Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari (16810 Views)

The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment / The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) / The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2017
izombie:
when obama took over from bush he didn't go about blaming bush, he went to work. Americans were losing their homes and all that, but obama went to work. The thing is, what has this government done to right the wrongs of gej? The answer is nothing. Instead they have made things worse for the common nigerian with their policies.
did bush stole more than 30tr within 5yrs? Did obama pay debt owed during bush regime, did bush owe contractors? Did obama pay fuel and fertilizer subsidy? Did bush leave unpaid abandon project?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by engrchykae(m): 11:38am On Feb 17, 2017
what annoys me most is that the youths that is supposed to be forming a political movement are busy doing image doctering for the criminals that robbed nigeria.from the idiot that masturbate with the fleet of expensive cars his political tin gods ride to tonye and passingsh*t that goes gaga when defending their paymasters.wole soyinka is right,this a wasted generation.
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 11:38am On Feb 17, 2017
Nukualofa:
See i beg you with anything you worship to stay away from my mentions because i don't want your bad tenses to add to the headache I'm having right now
so dont comment for what is bigger than your head.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by folaolumike(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2017
The truth that we must all admit is the fact that this present government headed by Buhari has added more problems to the ones he inherited which is a clear case of incompetence. This government by her actions and in actions has shown clearly that it can not be trusted. It is just unfortunate that we still have zombies who can still not see the handwriting on the wall.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by kYjelly2: 11:41am On Feb 17, 2017
It will be 2 years in office in May 2017 and we are still hearing about past administration.

So are you saying that without Oil, nothing can happen in Nigeria?

That's why I was pleading with those around me to employ a competent person to the post of the Presidency, one who can actually think outside the box, as opposed to majority of Nigerians trapped in the box of illiteracy.

You can't think about Tech, you can't think about Agric, you can't think about Gold, you can't think about Uranium, you can't think about Coal, you can't think about Earth Metals...

Just Oil, Oil price in this year, Oil price in that year, no oil, then we all fold our hands.

Tufiakwa!! What a shameless Nation, headed by an absconder President, supporter of Sharia and a Coup Plotter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by zaimeg: 11:41am On Feb 17, 2017
engrchykae:
what annoys me most is that the youths that is supposed to be forming a political movement are busy doing image doctering for the criminals that robbed nigeria.from the idiot that masturbate with the fleet of expensive cars his political tin gods ride to tonye and passingsh*t that goes gaga when defending their paymasters.wole soyinka is right,this a wasted generation.
My brother, the thing tire me oh.
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Dieumerci1: 11:41am On Feb 17, 2017
At least Stella Oduah was relived by a man allegedly tagged as Mr Corruption. Aren't we right to ask that Babachir Lawal that fed fat on the poor IDPs, Buratai, Magu and the likes should be relived by the so called Mr Integrity aka Mr. Kwarruption Fighter? Bros reason now. Aren't we right to expect more from the self-acclaimed Mr. Integrity who ironically surround himself with people who have over 16 years track record in corruption? Nothing like corruption should be smelt aroung the almighty Mr. Kwaruption Fighter. But alas! The reverse is the case!

StOla:
TonyeBarcanista is a man pretending to be asleep, you cannot awaken him to a reality he is hiding from.

Imagine claiming Jonathan relieved Stella Oduah of office due to corruption in the BMW saga. How many months after that and the fake Master's degree scandal was she shuffled out of the cabinet with praise? Where was the prosecution that was supposed to follow? The same party gave her a senatorial ticket.

Just like they want us to believe Andrew Yakubu was relieved as NNPC GMD due to corruption without prosecution, as opposed to the actual power tussle with Queen Diezani of Corruptia.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 11:42am On Feb 17, 2017
azzima:
ILLITERATES! !!!!

