Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Who Authorized Sunday Worship? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Authorized Sunday Worship? (7300 Views)

Saturday Sabbath To Sunday Worship;were Christians Right On This? / Is Sunday Worship Scriptural? / A Secret About Sunday Worship You Won't Be Told By Your Pastors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 7:08am On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

I laugh , you just murdered the Bible.

Not at all .
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Based on these words, we must quietly pass over that embarrassing Sunday afternoon meeting in the closed room. It was not an occasion of unrestrained joy over the resurrection, as some have portrayed it. In fact, there was not even any recognition on the part of the disciples that a miracle had taken place. They were fearful, depressed, and unbelieving. When Jesus appeared to them He spoke words of strong rebuke because of their lack of faith and because they had rejected the testimony of their own companions. How misleading it is to make this a happy memorial service honoring the resurrection!

Excellent response.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 7:16am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

Not at all .

Many verses in the new testament instructs us to observe,teach and establish the law,which law are they referring to?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 7:19am On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:

Another lie and false teaching. Bro, Jesus didn't rise on Sunday. This is because your Good Friday crucifixion and early Sunday morning resurrection fails Jesus given SIGN woefully!

When asked by the Pharisees to show them a sign, Jesus replied and said: “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:39). “Three days and three nights” is equivalent to 72 hours, i.e, 12 hours in a day (John 11:9) and 12 hours in a night, making it altogether 24 hours in what is commonly called “a day”.

In fact, Genesis 1:4-13 plainly says that God “divided the light from darkness. And God called the light Day and the darkness He called Night. And the evening [darkness] and the morning [light] were the first day…And the evening [darkness] and the morning [light] were the second day…And the evening [now THREE periods of darkness called night—three nights] and the morning [now THREE periods of light called day—three days] were the third day.”

This is the Bible’s definition of the length of time accounted for within the phrase “the third day.” It spanned three periods of darkness and three periods of light. It has been proven that each of these periods is twelve hours. Six times twelve hours equals 72 hours! What could be more plain?

So then, a late Friday afternoon entombment means a late Monday afternoon resurrection. It is as simple as counting one, two, three!

What! Did Jesus failed His own SIGN? No, let God be true and every man a liar (Romans 3:4). So you see, your claims that Jesus resurrected on Sunday is nothing but fictitious tales invented by those marked for destruction, to lead people into worshiping “another Jesus” (2 Corinthians 11:4), since the one and only true Jesus Christ of the Bible never resurrected on Sunday nor was He crucified on Friday. Bro, your theory falls like a pack of cards!

Let them starting worshipping on monday.

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 7:24am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

What sabbath was being referred to here ?

Hebrews 4:8
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have said anything about another day.

They had the sabbath of days and week and years . But there's a true sabbath . Which is a spiritual place in christ . By salvation we are legally in his sabbath . But it's only by faith we enter it practically . It's a place of trust to rest on his word.

Hebrews 4:9-11
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief

You just killed your own argument

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 7:26am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

No bible version makes that claim except the "loaded you"

That John wasn't on "The Lord's Day", i.e, the day of God's wrath?

Haven't I agreed that your Sunday worship is indeed a day of wrath? Keep deceiving yourself.

PS: Meanwhile, have you not seen the question I asked in my continuation page of this topic? What was the need of using maximum force and death threats to enforce your Sunday worship, a day supposedly used by the apostles and saints for worship?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

We have 3 worship days in my church Sunday Wednesday and Friday . So what's the big deal
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:

That John wasn't on "The Lord's Day", i.e, the day of God's wrath? . . Haven't I agreed that your Sunday worship is indeed a day of wrath? Keep deceiving yourself.

I know it's a little challenging for you to shift ground expecially when you've been raised in this inductrination. But the truth is the truth . Do a search The lords day was Sunday.

1[b] Corinthians 16:2[/b] (TLB)
2 [b]On every Lord's Day [/b]each of you should put aside something from what you have earned during the week, and use it for this offering. The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.

This is just elementary bible truth. Do a study you will see that you've been taught wrongly. I just hope you have the liver to accept when you see it.

PS: Meanwhile, have you not seen the question I asked in my continuation page of this topic? What was the need of using maximum force and death threats to enforce your Sunday worship, a day supposedly used by the apostles and saints for worship?

