Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? (5361 Views)

More Pictures From PDP Southwest Mega Rally in Osun State / We’ll Shock The Southwest When The Time Comes – Arewa Youths / Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by disumusa: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
MyGeneration:

Cowardice in the blood, i am not pro seccessionist, neither do i support seccession.
But d Genbuhari has boasted that southwest can tk Nigeria on an all out war, Mr you nd the entire descendants of oduduwa wud be exponentially foolish if they dont proove their boast grin.
Lets know if odudwa is really a coward as we hv been made to believe
rejected tribe called Igbo Yoruba's are not interested in any of your doing either good nor bad because it is difficult to identify slaves OSU ,wawa ,ofu almost 40pc of iboo

2 Likes

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by midolstudent(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Useless thread..... Confused OP
babyrudeen my Yoruba Muslim brother d comments wey I read for dis thread really enter my spine no b small
Abeg Join me and cry...
which kain everyday embarrassment b dis naw?

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by MyGeneration(m): 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
Sm jobless cowards are trying to tempt me into starting an e war they know they can never win.
I ve passed ur level.
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
Any foreigner reading Nairalanders' comments might actually believe there's a real cold war between the Igbos and the Yorubas. But nothing can be further from the truth. In everyday life both groups deal with each other with respect and decorum. Blimey they even toast and marry each other!
Why on earth then are you at each others' throat online thou web-warriors?

Now to the main issue, I personally think every group of human beings reserves the right to self-determination. And to stand against that inalienable right is a crime in itself. We have seen this demonstrated with Brexit and with Scotland-UK situation. The main difference between us and them is mostly about the manner of approach. The approach by Biafra was wrong from the start. You don't enlist force and threat in negotiation, when you do so you bring the worst out of your negotiating partner (i.e. Nigeria).

Consider the approach employed in Britain. Without a single-shot fired, without anyone threatened the fate of Scotland was decided. Shops didn't even have to close in fear of breakout violence. Biafra then, Biafra now did not get it right. Before you pick up arms to fight your way through you'd better be certain you have the better firepower.

This brings me to the popular branding of Southwesterners as cowards. I disagree with that description. Otherwise we would employ the same words and worse ones to qualify the Scots, first for allowing their fate to be settled by popular vote, and secondly for allowing the outcome of such vote to determine their fate. Permanently. At least until popular opinion swings in favour of a UK exit. Toeing the path of peace and of civility is not cowardice; instead it is good sense, and it is the best form of approach.

Compare this with the agitation for Biafra: it is definitely not all Southeasterners who are in favour of a Nigeria exit. How then do you tag the Igbos who do not support an exit? Do they have right to their choice, or should we tag them cowards and sellouts just because they do not agree with us?... Until a general vote is conducted in the Southeast, the clamour for Biafra will be no more than the agitation of a few minority.

I imagine if the Southwesterners are going to be interested in a Nigeria exit, their first approach will be to allow a regional referendum, a regional vote, to settle it for them. If such vote were ever called, I am 100% certain that most Southwesterners will vote "No", mostly because breaking away would not solve the problem of marginalization. Instead it would merely rebrand the problem. Marginalization would wear a new garb, and the Ijeshas, the Ekitis, etc would want to understand why the Oyos or the Ijebus are the only ones in power...

In summary, secession would solve no problem, it would merely re-dress (as in repackage) the problem. And, a better way to breaking away is to first look inward into your region to determine how popular that clamour is. A simple regional referendum would solve this. Let the regional governors champion this: and if at the end of the day the Nigeria-exit clamour of Biafra gathers sufficient vote, no force in the country can solve them. This however does not in any way excuse the cancer that regional marginalization is. If we are one Nigeria then every region should have equal take and stake in our commonwealth.

1 Like

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by IPOB123london: 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
Any foreigner reading Nairalanders' comments might actually believe there's a real cold war between the Igbos and the Yorubas. But nothing can be further from the truth. In everyday life both groups deal with each other with respect and decorum. Blimey they even toast and marry each other!
Why on earth then are you at each others' throat online thou web-warriors?

Now to the main issue, I personally think every group of human beings reserves the right to self-determination. And to stand against that inalienable right is a crime in itself. We have seen this demonstrated with Brexit and with Scotland-UK situation. The main difference between us and them is mostly about the manner of approach. The approach by Biafra was wrong from the start. You don't enlist force and threat in negotiation, when you do so you bring the worst out of your negotiating partner (i.e. Nigeria).

Consider the approach employed in Britain. Without a single-shot fired, without anyone threatened the fate of Scotland was decided. Shops didn't even have to close in fear of breakout violence. Biafra then, Biafra now did not get it right. Before you pick up arms to fight your way through you'd better be certain you have the better firepower.

