Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) (61952 Views)

Generalisation Of The Name God And The Blame Game / STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Emmacolinho(m): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
I don't know what Song of Solomon is doing in the Bible
thats because a canal person cannot understand the things of the spirit

2 Likes

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by BobHIGHNESS(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2017
softMarket:
The foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisest of men!!

So God is foolish,christians will never seize to amaze person. Are you glorifying his name with this shit?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 9:51am On Feb 26, 2017
bizzibodi:

kai!BLASPHEMY God is not fo....pls God 4giv me no b me talk am.

He just quoted First Corinthians Chapter one verse 25. You say na blasphemy?

My friend go and read your bible.......... angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by softMarket(m): 9:51am On Feb 26, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
So God is foolish,christians will never seize to amaze person. Are you glorifying his name with this shit?

are you mad?

Cant u read meaning into my statement?
Did i say God is foolish?

You muslems never cease to show ur stupidity! Go and bomb the nearest market!! Datz all u pple are good at! Scumly clown!
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Haddock(m): 9:51am On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:

Yes, I'm not surprised you don't know. As long as the farmer and the driver keep perceiving the rain through opposing standpoints, you and many others would continue to wonder and wander in blinding pride. Guess what! The rain just continues!
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by softMarket(m): 9:52am On Feb 26, 2017
ehissi:

He just quoted First Corinthians Chapter one verse 25. You say na blasphemy?
My friend go and read your bible.......... angry
brother dont mind all this muslems......
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 9:53am On Feb 26, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:

He just quote First Corinthians Chapter 1 verse 25 and you are talking another different thing........... undecided

My friend, go and read your bible........... angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 9:54am On Feb 26, 2017
CivilianJTF:

Flying To Church kwa? cheesy

That must be a confirmed Edo boy........ grin
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Emperormartin(m): 9:55am On Feb 26, 2017
kevoh:
Too much fuss about Jewish folklore on NL frontpage undecided Just wish equal attention is given to Benin, Hausa, Ibibio, Yoruba, Igbo folklore so we can all get enlightened on what is truly ours and not borrowed.
.........and the Yoruba/igbo folklore will snowballs into media war like the Jewish/palestines of old.

I DON'T KNOW WHY SO MUCH HATE
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by faaz24: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2017
HRich:
OK ooO

please somebody should tell Buhari to stop flashing me, i kept on missing his calls every minutes
U be Garba Shehu ??
Take me to Bubu
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by softMarket(m): 9:57am On Feb 26, 2017
tydi:

OLD man nothing like "foolishness"in GOD's dictionary. our ancient of days !!! na OLD GOD to accommodate such.stop being "gullible "

are you a christian? If yes, then go and read 1 corinthians chapter 1 vs 25!
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 9:57am On Feb 26, 2017
tydi:

OLD man nothing like "foolishness"in GOD's dictionary. our ancient of days !!! na OLD GOD to accommodate such.stop being "gullible "

My Friend, better be careful Oooh! undecided

In case you don't know, he just quoted First Corinthians Chapter 1 verse 25...

But if na wetin gifty talk about soma or banky E, una go know every every..... angry
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:58am On Feb 26, 2017
K Solo na bahdt guy na.. em snatch from some people and shared with some people too
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by chyzoo4u(m): 9:59am On Feb 26, 2017
ademasta:
Hmmmm
Song of Mr Solo(he that used wisdom to copulate with 300 housewives and 700 Olosho(s)...)

Hmmm again.
FTC(Flying To Church)
Not
First To Comment

Solomon actually had 700 wives (not 300) and 300 concubines. In any case, that can't be used to measure the wisdom of a man.

Try fly back as you fly go o...
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by BobHIGHNESS(m): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2017
softMarket:

are you mad?

You muslems never cease to show ur stupidity! Go and bomb the nearest market!! Datz all u pple are good at! Scumly clown!
Were you thought to abuse person that challenge you? This ain't make sense,and i don't think you know if ama religious bigot like you or not, Am only trying to ask a question, is it true that God is foolish? If so,did it make sense to you to glorifying God with the word "Foolishness"?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by faaz24: 10:01am On Feb 26, 2017
ehissi:

But if na wetin gifty talk about soma or banky E, una go know every every..... angry
grin cheesy grin I know Banky W but abeg who be Gifty wch kind gift she dey give ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by PrinzCarter(m): 10:04am On Feb 26, 2017
legendsilver:
Songs of Solomon, my favourite book of the bible grin
me too ,I love chapter 1vs 2n vs13 to 15-16
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Realist2: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2017
WfBabakhay:
same here