There's no Place like that in scriptures . They never forced anyone .
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:
That John wasn't on "The Lord's Day", i.e, the day of God's wrath?

Haven't I agreed that your Sunday worship is indeed a day of wrath? Keep deceiving yourself.

petra1:
I know it's a little challenging for you to shift ground expecially when you've been raised in this inductrination.
But the truth is the truth. Do a search
The lords day was Sunday.

1 Corinthians 16:2 (TLB)
2 On every Lord's Day each of you should put aside something from what you have earned during the week, and use it for this offering. The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.
You are wasting your breath
He wouldn't recognise truth, even if truth walked up and bit him on the bum!
And here you are, asking him to search for truth
People refuse to hear the truth and don't like to search for it because they don't want their illusions destroyed

petra1:
This is just elementary bible truth.
Do a study you will see that you've been taught wrongly.
I just hope you have the liver to accept when you see it

He has liver alright, but his liver is rejecting the truth
The truth is neither bad nor good, its just the truth
but he hasnt the mind to stomach it

petra1:
There's no Place like that in scriptures. They never forced anyone
Thank for this riposte
He was insulting intelligence that the bible forced anyone
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

We have 3 worship days in my church Sunday Wednesday and Friday . So what's the big deal

Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or
the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but fulfil.

Jesus said that till Heaven and Earth pass away one T or dot of the law would not pass away.

Since Jesus gave a command that only if Heaven and Earth would pass away for his Law to be abolished.he never said his death.
and since the death of JESUS Heaven and Earth is still standing ,so how did you and your church abolish the law? or are you saying JESUS is a lair.

The problem is that you believe the world you see.let me tell you. about 75% of the things in the world you see and believe in world history are all fake.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

I know it's a little challenging for you to shift ground expecially when you've been raised in this inductrination. But the truth is the truth . Do a search The lords day was Sunday.

1[b] Corinthians 16:2[/b] (TLB)
2 [b]On every Lord's Day [/b]each of you should put aside something from what you have earned during the week, and use it for this offering. The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.

This is just elementary bible truth. Do a study you will see that you've been taught wrongly. I just hope you have the liver to accept when you see it.

There's no Place like that in scriptures . They never forced anyone .

Elementary Bible truths like worshiping on Sundays? Bro, I do not subscribe to fairy tales. You lacked both basic Scriptural truths and history. Please, go and learn these things.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Philadelphia: 12:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
"Have *you* also so little understanding?" Jesus replied...
- Mark 7:18

Something very important, most people don't know note is that, Jesus never taught, never preached and most definitely never told anyone to keep the Sabbath

Isnt it strange that, God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ) explicitly repeats almost all the ten commandments
but nowhere in scripture did He ever in clear, specific and direct language talk about keeping the sabbath
(i.e. God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ) didnt ever talked about keeping the fourth commandment)

If keeping is very dear & important, why, isnt the fourth commandment, like other laws from the ten commandments, as shown below, explicitly talked about, preached, taught or commanded by God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ)

Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed
but just read below the response, when God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ)
was asked about how to obtain eternal life.

The surprising truth in all the response(s),
is that there is no Jesus command about keeping sabbath to obtain eternal life
and/or no Jesus mentioning keeping the sabbath to obtain eternal life.
Interesting responses, aren't they?

#1 “You shall have no other gods before me.

No one is able to serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and he will love the other,
or he will be devoted to the one and he will despise the other.
You are not able to serve God and mammon

- Matthew 6:24 Berean Literal Bible (Jesus commanding)

#2 You shall not make for yourself graven images or likenesses in the form of anything in heaven above
or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
and you shall not bow down to them or worship them

"Get out of here, Satan," Jesus told him.
"For the Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.'"

- Matthew 4:10 KJV (Jesus commanding)

#3 You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain

33"You have heard that it was said to your ancestors, 'Never break your oath, but give to the Lord what you swore in an oath to give him.'
34But I tell you don't swear an oath at all. Don't swear an oath by heaven, which is God's throne,
35or by the earth, which is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, which is the city of the great King.
36And don't swear an oath by your head. After all, you cannot make one hair black or white.
37Simply say yes or no. Anything more than that comes from the evil one.

