Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) (61949 Views)

Generalisation Of The Name God And The Blame Game / STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by tydi(m): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2017
mayorwah98:
Don't jump into conclusion. He quoted what's in the Bible

Just like you quoted me now
you r ""NOTICED""
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by unitysheart(m): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2017
Thepasserby:
The book of Esther actually started from The book of Samuel.

It was a demonstration of why God orders man to do certain awkward things. In the book of 1Samuel 15, God told Saul to destroy the Amalikites but he ended up sparing the king and his household. Although King Agag was later killed by Samuel, but some of his descendants escaped.

Haman was a descendant of Agag and that explains why he had so much hatred for the Jews. (Esther 3:1).

Hmmm. I dey suspect you. I read this recently as a JW
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2017
pmc01:

Why will God even be "foolish" at all. Is there no more sensible way to describe God's Might?
I have to admit you Christians can really be pathetic.

You don't even know what pathetic looks like, even if it stopped by your house, knocked on your door and ask to be invited in for tea......... angry

That guy simply quoted Paul's words in the bible in first Corinthians Chapter one verse 25.......

Habaaaaaaa. .......... undecided cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by softMarket(m): 10:42am On Feb 26, 2017
pmc01:

Why will God even be "foolish" at all. Is there no more sensible way to describe God's Might?
I have to admit you Christians can really be pathetic.

what is wrong with u muslems?

I quoted a bible verse and u re talking rubbish!!

Did i say God is foolish?
You should have asked me what i meant! The only thing u muslems know how to do is "shout allah ku bar and bomb pple"
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by softMarket(m): 10:44am On Feb 26, 2017
ehissi:

You don't even know what pathetic looks like, even if it stopped by your house, knocked on your door and ask to be invited in for tea......... angry

That guy simply quoted Paul's words in the bible in first Corinthians Chapter one verse 25.......

dont mind these muslems that dont have sense!

1 Like

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by killsmith(f): 10:44am On Feb 26, 2017
Some men get attention while reading songs of Solomon
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by juman(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2017
ehissi:

Difficult as this may Sound - to even some Christians - the bible isn't the Word of God.

Looking at the OP alone, an intelligent, unbaised and objective mind can decipher that.

The Bible contains the Words of God, there exist specific portions in the bible where God spoke through people - sending them as messengers - and where God spoke expressly to people and with people. And there are portions where his name isn't even mentioned though his existence is felt.

For example, in the Fourth Chapter of Esther verse 3 and 16, you see where Esther sought the help of Mordecai to call all the Jews into prayer and fasting with sack clothes and ashes as she sought to approach the king in the hope of reversing the Evil decree set against the Jews. ....

Also, in the Book of Songs of Solomon, some translations of the bible - like the World English Bible - make mention of God in the 8th Chapter and the 6th verse as "Yahweh".

What the bible is believed to be in it entirety - and on this point I believe almost every theologian agrees on - is that the bible is the "Words of Truth".

The understanding being that there are different realms or levels of Truth.

In other words, there words that apply specifically in a specific situation or circumstance but not in another. And there are those that apply in all circumstances regardless of the situation.......

As a Christian and someone who has read....... well some parts of the Qoran, I think it is safer to think of it as a the Qoran and the Hadith in one book.......

I think I understood your point.

@bolded
Hadith is explanation on Qoran.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by pmc01(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2017
ehissi:

Who says he quoted Amadioha's lyrics?
The point is that it is a very pathetic and foolish idea to view God from the lens of foolishness.
What is wrong is wrong, be it from Paul or Don Jazzy.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Limitless72(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2017
HRich:
Apart from Solomon which other man can be credited as a wise living

Nigga there av been a lot of wiser men than solomon...solomon is just recorded in the bible and his works and word are held at high esteem,,,
But there are wiser being than solomon who av existed afterwardz ,,presently and are yet to exist,,,,
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ehissi(m): 10:58am On Feb 26, 2017
pmc01:

Who says he quoted Amadioha's lyrics?
The point is that it is a very pathetic and foolish idea to view God from the lens of foolishness.
What is wrong is wrong, be it from Paul or Don Jazzy.

Meaning the bible is foolish ba? Or better yet Apostle Paul in the bible was both pathetic and foolish and he was wrong to have made such a statement?

In fact, First Corinthians Chapter 1 verse 25 should be deleted from the bible ba? undecided

1 Share

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by OBAGADAFFI: 11:07am On Feb 26, 2017
ehissi:

Difficult as this may Sound - to even some Christians - the bible isn't the Word of God.

Looking at the OP alone, an intelligent, unbaised and objective mind can decipher that.

The Bible contains the Words of God, there exist specific portions in the bible where God spoke through people - sending them as messengers - and where God spoke expressly to people and with people. And there are portions where his name isn't even mentioned though his existence is felt.

For example, in the Fourth Chapter of Esther verse 3 and 16, you see where Esther sought the help of Mordecai to call all the Jews into prayer and fasting with sack clothes and ashes as she sought to approach the king in the hope of reversing the Evil decree set against the Jews. ....

Also, in the Book of Songs of Solomon, some translations of the bible - like the World English Bible - make mention of God in the 8th Chapter and the 6th verse as "Yahweh".

What the bible is believed to be in it entirety - and on this point I believe almost every theologian agrees on - is that the bible is the "Words of Truth".

The understanding being that there are different realms or levels of Truth.

In other words, there words that apply specifically in a specific situation or circumstance but not in another. And there are those that apply in all circumstances regardless of the situation.......

As a Christian and someone who has read....... well some parts of the Qoran, I think it is safer to think of it as a the Qoran and the Hadith in one book.......

You are absolutely right.