A young man left for a boarding ( an hostel) school with joy and so many goodies loaded in his bag. 3months after he has exhausted those goodies, he pick up a phone, called mummy, mummy said he should call daddy, when he called daddy that his foodstuff and money has finished, daddy said ok, i,ve heard you, but READ UR BIBLE, he waited for 2days after, he called again, daddy told him to READ UR BIBLE. The 5th day, he almost died of hunger , he called daddy again, daddy told him to READ UR BIBLE. The boy waited thinking that daddy will send money, but no, he started begging to feed himself. He called daddy again daddy told him to READ UR BIBLE, and out of annoyance he went to his bag, brought out THE BIBLE from dip inside his bag, opened it LO and Behold ! , a CHEQUE of #50,000 written in his name, just for him to fill the date and cash the money.
Till today, the guy does not play with his bible.
You will never know what you're missing !.

2 Likes

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by joeace2020(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2017
budusky05:
OP the Bible nor the songs of Solomon DID NOT celebrate SEX. People like u miss quote God's word.

Religious zealousness...Yes it infact did in the Songs of Solomon..It does not celebrate adultery and fornication. What am i even doing here? Nigerians wey carry religion for head like gala naim i wan dey argue with. Make i go play sunday morning PS
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Monk92(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2017
The same bible adherents Dat read songs of Solomon will come n b shouting against bbnaija..... Una hypocrisy Go kill una... @least bbnaija dey come with PG ratings
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Malawian(m): 10:15am On Feb 26, 2017
Thepasserby:
The book of Esther actually started from The book of Samuel.

It was a demonstration of why God orders man to do certain awkward things. In the book of 1Samuel 15, God told Saul to destroy the Amalikites but he ended up sparing the king and his household. Although King Agag was later killed by Samuel, but some of his descendants escaped.

Haman was a descendant of Agag and that explains why he had so much hatred for the Jews. (Esther 3:1).
I have read through the thread, you are the only one with something meaningful to add.

1 Like

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by tydi(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2017
ehissi:

it's a typos error

happy sunday fella
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by tydi(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2017
softMarket:

I get your point HE was referring to the world. anyway

happy sunday fella
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by tydi(m): 10:24am On Feb 26, 2017
softMarket:

yea GOD was talking to the world.

anyways happy sunday fella
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Aditueledumare(m): 10:24am On Feb 26, 2017
Bible is God constitution to guild His children on earth. Happy sunday

U can make cool cash from ur condemned inverter batteries. Call or whatapp-08038763941.

Thks.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2017
juman:
As a muslim I think bible can be compared to hadith of the prophet muhammad, where it has to be vetted well to know the real sayings of the prophet.

I wonder why the whole bible is considered as God's words.

Difficult as this may Sound - to even some Christians - the bible isn't the Word of God.

Looking at the OP alone, an intelligent, unbaised and objective mind can decipher that.

The Bible contains the Words of God, there exist specific portions in the bible where God spoke through people - sending them as messengers - and where God spoke expressly to people and with people. And there are portions where his name isn't even mentioned though his existence is felt.

For example, in the Fourth Chapter of Esther verse 3 and 16, you see where Esther sought the help of Mordecai to call all the Jews into prayer and fasting with sack clothes and ashes as she sought to approach the king in the hope of reversing the Evil decree set against the Jews. ....

Also, in the Book of Songs of Solomon, some translations of the bible - like the World English Bible - make mention of God in the 8th Chapter and the 6th verse as "Yahweh".

What the bible is believed to be in it entirety - and on this point I believe almost every theologian agrees on - is that the bible is the "Words of Truth".

The understanding being that there are different realms or levels of Truth.

In other words, there words that apply specifically in a specific situation or circumstance but not in another. And there are those that apply in all circumstances regardless of the situation.......

As a Christian and someone who has read....... well some parts of the Qoran, I think it is safer to think of it as a the Qoran and the Hadith in one book.......
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by InsanePsycho(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2017
HRich:

With your name I know what you mean, InsanePsycho

Tell me one thing he did that was wise. Seriously smiley
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by mayorwah98(m): 10:30am On Feb 26, 2017
softMarket:

are you mad?

Puhahahahahahahahaha. Punch line
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by mayorwah98(m): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2017
tydi:

Don't jump into conclusion. He quoted what's in the Bible
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by DonCortino: 10:33am On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:

It tells u that sex is good!
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by pmc01(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2017
softMarket:
The foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisest of men!!

Why will God even be "foolish" at all. Is there no more sensible way to describe God's Might?
I have to admit you Christians can really be pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Shows Up In A Church With A Gun (Video) / Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.