This brings me to the popular branding of Southwesterners as cowards. I disagree with that description. Otherwise we would employ the same words and worse ones to qualify the Scots, first for allowing their fate to be settled by popular vote, and secondly for allowing the outcome of such vote to determine their fate. Permanently. At least until popular opinion swings in favour of a UK exit. Toeing the path of peace and of civility is not cowardice; instead it is good sense, and it is the best form of approach.

Compare this with the agitation for Biafra: it is definitely not all Southeasterners who are in favour of a Nigeria exit. How then do you tag the Igbos who do not support an exit? Do they have right to their choice, or should we tag them cowards and sellouts just because they do not agree with us?... Until a general vote is conducted in the Southeast, the clamour for Biafra will be no more than the agitation of a few minority.

I imagine if the Southwesterners are going to be interested in a Nigeria exit, their first approach will be to allow a regional referendum, a regional vote, to settle it for them. If such vote were ever called, I am 100% certain that most Southwesterners will vote "No", mostly because breaking away would not solve the problem of marginalization. Instead it would merely rebrand the problem. Marginalization would wear a new garb, and the Ijeshas, the Ekitis, etc would want to understand why the Oyos or the Ijebus are the only ones in power...

In summary, secession would solve no problem, it would merely redress the problem. And, a better way to breaking away is to first look inward into your region to determine how popular that clamour is. A simple regional referendum would solve this. Let the regional governors champion this: and if at the end of the day the Nigeria-exit clamour of Biafra gathers sufficient vote, no force in the country can solve them. This however does not in any way excuse the cancer that regional marginalization is. If we are one Nigeria then every region should have equal take and stake in our commonwealth

really?

black african just dnt know when to stop

people of the world plz follow me to say HAHA HA
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
IPOB123london:

really?

black african just dnt know when to stop

people of the world plz follow me to say HAHA HA

Easy chairman. That's a typo. grin
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by maynation(f): 2:51am On Feb 20, 2017
midolstudent:
God forbid how can we break away?
U want hunger to kill us here in oshogbo?
Is it human skulls we will be exporting from jankara market to India?
Op talk wetin u know o

cc; maynation grin

That's true dear. We can't break away, because the flat heads and their heavily eroded lands wouldn't have anywhere else to live their parasitic lives. They will have to pass through rigorous stress and pay heavily to enter our Lagos. Plz my fellow Yoruba Muslim, let's stay with one Nigeria, we won't like to foolishly loose over 3 million souls like some ne'ver-do-well did. sad sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by ehinmowo: 4:50am On Feb 20, 2017
I think is foolish of someone to be calling another coward. I dnt jst understand how pple define bravery. Bt I think bravery is knowing wen 2 act in order to get result. It is one thing 2 form seccessionist grps and make noise across d globe, it is another thing 2 get results-and result is nt in how loud ur voice is.

In other news, D stance of d west as of now is very clear concerning d unity of d nation. If there is need for seccession by d Westerners, it wud hv been 70% achieved b4 u hear it on paper.

Finally, when you call someone a name, it will be nice 2 check urself. I blved wen d unfortunate war started, our progenitors, d likes of Adekunle and Obasanjo were on d field trashing ur progenitors' ass. While d real coward who pushed d east into war remained in a hole throughout d war speaking British acquired slangs. He finally proved his cowardice by fleeing after millions hv died. now if u dnt see dt as coward, den I think ur brains are filled with fufu.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by orisa37: 5:55am On Feb 20, 2017
You can't blame anyone for using his own hands to support his Testicles in his Privacy.
It's grasping firmly this Time ODUDUWA DYNASTIES AND HERITAGE!!!
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Eledan: 5:57am On Feb 20, 2017
MyGeneration:
Sm jobless cowards are trying to tempt me into starting an e war they know they can never win.
I ve passed ur level.

Aside the noise you've been disturbing Nigerians with on the internet, losing a couple of jobless idiots at rallies and the caging of the albino goat for over one year now, tell me one positive result you've achieved with all your bravery
If I ask you to define the two words bravery and cowardice now, shame will catch you grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by midolstudent(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2017
maynation:

That's true dear. We can't break away, because the flat heads and their heavily eroded lands wouldn't have anywhere else to live their parasitic lives. They will have to pass through rigorous stress and pay heavily to enter our Lagos. Plz my fellow Yoruba Muslim, let's stay with one Nigeria, we won't like to foolishly loose over 3 million souls like some ne'ver-do-well did. sad sad
1-0
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by maynation(f): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
midolstudent:
1-0
shame on you
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by midolstudent(m): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2017
maynation:
shame on you
I will catch u another time
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by maynation(f): 7:36am On Feb 20, 2017
midolstudent:
I will catch u another time
What more can a flat headed woman-beater do?
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Huddler: 8:08am On Feb 20, 2017
[s][/s]disumusa:
rejected tribe called Igbo Yoruba's are not interested in any of your doing either good nor bad because it is difficult to identify slaves OSU ,wawa ,ofu almost 40pc of iboo
[/s]

Isn't ''omonile'' literally means bastard in English? Yorubas are the first people in nigeria who practiced and engaged in the olden days slavery.