Stop spluttering saliva all over the thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Guyman02: 11:42am On Feb 17, 2017
PassingShot:

This is not about any politician. It's about separating facts from lies and distortions

It is also about the politicians and the will power to take stringent decisions and stand by it.
One of the positive signals that would have helped the economy was PMB visit to China and the Naira - Yuan swap agreement, the swap would have helped so many businesses since a lot of our imports come from China, but suddenly the Minister of Foreign Affairs came out and informed us that there was no Naira swap agreement after the visit by Christine Lagarde the IMF chief, why would PMB say something and not stand by it because he is afraid of what the west will do.
Trump said he would stop immigration from certain countries and still carried it out, even when the courts stopped him, he still obeyed the court ruling but has asked his legal team to look for other avenues to keep to that promise, that is what leadership should be in as much as it is for the perceived benefit of his country and then juxtapose that with PMB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by udees: 11:44am On Feb 17, 2017
I will take closer look at the policies of the past administration and continue with those that are good
I will engage more region, tribes,
I will seek advice from the real technocrats not those that sponsored my election alone.
I will guard my language when speaking.
I will fight corruption with transparency irrespective of party affiliates.
Sorry: You said one thing---I will reverse some of his policies and engaged the people before implement them.
eph12:

I have just one question. If you are to be in Buhari's shoes and you have just one thing to do that will make great direct impact in the lives of citizens of this country, what would it be?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Princedapace(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Why do you people feel or see the need to write long epistles about a government / politicians who don't give any fvck about you? Will this long write up change d sorry state of the country?

Young men, speed your time on meaningful worthwhile stuffz not defending something that is totally undefendable( if Ders really any word like that) .

Baby, I love you for this.. I av not even checked your pics but this your comment is awesome..

These men supporting PDp or APc just don't get it, well, maybe they are among the highly paid media reps for APC.. I heard they are plenty of them mandated to defend the party and Buhari..

These men only change party names, they are same people.. U can imagine Atiku now, in a different party, forming innocent and a saint!

Just look at our history, same set of people, changing party names, killing us gradually and we still defend them..

My dear, I finished GEJ administration and Buhari now, same foolishness, we don't av any leader in Nigeria..

In fact, if God just pick my call eh, Nigeria is a zoo.. No laws, no enforcement, we just dey free style..

Abeg, accept my friend request Jareeee.. U are a good head.. kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by somehowpenis(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2017
PassingShot:

My cubicle office can make me employ you on salary of more than N100k monthly.

You need job? Send your CV to passingshot@gmail.com
any phool can claim to be anything online, for the fact that you were making a post on nairaland and ready to argue by 9:30am of your Nigerian time, it shows you are as jobless as every other country man of yours lamenting over the terrible situation of things down there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Princedapace(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2017
PassingShot:

This is not about any politician. It's about separating facts from lies and distortions

So my brother, u can see a difference between GEJ ams Buhari?

Lolz... I can bet u, they same.. Many of them in Buhari ApC were there in PDP...

They are all there to steal.. I can bet u, give Buhari, same 16 years or more, my brother, Nigeria will not still be better..

This is not about GEJ or Buhari, is about structural problem.. We av foundational problem as a country..

We don't even know how many we are.. We are so funny in Nigeria..

We can change parties for 100 years, Nigeria will not make sense still... Save this post.. Except we attend to our faulty foundation..
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by kYjelly2: 11:50am On Feb 17, 2017
This is the same retrogressive coup plotter that boldly claimed that he will not devalue the naira, as if it is all by word of mouth.

Well, isn't it the same pieces of shhhit like passingshit here urged him on then

What did they even call it again Oh that's right, "Body Language" undecided

What do now have today is the dullard still using his mouth to proclaim dollar at N199 as a law for the whole world to follow

Simply the dullest light bulb in the bunch, barely any lumens whatsoever.

Idiotic supporters! Everything good then was "Body Language":

-Power supply was almost constant when he resumed and it was "Body Language", now power supply is bad and it is Past Administration

-When he first resumed office, naira rose against the dollar and it was "Body Language", now dollar is N500 and it's Past Administration not saving

How can anyone defend the chief dullard

One who went on Aljazeera saying there is no foreign currency for students, but has personally been in the UK now for almost 30days, spending forex, supplied by the Nigerian Nation.

Dullard!

Just one big, directionless, despotic, coup plotting, no certificate having, ajala wannabe dullard undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 17, 2017
somehowpenis:
any phool can claim to be anything online, for the fact that you were making a post on nairaland and ready to argue by 9:30am of your Nigerian time, it shows you are as jobless as every other country man of yours lamenting over the terrible situation of things down there.

Lol...d passing zombie won't like datgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by StOla: 11:53am On Feb 17, 2017
Dieumerci1:
At least Stella Oduah was relived by a man allegedly tagged as Mr Corruption. Aren't we right to ask that Babachir Lawal that fed fat on the poor IDPs, Buratai, Magu and the likes should be relived by the so called Mr Integrity aka Mr. Kwarruption Fighter? Bros reason now. Aren't we right to expect more from the self-acclaimed Mr. Integrity who ironically surround himself with people who have over 16 years track record in corruption? Nothing like corruption should be smelt aroung the almighty Mr. Kwaruption Fighter. But alas! The reverse is the case!

