Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) (52242 Views)

See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) / Reverend Father Carrying Gun In Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Prosper123: 11:15am On Feb 22, 2017
blankees:

Wow, interesting statistics u have here sir. I believe u know the portion of the Bible that says "Judge not and you will not be judged". Since you do not have a large sinful number continue to pray for us that are sinful.
everytime you say the truth people say don't judge. that's why things keep happening the way they do. the Bible says a spiritual man judges all things. Jesus spoke the truth no matter the ears listening. they also said that he was judging them
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Umennajiego(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2017
Daniel058:
I go Change church soon, so help me God.

God of W F KUMUYI, I need you for a divine change, for miracle....!

God of
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by miraclea: 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
The priest you referred to is a military man in conflict zone he is expected to be with the gun even when sleeping howbeit the bible doesnt support a priest dancing with a masquerade the priest have his lineage in God Abraham and Jesus while masquerade have his origin from the ancestors
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by MrGerald(m): 12:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
tyokunbo:
Source:http://towncrieronline.net/2017/02/21/reverend-father-dances-with-masquerade-during-st-pauls-feast-in-anambra/

Ordinarily, masquerades are not associated with Christianity, because they come from two different traditions. However, they sometimes meet, as happened in St Paul's Catholic Seminary, Ukpo, Anambra State sometimes ago, causing consternation among some. A Facebook user was perplexed about this phenomenon, and he reacted angrily. He writes,

"This is happening now at ukpor Nnewi they call it St Paul feast..... A Rev father following masquerade choooooiiiii aru emmeee. Please Guys is this right or wrong I know that some blind folks here will start defending them."
You just brought an old expired news here out of hatred, as if you're better, your type do worst behind closed doors
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by tishbite41(m): 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
purge yourself of mental slavery
mental slavery ke. I'm just true to my religion. You can't serve two masters.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by blankees(m): 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
So u say the truth by calling others sinners? My friend, Jesus is God who sees and knows our inner thoughts. So he always speaks the truth. If you don't see my thoughts, why should you judge me? You picked on a whole congregation and say they have many sinners among them and you think because you are more spiritual than them you are saying the truth. Itz all right. God is the ultimate judge.

Prosper123:
everytime you say the truth people say don't judge. that's why things keep happening the way they do. the Bible says a spiritual man judges all things. Jesus spoke the truth no matter the ears listening. they also said that he was judging them
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Prosper123: 7:55am On Feb 23, 2017
blankees:

So u say the truth by calling others sinners? My friend, Jesus is God who sees and knows our inner thoughts. So he always speaks the truth. If you don't see my thoughts, why should you judge me? You picked on a whole congregation and say they have many sinners among them and you think because you are more spiritual than them you are saying the truth. Itz all right. God is the ultimate judge.

just for instance, the people that occupy the front seats are knights. Majorly occultic men. Pray for God to show you what I am saying. if he shows you,then you will know. for now you walk by sentiment. Have you gone to their meetings. How can God touch men that want to know him where the people in front are devilish. I know what I am telling you. Ask God deep questions and he will start answering you gradually, not from any man.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by gemale(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2017
slurryeye:
I love this

I will tell you all why I love this. Apart from the fact that this shows huge religion tolerance between the priest and the traditionalists (trust me, we need religion tolerance in Nigeria and Africa as a whole), it also show identification with indigenous religion.
Why is identification with indigenous religion important for us in Africa? It is important in order to emancipate ourselves from mental and spiritual slavery. Until we emancipate ourselves from these slavery, we will continue to remain backward among all races.

Hear me out.
An arab man believes that an Arab looking man called Mohammad was a prophet from their supreme God
A caucasian man believes that a man called Jesus is the only son of God. Though he was born in middle east, they have altered things, and they have shown us that he had blonde hair and blue eyes (caucasian looking)
A chinese man believes that a chinese looking man called buddha is their God
A jewish man believes that jewish looking men like David, moses etc. were prophets from their supreme God
An indian man believes in indian looking being such as Vishnu, Devi, Shiva etc. as their deities

But we Africans continue fighting and killing ourselves over which is more genuine between a caucasian religion and an arabic religion. Meanwhile, we have tagged deities and gods looking like us as evil and doomed

What does this implies? Owing that we are mostly Christians and Muslims in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, what this implies is that we have mentally and spiritually believe we are inferior to the arabs and caucasians since the messenger of God and son of God we believe in are Arab and Caucasian looking respectively.