- Matthew 5:33-37 (Jesus commanding)

#4 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
You, your family and any stranger that is within thy gates
Six days you shall work, but the 7th day is the Sabbath

- God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ) no where explicitly nor remotely commands this commandment

Unlike the other commandments from the Ten Commandment list, altogther nailed to the cross with the fourth commandment,
the fourth commandment is not taught or mentioned by Jesus to be kept
because Jesus knew that unlike the other commandments there was no intention of reintroducing the fourth commandment of keeping the sabbath

The New Testament too, just like Jesus, repeats the other commandments from the Ten Commandment list but doesnt explicit mention nor commands to keep the sabbath

#5 Honor your father and mother

18“Which ones?” the man asked.
Jesus answered, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness,
19honor your father and mother and love your neighbor as yourself.’

- Matthew 19:18-19 (Jesus commanding)

#6 You shall not murder

- “Which ones?” the man asked.
Jesus answered,
“‘Do not murder
, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness

- Matthew 19:18 (Jesus commanding)

#7 You shall not commit adultery

Jesus answered, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness,

#8 You shall not steal

Jesus answered, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness

#9 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor

Jesus answered, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness

#10 You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife
or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey
or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

17After He had left the crowd and gone indoors, His disciples began to ask Him about this figure of speech.
18"Have *you* also so little understanding?" Jesus replied;
"do you not understand that anything whatever that enters a man from outside cannot make him unclean,
19because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and passes away ejected from him?"
By these words Jesus pronounced all kinds of food clean.
20"What comes out of a man," He added, "that it is which makes him unclean.
21For from within, out of men's hearts, their evil purposes proceed—fornication, theft, murder, adultery,
22covetousness, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, reviling, pride, reckless folly:
23all these wicked things come out from within and make a man unclean''

- Mark 7:17-23 (Jesus said: listen to Me and understand)

and now you're out of a frying pan into the fire

But they were blinded in their understanding;
for until today whenever the Old Testament is read
, that veil remains over them,
and it is not revealed that it is being abolished by The Messiah

- 2 Corinthians 3:14 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

As seen above, Jesus' commandments and similar commandments in the NT ARE ALMOST THE SAME as the 10 commandments

Jesus' commandments and similar commandments in the NT ARE the 10 commandments RELOADED, less one

All the commandments, except for the fourth commandment were restored or reinstated, after all the ten commandments were abolished.

The whole ten commandments after abolition were all, except for the fourth commandment, EXPLICITLY re-introduced, short this one and only commandment which for a very good and valid reason was left out

Whichever of two group of sabbatarians anyone is.
Whether an observer of Saturday as sabbath or an observer of Sunday as a sabbath,
you wont ever find in scriptures, Jesus nor the NT explicitly commanding to keep Saturday or Sunday for sabbath

Please my dear sister MZLady39 and brother Splinz, remember we will be judged by the law that sets us free and not by the Mosaic law
So, sister and brother, you therefore need to make it your habit to speak & act like people who are going to be judged by the law of liberty.

However, if you or Splinz, do have scriptures of Jesus or the NT explicitly commanding to keep Saturday or Sunday for sabbath,
please paste
it here for all to read and to eat the humble pie
cc Goshen360, blueAgent, petra1, Ubenedictus, Oladimix, openmine

I have 2 questions for you:
1.) Are you a Christian (follower of Christ)? Then read this; Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
2.) Was Paul a Christian? Obvious yes. He was among the disciples who was seen in Antioch where the name "Christian" was used to describe the followers of Jesus. Read; Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

So, what is your argument again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Philadelphia: 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Exactly petra1, Jesus, is the Lord of the Sabbath.
He, as it were, is the Owner of the sabbath.
and as Owner of the sabbath, you dont hear Jesus saying: Keep the sabbath
Jesus never repeats the 4th commandment, the same way He explicitly repeats and commanded each of the other 9 commandments

So, yeah, it's not just about a specific day, and it has nothing to do with the fourth commandment
The law of liberty in Romans 14:5 is providing clear evidence that there is no specified day
Galatians 4:9-12 (i.e. New Living Translation) on the other hand, criticises this on grounds of going back to weak and worthless principles

Why did Jesus say this then? "Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:"
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Philadelphia: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
GodsMopol:
The Sabbath is a thing man has total control over, the Sabbath is not in any way to be a dictator

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Well, argue with the verse.