Areonakakanfo Afonja the legendary Yoruba coward sold his brothers and sisters to fulani expansionists. Isn't that slavery?
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by nku5: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2017
bizme:
I am sure I am not the only one thinking this: is the southwest gravitating more towards self-determinism just like the South East?

I found the recent news about the meeting of the Southwestern governors quite interesting mostly because it is uncommon for our politicians to transcend political walls in the attainment of a shared objective, however noble such objective is. What we have been used to is a wholesale castigation of ideas and policies regardless of their merit as long as they emanate from the opposing political party. If PDP were to fight corruption, for instance, APC would have considered it stupid idea and would have suggested a better way to address our commonly shared corruption problems: APC for instance might well have suggested the use of official clerics assigned to each public office to remind the occupier of the fear of God...

In short, PDP governors actually sat with APC governors and held a fruitful meeting. What exactly is going on? Should we be afraid, or should we simply sit back and watch the drama unfold, just like our fathers had done for the decades characterizing our story?

Kindly be civil.

The South West had a genuine plan for secession by the late 1990s.

The nullification of the June 12 elections and MKOs death really pissed them off. A crop of strongmen like Abraham Adesanya especially...They were forced to step it down for later because of Obasanjo's presidency.

Now SW, though ready to go anytime, just re-assemble their template for self determination whenever strong issues like an Osinbajo situation comes up. Tinubu sef no get mouth for that one

2 Likes

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by SouthEast001: 9:34am On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan:

Aside the noise you've been disturbing Nigerians with on the internet, losing a couple of jobless idiots at rallies and the caging of the albino goat for over one year now, tell me one positive result you've achieved with all your bravery
If I ask you to define the two words bravery and cowardice now, shame will catch you grin
. old man.when will you ever make sense?I know that the pains of being tagged a coward is wrecking havoc in ur life.its actually a fact that you must learn to live with.Yoruba's are cowards as seen in Diya,Awolowo,Adekunle etc.now deal with that

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Eledan: 9:36am On Feb 20, 2017
SouthEast001:
. old man.when will you ever make sense?I know that the pains of being tagged a coward is wrecking havoc in ur life.its actually a fact that you must learn to live with.Yoruba's are cowards as seen in Diya,Awolowo,Adekunle etc.now deal with that

They are cowards because a silly faceless coward like you called them so?
The only known coward in Nigeria that the world acknowledge is Ojukwu.
Now, you deal with that and stop foaming in the mouth as if you suffer epilepsy
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by SouthEast001: 9:37am On Feb 20, 2017
maynation:

What more can a flat headed woman-beater do?
. man with pvssy and d1ck.when will you ever make sense.stop posting rubbish all over the place and go and get a job.

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by maynation(f): 9:41am On Feb 20, 2017
SouthEast001:
. man with pvssy and d1ck.when will you ever make sense.stop posting rubbish all over the place and go and get a job.

Trying hard to show me what you are good at??
That pic just spoke volume.

Educated literate
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by SouthEast001: 9:42am On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan:

They are cowards because a silly faceless coward like you called them so?
The only known coward in Nigeria that the world acknowledge is Ojukwu.
Now, you deal with that and stop foaming in the mouth as if you suffer epilepsy
. Ojukwu is reckoned worldwide as a gallant soldier who fought a war against the rest of the world with a limited resources.same cannot be said with Diya the crying general,Awolowo the suicide yorubastard king and Adekunle the child killer

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by SouthEast001: 9:46am On Feb 20, 2017
maynation:

Trying hard to show me what you are good at??
That pic just spoke volume.