Do I imply we should leave Christianity and Islam? I'm not saying so, all what I'm saying is that we shouldn't condemn our traditions and indigenous religions, instead, we should find a way to eliminate awkward and barbaric believes in our indigenous traditions/religions, we should have more tolerance for others belief and religion, and we should believe more in our black skin and black abilities. Until we do these, we will continue to remain backward because we have serious identity crisis
FYI Buddha was an Indian nt Chinese.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by gemale(m): 11:49am On Feb 23, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
grin
Being a priest is really tough and makes them mostly confused,

They JOIN the seminary due to parental influence when THE flesh hasn't been conquered and end up being regular men wearing cassocks...

They become habitual drinkers due to constant consumption of the communion wine,
get turned on/aroused listening to sexual confessions,

They are expected to be celibate, but they end up molesting male mass servers and married women
because
the profession forces them to be who they really aren't.

Body no be fire wood....ask Bisola. undecided

Just the other day, we saw one preaching with an automatic rifle.

So Mr holier than thou, Mr Catholic priests r evil, answer ds questions, D pastor dt claims he has a call & went on a crash course of a few months in 1 so called bible skul is better abi? U r comparing som1 who studied & was trained intensely 4 over 9 yrs 2 som1 who woke up 1 day & said he heard a voice telling him 2 set up a church? SMH. D fact dt dere r a few bad eggs doesn't gv u d ryt 2 badmouth all priests. D fact dt some joined seminary because dey were forced doesn't mean all of dem did dt. B4 joining d priesthood, 1 is asked several tyms if 1 is doing it of 1s freewill & if u answer dishonestly because u wnt 2 b a priest, then on d person's head b d repercussions. Priesthood isn't by force because d requirements r very strict. 1 is expected 2 think, pray & meditate b4 taking dt decision. D same way it's possible 4 som1 2 be a pastor or GO & still hv some bad characters is d same way dt a priest can also go thru formation & still misbehave later. It's only dt d seminary tries 2 train dem in a way 2 separate d chaff 4rm d wheat. Somtyms a few chaff might escape d process & join d wheat. Man judges by appearance bt only God knows d full content of a man's heart. All those allegations u tendered are all malicious & lack substance. U r obviously som1 who hates Catholics 4 no just reason. D wine used @ mass is usually diluted wt water & it's only 1 cup so any priest who consumes such can't get drunk. If u studied d bible, u wld know dt Jesus drank wine & used it as a symbol of his blood during d last supper instructing his disciples 2 "do ds in memory of me". As 4 ur claim dt it's impossible 2 b celibate & stay away 4rm $ex all d days of 1s lyf, dt shows hw weak u r in d knowledge of Scripture. Didn't Jesus do it? Didn't Paul do it? It's a question of sacrifice & maximum cooperation wt d grace of God 2 bring d yearnings of D flesh under subjugation. If u can't hold body, simply dnt become a priest. Go & get married. It doesn't mean u wldnt make heaven or u r less in God's sight than a priest. It just means dt d priest has decided 2 sacrifice his sexuality 2 God.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by gemale(m): 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
nery4u:

Both are evil and Easter celebration as well.
So is d day u go 2 church. Sunday was originally set aside 4 d worship of D Egyptian sun god named ra.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by slurryeye: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
gemale:

FYI Buddha was an Indian nt Chinese.

