Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,918 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Who Authorized Sunday Worship? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Authorized Sunday Worship? (7304 Views)

Saturday Sabbath To Sunday Worship;were Christians Right On This? / Is Sunday Worship Scriptural? / A Secret About Sunday Worship You Won't Be Told By Your Pastors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:
Not just for him and them but for other viewers on this forum
The other readers of thread are exactly the reason why I too have been taking part in the thread, so that, him, particularly doesnt spread his ignorance.
You are right, the viewers need to have accurate information and balanced view of the issues involved
Would have done a harmful action to the readers by ignoring the thread
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hi my brother MuttleyLaff,
Let me apologize for misinterpreting what I thought you were doing. I saw it differently...but I apologize.
I guess I tend to get too sensitive at times (which I have been told many times before).....

Anyhow, with that being said..I am going to gracefully bow out of "this" thread...

The statement regarding the "high Sabbath" vs. the weekly Sabbath concerning Christ' death..is what I cannot agree with because I've never studied that.
I will have to look into that further.
Have a wonderful weekend... smiley
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi my brother MuttleyLaff,
Let me apologize for misinterpreting what I thought you were doing. I saw it differently...but I apologize.
I guess I tend to get too sensitive at times (which I have been told many times before).....

Anyhow, with that being said..I am going to gracefully bow out of "this" thread...

The statement regarding the "high Sabbath" vs. the weekly Sabbath concerning Christ' death..is what I cannot agree with because I've never studied that.
I will have to look into that further.
Have a wonderful weekend... smiley
My dear sister, you know I always respect your choices.
It's not between us, ever been personal and no matter what I will never love you any less than the love of Christ I have for you.

Have a blessed and good weekend.

Thank you for your quietly appealing gentle and polite manners
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by analice107: 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

We have 3 worship days in my church Sunday Wednesday and Friday . So what's the big deal
Every day in my Church is a worship day.

I go to church on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Which should be Sabbath biko?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2017
Philadelphia:

Is it only the Sabbath day law (1/10) that was a shadow? Please explain this statement from James.

Now, if it was the 10 commandments (where the 4th commandment is) that was nailed to the cross, why did James have this to say? "James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."
Why would he refer to the law again (after Jesus went to heaven) if it was nailed to the cross?
Remember, the New Testament was written after Jesus was dead and resurrected.

Tell me where the Sabbath day we'd keep in heaven would come from if it had already been nailed to the cross. Or would Jesus remove the nail? grin

Here's what Isaiah said; "Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD."

Oya come and explain oooo

i believe in the law as Gods document for man . however there are things in the law that are shadows which had been fulfilled in christ yet there are things that are principles which will always be applicable.

so issues of idolatry vs one God ,do not commit murder etc will always be principles in Gods kingdom. blood sacrifices sin offerings are shadows. clean and unclean meat are shadows. they represent the Gentiles as unclean and not to mix with them. but God told peter to eat the unclean because christ has broken down the middle wall. all are one in christ

Leviticus 11:8
8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Acts 10:13-15
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
Philadelphia:

Why did Jesus say this then? "Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:"

Because the Jews can't treck more than a mile on sabbath day. It is called sabbath day journey

Acts 1:12
12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

You may want to know the reason Jesus said so . He was talking about the tribulation. When the Jews will be running for safety from the antichrist. At the ememrgence of abomination of desolation that Daniel spoke about . If that event happens on a sabbath day they won't be able to run far for they can't travel more than a mile
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
petra1:
Because the Jews can't treck more than a mile on sabbath day. It is called sabbath day journey

Acts 1:12
12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

You may want to know the reason Jesus said so . He was talking about the tribulation. When the Jews will be running for safety from the antichrist. At the ememrgence of abomination of desolation that Daniel spoke about . If that event happens on a sabbath day they won't be able to run far for they can't travel more than a mile
See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day
- Exodus 16:29
You let the cat out of the bag petra1

Could imagine the terror when the Romans came heavy on Jerusalem burned the city and destroyed the temple on that day 70 AD
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day
- Exodus 16:29
You let the cat out of the bag petra1

Could imagine the terror when the Romans came heavy on Jerusalem burned the city and destroyed the temple on that day 70 AD

It's Terror o. It's a terrible thing to fall into Goes wrath as the Bible say. That God we are free from wrath to come
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
petra1:
It's Terror o. It's a terrible thing to fall into Goes wrath as the Bible say. That God we are free from wrath to come
The thank(s) has no end
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 9:14am On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

Yeah bro... I was hoping they'll start worshiping their “another Jesus” on Monday, since the true Jesus Christ was never crucified on Friday nor did He rose on Sunday. But you know... Sunday is a very special day to worship their own god. Did you see how they denied their Fri-Sun tradition, and by extension, their pagan Easter Good Friday crucifixion and early Sunday sunrise resurrection? That is the power of Scriptural truths! It shatters silly human inventions and theories...

Now, Christ was placed in the tomb just before sunset on Wednesday. Three complete days (three days and three nights) bring us to the end of the weekly Sabbath, just prior to sunset, when Christ was resurrected—just as He had prophesied! Christ couldn't have afford to either lost or gain even a second in the grave, or else, He is not the Christ! His 72 hours duration in the grave was simply a case of 71:59 tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock......BOOM!—like a timed bomb waiting to explode—Christ is risen!

Luke 24:1 states, “Now upon the first day of the week [Sunday], very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.” The women found the tomb empty (vs. 3). Two angels in shining garments informed them that Christ was already “risen” [past tense] (vs. 4-6). Mark 16:2 states that the women were present “at the rising of the sun.” This means Jesus was resurrected before sunrise. John 20:1 further tells us that Mary Magdalene came early “when it was yet dark” and found the stone that sealed the tomb was already rolled away. No sunrise resurrection could have occurred—because Jesus was already resurrected on Saturday the Sabbath day, just prior to sunset. He didn't rise when the people came to the tomb early Sunday but was already “risen!”

Have you seen how cherished and long held traditions of men, wickedly invented as a means of using it to validate their pagan Sunday worship, as well as to deceive, is tossed to the trash can? smiley Have you also seen that Christ resurrection on the Sabbath day further validate and confirmed that period of time as “holy”?

Lol.....
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 9:17am On Mar 08, 2017
petra1:

The sabbath day law was shadow ,he was the reality and fulfillment. Case closed.

Mark 2:27-28
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Sabbath made for the man means man was meant to observe it.
did Jesus say the first week was made for man?

“A demonic spirit's favorite activity is making
a person feel religious without an
understanding of the Word of God.” —Pastor
Max D. Younce
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2017
petra1:

We have 3 worship days in my church Sunday Wednesday and Friday . So what's the big deal

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them,
Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition
.” —Mark 7:7-9

“For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce
, if it were possible, even the elect.” —Mark
13:22

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
Bump!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed / What If You Found Out That Fasting Has Nothing To Do With Food ? / I Am Not A Terrorist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.