Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,593 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account (30260 Views)

FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country / Nigeria Spends N8.4b To Feed Inmates On Awaiting Trial Yearly / Whistle Blower Exposes Hijacked Foodstuffs Meant For Refugees In Bauchi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 22, 2017
FG seeks court’s nod to seize cash

Telecoms firm claims money

Who owns an account in which N8.4billion has been found
This is the puzzle that detectives are battling to resolve, following the discovery of the bank account which has no signatories.

The huge deposit has been traced to a bank which is believed to have assisted the money launderers to convert the cash to dollars.

There was suspicion last night that the cash may have been wired into some foreign accounts, but the government has filed an ex parte motion to place it under temporary assets forfeiture.

A telecommunications company has gone to court, claiming ownership of the money, The Nation learnt.
A whistle-blower alerted the government to strange deposits into the ECOBANK account by some suspected government officials.
Of the many deposits, about N8.4billion was singled out for investigation in the interim.

A source involved in the investigation said: “A whistle-blower alerted the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, leading to the involvement of the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission( EFCC) in the investigation.

“The probe of the account by detectives showed that the funds were routed through the account of a telecoms giant but there was no disclosure of the signatories to the account.

“Also, the list of depositors into the account was unknown but the sequence of deposits was tracked by detectives.”

The source confirmed that an ex -parte application had been filed at the Federal High Court 11 in Lagos, presided over by Justice Abdulazeez Anka, to recover the cash under temporary forfeiture.
The matter is coming up on March 3 for hearing.
The Federal Government has hired two lawyers, Mr. John Samuel Opeyemi and Mr. Oluwafemi O. Aweda, to recover the funds.

Another source also privy to the investigation said the probe so far indicated that the cash paid into the account could be over N10billlion.

The source added: “Detectives stumbled on separate deposit of N5billion and N4billion. But investigation is at present concentrated on the recovery of N8.4billion, which was changed to dollars and probably wired into some accounts abroad.

“A telecommunications giant has approached the court to claim the ownership of the cash.
“We have been demanding for the list of signatories to this account but it is yet to be provided.

The Minister of Information, Alh. Lai Mohammed, on February 12 said the whistle-blower policy had started yielding fruits, with the recovery of US$151 million and N8billion.

The Minister said: “The looted funds, which do not include the $9.2 million in cash allegedly owned by a former Group Managing Director of the NNPC (which was also a dividend of the whistle-blower policy), were recovered from just three sources through whistle-blowers who gave actionable information to the office of the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation.

“The biggest amount of $136,676,600.51 was recovered from an account in a commercial bank, where the money was kept under an apparently fake account name, followed by
N7billion and $15million from another person and N1billion from yet another.

‘’When we told Nigerians that there was a primitive and mindless looting of the national treasury under the last administration, some people called us liars.

“Well, the whistle-blower policy is barely two months old and Nigerians have started feeling its impact, seeing how a few people squirrelled away public funds.
“It is doubtful if any economy in the world will not feel the impact of such mind-boggling looting of the treasury as was experienced in Nigeria.

‘’Yet whatever has been recovered so far, including the $9.8million by the EFCC, is just a tip of the iceberg.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/whistle-blower-exposes-n8-4b-fake-bank-account/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Jabioro: 3:44am On Feb 22, 2017
My concern is this, the bank officer are the main accomplice.. how can an account be open without signatories,what name...

51 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by modath(f): 3:44am On Feb 22, 2017
Recession ko? Give praise to jah people, could have been depression !! sad

How this nation is still standing is a thing of marvel..m embarassed embarassed

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Nobody: 3:46am On Feb 22, 2017
mindless looting. some niggas out there deserves the tyre treatment.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by sarrki(m): 3:46am On Feb 22, 2017
When Baba said he almost ran away on seeing the decadence left by the PDP. Many think Baba was exaggerating. Buhari doesn't say what is not true in the name of exaggeration....He actually wanted to run away.

Soonest Recovery, Your Excellency.

173 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by sarrki(m): 3:48am On Feb 22, 2017
modath:

How this nation is still standing is a thing of marvel.

Sis MI

For we have 2 great men at the helm of affairs

Pmb & pyo

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Standing5(m): 3:53am On Feb 22, 2017
Nigeria af suvvard . . .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by modath(f): 3:56am On Feb 22, 2017
sarrki:
When Baba said he almost ran away on seeing the decadence left by the PDP. Many think Baba was exaggerating. Buhari doesn't say what is not true in the name of exaggeration....He actually wanted to run away...

