Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! (15679 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by metallisc(m): 12:21am On Feb 24, 2017
Sempumping:
I just did

evn you wey dey find work since??

2 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by cletz991(m): 12:21am On Feb 24, 2017
Mine was bank marketing job. I resigned after 3months. They give you unrealistic targets and they dont care of you Die in the process. Banks sucks generali

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=Sempumping post=54001706][/quote]

No p sha. If one way close. Another will open.

Sometimes it's better to stay at home and think of resourceful ideas that would bring money than slaving for a one man company.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by idee91: 12:43am On Feb 24, 2017
Standardcosting:
Yes I am thinking of resigning mine. I work in an private higher institution where I take 8 courses, I don't even have time for myself. I have barely spent three months
when you be standard costing guru, why dem no go give you 8 courses........ All the best dear. All this private orgs be slaving poor job seekers

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 24, 2017
Standardcosting:
Yes I am thinking of resigning mine. I work in an private higher institution where I take 8 courses, I don't even have time for myself. I have barely spent three months

8 courses? That sounds like 3 people's job to me

2 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by aalangel(f): 1:19am On Feb 24, 2017
Yep. Marketing in a bank...made good money for them...built a good clientele within one month... collected the salary.... gave it as first fruit on Friday night....resumed another work with a holiday firm the following week on the Island.

I actually prayed for it!!!

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Narlysilva: 1:25am On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=Nukualofa post=54001083]I was fired the first day i started work I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

The job was a Reservation and Ticketing job. Should i call him my boss buut all the same he needed a lady for the job but when i called him he thought i was a lady because I've got this voicee that you will always think its a female. When i got to his office after speaking with him on phone he was so eager to meet me until when i showed face with those Job seekers tie of the early 2000s His countenance changed and he didn't believed i was the one that spoke with him.

He reluctantly did interview for me and asked me to resume by 7:30am the next day.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start p
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by MrHighSea: 3:07am On Feb 24, 2017
Standardcosting:
Eyah. I think NUC stipulated 9 units max per lecturer. If ur takin 8 courses then how low is the staff-student ratio?
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by XaintJoel20: 3:35am On Feb 24, 2017
lilfreezy:
Mine was marketing for RenMoney, aswear e remain small make them give person tray make him go dey hawk fliers. After attending their one week training, they sent we all under the sun to go and be sharing fliers like we are organizing a crusade. After i did that for 3 weeks, i began to ask myself how i got here. I only spent a month with them.

This is hilarious...

I don laugh sotey I fall down from water leaf tree...

God Dey Sha...

2 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by horciglowri(f): 3:50am On Feb 24, 2017
Yes I av, I got a job as a supervisor but cudnt keep up wif my saucy boss nd d illitrate staffs I was suppose 2 supervise, meeehn as I got 2 wrk d 3rd day of resumption eehn afta hearin all d yeye gist early momo by 9am sharp I carry my bag move like breeze nd dat was d end of d job. Nd in 1 week I got a better job #nevasettle4less

2 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by haryomikun(m): 4:07am On Feb 24, 2017
Ginaz:
I did after a month and some weeks, though it was not employment work. I was learning a skill, fashion designing (tailoring). I could not bear up with the stress, I had to go to work 8a.m then come back 6p.m. My body wasn't used to that kind of stress and broke down to the extent I couldn't eat at all.

I was losing weight rapidly, got sick week after week. I stopped and ran away.
O boy you lazy sha. If you cum start normal work nko? Normal work is 8-10 hours.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Menzy86(m): 4:46am On Feb 24, 2017
I resigned a killer job on dec 24th last year. My people being an MTN customer care agent has to be the most useless job around. Managed to do it for 3months though. The whole thing is just a FRUSTRATING bundle of shit! And u know something about resigning? Dont ever look back.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by adakoleagbenu: 5:20am On Feb 24, 2017
pressplay411:
Ohyes.lol Marketing for a bank. I just wasn't cut out for it.
I didn't even resign officially. Looking back at it I think that was badass. grin
!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baddo
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by adakoleagbenu: 5:23am On Feb 24, 2017
Ginaz:
I did after a month and some weeks, though it was not employment work. I was learning a skill, fashion designing (tailoring). I could not bear up with the stress, I had to go to work 8a.m then come back 6p.m. My body wasn't used to that kind of stress and broke down to the extent I couldn't eat at all.

