Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta (22596 Views)

Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / Navy Destroys 40 Illegal Refineries, Arrests Operators In Delta / Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by prinzeepule(m): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Govt cant legalize them mainly because the crude oil they refined are gotten illegally by tapping them from pipelines. You just dnt set up refinery that easy cos f d flamability of crude oil product (safety) and sure dis guy wont do it cos of d reductn in d sort f profit they do make.

1 Like

Re: JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta by dustydee: 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:

I agree with you. But the protocol involved in obtaining that license you talk about is out of this world. You actually have to be a dangote+otedola to get a license.
Plus I mentioned selling crude to them at below market price in my post.

Although some elements will still bunker. But it's safer for them to buy knowing their investment would be secure. In the long run, bunkering would phase off.

Like I said if the government had 1% sense, they would work out a framework to integrate illegal refiners,
Sadly, they dont
I sincerely don't see how this will work without giving them free crude. And how much will the government sell crude to the big refiners? I agree that the process of obtaining a licence should be streamlined but of the over 20 companies that have the legal right to build refineries, how many of them have built? Those that have not built, why haven't they? These are the questions the government needs to answer and not giving crude away.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin / Hausa Skitmaker, Umar Bush Joins Presidential Team As SA For Entertainment / Obaseki Is Causing Problem In PDP, Edo State Chairman, Secretary Write Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.