour Was Snatched In Abuja - Please Help / How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? / Tricks Vulcanisers Use To Defraud Motorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.