She was not relieved! She was never charged.

She was shuffled out of the cabinet a year later and also many months after her fraudulent Master's degree scandal, then given senatorial ticket for her "good work".

It is normal to reshuffle the cabinet, she was not the first minister to be casually replaced by Jonathan.

Maybe Buhari is also waiting for 1yr to elapse then claim he relieved Babachir of his position due to corruption that was revealed 1year earlier.
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by zaimeg: 11:54am On Feb 17, 2017
Princedapace:

So my brother, u can see a difference between GEJ ams Buhari?

Lolz... I can bet u, they same.. Many of them in Buhari ApC were there in PDP...

They are all there to steal.. I can bet u, give Buhari, same 16 years or more, my brother, Nigeria will not still be better..

This is not about GEJ or Buhari, is about structural problem.. We av foundational problem as a country..

We don't even know how many we are.. We are so funny in Nigeria..

We can change parties for 100 years, Nigeria will not make sense still... Save this post.. Except we attend to our faulty foundation..
Exactly, the foundation is faulty. We should stop deceiving ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Devane(m): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2017
To be very clear and simple as posible from my own point of view, Passingshot and Tonyebarcanista are both saying the same thing. No sane human without any form of sentiment will say GEJ's government and its predicesors did not play their part in making Nigeria what it is today, economically. But PMB's administration is not doing any better at the moment! (don't know about the future). Look at the stats! You guys are still trying to make the same point at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by project8(m): 11:56am On Feb 17, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Why do you people feel or see the need to write long epistles about a government / politicians who don't give any fvck about you? Will this long write up change d sorry state of the country?

Young men, speed your time on meaningful worthwhile stuffz not defending something that is totally undefendable( if Ders really any word like that) .
this writeup is meant for the matured minds who care about the future of this great country and not for kids like u.mayb u shud maintain the romance section where u are more active and leave politics to patriots
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Dieumerci1: 11:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Ok, let the president show us that he truly hates anything corruption by desisiting from shielding the alleged corrupt persons in his cabinet. We shouldn't be comparing the president with the last administration. Let there be a wide margin of CHANGE for us to move forward.

StOla:

She was not relieved! She was never charged.

She was shuffled out of the cabinet a year later and given senatorial ticket.
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by WhiteNoise(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
Zombies are never hungry, they're enjoying the status quo. Canada pay me pass
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by obiageIi(f): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
luvinhubby:
Buhari Media Centre (BMC) crew reporting live from Utako, FCT.

By their fruits fingers you shall know them.
By their empty head you shall no them. Posting offtopic nonsense
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by cooljude(m): 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
slimmdree:
Brodaly ur not getting it, no one says PMB doesnt have hes fault, but what the guy is saying is if GEJ had done the needful then, we wont be in this situation right now.

Brodaly what I am saying is they should stop the blame game and divert tactics, they came with a promise of correcting the wrongs, they should work towards it and not remember us of so many ills.
If it's about calling out past leaders, we would also call our current president because he once ruled this country too. we know all this issue before and they campaigned on reverting and making things better, so what I am saying is that irrespective of political affiliation, we should hold any office holder to fulfill their campaign promise and not let them find excuses not to deliver.
I am fed up with this country, if you read our daily papers from 1960, it seems like 2017 paper. The same issue. OK tell me, how can a country this big not generate energy for its citizens. I thought the current minister of Power once said, is it rocket science to produce enough power. Why has his tone changed, in fact I see less power, what are they doing to better things.
Honestly, i would prefer every government to have just one core agenda, for instance if Buhari had said this first four terms would be dedicated to solving our power and making sure that everything is resolved. Then the next next tenure could be dedicated to Food sustenance or Road development.
We just have to start moving forward abeg, I no wan dey hear excuse.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by eph12(m): 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
udees:
I will take closer look at the policies of the past administration and continue with those that are good
I will engage more region, tribes,
I will seek advice from the real technocrats not those that sponsored my election alone.
I will guard my language when speaking.
I will fight corruption with transparency irrespective of party affiliates.
Sorry: You said one thing---I will reverse some of his policies and engaged the people before implement them.
You need to engage people before you know 247 electricity is paramount for the growth of our economy and national development?
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by obiageIi(f): 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nukualofa:
who is arguing with you when rice is 20k

Comot for here jare
A comment is enough to show an empty head
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Dieumerci1: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2017
Research already done before posting sir. Research shows that the price of rice is still on the high side, inflation rate keeps rising (18.&%), prices of kerosine, fuel, food stuff etc keep increasing under this admin. This is what i mean by "what affects the people directly" bros.

