Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! (15666 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by legendsilver(m): 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Guys, I am about doing that now. Maybe next week

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by poshestmina(f): 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
I didn't even bother making it official ,just stopped going .worked for 2 weeks at a primary school,too much rules and insults .just 'sacked'myself

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by SlimHan(f): 11:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
COdeGenesis:
My dear just manage o. Economy is hard, when you say u not fulfilled what do u mean?
I have a plan B already. Going into business....
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by braine(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mine was two weeks. The dude I was to work with is an ass. I was better off without the job.

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nukualofa: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
I was fired the first day i started work I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

The job was a Reservation and Ticketing job. Should i call him my boss buut all the same he needed a lady for the job but when i called him he thought i was a lady because I've got this voicee that you will always think its a female. When i got to his office after speaking with him on phone he was so eager to meet me until when i showed face with those Job seekers tie of the early 2000s His countenance changed and he didn't believed i was the one that spoke with him.

He reluctantly did interview for me and asked me to resume by 7:30am the next day.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start preparing by 5am. Got up wen alarm went off by 3am then started gisting bae till 4:30. Was a little bit weak then now said lemme sleep small

For sleeping small i woke up by 7:45am. I rushed into the bathroom came out dress up, prayed for world clock to stand still for me but God was attending to early risers then
If you know Bucknor in 2006/08 you will know that getting bike is a challenge so i trekked out from my close to Bucknor road. Got a bike to Jakande gate and it was 8:15 then. Took another bike to Isolo cos my new office was at airport road. Got to the place by Close to 9:15.

When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

The man just loiked at me and said GET OUT FROM MY OFFICE, i tried begging the next thing he called security. I just jejely go outside take the next bus going to Toyota. Came down cross over and enter Ladipo to continue hustle with my cousin since Devil did Overtime with my destiny that day

Cc ishilove nursennenny pwettychika wiseandtrue don't laugh at me cry

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by COdeGenesis: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
SlimHan:
I have a plan B already. Going into business....
Oh really. Y dont u work and run D business at D same time. Use one stone to kill two beds, then when the busyness is successful u can quit and focus on ur biz
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by COdeGenesis: 11:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
poshestmina:
I didn't even bother making it official ,just stopped going .worked for 2 weeks at a primary school,too much rules and insults .just 'sacked'myself
For free. Maybe u didn't need the salary
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Dgunnerz(m): 11:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
Don't have a job yet.. grin grin grin
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Artistree: 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
NLchikeeto:
In this recession............ I doubt anybody will resign from their job willingly, no matter how frustrated..............
I too resign!!!
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by SlimHan(f): 11:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
COdeGenesis:

Oh really. Y dont u work and run D business at D same time. Use one stone to kill two beds, then when the busyness is successful u can quit and focus on ur biz
You have a point but i am tired of waiting like for ever.

Happiness is the key... if you get what i mean
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
I left after a month at a startup one man business. I realized the job wasn't meant for me. The boss seemed not to have a realistic portfolio, plus I felt the startup venture and business model wouldn't be profitable on the long run. I be HR, Facilities Manager, Accounts, P.A, Admin. My boss heaped insults on me calling me a dumb blonde, that I'm not up to his level, etc. I sent the buffoon a resignation letter via email. I hope he found his Isaac Newton as replacement.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by poshestmina(f): 11:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
COdeGenesis:

For free. Maybe u didn't need the salary
The salary was not worth the stress .imagine teaching in a class and the headmistress comes in every 10 minutes to check on you like you're capable to teach/take care of the kids...was actually working to pass time 4 call up letter.

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by obinoral1179(m): 11:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nukualofa:
I was fired the first day i started work I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

The job was a Reservation and Ticketing job. Should i call him my boss buut all the same he needed a lady for the job but when i called him he thought i was a lady because I've got this voicee that you will always think its a female. When i got to his office after speaking with him on phone he was so eager to meet me until when i showed face with those Job seekers tie of the early 2000s His countenance changed and he didn't believed i was the one that spoke with him.

He reluctantly did interview for me and asked me to resume by 7:30am the next day.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start preparing by 5am. Got up wen alarm went off by 3am then started gisting bae till 4:30. Was a little bit weak then now said lemme sleep small

For sleeping small i woke up by 7:45am. I rushed into the bathroom came out dress up, prayed for world clock to stand still for me but God was attending to early risers then
If you know Bucknor in 2006/08 you will know that getting bike is a challenge so i trekked out from my close to Bucknor road. Got a bike to Jakande gate and it was 8:15 then. Took another bike to Isolo cos my new office was at airport road. Got to the place by Close to 9:15.

When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

The man just loiked at me and said GET OUT FROM MY OFFICE, i tried begging the next thing he called security. I just jejely go outside take the next bus going to Toyota. Came down cross over and enter Ladipo to continue hustle with my cousin since Devil did Overtime with my destiny that day
thanks for making me to laugh...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by stubbornman(m): 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nna one marketing work wey dey sell electronic gadget nearly kill me with target and still would not pay me and will insult me too....I was beginning to look like a mad man......one month later I got angry went to the useless company told them someone, a big customer needed some electronic gadgets they stupidly gave me, hailing me "Strong boy ,Strong boy" My niggers went to stop cab nah so we load the gadgets and that was how we settled ourselves!!! them call tire.....threaten tire....swear tire!!!

