Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu (2099 Views)

Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group / Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu / Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by peteregwu(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, on Monday, took a swipe at the All Progressives Congress administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari, saying the economy has suffered more crisis under the new government.

Ekweremadu said this at the Peoples Democratic Party’snational stakeholders’ meeting held at the Ekiti State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, on Monday. The Deputy Senate President, while decrying the worsening
economic conditions of the country, alleged that “all APC promises had been kept in the reverse order.”
He was quoted by his Special Adviser on Media, Mr Uche Anichukwu, as saying, “They told us that one US dollar
would be one naira when they take over. Has that happened?

Today, our currency is the worst currency in the whole of Africa. Is that the type of democracy we looked forward to? I can see a situation where the price of oil is going up and the
value of naira is going down. What type of economics is that?”

Ekweremadu, however, enjoined PDP faithful to remain strong as the party would “work with Nigerians to restore
true democracy and hope to our people.” He said, “I believe that with determination and sticking together, we will triumph and Nigeria will be better for it.”

The Deputy Senate President also condemned what he described as the manipulation of vital institutions of
democracy and radical decline of democratic freedoms in
Nigeria.
He also said the solidarity of all key organs of the PDP for the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker
Committee, despite the recent judgment of the Court of Appeal on the party’s leadership tussle, showed that “it is not the hood that makes the monk.”

Ekweremadu, while condemning the sealing of the International Conference Centre, Abuja, the earlier announced venue of the meeting, by the security agencies, said that “such flagrant manipulation of critical institutions of
democracy is not only dangerous,
but bad news for the nation’s democracy.”

He said, “We are aware that all the institutions of democracy are being manipulated and harassed in this country. The National Assembly and the press are not left out. The Independent National Electoral Commission has been
captured and now a part of the APC. Our judiciary is being insulted and assaulted every day. Their houses are being attacked very late at night and the judges are being harassed.

“So, we are not surprised at what we are seeing today (sealing of meeting venue)? But what remains is for us to
remain resolute.”
The Deputy Senate President expressed his displeasure at
what he described as the rising political persecution in the country. He said, “If you look around this room, you will see a lot of people who are being harassed, persecuted and taken to court. What is their offence? They claim they allegedly
received stolen property, yet, nobody has been arraigned for the actual stealing. As a lawyer, I know that if you are being arraigned for receiving stolen property, you must first of all arraign the man who stole the property. That is not so in our own case. Is that democracy?”

Ekwememadu urged party members to remain resolute and protect the soul of the PDP and the nation’s democracy,
insisting that the party leaders were made by the party faithful and could never be imposed from the outside.
He said, “We have heard there was a judgment in Port Harcourt. Now, those who benefitted from the judgment,
where are they? Are they with our former ministers? Are they with our National Assembly members? Are they with our governors? Which organ of the party are they with or is with them? The truth is that it is not the hood that makes the monk.”

Punch news online

1 Like

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Na true

15 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Nukualofa: 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ekweremadu kindly preach it on the rooftop

10 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by abouzaid: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
the same ekweremmadu that they have been telling us that he must cross to apc or loose out? nobody wants to be associated with apc o.by 2019, it would be all man for himself.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Come 2019, its either they give us PDP or no N*****a

13 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by allfriends(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Buhari .. Enemy of naira

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by iykofias(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
So true, couldn't agree more

8 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by HisSexcellency(m): 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
Could remember when I used to exchange $100 for #18,000 in this country.

9 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by sarrki(m): 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ekweremadu shut up

Have you not been there

What regulations have you guys done to ease the situation of things

Talk is cheap

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by babyfaceafrica: 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
Okay....are you not part of his administration.. Yeye

2 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by sarrki(m): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:

Which of the faction, grin
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by peteregwu(m): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by peteregwu(m): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:

Mr man e be like say na true you talk o. I don tire for apc incompetence in all ramifications

5 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by lukecent: 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Tell them, distinguish Senator Ike Oha

7 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by abouzaid: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
HisSexcellency:
$1 to #143 is still feeling like yesterday. nowadays, i can't even buy a laptop whereas the price of laptop is falling on the global market. please i want a fresh start in biafra.

16 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by abouzaid: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:
Ekweremadu shut up
Have you not been there
Talk is cheap
Guy, you seriously need to improve your english.

18 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by tolexy007(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:
Ekweremadu shut up

Have you not been there

Talk is cheap

is it Ekweremadu that promise you $1 will b 1Naira?

23 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by tanteta(m): 8:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ekwerenmadu I know.....

7 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by sarrki(m): 8:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
abouzaid:
Guy, you seriously need to improve your english.

Tell that lier to keep shut
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Agbaletu: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:
Ekweremadu shut up
Have you not been there
Talk is cheap
Ogbeni Sarrki, did Sen. Ekweremadu lie?

11 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Chuksonyeike: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Buhari has been the worst enemy of the naira

15 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by sarrki(m): 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Agbaletu:

Ogbeni Sarrki, did Sen. Ekweremadu lie?

Why are the youth gullible

Is he not part of the system?

Let them make laws that will male life better for the common man on the street

Not coming online to say such

Once again I asked him to shut up

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Ngokafor(f): 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
...Mr Ekweremmadu you are spot on...The apc/zombie supporters do not know who to blame again...They are torn between blaming crude-oil prices,Niger-Delta militants,Jonathan,Andrew Yakubu the thief,our love for importation e.t.c..They are terribly confused right now.

..They will soon blame you for the depreciation of the Naira,leaving out the clueless president and incompetent cabinet members including Kemi Adeosun.

14 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Divinerace(m): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
see finishing

9 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by onatisi(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
By the end of This year the naira will be so worthless,the government will have to make plans to change it. I have it that buhari has created more problems that he met,it will take Nigeria another 10 years to come out of this buhari economic mesa

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Agbaletu: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:

Why are the youth gullible

Is he not part of the system?

Let them make laws that will male life better for the common man on the street

Not coming online to say such

Once again I asked him to shut up
Sarrki, answer that question.
As per the first sentence...I am sure omo Odua ni e, ki se gbogbo awon to wa ni ibi yii lo le pe ni odo. Jeko ye e. It is a harmless question.

1 Like

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by EternalTruths: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Buhari is cursed angry

7 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Ngokafor(f): 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
HisSexcellency:

...In 2011/12,i remember exchanging $1 for #15,600 and thereabout in Wuse Zone 4,Abuja
...This depreciation is like film to me honestly,i only gets jolted back to reality whenever i go out to make some purchases.

3 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Agbaletu: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

...In 2011/12,i remember exchanging $1 for #15,600 ...This depreciation is like film to me honestly,i only gets jolted back to reality whenever i go out to make some purchases.
I sokd some today and i almost weep for my country and one hopeless boy is jumping from one thread to the other shouting APC. I should be happy with the current exchange rate but this is my country i have to be sad.

6 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Ngokafor(f): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Agbaletu:

I sokd some today and i almost weep for my country and one hopeless boy is jumping from one thread to the other shouting APC. I should be happy with the current exchange rate but this is my country i have to be sad.

...How much did you sell??...i hope you dont mind my asking?

1 Like

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Agbaletu: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

...How much did you sell??...i hope you dont mind my asking?
N510 for a dollar at zone 4, Wuse Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Ngokafor(f): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Agbaletu:

N510 for a dollar at zone 4, Wuse Abuja.

...And i bought at #516 here in Port Harcourt,by Presidential Hotel three days ago!! cry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Struggle: A Delusion Or Reality, Pictures / Militants Give Northerners October 1 To Quit Niger Delta / The Days Of Kanu Emperor In The East Is Counted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.