PassingShot:

Non-oil export part of GDP has started to increase. Local production of rice and some other agric products have increased. A simple research will reveal,more but I'm out now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
obiageIi:

By their empty head you shall no them. Posting offtopic nonsense

Another media combatant from Buhari Media Centre BMC.

Next one !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nukualofa:
sarrki shakazullu cheruv unclezuma come and join me to laugh

Where is Freeglobe and LasGidiowner my laughing companions grin grin

Cleaner.. abeg nah National Assembly?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
PassingShot:

We can talk about what the present government is doing right or not doing right but it's wicked and amounts to turning logic on its head to blame it for the current economic woes.

True, every word you said. Karma will visit everyone whom under their watch Nigeria was plunged into this condition and all those who knowingly alluded them for their selfish gains, that being said, do you think this current government is doing enough to salvage the already gloomy situation? Or are they grudgingly trying to do "what they can" for foolish Nigerians that have denied them power for so long while lining their own pockets as well....as evidenced by certain "targeted" recruitment exercises, paddings to the budget, and PDP-like benefits cum insurance the current administration now grants? (afterall no be dem crucify Jesus)

Because I think it's time wasting and retrogressive to keep trading blames instead of getting to work, even when it's obvious that the current government has many areas to work seriously on before they can be anything but. We haven't heard Trump blame Obama for anything yet, have we?

As for political profiteers who cash in every opportunity to defend the woefully failed past administration that's story for another day.
Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
slimmdree:
Brodaly ur not getting it, no one says PMB doesnt have hes fault, but what the guy is saying is if GEJ had done the needful then, we wont be in this situation right now.
... In the same measure, Gej could have blamed OBJ and OBJ in turn could have blamed the military while the military could have blamed Azikiwe, Tafawa balewa, Awolowo. Then the three nationalists could have put the blame on the colonial masters. The vicious cycle will continue and at the end of the day who bears the brunt? The masses!

One of the notoriety that will follow this govt till its final demise is INABILITY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILTY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by udees: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
This are lies that is fed into your skull and you want to live with it---if you continue to live with this lies you will even blame your father that he is the cause of your not being able to married because he should have left money for you to use for marriage---Think of what you can do,Think of good policies--are your policies good enough to move the country forward....what were the Good policies that the past administration were implementing or were not implemented that are good that can help move the economy up--dont be ashame to tell people the good side of another person--if you continue blaming your brother for 8 years when you have all in your hand to make a difference--i tell you,you never make any progress--Blaming keeps you in one position--Your mind is that the more you blame the more sympathy you have--but i assure you of one thing--people will get tire of sympathizing with you very soon.
Jesusloveyou:
did bush stole more than 30tr within 5yrs? Did obama pay debt owed during bush regime, did bush owe contractors? Did obama pay fuel and fertilizer subsidy? Did bush leave unpaid abandon project?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari by StOla: 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
Dieumerci1:
Ok, let the president show us that he truly hates anything corruption by desisiting from shielding the alleged corrupt persons in his cabinet. We shouldn't be comparing the president with the last administration. Let there be a wide margin of CHANGE for us to move forward.

Indeed, I concur.

I would always find it hard to blame the present administration for our current economic reality.
However, I do blame them for the social consciousness that has hardly changed. You do not need funds to change such things, all you need is the political will.

The police is still corrupt.
The military is still overbearing in a civil democratic society.
The civil service is still corrupt.
The health and education sectors are still awash with a disenchanted labour force that have no regard for their jobs and the customer.
Public executions of accused robbers and accident causing drivers are still tolerated without any concern by the government. Not even the minister of information, talkless the presidency has saw need to make a categorical statement on the matter.
The life of a Nigerian can be taken at will by whomever extrajudicially, yet no condemnation from the right corridor of power.

No policy is even being planned to address these issues.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Saraki At The Grand Durbar In Ilorin / Indigenes Are Inviting Herdsmen From Niger – Benue Governor, Hyacinth Alia / Clark Apologizes For Past Comments & Calls For National Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.