....... Na who dey healthy dey forge ahead. Chop knuckle!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by adakoleagbenu: 5:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:
I was fired the first day i started work I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

The job was a Reservation and Ticketing job. Should i call him my boss buut all the same he needed a lady for the job but when i called him he thought i was a lady because I've got this voicee that you will always think its a female. When i got to his office after speaking with him on phone he was so eager to meet me until when i showed face with those Job seekers tie of the early 2000s His countenance changed and he didn't believed i was the one that spoke with him.

He reluctantly did interview for me and asked me to resume by 7:30am the next day.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start preparing by 5am. Got up wen alarm went off by 3am then started gisting bae till 4:30. Was a little bit weak then now said lemme sleep small

For sleeping small i woke up by 7:45am. I rushed into the bathroom came out dress up, prayed for world clock to stand still for me but God was attending to early risers then
If you know Bucknor in 2006/08 you will know that getting bike is a challenge so i trekked out from my close to Bucknor road. Got a bike to Jakande gate and it was 8:15 then. Took another bike to Isolo cos my new office was at airport road. Got to the place by Close to 9:15.

When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

The man just loiked at me and said GET OUT FROM MY OFFICE, i tried begging the next thing he called security. I just jejely go outside take the next bus going to Toyota. Came down cross over and enter Ladipo to continue hustle with my cousin since Devil did Overtime with my destiny that day

Cc ishilove nursennenny pwettychika wiseandtrue don't laugh at me cry
Guy.... I don read this post somewhere.... E funny die
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by adakoleagbenu: 5:43am On Feb 24, 2017
Let's push this to FP plzzzz......... Lalasticlala
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by hisMrs(f): 6:31am On Feb 24, 2017
I got a job 2 months ago @ a foundation, I applied for the position of a teacher and I got employed as donor manager. My boss did not tell me it was a marketing job. After 3 weeks of working he paid me abt 53% of my salary saying I worked for 3. Like say that one no bad. In mu second month he made business cards and asked me to visit @ least 10 companies per week and start making friends with their head of corporate social responsiblity so as to seek for funds o. Na so I turn corporate begged, they find money for mu foundation. Sincerely am tired of d job but I can't sit at home. Transportation from my house to work is 50% o my salary. Now my boss wants me to go to warri next month, no travel allowance no warri. I hope to resign soon

4 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by combatant2015: 6:50am On Feb 24, 2017
If interested in learning computer networking on site, call me:08182484514

Trunking
Cabling
Patch panels
Server rack installation
Crimpling
Making network faceplate
E.t.c

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by jimb(m): 6:54am On Feb 24, 2017
Singapore1:
Who would dare do that in this period
Na hunger go finish You..
You go quickly go back and tell them your brain was hacked.. You'll be like "that was not the real me o boss"

u never frustrate in marketing insurance policies, 3 hrs sef is enough to throw all there flyers in the trash after a course be laid on you.

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by jimb(m): 6:57am On Feb 24, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
yes a marketing job after moving around for one month dem no pay me na so I waka oooo based on panasharp
my own na 2 days no sales, I carry my kaya waka o
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by calabaman(m): 7:01am On Feb 24, 2017
I remember the offer I received from FCMB as a DSA.

