Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) (61950 Views)

Generalisation Of The Name God And The Blame Game / STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Sincerelyme(f): 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
The Bible is a story of God’s relationship with mankind, and most books put God front and center. For example: The prophets are God’s mouthpieces: the last 17 books of the Old Testament are mostly words straight from God.

The Gospels focus on Jesus’ life and ministry. Jesus, the God-man, is the main character in all four books. The Law of Moses is about God’s covenant with and rules for Israel..

But as it turns out, two books of the Bible don’t talk about God at all . Weird, right?

ESTHER Esther is the kind of story you could make into a movie again and again and again. This book focuses on two Jews in Susa, the capital of the Persian Empire: Esther, a girl who becomes queen, and her relative Mordecai, a member of King Ahaseurus’ guard.

If you’re not familiar with the story of Esther, you can get the big picture here . In short, Esther risks her life to prevent an act of genocide against her people. It’s the history of the Jewish feast of Purim.
And there’s no mention of God. So, that’s one down.

Here’s the next:

SONG of SOLOMON.....

Song of Solomon might be the most awkward book to read. It’s a celebration of love, beauty, sex, and marriage. The main characters are a bride and bridegroom, who sing back and forth to one another and to their community. You’ll find a lot of poetic references to the human anatomy, but you won’t see any mention of God as a person...

This one isn’t as cut-and-dry as Esther. There’s one passage of Song of Solomon in which the bride describes the strength and intensity of true love. She compares this love to a fire, but what kind of fire? Our English Bible translations tend to differ on how Song of Solomon 8:6 should end.

Why don’t these books mention God? There are a few reasons these books don’t mention God: There are no direct words from God. Most books of the Old Testament mention prophets, who speak on God’s behalf; neither of these stories, however, include any spokespersonh for God.

There are no overt miracles. When God does something completely out of the ordinary, the Bible credits Him for it. But Esther is a story of human action, and Song of Solomon focuses on human love.

What are these books even doing in the Bible, then? These books don’t stand alone. We should read them in context of God’s covenant with Israel. And when we take that into account, it’s clear that there’s a lot going on below the surface.

For example, Esther and Mordecai are placing their faith in something beyond themselves: Esther and Mordecai fast in times of troub Mordecai is confident that the Jews will be delivered. Mordecai and Esther act in faith throughout the book. Mordecai is a man of integrity, and Esther is a self-sacrificial heroine. We don’t know for sure if Mordecai had God’s promises to Abraham and David in mind when he claimed that the Jews would be delivered ( Es 4:14 ). But words from God would make a good foundation for those beliefs. Esther gives me an idea of what faith looks like when it’s played out, and leaves me with the question: is my faith as evident as Esther’s and Mordecai’s?.

And Song of Solomon describes the bliss of married love. God sees His relationship to Israel as one of marriage, evenq though Israel is a terrible bride to Him. Jeremiah , Ezekiel , and Hosea all use marriage to describe God’s covenant to Israel—usually to paint a picture of Israel’s sin ( Jer 3:1 ; Eze 16 ; Hos 1).

yes . I can't also help but ask if my faith is as rooted as Esther's. Well done
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Sincerelyme(f): 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thepasserby:
The book of Esther actually started from The book of Samuel.

It was a demonstration of why God orders man to do certain awkward things. In the book of 1Samuel 15, God told Saul to destroy the Amalikites but he ended up sparing the king and his household. Although King Agag was later killed by Samuel, but some of his descendants escaped.

Haman was a descendant of Agag and that explains why he had so much hatred for the Jews. (Esther 3:1).

wow feeling like actually taking real time to studying my bible.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by achieverme(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
I don't know what Song of Solomon is doing in the Bible

I hope you can see the hypocrisy of Christians. Many of you think songs of Solomon should be in the bible, but you condemn Catholics for adding the books of Tobit, Maccabees, etc. Deep sitted hypocrisy.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by achieverme(m): 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thepasserby:
The book of Esther actually started from The book of Samuel.

It was a demonstration of why God orders man to do certain awkward things. In the book of 1Samuel 15, God told Saul to destroy the Amalikites but he ended up sparing the king and his household. Although King Agag was later killed by Samuel, but some of his descendants escaped.

Haman was a descendant of Agag and that explains why he had so much hatred for the Jews. (Esther 3:1).