Whether Sabbath or Sunday all that pleases God is fellowship

You say man has total control of the Sabbath? Don't you think that is blasphemy because God is His law and He changeth not.
How dare you say whether Sabbath or Sunday, all that pleases God is fellowship? What then is God's standard? Which day did Jesus keep in Luke 4:16? Mind you, he was in fellowship in that text.

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

Yeah bro... I was hoping they'll start worshiping their “another Jesus” on Monday, since the true Jesus Christ was never crucified on Friday nor did He rose on Sunday. But you know... Sunday is a very special day to worship their own god. Did you see how they denied their Fri-Sun tradition, and by extension, their pagan Easter Good Friday crucifixion and early Sunday sunrise resurrection? That is the power of Scriptural truths! It shatters silly human inventions and theories...

Now, Christ was placed in the tomb just before sunset on Wednesday. Three complete days (three days and three nights) bring us to the end of the weekly Sabbath, just prior to sunset, when Christ was resurrected—just as He had prophesied! Christ couldn't have afford to either lost or gain even a second in the grave, or else, He is not the Christ! His 72 hours duration in the grave was simply a case of 71:59 tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock......BOOM!—like a timed bomb waiting to explode—Christ is risen!

Luke 24:1 states, “Now upon the first day of the week [Sunday], very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.” The women found the tomb empty (vs. 3). Two angels in shining garments informed them that Christ was already “risen” [past tense] (vs. 4-6). Mark 16:2 states that the women were present “at the rising of the sun.” This means Jesus was resurrected before sunrise. John 20:1 further tells us that Mary Magdalene came early “when it was yet dark” and found the stone that sealed the tomb was already rolled away. No sunrise resurrection could have occurred—because Jesus was already resurrected on Saturday the Sabbath day, just prior to sunset. He didn't rise when the people came to the tomb early Sunday but was already “risen!”

Have you seen how cherished and long held traditions of men, wickedly invented as a means of using it to validate their pagan Sunday worship, as well as to deceive, is tossed to the trash can? smiley Have you also seen that Christ resurrection on the Sabbath day further validate and confirmed that period of time as “holy”?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Philadelphia: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

The early church worship on sundays which they called "The lords day" or first day of the week.

1 Corinthians 16:2
2 On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned . . .

John received the book of revelation why worshiping on Sunday

Revelation 1:10
10 It was the Lord’s Day, and I was worshiping in the Spirit. Suddenly, I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet blast.

Jesus appeared to the disciples many times when they were gathered on Sunday's .

John 20:19
19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

He appeared the following week during Sunday meeting

John 20:26
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Paul also talked about the needlessness of the sabbath worship

Colossians 2:16
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Your first text has nothing to do with worship. Read it again.
Revelation 1:10 did not mention Sunday as the Lord's day. Jesus said He is the Lord of the Sabbath. If the Sabbath is a day and Jesus is the Lord of that day, then the Lord's day is the Sabbath day.
Jesus appearing to his disciples when they were gathered was not to worship with them. The reason the disciples gathered was because they were hiding and were afraid of being killed too.
Don't misquote Paul in Col 2:16. If he dint regard the Sabbath, what was he doing in Acts 17:2?
The sabbaths mentioned in Col 2:16 are the sabbaths of feasts e.g the 7 year sabbath. Read Col 2 and even verse 6, youd know that it talks about feast days and the Sabbath mentioned is Not the weekly Sabbath Day.

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
Philadelphia:

Why did Jesus say this then? "Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:"

Great insight bro.

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but fulfil.

Jesus said that till Heaven and Earth pass away one T or dot of the law would not pass away.

Since Jesus gave a command that only if Heaven and Earth would pass away for his Law to be abolished.he never said his death.
and since the death of JESUS Heaven and Earth is still standing ,so how did you and your church abolish the law? or are you saying JESUS is a lair.

The problem is that you believe the world you see.let me tell you. about 75% of the things in the world you see and believe in world history are all fake.

It's really a sad reality bro. These people don't believe verses like the ones you've quoted above, nor the perpetual Sabbath SIGN between God's true people (Exodus 31:17). Could it be that I do not know the meaning of “perpetuity” or it was God that didn't know?

PS: It is written: “Satan deceives the whole world” (Rev. 12:9). Indeed! The only people freed from this deception are those “not of the world” (John 17:16). That the world worships on Sunday doesn't make pagan Sunday worship a day authorized by God, nor does it means they're right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

Many verses in the new testament instructs us to observe,teach and establish the law,which law are they referring to?