After a rigorous interview and test session

I stood up and took a walk soon as I heard the ridiculous amount offered.
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Folksyharry(m): 7:08am On Feb 24, 2017
Standardcosting:

That's so much work. Why did you agree to it in the first place? I suggest you should discuss the workload with the management to see if it will be reduced before thinking of resignation.
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by basty: 7:17am On Feb 24, 2017
I once resigned from a popular Bank in Tinubu street a month after resumption.
The pay was good but the working environment was bad. That month was a Hell for me and the darkest part of my life. There was no structure in the place. It was like a one man business. My colleagues then were so hostile as my job functions clashed with a section of the organisation and I was made the head of the new section this made the former useless.
The acrimony was visible, It was so bad that I will greet some guys in the morning and they will not answer me.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Rinsola32(f): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2017
Ginaz:

Lol@ ran away grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nukualofa: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
adakoleagbenu:
Guy.... I don read this post somewhere.... E funny die
i used my alternate to post it fedayeen
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by fatai7165: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
NLchikeeto:
In this recession............ I doubt anybody will resign from their job willingly, no matter how frustrated..............

You are wrong, I resigned my first day at work before, I was able to hold d frustration till d end of that day and d next day I didn't bother resuming.
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Phunkyposh(f): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:
I was fired the first day i started work I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start preparing by 5am. Got up wen alarm went off by 3am then started gisting bae till 4:30. Was a little bit weak then now said lemme sleep small

For sleeping small i woke up by 7:45am. I rushed into the bathroom came out dress up, prayed for world clock to stand still for me but God was attending to early risers then
If you know Bucknor in 2006/08 you will know that getting bike is a challenge so i trekked out from my close to Bucknor road. Got a bike to Jakande gate and it was 8:15 then. Took another bike to Isolo cos my new office was at airport road. Got to the place by Close to 9:15.

When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

The man just loiked at me and said GET OUT FROM MY OFFICE, i tried begging the next thing he called security. I just jejely go outside take the next bus going to Toyota. Came down cross over and enter Ladipo to continue hustle with my cousin since Devil did Overtime with my destiny that day

Cc ishilove nursennenny pwettychika wiseandtrue don't laugh at me cry

kikikikikikiki..................thanks for making me laugh hard

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by DJBIGGY(m): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2017
lol this happened to me twice in a year. I applied a cafe job immediately after my nysc in 2014. the owner asked me for my resumee which I gave. nigga was impressed and made me 'cafe manager'. never knew it would go down south.

nigga told me since his cafe was new, I would meet customers and find new means of retaining them. this I did and the company was making money.

close to pay day. the fool started showing his real colour. with profit of over 40k he wasnt satisfied. was busy talking about how he would love to pay himself, his wife and brother but that amount wouldnt cover that.

what made me leave after three weeks was when he told me that he would sack me if this kind of profit continues and I should do marketing job to invite more customers.

on top of how much pay sef? told the mumu that he would see my new strategy. didnt go there afterwards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Rinsola32(f): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2017
truthsayer007:

Lazy girl tongue Just 8am to 6pm. You cannot werk !

Tailoring work no easy o. It's just like going to the gym. My kid sis started not too long and for weeks, she changed to someone else entirely . She finds It difficult to even talk once she enters. She sleeps immediately she enters and too tired to eat most night. She uses pain relief drug everyday as her legs and back aches like mad.

Some people are rugged by nature while some are fragile so I do not blame her o.

Cc Ginaz

5 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by dlex21(m): 7:29am On Feb 24, 2017
Menzy86:
I resigned a killer job on dec 24th last year. My people being an MTN customer care agent has to be the most useless job around. Managed to do it for 3months though. The whole thing is just a FRUSTRATING bundle of shit! And u know something about resigning? Dont ever look back.
Bros... No tell me say na Ison work oo... I wan die aswear... Managed to do it for a year before I resigned December last year... Best decision ever!

3 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Rinsola32(f): 7:34am On Feb 24, 2017
obinoral1179:
thanks for making me to laugh...

He made me laugh too. Very funny!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme / Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.