Thanks for your input, I'm aware. As a matter of fact, Buddha was born in present day Nepal and died in India. The religion Buddhism was made popular in present day India and spread to other region in southeast asia. However, at a later time, Hinduism replaced Buddhism as religion of choice among Indians. But Buddhism has gained so much popularity among other regions like Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese etc. that it has become religion of choice in there.
Now this is where it gets interesting, in line with my explanation that it is important to identify with one's own, the chinese Buddhists identify a fat chinese looking Buddha as the face of their religion. This fat Buddha also known as laughing Buddha, Budai or Hotei is arguably the most recognizable Buddha face in the world today, even more recognizable than the founding Buddha Gautama. Though the chinese can't change history and claim Buddha comes from their region, however, they could make the image of their religion look exactly like them.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by gemale(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
mancheeutd:

You have said it all currently serving in a Catholic sch in owerri if I tell you what the rev. Father dey do u will say am exaggerating...The most annoying part is that the seminarians will tell you that he's closer to God than anybody and that only God can judge him
Oga if u feel dt priest is misbehaving, go & report him 2 D bishop of owerri diocese instead of cowering in anonymity behind d cover of nairaland.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by gemale(m): 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Prosper123:

it does not make it right even if they study theology for 20 years. After all, the majority of them are gays. even the Pope visits mosques, Dalai Lama. As if he propagates peace. Which peace with someone that does not believe in Christ. that is why the number of people that are going to church yet sinful are more in catholic than any church.
Dude u r really ignorant. U lack knowledge & u r astonishingly narrow-minded & bigoted. What concrete evidence can u tender 2 support ur claim dt majority of Catholics r gay? D fact dt u hv freedom of speech doesn't mean ur mouth shld run unchecked lyk d anus of a cholera patient. As 4 d pope visiting mosques & d dalai lama, dt is him being a true Christian after all didn't Jesus eat, drink & go in2 d house of sinners? U sound more lyk d hypocritical scribes & pharisees who saw demselves as more righteous dan odas. If u read d bible u profess 2 blv in well, u wldnt ask wt peace a Christian shld hv wt a non-Christian. Wasn't it written in 1 of St Paul's epistles dt we (as Christians) shld strive 2 live @ peace wt ALL men? As 4 ur last accusation, r u nw God dt knows who is sinful or nt? Did God delegate his judgment duties 2 u? So u know who's sinful or nt in all d denominations of Christianity? So u think dt by acting holy & nt wearing trouser or makeup, 1 is saved? Stop judging by appearances because appearances r deceitful. Only God knows d deepest content of a person's heart.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by nery4u(m): 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
gemale:

So is d day u go 2 church. Sunday was originally set aside 4 d worship of D Egyptian sun god named ra.

Can you justify your point pls?
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Prosper123: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2017
gemale:

Dude u r really ignorant. U lack knowledge & u r astonishingly narrow-minded & bigoted. What concrete evidence can u tender 2 support ur claim dt majority of Catholics r gay? D fact dt u hv freedom of speech doesn't mean ur mouth shld run unchecked lyk d anus of a cholera patient. As 4 d pope visiting mosques & d dalai lama, dt is him being a true Christian after all didn't Jesus eat, drink & go in2 d house of sinners? U sound more lyk d hypocritical scribes & pharisees who saw demselves as more righteous dan odas. If u read d bible u profess 2 blv in well, u wldnt ask wt peace a Christian shld hv wt a non-Christian. Wasn't it written in 1 of St Paul's epistles dt we (as Christians) shld strive 2 live @ peace wt ALL men? As 4 ur last accusation, r u nw God dt knows who is sinful or nt? Did God delegate his judgment duties 2 u? So u know who's sinful or nt in all d denominations of Christianity? So u think dt by acting holy & nt wearing trouser or makeup, 1 is saved? Stop judging by appearances because appearances r deceitful. Only God knows d deepest content of a person's heart.
you have to read my posts very well. I didn't say the congregations are mainly gay's. I said the priests. I know you can die for catholic but you to know have start reasoning. I am not talking about trousers or stuff like that. if you see evil condemn reprove it. Some of these mushroom churches are into some things evil, if I condemn what they are doing you will say I am judging them. I can't because I belong to Catholic Church and not speak the truth. Don't think you are more catholic than others. Even in Vatican you see the issue of homosexuality in priesthood with boys and how the Pope has been apologizing on their behalf. Truth is bitter and hard. you have to pause and ask questions. I also said :
just for instance, the people that occupy the front seats are knights. Majorly occultic men. Pray for God to show you what I am saying. if he shows you,then you will know. for now you walk by sentiment. Have you gone to their meetings. How can God touch men that want to know him where the people in front are devilish. I know what I am telling you. Ask God deep questions and he will start answering you gradually, not from any man.