And what sayest thou about the songs of Solomon. Between the songs of Solomon and the book of Maccabees, Tobit, et al, which do you think should deserve a place in the Bible?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by achieverme(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
softMarket:
The foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisest of men!!

Stop being dumb sir. It wasn't God that compiled the 66 books of the Bible together. It was human beings that chose 66 out of the numerous scrolls of those days and join them together as Bible.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Limitless72(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
dumodust:

bros... you are now writing your own book o outside the bible

Itz what you said....dat "solomon is the wisest man to have ever lived"....
Nd even if you were emphazing from the bible...Jesus was recorded in the bible and he's wiser than solomon....
Xo broda solomon is not the wisest man...period!!!
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by achieverme(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
nemynely:

It's there to prove to certain Christians that romance, pre-intimacy, sweet somethings, effusive verbal sensual remarks of fond parts on your spouse etc ARE ALLOWED WHOLESALE IN THE CONFINES OF HOLY MATRIMONY.

Forget it. The Bible was compiled by humans
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by dumodust(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
Limitless72:

Itz what you said....dat "solomon is the wisest man to have ever lived"....
Nd even if you were emphazing from the bible...Jesus was recorded in the bible and he's wiser than solomon....
Xo broda solomon is not the wisest man...period!!!
i didnt say anything before but BTW, is Jesus not God?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Kjking(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
kingsizedude:
can u emerging OP u said books u said bible, what do you think is the meaning of BIBLE in Hebrew are you a learner, it still means book. so why mentioning two books of book then.
are you trying to make a point?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Emycord: 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
ademasta:
Hmmmm
Song of Mr Solo(he that used wisdom to copulate with 300 housewives and 700 Olosho(s)...)

Hmmm again.
FTC(Flying To Church)
Not
First To Comment
reproduce ? I dont think so he only had two sons to show for a thousand women. I doubt if he knew or even met most of them not to talk of satisfying them for even if he had no other job as king but to mate them, it will take close to 3 years for them to go round?

2 Likes

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by raphealolami(m): 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
ademasta:
Hmmmm
Song of Mr Solo(he that used wisdom to copulate with 300 housewives and 700 Olosho(s)...)

Hmmm again.
FTC(Flying To Church) hhh
Not
First To Comment
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Thepasserby(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2017
achieverme:

And what sayest thou about the songs of Solomon. Between the songs of Solomon and the book of Maccabees, Tobit, et al, which do you think should deserve a place in the Bible?

Song of Solomon was a poem between a man and his lover. Although their was no mention of God in the texts bit replace the Young man with God and the lady with Israel, it will make perfect meaning to you.

Have you ever read the books of Maccabees and Tobit? I have and I know their content.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Thepasserby(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sincerelyme:

wow feeling like actually taking real time to studying my bible.

There is a difference between study and relation sir. Ask for revelation and not just the ability to study.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by achieverme(m): 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thepasserby:

Song of Solomon was a poem between a man and his lover. Although their was no mention of God in the texts bit replace the Young man with God and the lady with Israel, it will make perfect meaning to you.

Have you ever read the books of Maccabees and Tobit? I have and I know their content.

Which part of songs of Solomon told you it is btw a man and his wife? Why not between a man and his concubines? It only happens that the writer has innumerable concubines.

The excuse you pentecostals give against the apocriphers is that they were written when God wasn't speaking with humans. Can you point out any iota of God-speaking-with-humans in the Songs of Solomon?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Thepasserby(m): 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
achieverme:

Which part of songs of Solomon told you it is btw a man and his wife? Why not between a man and his concubines? It only happens that the writer has innumerable concubines.

The excuse you pentecostals give against the apocriphers is that they were written when God wasn't speaking with humans. Can you point out any iota of God-speaking-with-humans in the Songs of Solomon?

Sir, I was not at the council when the 66 books were decided. I asked you a question which you have not answered. Plus I AM A CHRISTIAN AND NOT A PENTECOSTAL.

Talking about Solomon, yes he had so many concubines and wives but was there any law stopping him from having as many as he wanted?

When he erred by marrying the wrong people was he spared or punished?

He had the most peaceful reign in the Bible because he used his wisdom to marry the daughters of people that will likely attack his reign.

