Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta (22496 Views)

Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / Navy Destroys 40 Illegal Refineries, Arrests Operators In Delta / Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Qabt(m): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2017
Jonathan...Jonathan.... grin

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Realedu: 9:06am On Feb 26, 2017
IpobExposed:
PDP people sponsoring the militant terrorist and Ipob terrorist that is how we will keep bursting u guys.
PDP=(frustrated thief's) use this rope. Nonsense.
Ipobexposed
you are just a frustrated fellow.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by itskings1: 9:06am On Feb 26, 2017
J
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:06am On Feb 26, 2017
Port Harcourt Refining Company can be categorized as a manufacturing company abi?
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by fledo(m): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2017
kwarruption every where
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 26, 2017
Blurryface:

Just look at this one.

Hope you will ask why can't government regulate and standardize armed robbery, kidnapping, assassination, smuggling, rape, stealing, burglary and every form of crime.

You guys can't stop amazing me.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by flexshop(m): 9:14am On Feb 26, 2017
Blurryface:

Just look at this one.

Hope you will ask why can't government regulate and standardize armed robbery, kidnapping, assassination, smuggling, rape, stealing, burglary and every form of crime.

You guys can't stop amazing me.

All those vices you named are not in the same pot with refining of crude. The technological ingenuity of this refiners could have been harnessed and encouraged to drive a revolution in Nigeria.

Most big corporations you know today started as small scale refining operations. Read up on standard oil which is the parent company of Exxon and chevron.

Even the us government sometimes convert criminal elements into government assets. Eg hackers

It's only in Nigeria that this destroy local content promote foreign content makes waves.

When most Chinese companies started, they were producing substandard products. The government stepped in and provided a platform for improvement. That's what I'm advocating for

This they are thieves mentality isn't good for our economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by chemali: 9:35am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:
Why can't the government regulate and standardize this so called illegal refineries? Provide cheap quota crude to registered local refiners small scale and tax them. This catch and destroy tactics is as useless as the country

The only reason they are profitable is because they get the crude oil for free illegally. Refineries are low margin businesses and thrive on volumes. Legalizing these illegal refineries is not a reasonable idea. If the illegal refiners pay market price for the crude they refine, they won't be profitable. I support the efforts to destroy all bunkering sites and chase the bunkerers away.

Also consider the cost for safe operations? This costs money and the business won't be profitable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by olusipimp(m): 9:39am On Feb 26, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

That's a lie

You couldn't arrest Tom Polo's father, na illegal refinery you go fit get liver enter
try n get some sense for once........haba
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by okwobros(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2017
As a nation we can not boost of any functional refinary, we have crude but its been refined abroad what a country.
But the same govt is busy destroying localy made ones instead of coverting them to llegal refinaries.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by olusipimp(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:
Why can't the government regulate and standardize this so called illegal refineries? Provide cheap quota crude to registered local refiners small scale and tax them. This catch and destroy tactics is as useless as the country itself.

Smh

All those vices you named are not in the same pot with refining of crude. The technological ingenuity of this refiners could have been harnessed and encouraged to drive a revolution in Nigeria.

Most big corporations you know today started as small scale refining operations. Read up on standard oil which is the parent company of Exxon and chevron.

Even the us government sometimes convert criminal elements into government assets. Eg hackers

It's only in Nigeria that this destroy local content promote foreign content makes waves.

When most Chinese companies started, they were producing substandard products. The government stepped in and provided a platform for improvement. That's what I'm advocating for

where do illegal bunkering belongs to..........borrow some sense bro
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by chemali: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:

There's no ingenuity in refining crude. It's chemistry that we were all thought in secondary school. The difference here is they waste most of the crude just to get few byproducts like diesel. The waste is now used to pollute the environment.
Let's get our mindset right.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by juman(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2017
Its possible to have small scale refineries like in some other countries.

Those guys can be useful as well.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2017
haywire1:
Hmmmm, I wonder wettin d mod wey put a closed thead on front page smoked this morning ...

#

Na kparaga terry g give am drink
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by bantudra: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2017
AshawoGirl:
Please friends I cannot go to church. Everyday if I go I feel like I have a heavy body. Or is childish.

that means you are slowly waking up...wetin concern a black person whorshiping a dead white man nailed to a piece of wood...i started like you too...since then i am progressing in life on and on...

btw..jesus was a black man..even the moslems know this...
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by flexshop(m): 9:55am On Feb 26, 2017
chemali:

The only reason they are profitable is because they get the crude oil for free illegally. Refineries are low margin businesses and thrive on volumes. Legalizing these illegal refineries is not a reasonable idea. If the illegal refiners pay market price for the crude they refine, they won't be profitable. I support the efforts to destroy all bunkering sites and chase the bunkerers away.

Also consider the cost for safe operations? This costs money and the business won't be profitable.
chemali:

There's no ingenuity in refining crude. It's chemistry that we were all thought in secondary school. The difference here is they waste most of the crude just to get few byproducts like diesel. The waste is now used to pollute the environment.
Let's get our mindset right.

I'm well versed in the chemistry of refining.
However setting up a refinery is a different ball game.

Like I said what the government can do is standardize the practice.

1. Get a data of the refiners
2. Merge them in groups to increase capability and capacity
3. Create a quota system in which a certain percentage of crude oil is sold to them at half the market price or less
4. Ensure the build refineries that are environmentally friendly
5. Invite foreign partners to educate then and enhance their technical skills
6. Have a standard for locally manufactured diesel.
7. Ensure that the business climate is conducive for them to sell the locally manufacture diesel eg 5% local diesel use law or something

There are a gazillion ways the government can think up to harness this and create entrepreneurs who might in the future drive our industrial revolution.