Educated literate
. Nop.I posted that picx to show you the bloody nose am going to give you on this thread if you try anything silly.nonsense

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by maynation(f): 9:48am On Feb 20, 2017
SouthEast001:
. Nop.I posted that picx to show you the bloody nose am going to give you on this thread if you try anything silly.nonsense

Lol. Your sense seems to have failed you. Watch your back, fulanis are taking over your lands and wives. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by MyGeneration(m): 9:49am On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan:

You are a mumu... i dont have ur time.
But i ve marked the name very soon we shall have our day. Till then flex.
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Eledan: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2017
SouthEast001:
. Ojukwu is reckoned worldwide as a gallant soldier who fought a war against the rest of the world with a limited resources.same cannot be said with Diya the crying general,Awolowo the suicide yorubastard king and Adekunle the child killer

You think like a retardd. no offence.
Who in the world see ojukwu in such light but ibos, the world is not just ibos alone.
It has been documented that ojukwu ran away when he was about to be caught like a chicken, thus avoiding the fate he subjected others too. He killed many people and when it was his turn to get captured or killed, he ran away like a true coward. grin
Ojuku is the greatest coward the world have seen.
Shame on ojukwu, like Gowon rightly said.
The greatest ibo man that ever lived is the world greatest coward grin

2 Likes

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Eledan: 9:51am On Feb 20, 2017
MyGeneration:

You are a mumu... i dont have ur time.
But i ve marked the name very soon we shall have our day. Till then flex.

All your family members are mumu grin
I know when the heat fires your ass, you will run like Ojuku grin
Biafran coward grin
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by MyGeneration(m): 9:55am On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan:

All your family members are mumu grin
I know when the heat fires your ass, you eill run like Ojuku grin
Biafran coward grin
If all my family members are mumu ur entire generation are already mumu.
Its better to run like a coward oJukwu dan to drink rat poison at d nearest sound of gun shot like d father of all cowards awolowo grin.
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by maynation(f): 9:58am On Feb 20, 2017
SouthEast001:
Lolzzz..
Which of the Ojukwus?? The one that was hiding in his bunker why your confused great grand fathers were fighting for no just reason?? The one that fled to Ivory Coast?? Obviously the word 'coward' has another meaning in the region of the eroded land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Eledan: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2017
MyGeneration:

If all my family members are mumu ur entire generation are already mumu.
Its better to run like a coward oJukwu dan to drink rat poison at d nearest sound of gun shot like d father of all cowards awolowo grin.

Thank you for admitting the fact that you are from a lineage where mumu run in the gene. grin
Iboz made up the story of rat poison just to feel good that they have one against the man that made their fathers chewed on grass like cows and fed on lizards.
Ojukwu cowardice on the other hand is well documented in libraries all over the world.
Go and listen to how Gowon described Ojuku, you will cry grin
Shameless people grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by MyGeneration(m): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan for ur info the day Awolowo drank rat poison i was with him. The moment we heard d gun shots i ran and picked my pistol and so did awo, but i was surprised dat as all of us were advancing forward he was advancing towards one rat poison, to me i was like wat is dz guy going to do with rat poison, b4 we knew as we heard kpa kpa, he dived towards it and drank d entire cup. Awolowo is cursed, how would such a man be so cowardly, b4 he died he even told me dat i shud ensure his house has regular supply of rat poison incase any of his descendants want to be A HERO like him too grin
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by Eledan: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2017
MyGeneration:
Eledan for ur info the day Awolowo drank rat poison i was with him. The moment we heard d gun shots i ran and picked my pistol and so did awo, but i was surprised dat as all of us were advancing forward he was advancing towards one rat poison, to me i was like wat is dz guy going to do with rat poison, b4 we knew as we heard kpa kpa, he dived towards it and drank d entire cup. Awolowo is cursed, how would such a man be so cowardly, b4 he died he even told me dat i shud ensure his house has regular supply of rat poison incase any of his descendants want to be A HERO like him too grin

Awolowo killed your grandfather and grand mother
So i can understand your anger grin
There are other awolowo that will still kill others like you when its time
Re: Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? by MyGeneration(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan:

Thank you for admitting the fact that you are from a lineage where mumu run in the gene. grin
Iboz made up the story of rat poison just to feel good that they have one against the man thst made their fathers chewed on grass lik cows and fed on lizards.
Ojukwu cowardice on the other hand is well documented in libraries all over the world.
Go and listen to how Gowon described Ojuku, you will cry grin
Shameless people grin
I dont need to listen to anybody describe Awolowo cause i was there, i even went to his burial and i spat at his grave, once a coward always a coward.
But only mumus that have been cursed with cowardice went ahead to immortalize him, telling the world dat they are cowards and rat poison is their logo. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Gov El-rufai Want To Return To PDP To Run For President In 2023 Man Al / Fulani Herdsmen Strike In Ogun, Force Passenger To Swallow Bullets At Ijebu (VID / We'll treat miyetti Allah bandits in the language they'll understnd- Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.