You have sent me on an errand and I promise to check the original texts from which Songs of Solomon was translated from.

Thanks... And Jesus loves you.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by achieverme(m): 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thepasserby:

Sir, I was not at the council when the 66 books were decided. I asked you a question which you have not answered. Plus I AM A CHRISTIAN AND NOT A PENTECOSTAL.

Talking about Solomon, yes he had so many concubines and wives but was there any law stopping him from having as many as he wanted?

When he erred by marrying the wrong people was he spared or punished?

He had the most peaceful reign in the Bible because he used his wisdom to marry the daughters of people that will likely attack his reign.

You have sent me on an errand and I promise to check the original texts from which Songs of Solomon was translated from.

Thanks... And Jesus loves you.

You have deviated from the original quest. What qualifies songs of Solomon to be part of the scripture and disqualifies Maccabees, tobit, et al from being part of the scriptures?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Thepasserby(m): 5:45pm On Feb 26, 2017
achieverme:

You have deviated from the original quest. What qualifies songs of Solomon to be part of the scripture and disqualifies Maccabees, tobit, et al from being part of the scriptures?

I don't know what prompted the council to do it and I have no problem with it in the Bible sir.

Please if you have any other question send me a mail. Check my signature for the address.

Thanks.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by luvmijeje(f): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
The first time I read song of Solomon, I was like, am I still reading the Bible? I was so uncomfortable.

I said no wonder this book has never been use to preached in the church.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Ezionye(f): 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
Realist2:

You know what i see when i check ur dp ?, i see a girl who is on the edge .

The story is still stale
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ademasta(m): 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
Emycord:
reproduce ? I dont think so he only had two sons to show for a thousand women. I doubt if he knew or even met most of them not to talk of satisfying them for even if he had no other job as king but to mate them, it will take close to 3 years for them to go round?
You are correct

1 Like

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by sfinkzslot(m): 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
I don't know what Song of Solomon is doing in the Bible
hmmmm...I sabi una!

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Origin(f): 1:46am On Feb 27, 2017
Jesus is a God-man.

God has blood, eats, poo and takes a bath.
God prays to God teaches others to pray to God.?
God says"I have not been SENT to......". Who sent who?
God is nailed on a cross, bleeds and starts begging WHO in heaven?
God was the one who woke Lazarus and kept shouting" I have no power of my own".?

BLASPHEMY definition: 'the act of claiming the attributes of a deity <for a mere man to suggest that he was … divine could only be viewed … as blasphemy — John Bright †1889>'

TEN COMMANDMENTS: I AM THE LORD THY GOD. THOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BESIDES ME. THOU SHALL NOT MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE (pictures and statues of Jesus).

Jesus said" Hear o Israel, thy Lord thy God is One"

Why is Man determined to worship other human beings- sango oya obatala ogun etc.

The God that molded Adam from nothing, cannot He create Jesus without a father? The God that created the earth round and no one falls off. The God that created the heavens, the blazing SUN, the planets. Cannot He create what he wills?
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by bizzibodi(m): 3:42am On Feb 27, 2017
ehissi:

He just quoted First Corinthians Chapter one verse 25. You say na blasphemy?

My friend go and read your bible.......... angry
whether na from bible or not that adjective is too bad to use on d Almighty yaweh,the creator of d universe.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2017
bizzibodi:

whether na from bible or not that adjective is too bad to use on d Almighty yaweh,the creator of d universe.

What is too bad hia, is your lack of understanding of Scripture.

First and foremost, no real Christian who has the fear of God, understanding and is a calm fellow talks as reckless as you just did - in case you don't know, that is reckless, read the last 10 verses of the bible for greater understanding that is assuming I am talking to a Christian and not a muslim.

Second the scripture quoted is in First Corinthians Chapter one and verse 25.

Third, it was a comparison between Man's wisdom and God's wisdom. It doesn't call God foolish, it simply a comparison between the wisdom of God and that of man.

A simple real - life practical analogy will suffice.

Pastor Matthew Asimolowo once gave a testimony that concerned Bishop Oyedepo. He said many years ago, he got a call from a very excited Oyedepo to come and see that he had gotten a place for a facility. He entered car with Bishop, only for him to take him to one scorpion/snake infested area inside one thick bush in Ogun state and said that "God asked him to build a camp in that place and the name of the place was going to be called Shiloh.........."