If only we had individuals with 1% brain capacity in government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Marotzke(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2017
haywire1:

That means, u wan people to turn the whole south south to a refinery

#
please what is wrong with that?
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 26, 2017
....I just hope this un-diplomatic move won't take dollar back to 525 or worse!
There must be better ways of addressing sensitive issues!
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by makizee(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:

3. Create a quota system in which a certain percentage of crude oil is sold to them at half the market price or less
7. Ensure that the business climate is conducive for them to sell the locally manufacture diesel eg 5% local diesel use law or something

There are a gazillion ways the government can think up to harness this and create entrepreneurs who might in the future drive our industrial revolution.

May Sense to Krinkum Krankum sir, this is what i have bn preaching for a while now, all these folks that keep condemning this guys are the folks that are confined to the box, thinking out of the box is what we need to solve our peculiar situations...govt can come in anf help these guys, creates economic activities, teach them to standardise their operations in the modular form.

But some think there is only one way to do things, the one the white man says is right.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by jokingmary(m): 10:31am On Feb 26, 2017
And yet we do not have working refineries in Nigeria.
Why not develop them??
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by dustydee: 10:34am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:

The government already has a mechanism in place for awarding refining licenses(although I will suggest that obtaining one should be made easier). If they are interested, they could have obtained one. The illegal refineries are in business simply because they get crude free. They are unable to optimise yield the way they are currently set up. Merging and inviting foreign partners is akin to setting up conventional refineries, so we are back to where we started. No point saying they should be legalised because there is a process for that already.

1 Like

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by flexshop(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2017
dustydee:

The government already has a mechanism in place for awarding refining licenses(although I will suggest that obtaining one should be made easier). If they are interested, they could have obtained one. The illegal refineries are in business simply because they get crude free. They are unable to optimise yield the way they are currently set up. Merging and inviting foreign partners is akin to setting up conventional refineries, so we are back to where we started. No point saying they should be legalised because there is a process for that already.

I agree with you. But the protocol involved in obtaining that license you talk about is out of this world. You actually have to be a dangote+otedola to get a license.
Plus I mentioned selling crude to them at below market price in my post.

Although some elements will still bunker. But it's safer for them to buy knowing their investment would be secure. In the long run, bunkering would phase off.

Like I said if the government had 1% sense, they would work out a framework to integrate illegal refiners,
Sadly, they dont
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Ikpewe: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2017
AshawoGirl:
Please friends I cannot go to church. Everyday if I go I feel like I have a heavy body. Or is childish.
my advise is for you to deactivate this particular account and register as a new member with a new username entirely different from this one.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by kabawa(m): 11:10am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:
Why can't the government regulate and standardize this so called illegal refineries? Provide cheap quota crude to registered local refiners small scale and tax them. This catch and destroy tactics is as useless as the country itself.

Smh

What you wrote up there is nothing but a long thrash
No criminal will be treated with kids glove.
You go wail tire grin
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Originalsly: 11:30am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:

Wien most Chinese companies started, they were producing substandard products. The government stepped in and provided a platform for improvement. That's what I'm advocating for
Were these Chinese companies illegal when the government stepped in and ehmmm.... provided a platform for improvement? ....and what do you think the Chinese government would do if they have refineries and find ingenious you with an illegal refinery? I'm sure the only platform you'll get from them would have a trap door and a hangman's noose directly above.

1 Like

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by yom2(m): 11:47am On Feb 26, 2017
okwobros:
As a nation we can not boost of any functional refinary, we have crude but its been refined abroad what a country.
But the same govt is busy destroying localy made ones instead of coverting them to llegal refinaries.
so because panadol is scarce we should encourage those who adulterate in their bedrooms
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by MaziOmenuko: 11:54am On Feb 26, 2017
So pathetic! Can't you do your jobs without creating an avenue for raised eye-brows? At this critical time when calmness is required in the niger-delta, you go around destroying pots and firewoods and then announcing it to the media.

Smh!
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by 2shur: 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2017
i keep telling dulards.
its not abt going to school
or geting a fucking forged charge and bail title certificate or masters ..
its abt simole common sense.
common sense no common at all.
how long wud we keep doing things in a stupid way.
why not turn the illegel refinery to the favor of the economy.
have it upgraded and then it wud favor the economy.
but till we eradicate this mentality of destroy at sight
wenwud keep on suffering.

if we see an aquatic animal..shaps na to butcher am eat am.
if we catch snake..no time...na too kill am.

cow o.
goat o.
ai sabi day some ppl go rey eat cockroach and rat sef.

if we catch armed robber...na to destroy am.shaps petrol things.
abegi.
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by MadCow1: 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
unclezuma:
Wike , behold one of the sources of your "Black Soot"...

grin

Still holding shot down I see.. cool
Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
MadCow1:

grin
Still holding shot down I see.. cool

Where did you disappear to?

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by AntiNigerian: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
IpobExposed:
PDP people sponsoring the militant terrorist and Ipob terrorist that is how we will keep bursting u guys.
PDP=(frustrated thief's) use this rope. Nonsense.
Ipobexposed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between Senate And House Of Reps. Nigerians Answer (video) / Breaking News: Former PDP Spokesperson, Dayo Adeyeye Decamps To APC / Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.