Law of liberty or law of love. cheesy Please also ask them what is love?

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

If we criticize Sunday service , we criticize the church and it's foundation And all the apostles put together. So why condemning Sunday worship

You lied! The Church is built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets... (Ephesians 2:20), i.e, both on the teachings of New and Old Testament. Sunday worship is condemned because it was observe/taught no where in the Old Testament nor New.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but fulfillJesus said that till Heaven and Earth pass away one T or dot of the law would not pass away.
and since the sabbath death of JESUS Heaven and Earth is still standing ,so how did you and your church abolish the law? or are you saying JESUS is a lair.

The problem is that you believe the world you see.let me tell you. about 75% of the things in the world you see and believe in world history are all fake

The sabbath day law was shadow ,he was the reality and fulfillment. Case closed.

Mark 2:27-28
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

.[/quote]
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:

You lied! The Church is built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets... (Ephesians 2:20), i.e, both on the teachings of New and Old Testament. Sunday worship is condemned because it was observe/taught no where in the Old Testament nor New.

1 Corinthians 16:2 (MSG)
2 Every Sunday each of you make an offering and put it in safekeeping. Be as generous as you can. When I get there you'll have it ready, and I won't have to make a special appeal.

The apostles laid the foundation of Sunday worship
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
Philadelphia:

Your first text has nothing to do with worship. Read it again.
Revelation 1:10 did not mention Sunday as the Lord's day.

This twisting is not selling at all . The lords day is Sunday ,first day of the week

2 On every Lord's Day each of you should put aside something from what you have earned during the week, and use it for this offering. The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.

Jesus said He is the Lord of the Sabbath. If the Sabbath is a day and Jesus is the Lord of that day, then the Lord's day is the Sabbath day.

Yes the sabbath of Saturday was a shadow of christ . Christ is the real sabbath . He has come to give rest . This rest is not about a particular day of the weeek it's a life in us. When you come in to christ you've entered into sabbath. But the early church started to fellowship on Sundays even though God is no longer limited to a holy day.

Colossians 2:16 (KJV Strong's)
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sa
bbath days:

Romans 14:5 (KJV Strong's)
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

So John in revelation 1 was making reference to the general knowledge of Sunday being the lords day.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

1 Corinthians 16:2 (MSG)
2 Every Sunday each of you make an offering and put it in safekeeping. Be as generous as you can. When I get there you'll have it ready, and I won't have to make a special appeal.

The apostles laid the foundation of Sunday worship

Straw man arguments. You keep on recycling the same thing over and over again, as if it will suddenly turned true. What has been refuted countless times?

Go and find out who laid the foundation of your Sunday worship in Rome. The true Church has never had such hybrid doctrine, nor was it practiced in the Old Testament. The Church is built on the teachings of the apostles and prophets!

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

You are wasting your breath
He wouldn't recognise truth, even if truth walked up and bit him on the bum!

Not just for him and them but for other viewers on this forum
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

The sabbath day law was shadow ,he was the reality and fulfillment. Case closed.

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord also of the Sabbath not Sunday. So then, there remains a Sabbath-rest for the people of God (Hebrews 4:9).

Case closed. smiley
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Philadelphia: 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

This twisting is not selling at all . The lords day is Sunday ,first day of the week

Yes the sabbath of Saturday was a shadow of christ . Christ is the real sabbath . He has come to give rest . This rest is not about a particular day of the weeek it's a life in us. When you come in to christ you've entered into sabbath. But the early church started to fellowship on Sundays even though God is no longer limited to a holy day.

Colossians 2:16 (KJV Strong's)
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sa
bbath days:

Romans 14:5 (KJV Strong's)
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

So John in revelation 1 was making reference to the general knowledge of Sunday being the lords day.