Heard an employee sued them over unpaid salaries for months

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by obinoral1179(m): 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
If I had my way I would resign the job I just got this january but recession noo gree me.... Half puff is better than nothing at all....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by call4shola(m): 11:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nukualofa:

[color=#006600]When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

grin grin grin grin grin D grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Bro. this got me laughing really hard. abeg no kill me mehn, I resigned a job after 6 months, that guy was a pain in the bum, I just had to shock him, I was happy cos he never saw it coming. Got a Government job some months later. its all history now.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by idu1(m): 11:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Standardcosting:
Yes I am thinking of resigning mine. I work in an private higher institution where I take 8 courses, I don't even have time for myself. I have barely spent three months
8 course? That's much.

And they will still not pay well.. .
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by alezzy13: 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
repping for one yeye company. totally unrealistic target, and my pay is tied to it!!

Slammed the door on their face just after about 2 weeks. cool

4 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by hadura29(m): 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Had an argument with my boss a day before my court registry after working for about 15 months ooo.. All because I asked him to give break down for the wages he sent me.. Next thing he started telling me things that I have done since last year etc.. Insulted my life. I just smile look up look down.. Just smile.. God na you biko... I am happy he used me to achieve his goals. he didn't tell me he sacked me and I didn't tell him I am done.. We never call ourselve ni.. But I am done... He is an example of nigerian using nigerians as slaves. I have learnt my lessons and I have moved on..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=truthsayer007 post=54000546]

Awww that's sad to hear. What happened really... Were you giving unrealistic targets? [/quote

Thanks dear ...
Increased responsibility ,same salary cry ,too much pressure ,very high expectation ,the company wanted me to start performing magic embarassed
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Adesiji77: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=Sempumping post=54001706][/quote]

What was the nature of the job? Sales/Marketing? Which industry/sector?
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nukualofa: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
obinoral1179:
thanks for making me to laugh...
You welcome
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
Adesiji77:

What was the nature of the job? Sales/Marketing? Which industry/sector?

My broda no specific "nature" ooo

I was the Head of Admin
Head of Safety
Customer care Rep
CEO's Personal Assistant
Business Developer
Marketer

Only me o cry

6 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Chidizman(m): 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nukualofa:

Chai!!! I haf died cheesy
Easily the best story I v ever seen on Nairaland. You'd make a gud comedian bro. Thumbs up
Wish I could give you an award for this. Thanks for making me laugh after a long day!

6 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
I resigned from one of thr big fours after 3months
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nukualofa: 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Chidizman:

Chai!!! I haf died cheesy
Easily the best story I v ever seen on Nairaland. You'd make a gud comedian bro. Thumbs up
Wish I could give you an award for this. Thanks for making me laugh after a long day!
All these awards you people are always sharing grin

I love being happy biko

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
stubbornman:
Nna one marketing work wey dey sell electronic gadget nearly kill me with target and still would not pay me and will insult me too....I was beginning to look like a mad man......one month later I got angry went to the useless company told them someone, a big customer needed some electronic gadgets they stupidly gave me, hailing me "Strong boy ,Strong boy" My niggers went to stop cab nah so we load the gadgets and that was how we settled ourselves!!! them call tire.....threaten tire....swear tire!!!

Heard an employer sued them over unpaid salaries for months
Lmao this guy hehehe just cant stop laughing

9 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Adesiji77: 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sempumping:

My broda no specific "nature" ooo

I was the Head of Admin
Head of Safety
Customer care Rep
CEO's Personal Assistant
Business Developer
Marketer

Only me o cry

Kilode! That was "three" much. Likely to be a one-man business.

Anyway, it was an experience. I believe that no work experience is an absolute loss.

Sometimes, they prepare you well for the next opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by gaetano: 12:02am On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:

Cc ishilove nursennenny pwettychika

Hahaha! This guy don use laugh kill me

3 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Arebay(m): 12:09am On Feb 24, 2017
I wanted to show mumcy I was responsible, so I followed her boys to serve at a party ,,as I reach party , na em I see my school people sit down for one table..omo, I change cloth join dem for the table...wetin I wan tell them,,btw na private uni o....

10 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Okpore101(m): 12:15am On Feb 24, 2017
Yes nah....

The first Ome I resigned the day I got my appointment letter... It was a bank marketing job.

The second one was a teaching job, I resigned two weeks after, reason was that they decided not pay what we bargained and all the teachers salaries were slashed by 50%... Naso I run oooo...

A month and half later, God favoured me with this job I an doing now.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by lilfreezy: 12:18am On Feb 24, 2017
Mine was marketing for RenMoney, aswear e remain small make them give person tray make him go dey hawk fliers. After attending their one week training, they sent we all under the sun to go and be sharing fliers like we are organizing a crusade. After i did that for 3 weeks, i began to ask myself how i got here. I only spent a month with them.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.