According to Asimolowo, he just dey look am, because nothing he said made sense. You want to build a camp, inside this bush and you are saying people from Lagos and all around the world will come and join you to die sahra...... Even if the place was built eventually, it would cost billions of which, Oyedepo as at the time, nor get money, E no get better relationship with bank and you say you will build such a facility debt free.

As far as he was concerned, he just dey talk rubbish........or maybe na too much bible reading dey make am misbehave. Today Shiloh Camp ground is a standard, to the extent that almost every major Church is now going to build camp inside Bush, from MFM, to Redeem church, to Four square Gospel. Even Muslims have their own camp (NASFAT).

Since Shiloh was launched, Pastor Asimolowo has said na since that Shiloh launching that he has learnt to respect the type of Faith whey Bishop Oyedepo get - this one no be tokunbo, na brand new. As far as he is concerned, anything the man says God sent him to do, he will do it, don't just bother yourself. For a man like him to raise that camp and every single thing he has said he was going to do and was going to happen all without error came to pass.

You may be thinking God can never be foolish which is a great truth, but an upright, God fearing man says or takes a decision based on what God told him to do and you call him unreasonable, blind, senseless or a fool. Isn't that the same thing as calling God or his wisdom foolishness??

Think on that for minute and see if it is un-scriptural............

That is why Apostle Paul can say without fear of Contradiction irrespective of what you think as long as it is God's wisdom, No matter how it may look or seem, "even the foolishness of God is wiser than (the wisdom of ) men. Be guided by the wisdom of God..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by bizzibodi(m): 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
ehissi:

First and foremost, no real Christian who has the fear of God, understanding and is a calm fellow talks as reckless as you just did - in case you don't know, that is reckless, read the last 10 verses of the bible for greater understanding that is assuming I am talking to a Christian and not a muslim.

Third, it was a comparison between Man's wisdom and God's wisdom. It doesn't call God foolish, it simply a comparison between the wisdom of God and that of man.

Pastor Matthew Asimolowo once gave a testimony that concerned Bishop Oyedepo. He said many years ago, he got a call from a very excited Oyedepo to come and see that he had gotten a place for a facility. He entered car with Bishop, only for him to take him to one scorpion/snake infested area inside one thick bush in Ogun state and said that "God asked him to build a camp in that place and the name of the place was going to be called Shiloh.........."

According to Asimolowo, he just dey look am, because nothing he said made sense. You want to build a camp, inside this bush and you are saying people from Lagos and all around the world will come and join you to die sahra...... Even if the place was built eventually, it would cost billions of which, Oyedepo as at the time, nor get money, E no get better relationship with bank and you say you will build such a facility debt free.

As far as he was concerned, he just dey talk rubbish........or maybe na too much bible reading dey make am misbehave. Today Shiloh Camp ground is a standard, to the extent that almost every major Church is now going to build camp inside Bush, from MFM, to Redeem church, to Four square Gospel. Even Muslims have their own camp (NASFAT).

Since Shiloh was launched, Pastor Asimolowo has said na since that Shiloh launching that he has learnt to respect the type of Faith whey Bishop Oyedepo get - this one no be tokunbo, na brand new. As far as he is concerned, anything the man says God sent him to do, he will do it, don't just bother yourself. For a man like him to raise that camp and every single thing he has said he was going to do and was going to happen all without error came to pass.

You may be thinking God can never be foolish which is a great truth, but an upright, God fearing man says or takes a decision based on what God told him to do and you call him unreasonable, blind, senseless or a fool. Isn't that the same thing as calling God or his wisdom foolishness??

That is why Apostle Paul can say without fear of Contradiction irrespective of what you think as long as it is God's wisdom, No matter how it may look or seem, "even the foolishness of God is wiser than (the wisdom of ) men. Be guided by the wisdom of God..........
No need 4 long story...My foolishness is wiser is than your wisdom.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by bizzibodi(m): 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
ehissi:

all that na long story...My foolishness is wiser than your wisdom.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by joinnow: 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Op
You are so so wrong in one..........

Song of Solomon
Contain name of God

Go and ready chapter 8 vs 6

U go see JAH

Abi Jah no bi God name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Shows Up In A Church With A Gun (Video) / Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.