If we should go by your words you too are judging me because you said some rash things.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by gemale(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
Prosper123:
you have to read my posts very well. I didn't say the congregations are mainly gay's. I said the priests. I know you can die for catholic but you to know have start reasoning. I am not talking about trousers or stuff like that. if you see evil condemn reprove it. Some of these mushroom churches are into some things evil, if I condemn what they are doing you will say I am judging them. I can't because I belong to Catholic Church and not speak the truth. Don't think you are more catholic than others. Even in Vatican you see the issue of homosexuality in priesthood with boys and how the Pope has been apologizing on their behalf. Truth is bitter and hard. you have to pause and ask questions. I also said :

If we should go by your words you too are judging me because you said some rash things.
U r nt speaking d truth. U r twisting it. I'm nt saying dt deres no occurrence of sexuality perversion among priests & every priest is a saint. I'm saying dt d percentage is very little so its highly ignorant 2 generalize & condemn d entire lot because of d actions of a few bad eggs. Its obvious u hvnt even attended 1 mass in a Catholic church b4 because ur rant abt Knights sitting in front of church is a total lie. All d Catholic parishes I've bn 2 don't reserve seats 4 Knights & ladies. U occupy ur seat on 1st come, 1st serve basis. D only tym I've seen dem reserve front seats in any parish was 4 d elderly & handicapped. As 4 Knights being occultic, can u prove it? Or r u an occultic person dt u know ur fellow occult members? If dere r some, no doubt, dey do it under d cover of secrecy because if d church gets a wind of it, dey wld be instantly excommunicated. My uncle by marriage is a Knight of St mulumba & I hv neva seen him do anything remotely connected 2 occultism. Wt u r doing is bearing false witness & spreading rumours & aspersions when it's obvious u r bereft of facts.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Prosper123: 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
gemale:

U r nt speaking d truth. U r twisting it. I'm nt saying dt deres no occurrence of sexuality perversion among priests & every priest is a saint. I'm saying dt d percentage is very little so its highly ignorant 2 generalize & condemn d entire lot because of d actions of a few bad eggs. Its obvious u hvnt even attended 1 mass in a Catholic church b4 because ur rant abt Knights sitting in front of church is a total lie. All d Catholic parishes I've bn 2 don't reserve seats 4 Knights & ladies. U occupy ur seat on 1st come, 1st serve basis. D only tym I've seen dem reserve front seats in any parish was 4 d elderly & handicapped. As 4 Knights being occultic, can u prove it? Or r u an occultic person dt u know ur fellow occult members? If dere r some, no doubt, dey do it under d cover of secrecy because if d church gets a wind of it, dey wld be instantly excommunicated. My uncle by marriage is a Knight of St mulumba & I hv neva seen him do anything remotely connected 2 occultism. Wt u r doing is bearing false witness & spreading rumours & aspersions when it's obvious u r bereft of facts.
friend, it's obvious you don't know what is happening.Sitting in front seat is figurative,meaning running things.Again,if someone is occultic you expect them to tell you.Try to go to the secret meetings of Knights.Yet again ,you don't know me to say I have never been to catholic because I say things that we fear to say. A person born in catholic, been to seminary is well enough to know what is happening there. I said even one Priest wanted to sleep with me. The other after interview started talking nonsense.Some of them travel in mufti to places that they are not known and turn to something else. I said the majority, not all.Some have good morals. Many were pushed into becoming priests by their parents. As one that wanted to sleep with my friend confessed. I didn't say he was a priest until my friend ransacked his room. this has been the problem in Rome. Many faithfuls have been discouraged. on Sundays I don't go to any church or denomination. Please don't try to defend what you don't know. Have you been a mass servant as a young boy. if you haven't, why are you so quick to counter what you don't know. this is probably my last post on this. Just confessing many secrets. Don't expect you to believe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / Prophecy About Nigeria By Prophet Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj / Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.