The Bible is a collection of books (Jew's and Christians scriptures.)
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Ezyp(m): 11:15am On Feb 26, 2017
jaxxy:
Interesting bt I will hv to confirm. However we can't be more holy than d bible bt there's smtn intresting I found reading d bible especally in old testaments. It made me wonder and ask...

Why wud any man write smtn bad about himself for d world to read for example David wrote(or Ws written by sm1esle) severally where he commited adultery and Abraham where he lied about his wife being his sister and Jacob being a traitor to his older broda... besides learning points they give, I think it shows the author is probably not a man or a man inspired by smtn higher(God) cos men wud rather write d best about themselves rather than embarrassing facts for others to read. The bible is real and inspirational
We read and learn from other peoples story to grow...that's how life is...allow others to learn from your mistake(story) to avoid sure mistake
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by paSURE(m): 11:24am On Feb 26, 2017
Pls do your research very well before you come out with facts.How do you mean the name of God is not mention in the book of Esther,and Solomon? God is Implied,if not mentioned.And that is God in reference.no man is wiser than the most High.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by barrysome001: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2017
Thepasserby:
The book of Esther actually started from The book of Samuel.

It was a demonstration of why God orders man to do certain awkward things. In the book of 1Samuel 15, God told Saul to destroy the Amalikites but he ended up sparing the king and his household. Although King Agag was later killed by Samuel, but some of his descendants escaped.

Haman was a descendant of Agag and that explains why he had so much hatred for the Jews. (Esther 3:1).

Your bible knowledge is impressive! You know book!!!

1 Like

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Nellybank(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2017
Osibanjo nah. His wisdom have helped in d appreciation in naira within days as act. President
HRich:

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by bilulu(m): 11:41am On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
I don't know what Song of Solomon is doing in the Bible
oga read d last paragraph....
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by LastSurvivor11: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2017
nemynely:

It's there to prove to certain Christians that romance, pre-intimacy, sweet somethings, effusive verbal sensual remarks of fond parts on your spouse etc ARE ALLOWED WHOLESALE IN THE CONFINES OF HOLY MATRIMONY.

Yes my brother, ur very correct, exactly the way Solomon engaged his 700 concubines in HOLY MATRIMONY. wink
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by ThesailorR: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
I
Oya go remove am.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by dumodust(m): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2017
Limitless72:

Nigga there av been a lot of wiser men than solomon...solomon is just recorded in the bible and his works and word are held at high esteem,,,
But there are wiser being than solomon who av existed afterwardz ,,presently and are yet to exist,,,,
bros... you are now writing your own book o outside the bible
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by 0b10010011: 11:55am On Feb 26, 2017
If you want to perform well in bed, read songs of Solomon before nacking and see how your rod will gather weight before action
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by kingteaser619(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
jaxxy:
Interesting bt I will hv to confirm. However we can't be more holy than d bible bt there's smtn intresting I found reading d bible especally in old testaments. It made me wonder and ask...

Why wud any man write smtn bad about himself for d world to read for example David wrote(or Ws written by sm1esle) severally where he commited adultery and Abraham where he lied about his wife being his sister and Jacob being a traitor to his older broda... besides learning points they give, I think it shows the author is probably not a man or a man inspired by smtn higher(God) cos men wud rather write d best about themselves rather than
embarrassing facts for others to read. The bible is real and inspirational
you are wish . thanks for this
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Ezionye(f): 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
Homeboiy:
God forgive me

dont even know d last tyme I read bible

Go and sin no more
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by tete7000(m): 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
HRich:

The son of man, Jesus Christ. He is wisdom personified and he lived among us as man.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Ezionye(f): 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
Realist2:

A young man left for a boarding ( an hostel) school with joy and so many goodies loaded in his bag. 3months after he has exhausted those goodies, he pick up a phone, called mummy, mummy said he should call daddy, when he called daddy that his foodstuff and money has finished, daddy said ok, i,ve heard you, but READ UR BIBLE, he waited for 2days after, he called again, daddy told him to READ UR BIBLE. The 5th day, he almost died of hunger , he called daddy again, daddy told him to READ UR BIBLE. The boy waited thinking that daddy will send money, but no, he started begging to feed himself. He called daddy again daddy told him to READ UR BIBLE, and out of annoyance he went to his bag, brought out THE BIBLE from dip inside his bag, opened it LO and Behold ! , a CHEQUE of #50,000 written in his name, just for him to fill the date and cash the money.
Till today, the guy does not play with his bible.
You will never know what you're missing !.

Stale story
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
HRich:

solomon Became A Wise Fool
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
HRich:

With your name I know what you mean, InsanePsycho
Read ur bible solomon later became a fool

1 Like

Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Another reason which could be why the name of God was not mentioned in the book of Esther is particular is that, considering during those days, no one has the right to write the name of God but only the priest. Even to mention it in vain was not common. This can be traced in the ten commandments in Exodus 20.

It is believed that Israelite went to exile at that time, without the priests, and so, no one who could pen down the name of God, possibly, that's why the writer of the book wildrew from that. However, we have seen how God worked miracles to save his people.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by dihno4real(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
HRich:

DANIEL... u might want to read about him
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by gud4dbest(m): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
ademasta:
Hmmmm
Song of Mr Solo(he that used wisdom to copulate with 300 housewives and 700 Olosho(s)...)

Hmmm again.
FTC(Flying To Church)
Not
First To Comment

700 wives...
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by lastmaster(m): 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
grin grin
HRich:

buhari. grin
HRich:

buhari.
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by Realist2: 2:06pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ezionye:

Stale story
You know what i see when i check ur dp ?, i see a girl who is on the edge .
Re: These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) by riczy(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
leh me ask him
Kondomatic:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Shows Up In A Church With A Gun (Video) / Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.