1 Cor 16:2 is not talking about worship here. Remember in the previous text I shared, Jesus said ...pray your journey does not occur on the Sabbath Day.. Now if the Sabbath day that Jesus referred to is this one you're quoting in 1Cor. 16:2, then Paul must be sinning by travelling on the Sabbath day as he went through Macedonia.
Remember, this Sabbath we are talking about in Col. 2:16 is not the weekly Sabbath (Seventh-Day) except maybe you don't know that there are diverse types of sabbaths in the bible. The sabbath nailed to the cross is not the weekly Sabbath (the one found in the 10 commandments). If you say it is, then you mean the whole 10 commandments have been nailed to the cross because the Sabbath mentioned in the 10 commandments is the weekly Sabbath. So, can I steal now? Can I kill and commit adultery?
Or is the 10 commandments a shadow of this gs to come? Remember, this is the very portion of the Bible that God wrote with His own finger. God is His Word and He said Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
So how was this His Word a shadow of things?
Isaiah also said "Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."

Now, if it was the 10 commandments (where the 4th commandment is) that was nailed to the cross, why did James have this to say? "James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."
Why would he refer to the law again (after Jesus went to heaven) if it was nailed to the cross?
Remember, the New Testament was written after Jesus was dead and resurrected.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Philadelphia: 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

Is it only the Sabbath day law (1/10) that was a shadow? Please explain this statement from James.

Now, if it was the 10 commandments (where the 4th commandment is) that was nailed to the cross, why did James have this to say? "James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."
Why would he refer to the law again (after Jesus went to heaven) if it was nailed to the cross?
Remember, the New Testament was written after Jesus was dead and resurrected.

Tell me where the Sabbath day we'd keep in heaven would come from if it had already been nailed to the cross. Or would Jesus remove the nail? grin

Here's what Isaiah said; "Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD."

Oya come and explain oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Philadelphia: 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:

It's really a sad reality bro. These people don't believe verses like the ones you've quoted above, nor the perpetual Sabbath SIGN between God's true people (Exodus 31:17). Could it be that I do not know the meaning of “perpetuity” or it was God that didn't know?

PS: It is written: “Satan deceives the whole world” (Rev. 12:9). Indeed! The only people freed from this deception are those “not of the world” (John 17:16). That the world worships on Sunday doesn't make pagan Sunday worship a day authorized by God, nor does it means they're right.

Please ask Petra1 to help me explain this since he said the 10 commandments law has been nailed to the cross. Let him explain the one in bold:
Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Is the commandment kept here the one already nailed to the cross?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
Philadelphia:
I have 2 questions for you:
1.) Are you a Christian (follower of Christ)? Then read this; Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Something very important, most people don't know note is that, Jesus never taught, never preached and most definitely never told anyone to keep the Sabbath

Isnt it strange that, God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ) explicitly repeats almost all the ten commandments
but nowhere in scripture did He ever in clear, specific and direct language talk about keeping the sabbath
(i.e. God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ) didnt ever talked about keeping the fourth commandment)

If keeping the sabbath is very dear & important to Him, why, isnt the fourth commandment, like other laws from the ten commandments, as shown in where you've quoted me, explicitly talked about, preached, taught or commanded by God whilst on earth (i.e. in the person of Jesus Christ)?

Philadelphia:
2.) Was Paul a Christian? Obvious yes. He was among the disciples who was seen in Antioch where the name "Christian" was used to describe the followers of Jesus. Read; Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
As I correctly was pointing out to Splinz, the Gentiles that Paul was teaching to, on the sabbath, were Greek proselytes who converted to Judaism (i.e. Judaists using petra1's coinage) and NOT followers of Jesus
Paul was not keeping the sabbath but was attending the Jew & Greek gatherings on their sabbath day to convince & win them over with the gospel

Your ''followers of Jesus'' sic in Acts 17:2 are not followers of Jesus but are unbelieving Jews that Paul was again trying to win over with the gospel

You're familiar with the ''go ye into world and make disciples...'', well thaty's exactly what Paul was doing
He went into their world and was not a case of keeping the sabbath
The Jewish synagogue is usually a full house on a sabbath day
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Philadelphia:
Why did Jesus say this then?
"Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:"
What if He said that?
Now tell me. Did Jesus ever, explicitly say keep the sabbath

Anyway Jesus mentioned sabbath in that sentence to magnify and reflect the severity of the warning of what will happen concerning Jerusalem and particularly the temple
Are you not aware of Exodus 16:29 and how the Jews interpreted the latter part of it?

Now, if you fast rewind to 70 A.D., the penny will drop and you will understand why Jesus constructed that statement in that style or manner of speaking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Saw Women of God in Hell - Adelaida de Carrillo / Do You Still Attend House Fellowship? / Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.