Fate/ Circumstances / Deus ex machina has given him a convenient way out now nah..He won't though... He will see this through unless it's beyond his control
. smiley

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by ollaxworld: 3:59am On Feb 22, 2017
g
Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Yorubaangel(m): 4:06am On Feb 22, 2017
I'm not not sure if getting rid of corruption is possible in this country... seems it's in the blood

5 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by kabayomi(m): 4:20am On Feb 22, 2017
Welcome to 9ja

3 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by mykelmeezy: 4:29am On Feb 22, 2017
sarrki:
When Baba said he almost ran away on seeing the decadence left by the PDP. Many think Baba was exaggerating. Buhari doesn't say what is not true in the name of exaggeration....He actually wanted to run away.

its pdp that opened the account abi?

its pdp that is the signatory and account officer abi??

take this pillow it'll help you a lot

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by baby124: 4:29am On Feb 22, 2017
I de find whistle oooo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by dovakhiin(m): 4:29am On Feb 22, 2017
to be honest,im sometimes amazed as to how one pesin go jus move moni wey fit be amount of d federal budget,and worse of it it aint like his whole family get car,crib or living an average life,wt all d moni still e get one cousin wey de do okada or sumthn else..chai..greed isnt the way at all..

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by sarrki(m): 4:32am On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:

its pdp that opened the account abi?

its pdp that is the signatory and account officer abi??

take this pillow it'll help you a lot

The synonymous name of Pdp is Looters

I am 100 % sure is pdp

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Tocheagle(m): 4:51am On Feb 22, 2017
I must buy a new whistle

5 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Tocheagle(m): 4:52am On Feb 22, 2017
na wa
Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by sosy25: 5:21am On Feb 22, 2017
There is something I am not clear about this whistle blower policy. I also have information of looted millions of US Dollars hidden somewhere in the Andrew Yakubu format. Where exactly do I send the information to? Is it to an email address? Is it to a mobile number?

3 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by agarawu23(m): 5:21am On Feb 22, 2017
Hian

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by omenkaLives(m): 5:23am On Feb 22, 2017
modath:

How this nation is still standing is a thing of marvel.
It beats my imagination honestly! embarassed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by rusher14: 5:40am On Feb 22, 2017
sosy25:
There is something I am not clear about this whistle blower policy. I also have information of looted millions of US Dollars hidden somewhere in the Andrew Yakubu format. Where exactly do I send the information to? Is it to an email address? Is it to a mobile number?

Try to reach Sowore.

You can be sure he'll protect your identity.

From there all the trustworthy channels would be reached.

8 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by TPAND(f): 5:43am On Feb 22, 2017
$151 million where did that come from again. They must always add butter to bread to deceive their gullibians

3 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by NeedGiftcards(m): 5:44am On Feb 22, 2017
Hehehe ...boys no dey smile .. This one even legit

Meanwhile, If you have Amazon and iTunes gift cards for sale..I'm interested. Check my signature to contact me
Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by modath(f): 5:57am On Feb 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
It beats my imagination honestly! embarassed

Everyone was in sync, Telco, CBN, Military, NNPC... classic example of economic no lubrication gang molestation!!! cry cry cry cry

6 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by ehinmowo: 6:11am On Feb 22, 2017
I nid 2 hammer through whistle blowing jst waiting to see d simcerity of govt on d policy

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Zico5(m): 6:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by GMBuhari: 6:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Whistle blowing is looking more profitable than Yahoo 2.5% of 8B na millions o

Who owns the 8.4B ? Profit from rice importation or what excuse will wailers come up with?

4 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Pavore9: 6:21am On Feb 22, 2017
E be like say na to enter whistle blowing runs sure pass! grin

5 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 22, 2017
good.
Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Bitterleafsoup: 6:24am On Feb 22, 2017
sarrki:

The synonymous name of Pdp is Looters

I am 100 % sure is pdp

Re: Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account by Rilwayne001: 6:27am On Feb 22, 2017
Nevertheless, Bubu has been a pain on the neck of looters, he's done well on that. But all these money they've been recovering, what have they done or what are they doing with it?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Committee Visits Masters Energy Industrial City Abia State (Photos) / Breaking: 4 APC Reps Quit Party, Announce Their New Party / Boko Haram Suspect Arrested In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.